If you're the Pelicans, who can offer better package for AD?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

What package does NO take over the others?

Knicks
28%
Lakers
31%
Celtics
42%

Total votes: 307

The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Re: If you're the Pelicans, who can offer better package for AD? 

Post#101 » by The Penguin » Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm

I think last night was a game changer in terms of an AD trade package. The Knicks and Lakers landing where they did neutralized any draft pick advantage between the two teams and I tend to believe Kyrie is leaving and with him the Celtics will pull out of the derby. The Lakers can now offer the best package if they put everything on the table and with Griffin taking over they aren't going to screw themselves just to spite the Lakers.
GatorbaitDD
Rookie
And1: 673

Post#102 » by GatorbaitDD » Wed May 15, 2019 12:14 pm

easily boston, but it's going to cost tatum and brown
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#103 » by Da ThRONe » Wed May 15, 2019 12:23 pm

It's always been the Knicks. They have guys under contract longer and the have the 3rd pick in a 3 player draft. Robinson is larger what you want in today's center can protect the rim and cover on the perimeter. Knox has a lot of potential to finally give us a dynamic wing player.

We can trade Holiday to the highest bidder for even more future assets.

Start Smith Jr, Barrett, Knox, Williamson, Robinson and be right back in the mix for a top pick next year with our pick, Mavs pick, and who ever pick we get for Holiday.
derblitzenator
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#104 » by derblitzenator » Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 pm

The Penguin wrote:I think last night was a game changer in terms of an AD trade package. The Knicks and Lakers landing where they did neutralized any draft pick advantage between the two teams and I tend to believe Kyrie is leaving and with him the Celtics will pull out of the derby. The Lakers can now offer the best package if they put everything on the table and with Griffin taking over they aren't going to screw themselves just to spite the Lakers.

There isn't a single sure thing in the Lakers package of assets. Ingram has a blood clot that could end his career early. The drop off from 2nd to 4th pick is so steep that there could be 10 different players under consideration for pick #4. Kuzma turns 24 this summer and doesn't offer much more upside. I don't know how much value there is in a 41.7 FT% shooter at PG in Lonzo Ball.

There's no way the Lakers get a top 5 player for that package, unless they are the only bidder. Even the Knicks can beat that offer.
JC28
Junior
And1: 79

Post#105 » by JC28 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 pm

The Penguin wrote:I think last night was a game changer in terms of an AD trade package. The Knicks and Lakers landing where they did neutralized any draft pick advantage between the two teams and I tend to believe Kyrie is leaving and with him the Celtics will pull out of the derby. The Lakers can now offer the best package if they put everything on the table and with Griffin taking over they aren't going to screw themselves just to spite the Lakers.

I still doubt that LAL is willing to throw in an absurd amount of draft picks to make it happen. The #4 pick helps but with this years draft NOP will need to love somebody outside of the top 3 to make it work w/out "4 first rounders". LAL's collection of young talent has taken a considerable hit since the trade deadline. Part of me thinks LAL is already looking at their future post LBJ and may not be willing to give up future assets to land AD.
Arteezy
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,424

Post#106 » by Arteezy » Wed May 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Pelicans can finally get Tatum , as Celtics fans said they need to add AD+ something

AD+Zion for Tatum and maybe Baynes is a fair deal.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#107 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 15, 2019 12:33 pm

This Celtics thing is stupid. The only player they have who’s even better than the #4 pick is Tatum and if they let him go, there’s no reason whatsoever for Davis to re-sign in the off-season. This is Lakers all the way.
derblitzenator
Sophomore

Post#108 » by derblitzenator » Wed May 15, 2019 12:44 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:This Celtics thing is stupid. The only player they have who’s even better than the #4 pick is Tatum and if they let him go, there’s no reason whatsoever for Davis to re-sign in the off-season. This is Lakers all the way.

The Celtics will only trade for AD if Kyrie commits to staying. I'm not so sure the Celtics would trade either Tatum or Brown for the #4 pick. The Memphis pick might be seen as more valuable than the #4 pick, since it's likely going to land in the top 10 of a much stronger draft.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#109 » by California Gold » Wed May 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Only Lakers fans would overvalue the #4 pick in a draft like this. After Zion and Morant, the talent value falls pretty steep.
iggymcfrack
RealGM

Post#110 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 15, 2019 12:48 pm

derblitzenator wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:This Celtics thing is stupid. The only player they have who’s even better than the #4 pick is Tatum and if they let him go, there’s no reason whatsoever for Davis to re-sign in the off-season. This is Lakers all the way.

The Celtics will only trade for AD if Kyrie commits to staying. I'm not so sure the Celtics would trade either Tatum or Brown for the #4 pick. The Memphis pick might be seen as more valuable than the #4 pick, since it's likely going to land in the top 10 of a much stronger draft.

I doubt the Celtics are even one of the 4 most likely destinations for Kyrie next season. He’s GONE. He burned that bridge like Daenerys burned King’s Landing.
derblitzenator
Sophomore

Post#111 » by derblitzenator » Wed May 15, 2019 12:54 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
derblitzenator wrote:

I doubt the Celtics are even one of the 4 most likely destinations for Kyrie next season. He’s GONE. He burned that bridge like Daenerys burned King’s Landing.

Kyrie can get $49 million more from the Celtics than any other team, so I don't think it's a done deal that he's leaving. If Ainge can get AD, Kyrie will listen to Boston's pitch.
iggymcfrack
RealGM

Post#112 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 15, 2019 12:58 pm

derblitzenator wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
derblitzenator wrote:

Kyrie can get $49 million more from the Celtics than any other team, so I don't think it's a done deal that he's leaving. If Ainge can get AD, Kyrie will listen to Boston's pitch.

I don’t even think they offer him that deal unless it gets AD to come, but yeah I guess theoretically, they’d be willing to re-sign that locker room poison if it gets AD inked long-term. They could always trade him later anyway.
iggymcfrack
RealGM

Post#113 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 15, 2019 1:01 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
derblitzenator wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:

I don’t even think they offer him that deal unless it gets AD to come, but yeah I guess theoretically, they’d be willing to re-sign that locker room poison if it gets AD inked long-term. They could always trade him later anyway.

I don’t know though, after a year of seeing Kyrie be a world-class dick, is AD even gonna wanna come back? Isn’t there a decent chance that a year of seeing that up close makes him want to leave even more even if he planned on re-signing? I don’t know if I make that gamble if I’m Danny Ainge. Especially giving up the future of the franchise in Tatum. Why not just build around your youth and picks?
derblitzenator
Sophomore

Post#114 » by derblitzenator » Wed May 15, 2019 1:03 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
derblitzenator wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:

The offer is on the table with or without AD, but Kyrie has let Ainge know that he's gone without a trade for a star player (AD). And yes I think Ainge would be willing to re-sign Kyrie until AD re-signs and then trade Kyrie. Ainge does whatever it takes.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#115 » by Snotbubbles » Wed May 15, 2019 1:09 pm

76ciology wrote:Ben Simmons

Intersting you say this. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Sign and trade Tobias Harris + Ben Simmons for Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday. Re-sign Butler and JJ Redick.

Jrue Holiday
JJ Redick
Jimmy Butler
Anthony Davis
Joel Embiid

Pretty tough lineup there.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,782

Post#116 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Question for Pels fans:

How does a Siakam-based package match up to some of the other ones being thrown out there?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#117 » by BramptonYute » Wed May 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Lakers have no chance.

Knicks could have the best offer, but that depends on how much the Pelicans value RJ.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,190

Post#118 » by kenwood3333 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 pm

BOS has the most asset but how much of that will they give up for one year rental of AD
Looking back the Lakers offer of 3 FRP + 2 young player offered before the trade deadline could turn out to be the best offer
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,936

Post#119 » by Effigy » Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 pm

HEAT33 wrote:I think the Knicks
I think they silly enough to be willing to take on Holidays contract while giving them Robinson

A core of Zion, Barrett, Robinson is a great young core with huge potential....

Sign 2 max contract the following year

If 2 of the 3 potential young players pan out, then they would be a good team IF they can land 2 great max players.

I think Barrett and Zion can be a great duo

Holliday isn't a negative. He's 28. They could send him over to a team that wants a PG like Denver, Utah, Phoenix, etc and get some assets. Like Holliday to Phoenix for the 6 pick. It feels like something could be built out of that.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#120 » by 76ciology » Wed May 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ben Simmons

Intersting you say this. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Sign and trade Tobias Harris + Ben Simmons for Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday. Re-sign Butler and JJ Redick.

Jrue Holiday
JJ Redick
Jimmy Butler
Anthony Davis
Joel Embiid

Pretty tough lineup there.

Done.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to The General Board