Zion Williamson still has until May 29 to Withdraw

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Should He Withdraw

Yes, It will be better for his career
31%
No, New Orleans is the place to be
69%

Total votes: 398

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: Zion Williamson still has until May 29 to Withdraw 

Post#301 » by skones » Wed May 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Antinomy wrote:
skones wrote:
Antinomy wrote:
Denver has always been competent. Milwaukee was always stuck in purgatory picking in the back half of the lottery besides “lucking into Jabari. Toronto is in a different country but they’ve been able to sustain competence for a over decade despite no top picks. GS has already turned that corner in the mid-2000 they were on the cusp.

Like dude, do you lack reading comprehension? I’m giving you a clear synopsis on their teams history & your arguing with me because of......?

LOL. All of this stuff is RIGHT in front of your face, easily verifiable, and you're just flat out ignoring it and accusing me of "reading comprehension?"

Denver averaged 25 wins a season for 8 years prior to acquiring Carmelo Anthony. Your perception of "competent" given their recent success, Exhibit A.

Milwaukee stuck in purgatory, much like New Orleans, now they're not. Exhibit B.

Toronto hasn't "sustained competence for over a decade." They've been a good solid team for 6 years. Prior to that for 7? Average wins per season 34. I suppose they should have been completely written off because they didn't get the job done with Bosh in town. Exhibit C.

Golden State was not "on the cusp" or "turning a corner in the mid 2000s. 94-12, The Warriors had ONE playoff appearance and that was the "We Believe" 42 win team. Average wins over that timespan? 29. Exhibit D.

New Orleans average wins since drafting Davis. 35.8, but they're incapable of a having a stroke of luck (ie. drafting Zion) and turning it around. k.

Denial of any of these examples because of recency bias is absolutely hilarious. You're not worth discussing with further.

I’m not bothering with you anymore. Your own post proves exactly what I’m saying about them. 35.8 wins per year is abysmal with an ATG on your roster. Not having a single 50 win season with AD on your roster is abysmal. Only having one 50 win season between CO3 & AD is abysmal.

Toronto managed to keep their head above water for years & had to appeal to international players because nobody would sign there.

Denver had prior success in their franchises history & once they got a “star” like Carmelo they’ve sustained their relevance for over 15 years even after they traded him. That is a clear sign of competency.

Warriors under Don Nelson were always a gimmicky team that played super small ball & outscore people. Once they nabbed a player like Curry, they haven’t looked back.

Milwaukee was in purgatory because they were never bad enough to pick high in the lottery & never good enough to win anything. As SOON as Giannis took off they became contenders. NOLA has had THAT kind of guy multiple times.

New Orleans HAD Chris Paul. Were still terrible. Had one 50 win year then fell off. Drafted AD & still hasn’t won 50 games. And now they’re coming full circle AGAIN for another ATG talent.

All of those other franchises were terrible or floating around til they got that ONE guy & now they’re sustaining success. New Orleans is on their THIRD guy & things still aren’t looking up. Some franchises haven’t even had their FIRST guy. That’s what I’m complaining about.

Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

:lol:

This isn't about what they did with AD, this is about what Griffin does moving forward.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#302 » by Antinomy » Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

skones wrote:
Antinomy wrote:
skones wrote:
LOL. All of this stuff is RIGHT in front of your face, easily verifiable, and you're just flat out ignoring it and accusing me of "reading comprehension?"

Denver averaged 25 wins a season for 8 years prior to acquiring Carmelo Anthony. Your perception of "competent" given their recent success, Exhibit A.

Milwaukee stuck in purgatory, much like New Orleans, now they're not. Exhibit B.

Toronto hasn't "sustained competence for over a decade." They've been a good solid team for 6 years. Prior to that for 7? Average wins per season 34. I suppose they should have been completely written off because they didn't get the job done with Bosh in town. Exhibit C.

Golden State was not "on the cusp" or "turning a corner in the mid 2000s. 94-12, The Warriors had ONE playoff appearance and that was the "We Believe" 42 win team. Average wins over that timespan? 29. Exhibit D.

New Orleans average wins since drafting Davis. 35.8, but they're incapable of a having a stroke of luck (ie. drafting Zion) and turning it around. k.

Denial of any of these examples because of recency bias is absolutely hilarious. You're not worth discussing with further.

I’m not bothering with you anymore. Your own post proves exactly what I’m saying about them. 35.8 wins per year is abysmal with an ATG on your roster. Not having a single 50 win season with AD on your roster is abysmal. Only having one 50 win season between CO3 & AD is abysmal.

Toronto managed to keep their head above water for years & had to appeal to international players because nobody would sign there.

Denver had prior success in their franchises history & once they got a “star” like Carmelo they’ve sustained their relevance for over 15 years even after they traded him. That is a clear sign of competency.

Warriors under Don Nelson were always a gimmicky team that played super small ball & outscore people. Once they nabbed a player like Curry, they haven’t looked back.

Milwaukee was in purgatory because they were never bad enough to pick high in the lottery & never good enough to win anything. As SOON as Giannis took off they became contenders. NOLA has had THAT kind of guy multiple times.

New Orleans HAD Chris Paul. Were still terrible. Had one 50 win year then fell off. Drafted AD & still hasn’t won 50 games. And now they’re coming full circle AGAIN for another ATG talent.

All of those other franchises were terrible or floating around til they got that ONE guy & now they’re sustaining success. New Orleans is on their THIRD guy & things still aren’t looking up. Some franchises haven’t even had their FIRST guy. That’s what I’m complaining about.

This isn't about what they did with AD, this is about what Griffin does moving forward.

Thank you for revealing yourself as a clown. Atleast on this topic.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#303 » by skones » Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Antinomy wrote:
skones wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

Thank you for revealing yourself as a clown. Atleast on this topic.

That's not what happened here. You're arguing that past results make future failure a foregone conclusion, crucifying a front office currently in place for the failures of a past front office. I've done enough to show exactly why that ISN'T the case.
Lowtech801
Senior
And1: 177

Post#304 » by Lowtech801 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 pm

asero wrote:He should be looking at the careers of AD and KAT.
Are they happy?
Maybe he feels like that karma for playing for Kentucky

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#305 » by BigShaq34 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 pm

yeah go ahead and withdraw zion then next year the pelicans will have the first pick again lol
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Post#306 » by mtcan » Wed May 15, 2019 10:36 pm

13th Man wrote:
DNice68 wrote:
13th Man wrote:Not going to happen lol. Poor Zion though.

Looks like RJ lucked out by being the odd man out. He has a good shot at playing for the Knicks, the team Zion was probably clamoring for.

You do realize the Knicks are hot garbage, and he actually almost laughed when somebody asked him "If he would like to play in New York".

Well....well....well....report from Marc Spears has it that he wanted to go to the NYK all along.

Zion can make that call when he becomes an unrestricted free agent...several years from now.

What is with players these days?
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#307 » by Wilber85 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:38 pm

I hope he withdraws . Dude would be hated !
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#308 » by Jordan45822 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Its dumb because whatever small market team can win the lottery next year too. (New Orleans, Charlotte, Minnesota, Memphis, etc).
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#309 » by Oscirus » Wed May 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Why would Zion forgoe all the money he'll make as a potential no.1 and risk injury when next year isn't guaranteed to go to a big market team either?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#310 » by Edrees » Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 pm

He's not going to do this. He'd sooner just leave after 3 yrs and not sign a rookie extension.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,594

Post#311 » by dc » Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm

Why would he withdrawal?

So he can do this all over in a year and watch Memphis or Cleveland get the #1 pick? It's not like withdrawing assures him of being on the Knicks or Lakers in 2020.

If he's not happy with how the lotto shook out, it's a fair chance he'll be similarly disappointed next year as well.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#312 » by The_Special_One » Wed May 15, 2019 10:52 pm

He's not doing this but he could set a precedent in 3 years by not signing an extension (well, lot of things change in a span of 3 years anyway)
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#313 » by Crives » Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 am

Watch Klutch sign him as agent to try to force AD to LA... lol
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#314 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 am

Wilber85 wrote:I hope he withdraws . Dude would be hated !

I hope he stays another year in Duke or forces a trade somewhere else to spite all the haters. Zion doesn’t owe the haters anything.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#315 » by LakersLegacy » Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 am

I don’t think anyone even Zion could get away with an Eli Manning. When he forced his way to New York.

I do think Nike would pay Zion at least $100,000,000.00 more of played for the Knicks. And Nike would make more $$$$ too.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#316 » by mtcan » Thu May 16, 2019 1:01 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:

I hope he stays another year in Duke or forces a trade somewhere else to spite all the haters. Zion doesn’t owe the haters anything.

Salty much? Knicks would have **** it up with Zion just like they did with Kristaps. Porzingis didn't even wait until his rookie contract was up to force his way out. Knicks are a trash organization.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#317 » by 510TWSS » Thu May 16, 2019 1:05 am

Lol did the Knicks start this rumor or just OP intuition?

Lmao this would never happen in reality
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#318 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu May 16, 2019 1:10 am

mtcan wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

Salty much? Knicks would have **** it up with Zion just like they did with Kristaps. Porzingis didn't even wait until his rookie contract was up to force his way out. Knicks are a trash organization.

And New Orleans would have been better? AD can’t wait to leave. So what’s your point ? New Orleans is not a better situation.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#319 » by mtcan » Thu May 16, 2019 1:16 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
mtcan wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

And New Orleans would have been better? AD can’t wait to leave. So what’s your point ? New Orleans is not a better situation.

New management...likely a more competent president running things in David Griffin...the Pelicans deserve the chance to try. And AD isn't out...not yet. It is still conceivable AD stays especially if Zion is as good as advertised.

But in NY...the fish rots from the head...and that's James Dolan. GMs may change and coaches may come and go but as long as Dolan is the owner...no number of chances is enough.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager

Post#320 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 am

mtcan wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
mtcan wrote:Salty much? Knicks would have **** it up with Zion just like they did with Kristaps. Porzingis didn't even wait until his rookie contract was up to force his way out. Knicks are a trash organization.

New management...likely a more competent president running things in David Griffin...the Pelicans deserve the chance to try. And AD isn't out...not yet. It is still conceivable AD stays especially if Zion is as good as advertised.

But in NY...the fish rots from the head...and that's James Dolan. GMs may change and coaches may come and go but as long as Dolan is the owner...no number of chances is enough.

Stop, AD is not staying. They couldn't build around CP3 - one of the greatest PG ever. They've been handed 2 excellent players the past 20 years and have 0 championships to show for it. ZERO!
The Knicks haven't had the chance to draft a CP3 and or AD talent since Patrick Ewing. But yet we have fans like you who think the Knicks don't deserve the chance to draft Zion? knowing it usually takes one player to change the fortunes of a franchise. You guys are something else, I swear.

Return to The General Board