ECF | P1: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | MIL 1-0

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Series Prediction

Bucks in 4
4%
Bucks in 5
17%
Bucks in 6
26%
Bucks in 7
11%
Raptors in 4
5%
Raptors in 5
1%
Raptors in 6
20%
Raptors in 7
16%

Total votes: 617

sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Re: ECF | P1: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | MIL 1-0 

Post#2601 » by sule » Thu May 16, 2019 4:42 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:You can't stop Brook Lopez, you can only hope to contain him.

Brook Lopez looks like he sat in the back of the class and chewed on paper.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#2602 » by LikeABosh » Thu May 16, 2019 4:45 am

Grape wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Grape wrote:
Do you know what misleading means? Info can be accurate but misleading.

The game was won in the 4th.

That single sentence he wrote doesn't offer any conclusion that is misleading. All it says is the Bucks played better after the 1st quarter.

Except that's not really the case though, which is why it's misleading. The teams were almost exactly equal in the second and third, a bounce here and there, a call here and there and it could be the Raptors by 2 in those quarters.

The Bucks played better in the 4th quarter by a large margin.

Eh, you're being a little pedantic. It's technically true. Which is the best kind of true

It's not like he said the Bucks dominated the Rapotrs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters

Bucks sealed the game in the 4th. Both of you are right
Grape
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,247

Post#2603 » by Grape » Thu May 16, 2019 4:47 am

LikeABosh wrote:
Grape wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
That single sentence he wrote doesn't offer any conclusion that is misleading. All it says is the Bucks played better after the 1st quarter.

Except that's not really the case though, which is why it's misleading. The teams were almost exactly equal in the second and third, a bounce here and there, a call here and there and it could be the Raptors by 2 in those quarters.

The Bucks played better in the 4th quarter by a large margin.

Eh, you're being a little pedantic. It's technically true. Which is the best kind of true

It's not like he said the Bucks dominated the Rapotrs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters

Bucks sealed the game in the 4th. Both of you are right

Yeah you're right lol. It's not something that really matters in the end.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#2604 » by sule » Thu May 16, 2019 4:48 am

LKN wrote:oof... the Bucks played 7 different guys over 25 minutes.

The Raptors bench played a combined total of 30 minutes and 4 of their starters played over 40 minutes.

They have to slow the pace or something... No way can they keep that up all series and win

Raps bench is shortened b/c we lost OG and Nurse seemingly refuses to play McCaw, even though his defensive length would be a problem for Milwaukee.

Nurse also has some weird fascination with FVV. And keeps pairing him with Norman Powell. Powell played really well today and was a positive contribution even when he missed a couple shots. But FVV just jacked up a couple bad shots in crucial possessions, when he should've been passing the ball for easy 2's to just maintain the lead. And FVV should've never played in the 4th.

Raps need to adjust and give more of Greens minutes to Norm, and take away FVV's minutes. Kawhi has possessions where he handles the ball and iso's, we don't need a PG like FVV out there for that and can rest Lowry for at least a minute or two here and there when we run those possessions.

Nurse also blew calling timeouts at the right times. kawhi was a bit gassed at the end, but it was necessary to win the game. Credit the Bucks for staying in after we were up 12 at one point, and for them continuing with their game plan and taking advantage of Lopez's mismatch. But Raps probably lost the game to themselves more than the Bucks took it. Especially late in the 4th with some crucially bad possessions.

Can't believe Nurse hasn't learned to not play FVV in the 4th quarter.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#2605 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:50 am

Van feet is now 1\16 on his last 16 threes Hahahha their coach might be the dumbest man alive. 4 points on 38% TS and he keeps playing him wow what a stooge coach. There's no reason he should of not been made a bench warmer and replaced with Lin by now.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,885

Post#2606 » by buckboy » Thu May 16, 2019 4:52 am

Matty wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Matty wrote:
Go be a Bucks fan then

Lol because I can be objective and admit to any disadvantages. I know it's tough to understand being prepubescent but you'll get there one day too.

It's one thing to be objective.

It's an entire thing to bend over in the general board and embarrass the rest of us Raptors fans.

If Nurse didn't screw with the rotation that worked in the 1st half this would have been an easy win & even Bucks fans know this. You sure as hell didn't expect us to have the lead for 38 minutes of the game. We let it slip away, it's as simple as that.

Wait a minute, you think HE's the one embarrassing Raptor fans?
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,570

Post#2607 » by TroyD92 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:53 am

KingDavid wrote:Missed the game but thankfully I recorded it. I'll watch it later. This looks like a seven game series. Although I'm not expecting Lowry and Lopez to have these performances every game. Raps role players didn't look too hot. Who guarded Giannis/Kawhi?

Mostly Pascal and Middleton, but both guys drew a crowd every time they touched it.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,169

Post#2608 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:53 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Van feet is now 1\16 on his last 17 threes Hahahha their coach might be the dumbest man alive. 4 points on 38% TS and he keeps playing him wow what a stooge coach. There's no reason he should of not been made a bench warmer and replaced with Lin by now.

He loves him for some reason. Even when we had Delon on the team, Delon would be glued to the bench while FVV got near-starter minutes. Nurse's obsession with FVV is why we traded Delon. It's infuriating to watch as a fan.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#2609 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:56 am

buckboy wrote:
Matty wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Lol because I can be objective and admit to any disadvantages. I know it's tough to understand being prepubescent but you'll get there one day too.

It's an entire thing to bend over in the general board and embarrass the rest of us Raptors fans.

If Nurse didn't screw with the rotation that worked in the 1st half this would have been an easy win & even Bucks fans know this. You sure as hell didn't expect us to have the lead for 38 minutes of the game. We let it slip away, it's as simple as that.

Raptors fans have been surprisingly measured in this thread. It's Bucks fans that are flying in with the nonsensical hot takes like "Raptors shot lights out yet Bucks still won". Apparently 37% from the field (35% from 3) is "lights out" these days. Some of this stuff is pure comedy.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Re: ECF: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | P1 

Post#2610 » by James40 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:57 am

Steelo Green wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
LKN wrote:
The Raptors shot well for much of the game... they just ran out of gas. I'm not sure they are going to be able to keep up with the pace the bucks are pushing. They need see if they can slow the game down

The Raptors shot well for 1 quarter.

From the 2nd to the 4th quarter:

Raptors shot 31%
Bucks shot 42%

Forget facts.

Let's just crown Milwaukee champs after game one. Pack up your bags guys.

In Milwaukee, playing a team that’s been off for 37 days, and the game came down to the last few minutes.

The Raptors didn’t get smoked and yea, a loss is a loss, but to keep it that close to end is a positive for the Raptors. They should have a lot of confidence going into game 2.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,885

Post#2611 » by buckboy » Thu May 16, 2019 4:58 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Matty wrote:

Raptors fans have been surprisingly measured in this thread. It's Bucks fans that are flying in with the nonsensical hot takes like "Raptors shot lights out yet Bucks still won". Some of this stuff is pure comedy.

I'm not even saying anything about Raptor fans in general, but saying dumb stuff like if Nurse changes his rotations, this is an easy win is far more embarrassing than anything the other dude said.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#2612 » by Pachinko_ » Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 am

Most importantly, unless you've watched 90+ Bucks games this year it's very hard to explain how bad they looked today, and they still won. But if you've watched them you'd know straight away.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#2613 » by itsme23 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:01 am

I’m not sure why people are upset about the Lopez comments. He’s having a great year and playing awesome.

But he simply is not an elite player, just having one of those amazing years. Ala Channing Frye, Andrew Bogut, JR Smith, Derrick Fisher etc.

Scrub going off. Good for him. He will get paid due to this series.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#2614 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:01 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Matty wrote:

Raptors fans have been surprisingly measured in this thread. It's Bucks fans that are flying in with the nonsensical hot takes like "Raptors shot lights out yet Bucks still won". Apparently 37% from the field (35% from 3) is "lights out" these days. Some of this stuff is pure comedy.
Uhh what? YOu have raps fans in here saying Lopez is a bum and this game was a fluke completely ignoring Lopez had a number of games just like that in the regular season. Don't sit there and act like Raps haven't had any nonsensical hot takes. You guys are just as guilty. Get off the high horse.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#2615 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:01 am

buckboy wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Raptors fans have been surprisingly measured in this thread. It's Bucks fans that are flying in with the nonsensical hot takes like "Raptors shot lights out yet Bucks still won". Some of this stuff is pure comedy.

I'm not even saying anything about Raptor fans in general, but saying dumb stuff like if Nurse changes his rotations, this is an easy win is far more embarrassing than anything the other dude said.
Both are embarrassing comments. One is factually incorrect while the other can't even be proven incorrect because it's referring to a hypothetical.

Maybe It's because I've only been responding to Bucks fans, but there seem to be more dumb Bucks fan posts than Raps fan posts (at least over the last few pages).
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#2616 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:03 am

itsme23 wrote:I’m not sure why people are upset about the Lopez comments. He’s having a great year and playing awesome.

But he simply is not an elite player, just having one of those amazing years. Ala Channing Frye, Andrew Bogut, JR Smith, Derrick Fisher etc.

Scrub going off. Good for him. He will get paid due to this series.
Because you keep ignorantly calling him a scrub. Lopez is in no way a scrub. You are just embarrassing yourself with these ignorant hot takes.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,523

Post#2617 » by GSP » Thu May 16, 2019 5:03 am

feeling good about my Bucks in 5 pick. Itll be a closer series than ours was with them but this is a historic team we're watching guys
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Re: ECF: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | P1 

Post#2618 » by freethedevil » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
LKN wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
The Raptors shot well for 1 quarter.

From the start of the 2nd quarter to the end of the game:

Raptors shot 31%
Bucks shot 42%

The Bucks outplayed the Raptors for 3/4 quarters, and still only won it in the final 2 minutes.

Toronto shot fine from the outside... their percentage sucked because the Bucks blocked 11 shots.

Take away those blocks and they shot 49%.

That was my point... their outside shooting was fine

A blocked shot is a missed shot. It doesn't matter how a shot was missed.

Huh? Yes it does. If a shot is blocked, then that's more likely a reflection of defensive ability or matchup. If you're missing open shots more than you usually do, you can usually expect a regression to the mean.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#2619 » by itsme23 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 am

Ok you are right he is an elite all star Center.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#2620 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Most importantly, unless you've watched 90+ Bucks games this year it's very hard to explain how bad they looked today, and they still won. But if you've watched them you'd know straight away.

The teams were very close all year.

Bucks were #4 in offensive rating and #1 in defensive rating.

Raptors were #5 in offensive rating and #5 in defensive rating.

Both teams played like **** and were bailed out by unexpected heroes (Lowry and Lopez).

Return to The General Board