ECQF | P2 (3) Philadelphia 76ers vs (6) Brooklyn Nets

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who will win?

BKN in 5
1%
BKN in 6
6%
BKN in 7
17%
PHI in 5
35%
PHI in 6
36%
PHI in 7
7%

Total votes: 121

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Re: ECQF | P2 (3) Philadelphia 76ers vs (6) Brooklyn Nets 

Post#481 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:41 am

MiltPalacioFan wrote:No annoying dancing and celebration from Brooklyn bench this series like they're the 73-9 Warrior's?

Yeah God forbid anyone has fun in this league anymore. You can only be happy if you win 73 games!
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#482 » by TheNewEra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 am

Jazztop wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Dupp wrote:butlers egos too big to stick around getting this kind of productivity

A funny two seasons. Went from Minnesota that needed him to have any chance of being competitive to Philadelphia on a team he’s kind of just in case side kick. Some games I’ve seen him be behind JJ in touches.

If his body is tired and he wants to preserve himself for another 5-7 years I believe he will stay in this situation. I personally believe he wants a middle ground to both situations he won’t have to do it all but he can showcase that he’s one of the top reasons. :nod:

If he leaves I think it’s Knicks or Clippers with both teams needing a max guy signing first for him to come

I think he’ll chase the money. There’s no way the Sixers can max out both Harris and Butler and I think they can reasonably demand a max. Ideally the Sixers will keep both guys on a paycut maybe 4/110 or so but unlikely.

I could see Harris playing himself out of a max during this post season run before Butler. Harris doesn’t seem to care where he goes that could end up being a sign and trade situation if things go wrong
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,792

Post#483 » by MetalFingaz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 am

TheNewEra wrote:
MetalFingaz wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
A funny two seasons. Went from Minnesota that needed him to have any chance of being competitive to Philadelphia on a team he’s kind of just in case side kick. Some games I’ve seen him be behind JJ in touches.

If his body is tired and he wants to preserve himself for another 5-7 years I believe he will stay in this situation. I personally believe he wants a middle ground to both situations he won’t have to do it all but he can showcase that he’s one of the top reasons. :nod:

If he leaves I think it’s Knicks or Clippers with both teams needing a max guy signing first for him to come

If the 6ers make it to the ECF and they offer him the max, he stays. Otherwise, I think he's out to LA (either team).

Which makes it also difficult because if both favorites hold up its Raptors vs 76ers in the second round. Kawhi and Butler both want to win but also be comfortable so it will be interesting to see what the outcome does for free agency

Very true - there's a lot riding on this series for the future of both teams. Kawhi bolts if they lose, and I think Jimmy does if they lose. The other (projected) semi - Boston and Milwaukee - is gonna be great as well and, if Boston loses, I think Kyrie is gone. Folks tuning out the playoffs because of the Warriors are missing out on some great basketball (and some good drama).
It's time for 5 refs.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,792

Post#484 » by MetalFingaz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:45 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Jazztop wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

I think he’ll chase the money. There’s no way the Sixers can max out both Harris and Butler and I think they can reasonably demand a max. Ideally the Sixers will keep both guys on a paycut maybe 4/110 or so but unlikely.

I could see Harris playing himself out of a max during this post season run before Butler. Harris doesn’t seem to care where he goes that could end up being a sign and trade situation if things go wrong

We'll see. If the 6ers are willing to pay, max 'em both, hope Simmons gets a bit of a jumper and hope Zhaire comes along as he's projected and that's a very, very dangerous team.
It's time for 5 refs.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#485 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 am

Nets are so bad, Greg Monroe is getting minutes during a playoff series and putting up numbers.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#486 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 am

I would rest Embiid even if it means losing Game 4. They need him at his best to have any chance against Toronto.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#487 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:49 am

knicksh20b wrote:Nets are so bad, Greg Monroe is getting minutes during a playoff series and putting up numbers.

4-13 and getting torched on defense is putting up numbers?

He was by far their worst player on the floor.

At least we have playoff basketball in New York for once. You should be happy considering what you're used to.
Philly_3
Junior
And1: 381

Post#488 » by Philly_3 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:50 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MiltPalacioFan wrote:No annoying dancing and celebration from Brooklyn bench this series like they're the 73-9 Warrior's?

Yeah God forbid anyone has fun in this league anymore. You can only be happy if you win 73 games!

Honestly I gotta give the Nets a lot of credit. The Sixers came into this series sleep walking and the Nets forced them to take this seriously. Much props to a young upcoming team.
Filthadelphia
Senior
And1: 751

Post#489 » by Filthadelphia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:51 am

BEEZY TAUGHT 'EM.
AVATAR BET W RAPS FANS: Sixers beat Raps in 2018 playoffs
-binjumper
-And1+2
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#490 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:52 am

Actually didn't mind Dudley's assessment of Simmons, the media just phrased it in a way to get Simmons to react, however I don't mind a motivated Simmons.

Read on Twitter
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,217

Post#491 » by Bank Shot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:53 am

That was probably the worst performance by any team in the playoffs so far. Zero defense played by the Nets and some god awful shot selection.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#492 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:53 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:Actually didn't mind Dudley's assessment of Simmons, the media just phrased it in a way to get Simmons to react, however I don't mind a motivated Simmons.

Read on Twitter

Dudley is so embarrassing.

Notice how Russell/Levert/Dinwiddie didn't say anything stupid. Bum ass Dudley has to take all the headlines and then does nothing but air ball 3s.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#493 » by elchengue20 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:54 am

Lol Greg Monroe sucked big time.

Also Ennis and Scott were complete garbage.

Still it was a pretty easy win and without Embiid.

Not looking good for the Nets, they are promising but have ways to go.
ProcessMeUpFam
Senior
And1: 1,033

Post#494 » by ProcessMeUpFam » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:01 am

VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#495 » by VDT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 am

Nets really need to get one of the top free agents to get anywhere. They have some good players but no real difference makers and when the time comes to pay them they will be stuck with a good but not great team.

I would also move away form Russell, unless he starts shooting like Curry he is never gonna be really efficient with the way he is (not) drawing fouls.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#496 » by Tron Carter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:12 am

barclay looked pretty empty
R.I.P Black Mamba
Jazztop
Sixth Man
And1: 1,573

Post#497 » by Jazztop » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 am

VDT wrote:Nets really need to get one of the top free agents to get anywhere. They have some good players but no real difference makers and when the time comes to pay them they will be stuck with a good but not great team.

I would also move away form Russell, unless he starts shooting like Curry he is never gonna be really efficient with the way he is (not) drawing fouls.

You’re not going to get Curry shooting out of any player not named Curry (excluding Seth). So what are you left with? A third year all star who can get white hot and make his teammates better. Imagine them with Durant or Kawhi?

Russell is not the problem - they are a playoff team because of Russell.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Post#498 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:14 am

After Dudley’s comments he explodes for 0 points 0 assist and a whopping 1 rebound...and Simmons went 9/11 looking like a half court god. Unbelievable
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#499 » by VDT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:20 am

Jazztop wrote:
VDT wrote:Nets really need to get one of the top free agents to get anywhere. They have some good players but no real difference makers and when the time comes to pay them they will be stuck with a good but not great team.

You’re not going to get Curry shooting out of any player not named Curry (excluding Seth). So what are you left with? A third year all star who can get white hot and make his teammates better. Imagine them with Durant or Kawhi?

Russell is not the problem - they are a playoff team because of Russell.

I just said that they need to sign one of the top free agents to get anywhere. Regardless of that i wouldnt give Russell anything close to a max contract.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#500 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:23 am

MetalFingaz wrote:
Dupp wrote:butlers egos too big to stick around getting this kind of productivity

Jimmy lives for the 4th quarter. We'll see if he can turn it on without Embiid here. He just needs the ball in his hands to be most effective, don't think it's an ego thing.

Definitely. He was eaily a top 10 player last season. Not a great fit with simmons. not sold he'll accept it.

Return to The General Board