Zion Williamson still has until May 29 to Withdraw

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Should He Withdraw

Yes, It will be better for his career
31%
No, New Orleans is the place to be
69%

Total votes: 398

hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Re: Zion Williamson still has until May 29 to Withdraw 

Post#241 » by hype_2004 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:17 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:
Antinomy wrote:If I’m him, I 100% will explore this option.

The Pelicans are almost guaranteed to ruin the first 5-7 years of his career. Sure he’ll have a guaranteed 2 year contract in the NBA if he were to get injured, but at some point you have to look at what’s happened right before eyes & be smart. Return to college next year to “grow” & sit out a ton of games if you have to.

He controls his destiny right now.

This concept is easy to understand, hard to comprehend for most people.

Not sure why everyone is up in arms, he has every right to control his life, he owes the Pelicans nothing.

He owes nobody nothing, not Silver, not the NBA owners or even the city of New Orleans. The draft is an old concept that needs to be restructured. Here you have a kid that can make money wherever he goes, Zion has a tremendous following online from around the world he can be a global superstar even if doesn't set one foot in the NBA. Will get exercise his free will to control his in destiny and would the NBA black ball him if he does.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#242 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:18 am

Jon1798 wrote:Amazing that a team can have Jrue Holiday, Anthony Davis and Zion Williamson.....in one of the greatest cities on the planet, home of widely considered the most rabid fan bases in the Saints and LSU. And yet they would even insinuate they didn’t want to be here.

Embrace the city and play hard, and this city will worship you.

Chris Paul really only played here four years due to Katrina devastating the area. And he was hurt for half of one of the four. Hornets/Pels were great when he played and he wanted out.

Pels were one game out of third in the brutal west, destroyed the 3rd place team, and took a game from the Warriors(for whatever that’s worth). And AD literally quit in the middle of the following season.

It’s funny if it wasn’t so sad.

That's the issue, after those two and football in general, no one remotely seems to care about the NBA at all, it seems to be a distant afterthought.

Compare that to the Knicks where its arguably the #1 team in the city.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#243 » by ItsThatEasy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 am

hype_2004 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
Antinomy wrote:If I’m him, I 100% will explore this option.

The Pelicans are almost guaranteed to ruin the first 5-7 years of his career. Sure he’ll have a guaranteed 2 year contract in the NBA if he were to get injured, but at some point you have to look at what’s happened right before eyes & be smart. Return to college next year to “grow” & sit out a ton of games if you have to.

He controls his destiny right now.

This concept is easy to understand, hard to comprehend for most people.

Not sure why everyone is up in arms, he has every right to control his life, he owes the Pelicans nothing.

He owes nobody nothing, not Silver, not the NBA owners or even the city of New Orleans. The draft is an old concept that needs to be restructured. Here you have a kid that can make money wherever he goes, Zion has a tremendous following online from around the world he can be a global superstar even if doesn't set one foot in the NBA. Will get exercise his free will to control his in destiny and would the NBA black ball him if he does.

Well said, see my previous post as well. The brands that stand to make money with him don't need to see him in an NBA jersey anymore to do so. He's essentially being looked at as a lifestyle athlete similar to how adidas views Kanye. His team is getting creative, and they're lining him up to be the first millennial star to really capitalize off it and change the landscape of this thing.
FelixD
Sophomore
And1: 328

Post#244 » by FelixD » Wed May 15, 2019 11:22 am

LMAO.Its not like Knicks and lakers are less dysfunctional than pelicans. In fact, they(NO) seem more competent than them.
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#245 » by Jon1798 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 am

Spens1 wrote:
Jon1798 wrote:Amazing that a team can have Jrue Holiday, Anthony Davis and Zion Williamson.....in one of the greatest cities on the planet, home of widely considered the most rabid fan bases in the Saints and LSU. And yet they would even insinuate they didn’t want to be here.

Embrace the city and play hard, and this city will worship you.

Chris Paul really only played here four years due to Katrina devastating the area. And he was hurt for half of one of the four. Hornets/Pels were great when he played and he wanted out.

Pels were one game out of third in the brutal west, destroyed the 3rd place team, and took a game from the Warriors(for whatever that’s worth). And AD literally quit in the middle of the following season.

It’s funny if it wasn’t so sad.

That's the issue, after those two and football in general, no one remotely seems to care about the NBA at all, it seems to be a distant afterthought.

Compare that to the Knicks where its arguably the #1 team in the city.

It’s because there has been no sustained success, and no player the fans can get behind. After Katrina, the area attached to Drew Brees and the Saints, while the Pelicans flirted with moving to OKC. This is a different area than just about any where in the country. If Zion comes out today and says, I can’t wait to get to NO and am so happy to be here. And then the Pels start competing, not for a championship, just actually competing. The fans will flock (pun intended). And they will be the loudest and proudest fans in the league.

I think there is a perfect storm brewing here. The fans aligned against AD and the Lakers, and everything going on with tampering and the media. They latched on to Jrue, a great player, and even better person. Family guy and all the things they went through. Now with Zion and probably a slew of good young players who are “our” guys, I think you will see a fan base that can be as crazy as any.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#246 » by Antinomy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am

FelixD wrote:LMAO.Its not like Knicks and lakers are less dysfunctional than pelicans. In fact, they(NO) seem more competent than them.

The Pelicans have had AD & CP3 for the past decade plus and only have one 50 win season to show for it. That franchise is the definition of incompetence.

Knicks get so much hate yet they haven’t had that kinda guy since Ewing. Most franchises have never had players like those guys & now NOLA get to ruin another one.
Hephaestus
Senior
And1: 793

Post#247 » by Hephaestus » Wed May 15, 2019 11:32 am

I'd rather live in NO than in Phoenix or Atlanta.
Antinomy
Head Coach

Post#248 » by Antinomy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:34 am

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:You can't make this up, they really gifted that new orleans city another #1 pick :lol:

they do everything imaginable to make this city relevant in basketball, constant all star games, #1 picks when the clear franchise guy is available at #1 and the team is still one of the most irrelevant ones in NBA. Amazingly bad job.

I’m tired of that franchise. Talent considered, they’re easily the most poorly run organization.
Knicks7Tape
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#249 » by Knicks7Tape » Wed May 15, 2019 11:39 am

The NBA always gives us juicy drama. Can't even imagine the frenzy and hot takes if Zion did that.
FelixD
Sophomore

Post#250 » by FelixD » Wed May 15, 2019 11:39 am

Antinomy wrote:
FelixD wrote:LMAO.Its not like Knicks and lakers are less dysfunctional than pelicans. In fact, they(NO) seem more competent than them.

The Pelicans have had AD & CP3 for the past decade plus and only have one 50 win season to show for it. That franchise is the definition of incompetence.

Knicks get so much hate yet they haven’t had that kinda guy since Ewing. Most franchises have never had players like those guys & now NOLA get to ruin another one.

Lakers gets 3 #2 picks, lebron in free agency and still sucks. Magic, Pelinka, Jason Kidd, Rambis,.... Los angeles has become a **** show lmao

Knicks has dolan as a owner... in fact only Sarver is worse than him, their front office is bad too, not player picked in lottery has resigned with them since a lot time.
cccmonteiro
Sophomore
And1: 222

Post#251 » by cccmonteiro » Wed May 15, 2019 11:46 am

Fake news. Or supposed news.
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#252 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Wed May 15, 2019 11:47 am

Antinomy wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:You can't make this up, they really gifted that new orleans city another #1 pick :lol:

they do everything imaginable to make this city relevant in basketball, constant all star games, #1 picks when the clear franchise guy is available at #1 and the team is still one of the most irrelevant ones in NBA. Amazingly bad job.

I’m tired of that franchise. Talent considered, they’re easily the most poorly run organization.

I am tired of them too, they don't deserve these players. And that constant New Orleans appearance in ASG is even worse, made me almost puke last time they hosted it. Bunch of struggle artists and the ambassador of pelicans AD not giving a F
Spens1
RealGM

Post#253 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:48 am

Hephaestus wrote:I'd rather live in NO than in Phoenix or Atlanta.

Atlanta is a much better situation to be in as an NBA player.

Much bigger market with a good core of players around him. I was rooting for Atlanta if it wasn't us to be honest. Him and Trae Young would have been a thing of beauty.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,311

Post#254 » by Froob » Wed May 15, 2019 11:49 am

I don't think he's in that bad of a spot, he may get to team up with possibly RJ, or Morant or some combination of Lonzo, Ingram, Ball, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Jrue Holiday.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Antinomy
Head Coach

Post#255 » by Antinomy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:53 am

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

I am tired of them too, they don't deserve these players. And that constant New Orleans appearance in ASG is even worse, made me almost puke last time they hosted it. Bunch of struggle artists and the ambassador of pelicans AD not giving a F

One 50 win season in the past two decades with two all-time greats passing through your franchise. It’s absurd.

It’s one thing to be like the Knicks who swing & miss on big free agents or put together middling teams for a long time. It’s another thing to legitimately have ATG talent on your roster & you STILL can’t do anything significant. Most franchises dream of getting guys like that.
Antinomy
Head Coach

Post#256 » by Antinomy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:59 am

FelixD wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

Lakers gets 3 #2 picks, lebron in free agency and still sucks. Magic, Pelinka, Jason Kidd, Rambis,.... Los angeles has become a **** show lmao

Knicks has dolan as a owner... in fact only Sarver is worse than him, their front office is bad too, not player picked in lottery has resigned with them since a lot time.

No doubt the Lakers have been bad. But didn’t mention anything about them.

What about teams like Charlotte or Atlanta? They deserve a shot too.

Pelicans have had 2 ATG players & nothing to show for it. Nothing.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#257 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Froob wrote:I don't think he's in that bad of a spot, he may get to team up with possibly RJ, or Morant or some combination of Lonzo, Ingram, Ball, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Jrue Holiday.

in a half empty smoothie king arena, in terms of money, it went massively down compared to what he would be earning if he went to a big market (even compared to a biggish market like an Atlanta or Mavericks if they kept the pick).
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#258 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Wed May 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Antinomy wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

One 50 win season in the past two decades with two all-time greats passing through your franchise. It’s absurd.

It’s one thing to be like the Knicks who swing & miss on big free agents or put together middling teams for a long time. It’s another thing to legitimately have ATG talent on your roster & you STILL can’t do anything significant. Most franchises dream of getting guys like that.

Yeah, pick a bucks example, when did they win draft lottery? 2005 and 1969? That's a huge gap, Kareem was obvious choice, but they missed on CP3 in 2005.

Meanwhile in the same decade New Orleans get the chance to draft a franchise player twice because of NBA having a problem at keeping the team in New Orleans :lol:

Hornets/Pelicans are indeed one of the worst franchises ever. Only one season where they looked like a contender, ending up in game 7 where CP3 let Jannero Pargo do the 4th quarter brickfest
Antinomy
Head Coach

Post#259 » by Antinomy » Wed May 15, 2019 12:15 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:
Antinomy wrote:
ShazamDaShiznt wrote:

Yeah, pick a bucks example, when did they win draft lottery? 2005 and 1969? That's a huge gap, Kareem was obvious choice, but they missed on CP3 in 2005.

Meanwhile in the same decade New Orleans get the chance to draft a franchise player twice because of NBA having a problem at keeping the team in New Orleans :lol:

Hornets/Pelicans are indeed one of the worst franchises ever. Only one season where they looked like a contender, ending up in game 7 where CP3 let Jannero Pargo do the 4th quarter brickfest

100% right. And that’s what I was trying to explain to that skones guy earlier in the thread. The franchise clearly has NO clue what the hell they’re doing. If you can’t win while you have a true superstar player, what else can you really do?

It took the Bucks 1 down season to build a title contender around a superstar. It took the Bulls 2 years with Rose. For 76ers, it’s been 2 years once they got Embiid/Simmons. Even the Clippers only needed Blake for 1 season before transforming from 30 years laughstocks to a contender. Just go down the list. How anyone could defend New Orleans is beyond me.
FelixD
Sophomore

Post#260 » by FelixD » Wed May 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Antinomy wrote:
FelixD wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

No doubt the Lakers have been bad. But didn’t mention anything about them.

What about teams like Charlotte or Atlanta? They deserve a shot too.

Pelicans have had 2 ATG players & nothing to show for it. Nothing.

i only say that new orleans is not the worst option, yeah i would love see him in atlanta or minnesota(never moved up, such a bad luck)they are certainly not the best and probably they dont deserve the pick but when you compare them to the suns(definetely the worst franchise rn) for example...its not that bad

ps. i dont think charlotte is that good destination, their salary cap is full of bad contracts. Atlanta is a good one, i admit

Return to The General Board