Can we please make a thread about Andrew Bogut?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Re: Can we please make a thread about Andrew Bogut? 

Post#41 » by Samurai » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 pm

I think they can win without Boogie and I think they can win without Bogut. But I have serious doubts they can win without both.

Kerr plays his bigs largely based on match-ups. When the opponent goes smaller and quicker, Looney and even Bell get more playing time; Bell actually played fairly well last year against Houston. But neither can match-up well against the big, strong 7-footers like Jokic or Adams. Cousins played very well against Jokic this year.

With Cousins being out, Bogut will be very important in certain match-ups and used less often in other match-ups. The ball moves better on offense with Bogut than it did with Cousins, since when Boogie began his iso routine the other players tend to stand around and watch. But obviously the Dubs had a scoring weapon in Cousins that is clearly absent with Bogut. Not a big deal if Curry, KD and Klay are hot, but having a Boogie iso is a nice insurance policy if the shooters are cold or resting. But Bogut has outstanding teamwork with Steph and Klay in particular in terms of passing and screen-setting.

I think the Warriors defense is noticeably better with Bogut. He provides rim protection and is still an excellent defensive rebounder. His communication with Draymond in particular on picking up switches is outstanding; those two just seem to be telepathic with each other on defense. Bogut can clearly be beaten with quickness on the PnR, but some of this can be minimized when he is on the court with Green and Iguodala.

As a Warriors fan, I was happy we signed him and am especially grateful to have him with Cousins out.
BNM
Analyst
And1: 4,198

Post#42 » by BNM » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Wagonband wrote:Ofc they can win without Boogie. They showed it last year. They could win also without Bogut.

That said, Bogut has looked great. He looks better than he did the last year with the Warriors i might say. Also iirc he didn't play a lot in that 3-1 comeback from the Cavs with injuries. Even then if he would've played the Warriors probably win.

I agree with this 100%. I said at the time, Bogut's injury was the turning point of that series. After Bogut went down, it turned into a lay up line for LeBron and company. With zero rim protection, CLE averaged 54 points in the paint for the final three games of that series. Losing Bogut's defense completely changed the outcome of that series.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#43 » by SlowPaced » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 pm

Showdown wrote:He is alt right trash

Aside from his unfortunate Pizzagate tweet, which wasn't that assertive either, I haven't seen anything from him that suggests he's alt-right. Right-wing, possibly, but alt-right? Nah. Criticizing certain elements on the left doesn't make you alt-right, it doesn't inherently make you anything other than a critic of what it is that you criticize, really.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#44 » by Dez » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:10 am

kio80 wrote:All Bogut wanted is to leech a ring off the warriors, shoulda joined his fellow Aussies Bret Brown, Simmons and bolden on 76ers but no, cause he’s a pussy who wants an easy way out.
Hope he lasts more than 7 seconds in the finals this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually he wanted to go back to Australia for his family.
InTheNBADraft
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#45 » by InTheNBADraft » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:12 am

He's had a good career, but if wouuld've been so much better if it weren't for all his injuries.
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#46 » by Showdown » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 am

SlowPaced wrote:

Aside from his unfortunate Pizzagate tweet, which wasn't that assertive either, I haven't seen anything from him that suggests he's alt-right. Right-wing, possibly, but alt-right? Nah. Criticizing certain elements on the left doesn't make you alt-right, it doesn't inherently make you anything other than a critic of what it is that you criticize, really.

He is "criticizing" opressed groups because they are whining too much while his whole twitter is made of tweets where he whine why people whine too much and that kind of hipocracy is alt right 1/1 . It the same thing when alt right say that they are against PC and safe places and always are ready to blame whole races , nations, religions for something because they are for freedom of speech but they need safe place when someone blame whites for slavery and every far right politician gets votes by promising them that he will stop that when they elect him.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#47 » by michaelm » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:05 am

Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

He is "criticizing" opressed groups because they are whining too much while his whole twitter is made of tweets where he whine why people whine too much and that kind of hipocracy is alt right 1/1 . It the same thing when alt right say that they are against PC and safe places and always are ready to blame whole races , nations, religions for something because they are for freedom of speech but they need safe place when someone blame whites for slavery and every far right politician gets votes by promising them that he will stop that when they elect him.

That is where I got annoyed with him, i am sure he worked hard as well, but being born with the genes to grow 7 foot tall was a fair help towards him making it as an NBA basketballer, and my view is while you can be proud to have succeeded if you end up being rich and successful you should thank providence to some degree and not look down on those less fortunate. He seems to have mellowed, perhaps due to his further adversity injury wise and with fatherhood, and appears to no longer be much inclined towards social commentary, and I have always found his comments in regard to basketball both pithy and quite frequently amusing.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,386

Post#48 » by svart » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:06 am

kio80 wrote:All Bogut wanted is to leech a ring off the warriors, shoulda joined his fellow Aussies Bret Brown, Simmons and bolden on 76ers but no, cause he’s a pussy who wants an easy way out.
Hope he lasts more than 7 seconds in the finals this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is his choice, don’t understand the anger.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#49 » by WarriorGM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:19 am

If there is a player who can claim some sort of legitimate entitlement in regards to an opportunity to win another ring with the Warriors it's Bogut. He was there during the tough times and his arrival while still in his prime was a catalyst in their transformation. He was also sacrificed to acquire KD. He earned his place on the team.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#50 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:23 am

Did you really have to title it ‘Can we please make a thread about Andrew Bogut’...while making a thread about Andrew Bogut?
pontius
Senior
And1: 2,030

Post#51 » by pontius » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:22 am

Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

That's the big problem nowadays. If you're a professional sports player people talk as much about your personal life of the court as much as they do about your game, sometimes more. I found for myself it's best not to care what kind of people the players are, because a lot of them tend to be stupid, entitled ****.
GregOden
Starter
And1: 2,499

Post#52 » by GregOden » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:49 am

michaelm wrote:

I had formed that impression to an extent, but he seems to have given up political commentary, and I have always found his comments about basketball admirably acerbic/pithy. If he was a genuine racist I doubt he would have been welcomed back to GSW.

The alternative right was formed by Richard Spencer, he's a literal Hitler heiling white supremacist. People these days seems to think anyone who uses troll memes or has some conservative views is suddenly a literal Nazi.
SlowPaced
RealGM

Post#53 » by SlowPaced » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:25 am

Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

You are committing an association fallacy, a la Hitler drank water, therefore everyone who drinks water is a Nazi.

Alt-right is a white supremacist, neo-Fascist movement. There's nothing to suggest that Andrew Bogut subscribes to such a movement.
Showdown
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by Showdown » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:35 am

SlowPaced wrote:
Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

You clearly don't know what alt-right means. Alt-right is a white supremacist, neo-Fascist movement.

The "It is the same thing when alt-right say/do this and that" argument is an association fallacy.

They have unique way of expressing their belliefs that separate them from others from same (right) spectrum
SlowPaced
RealGM

Post#55 » by SlowPaced » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:39 am

Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:
Showdown wrote:

You clearly don't know what alt-right means. Alt-right is a white supremacist, neo-Fascist movement.

The "It is the same thing when alt-right say/do this and that" argument is an association fallacy.

They have unique way of expressing their belliefs that separate them from others from same (right) spectrum

If you think right-wing politics consist of a singular school of thought that is essentially the same thing, you are bereft of any insight with regard to politics. Christian democrats, right-libertarians and white supremacists are all right-wing, but they have a ton of differences.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#56 » by JazzUte88 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:39 am

I dunno. Some people are saying Bogut had something left, I kinda thought he was terrible with the Lakers last year, but then again they weren't a playoff team or competing late in the year.
Showdown
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by Showdown » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:53 am

SlowPaced wrote:
Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

If you think right-wing politics consist of a singular school of thought that is essentially the same thing, you are bereft of any insight with regard to politics. Christian democrats, right-libertarians and white supremacists are all right-wing, but they have a ton of differences.

I never said that , i said that is easy to differentiate alt right from other groups or ideologies from the right because that they present their message in way that is unique so it's easy to recognize it.
SlowPaced
RealGM

Post#58 » by SlowPaced » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:55 am

Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:
Showdown wrote:

I never said that , i said that is easy to differentiate alt right from other groups or ideologies from the right because that they present their message in way that is unique so it's easy to recognize it.

Okay. You clearly think meme-sharing, buzzword using conservatives = Alt-right. That is inaccurate. Alt-right is a very distinct movement, formed by Richard B. Spencer, that subscribes to white nationalism and neo-Fascism. Some of the meme-sharing, buzzword using conservatives are alt-right, but it definitely is not all of them.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#59 » by j-ragg » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Thinking Bogut is alt-right is hilarious.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Showdown
Sixth Man

Post#60 » by Showdown » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:28 pm

SlowPaced wrote:
Showdown wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

Okay. You clearly think meme-sharing, buzzword using conservatives = Alt-right. That is inaccurate. Alt-right is a very distinct movement, formed by Richard B. Spencer, that subscribes to white nationalism and neo-Fascism.

Not just meme's and buzzwords but extreme deniability where all messages are sent through wink wink nudge nudge kind of signals so that those who think like them and those who are on opposite side understand what they said but when someone call them out they can say that they didn't thought that way, it's misunderstanding/joke/sarcasm/concept. Also using PC as a strawman , using free speach as a weapon when it benefit them and being against when it's going against their interests, being annoyed when opressed groups are fighting for their rights and complaining about that all the time like they are the real victims . Another thing that is chracteristic for them is that a lot of them are ex progressives, libertarians, communists, greens so they use completely different kind of terminology than conservatives and issues that they isntrumentalize are often liberal/leftist issues but they use them in different way so that they can find argument to discriminate other minorities, , for example using gay rights, women rights , transparency, antiinterventionism as talking points to attack liberals or minorities and we know that most of conservatives aren't pro gay and that they are for interventionism. All those things together make it easy for everyone to differentiate them from conservatives, christian democrats , constitutionalist and other groups from the right side of political spectrum.

Return to The General Board