WCF | P1: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Call it!

Blazers in 4
3%
Blazers in 5
1%
Blazers in 6
6%
Blazers in 7
5%
Warriors in 4
17%
Warriors in 5
41%
Warriors in 6
23%
Warriors in 7
4%

Total votes: 334

ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Re: WCF | P1: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers 

Post#901 » by ken6199 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:40 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:We got clowned for losing to this team....

Only the clowns chose to clown us, and I choose to ignore those clowns. Most said it was an ultra competitive series all 6 games went down to the wire.

Isn't this game proof of how good the Rockets are? I said it once and I'll say it again, you haven't experienced pressure until you have to defend 4-5 3pt shooters every possession.

Honest I think Hou Den Portland are all good in their own way, Houston just match up better simply because all theyhave been doing, from building the team to play style, is done with countering GS as their goal. ISO attack to cut down TO hence reducing GS transition game, shooters trying to outscore with a high variance game, all switch defense to force GS into an ISO, etc. They provided a blue print but came up short in talent and also crumbled under pressure a bit.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#902 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:41 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:Mccollum and Evan Turner shrunk today and they were playing like freaking MJ and Kobe on Sunday. Denver's gotta be like "where was this **** the other day???"

CJ was. Dame has come up underwhelming in 8 straight games.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#903 » by InWestWeTrust » Wed May 15, 2019 3:41 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Blazers’ defensive game plan should get flamed for how bad it was

So bad. What was that? Kanter can’t be out there or at least needs to play up more. Not sit in the paint.

I’m pissed I want Portland to challenge us. I expect them to go small the rest of the series and things will be closer/more competitive
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,831

Post#904 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Enes Kanter is unplayable in this series. It was clear during the game, but damn in the replay and breakdown, you really just see how bad of a defender Kanter is.

It wasn't just Kanter. Zach was also dropping so that suggests that was the game plan. Someone suggested we go uber small with Harkless at the five but I don't know if that'd work because we struggled rebounding without Enes tbh.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,716

Post#905 » by VanWest82 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:44 am

I know it was already pretty much common knowledge that KD would be moving on from GS this summer, but if there was any long shot chance that he might stay prior to game five WCSF, that's now gone. This Warriors team is still the title favorite minus KD and that should be apparent to everyone, including KD.

He'll come back and they'll destroy whomever comes out of the East but KD knows they could still theoretically win if he sits (because they don't need him as Draymond so eloquently put), and that's tough.
Middle Child
Pro Prospect
And1: 811

Post#906 » by Middle Child » Wed May 15, 2019 3:44 am

Dame is in a slump but will breakthrough eventually.

Either way it won’t matter. Dubs are back to their old style that’s tough to beat.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#907 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:44 am

Kerr wearing a t shirt lol
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#908 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed May 15, 2019 3:44 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:Mccollum and Evan Turner shrunk today and they were playing like freaking MJ and Kobe on Sunday. Denver's gotta be like "where was this **** the other day???"

CJ was. Dame has come up underwhelming in 8 straight games.

Golden State's defense is considerably better than Denver's, they swarmed Lillard and McCollum.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#909 » by ken6199 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:45 am

shza wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
kuchu wrote:
Only because you cornered yourselves by proclaiming yourselves as the Warriors killers...all the way from your GM to your players.

Stop.

They said they were aiming GS as the team to beat, which wasn't wrong. Most chose to stay quiet and afraid to get embarrassed later, they were brave enough to say the truth and tell what they really want. If your goal isn't to get past GS, what are you doing here in the West Conference? Nobody ever said they were the warriors killers.

Let's not put words into people's mouth here.

So no one whined for the past year about how they were actually the better team and would have won last year if Floppy Paul hadn’t had his usual injury (never mind Iguadala already being out)?

Winning without Paul's injury was a possibility, it's not a fact.

Who whined and said 2018 Houston were the better team? I haven't seen management or player said that. Stop using one or two posters to represent a general opinion.

I always see posts taking a discount in credibility when posters start using self baked nickname like Floppy Paul. If you say something, say it. Showing a clear personal agenda is not the best way to convey your points.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#910 » by shza » Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 am

ken6199 wrote:
shza wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
Stop.

They said they were aiming GS as the team to beat, which wasn't wrong. Most chose to stay quiet and afraid to get embarrassed later, they were brave enough to say the truth and tell what they really want. If your goal isn't to get past GS, what are you doing here in the West Conference? Nobody ever said they were the warriors killers.

Let's not put words into people's mouth here.

So no one whined for the past year about how they were actually the better team and would have won last year if Floppy Paul hadn’t had his usual injury (never mind Iguadala already being out)?

Winning without Paul's injury was a possibility, it's not a fact.

Who whined and said 2018 Houston were the better team? I haven't seen management or player said that. Stop using one or two posters to represent a general opinion.

I always see posts taking a discount in credibility when posters start using self baked nickname like Floppy Paul. If you say something, say it. Showing a clear personal agenda is not the best way to convey your points.

You’re right; only two GB posters ever said the Rox would have won last year absent Paul’s injury. Talk about credibility.
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#911 » by SeniorWalker » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 am

VanWest82 wrote:I know it was already pretty much common knowledge that KD would be moving on from GS this summer, but if there was any long shot chance that he might stay prior to game five WCSF, that's now gone. This Warriors team is still the title favorite minus KD and that should be apparent to everyone, including KD.

He'll come back and they'll destroy whomever comes out of the East but KD knows they could still theoretically win if he sits (because they don't need him as Draymond so eloquently put), and that's tough.

The warriors are not going to destroy the east winner no matter who they play. Both Toronto and Milwaukee are better than any team in the west outside of golden state.

And Milwaukee matches up tremendously well against them and have the most physically dominant and unstoppable player in the NBA right now. I would not bet on the warriors against Milwaukee this year.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,717

Post#912 » by GSP » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Enes Kanter is unplayable in this series. It was clear during the game, but damn in the replay and breakdown, you really just see how bad of a defender Kanter is.

Denver and Okc barely run pickandroll so he wasnt as useless against them

I think Portlands only chance to make this competitive is to play Harkless/Aminu at the 4/5
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,114

Post#913 » by og15 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:49 am

Middle Child wrote:Dame is in a slump but will breakthrough eventually.

Either way it won’t matter. Dubs are back to their old style that’s tough to beat.

Blazers scored 94 points, they shot 36/25 and they had 21 turnovers. I get on people a lot for focusing too much on offense and not defense, and the Blazers defense was also poor, but they did not perform close to what is needed offensively to win no matter what style GS was playing.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#914 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 am

Denver would have been a better matchup but still would have lost. They had the personnel to at least make things tough for Curry and Klay.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,716

Post#915 » by VanWest82 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:53 am

SeniorWalker wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:I know it was already pretty much common knowledge that KD would be moving on from GS this summer, but if there was any long shot chance that he might stay prior to game five WCSF, that's now gone. This Warriors team is still the title favorite minus KD and that should be apparent to everyone, including KD.

The warriors are not going to destroy the east winner no matter who they play. Both Toronto and Milwaukee are better than any team in the west outside of golden state.

And Milwaukee matches up tremendously well against them and have the most physically dominant and unstoppable player in the NBA right now. I would not bet on the warriors against Milwaukee this year.

1. Rockets would likely be favored against either Bucks or Raptors;
2. Let's make a bet right now. Warriors vs. whichever team prevails from ECF. I'll bet Warriors.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,232

Post#916 » by Impuniti » Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 am

Curry has always taken this poor guy's soul. I still think he has some uses in Portland where they can play him when Steph is off and I can see him killing the Warriors with rebounds/points in the paint.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,232

Post#917 » by Impuniti » Wed May 15, 2019 3:55 am

SeniorWalker wrote:

The Raptors are nowhere near as good as the Rockets. I've been wrong on Milwaukee this year, so I will wait it out on them.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#918 » by inquisitive » Wed May 15, 2019 3:55 am

Blazers still kept it close for a little over 3 qtrs. considering how bad they played. I am expecting a much closer game 2.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#919 » by Basileus777 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:57 am

Impuniti wrote:
SeniorWalker wrote:

The Raptors are nowhere near as good as the Rockets. I've been wrong on Milwaukee this year, so I will wait it out on them.

Toronto's defense is legit unlike this years version of the Rockets.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,052

Post#920 » by Marvin Martian » Wed May 15, 2019 3:58 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:Denver would have been a better matchup but still would have lost. They had the personnel to at least make things tough for Curry and Klay.

DEN couldn't beat an undermanned POR in game 7 on their home floor. They don't deserve to play in this game.

Return to The General Board