Zion Williamson still has until May 29 to Withdraw

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Should He Withdraw

Yes, It will be better for his career
31%
No, New Orleans is the place to be
69%

Total votes: 398

mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,440

Re: Zion Williamson still has until May 29 to Withdraw 

Post#321 » by mtcan » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
mtcan wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
And New Orleans would have been better? AD can’t wait to leave. So what’s your point ? New Orleans is not a better situation.

New management...likely a more competent president running things in David Griffin...the Pelicans deserve the chance to try. And AD isn't out...not yet. It is still conceivable AD stays especially if Zion is as good as advertised.

But in NY...the fish rots from the head...and that's James Dolan. GMs may change and coaches may come and go but as long as Dolan is the owner...no number of chances is enough.

Stop, AD is not staying. They couldn't build around CP3 - one of the greatest PG ever. They've been handed 2 excellent players the past 20 years and have 0 championships to show for it. ZERO!
The Knicks haven't had the chance to draft a CP3 and or AD talent since Patrick Ewing. But yet we have fans like you who think the Knicks don't deserve the chance to draft Zion? knowing it usually takes one player to change the fortunes of a franchise. You guys are something else, I swear.

The lottery balls bounce the way they do...nothing anyone could do about it. It isn't about the Knicks not deserving a chance...but it isn't the reality. So why shouldn't the team who won the lottery get to draft him? Like I said...pure salty.

And you don't want me to name off all the failures of the Knicks franchise in the last 20 years alone...I might exceed the maximum character limit.

I believe the Hornets/Pelicans have made the playoffs more than the Knicks in the last 10 years...amiright? They have been doing something right in those years.
Angry Jimmy
Analyst
And1: 444

Post#322 » by Angry Jimmy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:45 am

He would be losing out on $7,000,000 in NBA salary that he will never recoup.

If he gets hurt, he could lose out on millions more.

Delete this nephew.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#323 » by nymets1 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 am

I can't believe this has reached the 17th page, He could withdraw but I would say 1% he would.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#324 » by Plutonashfan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:45 am

Why do people even post this nonsense? There's zero percent this happens. What happens if he blows out another shoe and his knee buckles an he tears his ACL? Or better yet he lands funny going for a rebound and blows out his achilles. Look at IT!!! Even if he did you better be damn sure the owners would make a rule that you ineligle to be in draft or signed as a free agent for two years after the fact. It's called the draft lottery for a reason, deal with it. Bunch of butthurt entitled Knicks/LA and NBA 2k teens on these boards now. Yall should be ashamed :nonono: .
The Champ is HERE!!!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,602

Post#325 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:45 am

I've heard some things from people I trust, im going to walk back what I've said earlier in this thread. There actually maybe something more to this than just the media pushing it.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,662

Post#326 » by Sign5 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 am

Hes not sacrificing another year of being a broke college kid. Hes an injury away from destroying a chance at being a solidified millionaire. He can razzle and dazzle ib NO for a few years then hit the market and go wherever.
LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Post#327 » by LeMasta » Thu May 16, 2019 2:54 am

You think he would be pass up milllions?
Plutonashfan
Analyst

Post#328 » by Plutonashfan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:55 am

Antinomy wrote:
FelixD wrote:
Antinomy wrote:
The Pelicans have had AD & CP3 for the past decade plus and only have one 50 win season to show for it. That franchise is the definition of incompetence.

Knicks get so much hate yet they haven’t had that kinda guy since Ewing. Most franchises have never had players like those guys & now NOLA get to ruin another one.

Lakers gets 3 #2 picks, lebron in free agency and still sucks. Magic, Pelinka, Jason Kidd, Rambis,.... Los angeles has become a **** show lmao

Knicks has dolan as a owner... in fact only Sarver is worse than him, their front office is bad too, not player picked in lottery has resigned with them since a lot time.

No doubt the Lakers have been bad. But didn’t mention anything about them.

What about teams like Charlotte or Atlanta? They deserve a shot too.

Pelicans have had 2 ATG players & nothing to show for it. Nothing.

We get it you hate the Pelicans and you think their fans deserves to lose the team and they need to relocate somewhere and ZIon needs to be NY. With that said you need to find a hobby or something as your hate is boaderline crazy on the subject :crazy: .
The Champ is HERE!!!
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#329 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:57 am

LakersLegacy wrote:I don’t think anyone even Zion could get away with an Eli Manning. When he forced his way to New York.

I do think Nike would pay Zion at least $100,000,000.00 more of played for the Knicks. And Nike would make more $$$$ too.

Why call it an Eli Manning, when your handle is LakersLegacy?

Calling it a Kobe would make more sense in this context, since it's the NBA, and he forced his way to the Lakers.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#330 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:57 am

Plutonashfan wrote:Why do people even post this nonsense? There's zero percent this happens. What happens if he blows out another shoe and his knee buckles an he tears his ACL or lands funny going or rebound and blows out his achilles. Look at IT!!! Even if he did you better be damn sure the owners would make a rule that you ineligle to be in draft or signed as a free agent for two years after the fact. It's called the draft lottery for a reason deal with it. Bunch of butthurt entitled Knicks/LA and NBA 2k teens on these boards now. Yall should be ashamed.

Just a sad level of entitlement from people concerned about the "well-being of the NBA."
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#331 » by hype_2004 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:03 am

"Chinese team offering Zion 30 million US tax free to play for one season" If that somehow happens should Zion take it?
Plutonashfan
Analyst

Post#332 » by Plutonashfan » Thu May 16, 2019 3:03 am

kingofthecourt67 wrote:
Plutonashfan wrote:Why do people even post this nonsense? There's zero percent this happens. What happens if he blows out another shoe and his knee buckles an he tears his ACL or lands funny going or rebound and blows out his achilles. Look at IT!!! Even if he did you better be damn sure the owners would make a rule that you ineligle to be in draft or signed as a free agent for two years after the fact. It's called the draft lottery for a reason deal with it. Bunch of butthurt entitled Knicks/LA and NBA 2k teens on these boards now. Yall should be ashamed.

Just a sad level of entitlement from people concerned about the "well-being of the NBA."

The weird thing these same idiots would bankrupt the league in 5 years easily. Whats the NY market 8 million? What about LA? I don't even want to waste the time to even look. But I sure as hell known there many more fans that could care less about big markets and a lot more that simply hate them. Why the bias media doesn't relalize this is outstanding. They losing millions chasing terrible basketball.
The Champ is HERE!!!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,602

Post#333 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:06 am

LeMasta wrote:You think he would be pass up milllions?

No but he has other options. I will just say that I heard from people I trust connected to Duke. They don't think he comes back to Duke, but there is more to this than just the media pushing this narrative.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#334 » by hype_2004 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 am

"Chinese team offering Zion 30 million US tax free to play for one season" If that somehow happens should Zion take it?
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,406

Post#335 » by Blazinaway » Thu May 16, 2019 3:11 am

what's crazy to me is that Pels could be good pretty fast with the haul they can get from AD and Jrue "if" they decide to trade him, frankly I'd keep Jrue to help the guys develop. At a minimum they could have Zion/Jrue and Tatum or someone similar and other decent picks/players. He's actually coming into a good situation and a team that if managed properly, and he is as good as advertised, could be competing in a relatively short time as those things go
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,406

Post#336 » by Blazinaway » Thu May 16, 2019 3:12 am

hype_2004 wrote:"Chinese team offering Zion 30 million US tax free to play for one season" If that somehow happens should Zion take it?

LOL a new trade war response, wonder how Trump would react? Cam you imagine? :lol:
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,220

Post#337 » by Red8911 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:05 am

Can Zion just tell the pelicans he doesn’t want to be there? Or is that not allowed? Actually surprised this hasn’t happened before.

Honestly though these guys should accept any NBA team that drafts them that’s the point of entering the draft.If he wants he can go play in Europe or China for a year then choose where he wants to sign next year without the draft.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#338 » by Sothron » Thu May 16, 2019 4:36 am

If you consider just how long he's going to be stuck with a franchise whose ownership clearly doesn't care about compared to their NFL team...is one year back at Duke really that bad? People have to remember just how long rookies are stuck on those first contracts with their original teams. Zion would still be the number one pick next year and could easily pick and choose how much he played next season to try and mitigate injury.

Frankly I think it would be in his best interest to go back to school and let the Pelicans pick someone else. He does not owe the Pelicans anything until he's actually been drafted to play for them.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#339 » by Sothron » Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 am

Red8911 wrote:Can Zion just tell the pelicans he doesn’t want to be there? Or is that not allowed? Actually surprised this hasn’t happened before.

Honestly though these guys should accept any NBA team that drafts them that’s the point of entering the draft.If he wants he can go play in Europe or China for a year then choose where he wants to sign next year without the draft.

It has happened several times before. Steve Francis told the Vancouver Grizz he would never play in Canada so of course they took him and had to trade him when they saw he was serious. Kobe told Charlotte he wouldn't play there so they had to trade him. There's been more but it isn't the normal way of how the draft works.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,261

Post#340 » by kodo » Thu May 16, 2019 4:53 am

Plutonashfan wrote:What happens if he blows out another shoe and his knee buckles an he tears his ACL? Or better yet he lands funny going for a rebound and blows out his achilles.

Financially for Zion, nothing.

Wes freaking Matthews and Chandler Parsons blew our their ACL and Achilles and both got max contracts.

GMs have spent #1 picks on Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Markelle Fultz...they’re all of a sudden going to pass on post knee surgery Zion? I’ll take post surgery Zion any time.

He’s not going to withdraw but it has nothing to do with financial fear.

Return to The General Board