If you're the Pelicans, who can offer better package for AD?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

What package does NO take over the others?

Knicks
28%
Lakers
31%
Celtics
42%

Total votes: 307

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: If you're the Pelicans, who can offer better package for AD? 

Post#141 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:59 pm

This is all subjective and we are all going to have opinions and there are cases to be made for all 3 teams. The lakers got incredibly good fortune now having number 4 to add to a package so there’s no doubt that helps them.

The Knicks right there also and the Celtics are very much in play regardless of what some may say here. Celtics package obviously tied to kyrie but if they ever threw all the chips on the table so hypothetically this
Tatum
Brown
Smart
Memphis top 6 protected unprotected in 2021
That’s a haul

How is that not just as good as any package? I agree no deal without kyrie but let’s play hypotheticals and say kyrie is in play and ainge finally throws in the chips (not saying he should at all ) who beats that
brianmc
Senior
And1: 64

Post#142 » by brianmc » Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Celtics looks the best to me. I think Tatum is the best player out of all the players mentioned in various packages.. then the 3 #1s plus the Memphis pick. If you can't build a great roster around Zion, Tatum and Brown with all those picks, I don't know what to tell you.
brianmc
Senior
And1: 64

Post#143 » by brianmc » Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:This is all subjective and we are all going to have opinions and there are cases to be made for all 3 teams. The lakers got incredibly good fortune now having number 4 to add to a package so there’s no doubt that helps them.

The Knicks right there also and the Celtics are very much in play regardless of what some may say here. Celtics package obviously tied to kyrie but if they ever threw all the chips on the table so hypothetically this
Tatum
Brown
Smart
That’s a haul

Cowboys Hershel Walker like.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#144 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:02 pm

brianmc wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:This is all subjective and we are all going to have opinions and there are cases to be made for all 3 teams. The lakers got incredibly good fortune now having number 4 to add to a package so there’s no doubt that helps them.

Tatum
Brown
Smart
That’s a haul

Cowboys Hershel Walker like.

Haha it is and I agree it’s unlikely but if kyrie ever is in play....ainge won’t sit on his hand like he has done in the past- he has a crush on AD
TreyKincade
Junior
And1: 217

Post#145 » by TreyKincade » Wed May 15, 2019 3:35 pm

LKN wrote:Laker fans really wildly over-value their assets.

...and other fans under value them. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Boston only trades For AD if Kyrie stays.

Lakers package has players that at least show they can be good complimentary players next to Zion.

Knicks package is based on potential
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#146 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 pm

I think the Boston package is clearly the best, especially if it includes both Tatum and Brown. Throw in Smart, 14, 20 and the Memphis 2021 pick and your looking at a near unheard of haul.

NO can rebuild overnight basically. Sign Noah Vonleh to a 1+1TO MLE. Do absolutely everything possible to trade 14+20+? for Bol Bol, who would compliment Zion so, so well.

PG - Jrue Holiday / Marcus Smart
SG - Jaylen Brown / Marcus Smart
SF - Jayson Tatum / E'Twaun Moore
PF - Zion Williamson / Jayson Tatum
C - Noah Vonleh / Bol Bol / Jahlil Okafor

That's a Eastern playoff team next season IMO. The type of young, exciting, high energy team that Boston was in 2018.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#147 » by walk with me » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 pm

It’s literally pathetic how lakers and Lebron fans are running around the net and trying to build a fake case for how great Ingram and the lakers assets are

Lakers assets suck

Ingram is 1 blood clot away from retiring and even if he wants he doesn’t even have a true position and his contract will be up in a year. He’s like Wiggins basically except less lazy

Lonzo will float around most of his career also. I don’t mind him but he’s not more valuable than flexibility and draft picks

Kuzma is the most attractive piece out of the entire thing. This is a guy who fits in any system and has legit upside. I could see him starting on a championship roster.

Lebron fans need to cut it out... the lakers package isn’t anywhere close to what the knicks and Celtics could offer. If griffin takes a lakers deal it just means nobody else offers anything quality.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,162

Post#148 » by drekwins » Wed May 15, 2019 3:58 pm

walk with me wrote:It’s literally pathetic how lakers and Lebron fans are running around the net and trying to build a fake case for how great Ingram and the lakers assets are

Lakers assets suck

Ingram is 1 blood clot away from retiring and even if he wants he doesn’t even have a true position and his contract will be up in a year. He’s like Wiggins basically except less lazy

Lonzo will float around most of his career also. I don’t mind him but he’s not more valuable than flexibility and draft picks

Kuzma is the most attractive piece out of the entire thing. This is a guy who fits in any system and has legit upside. I could see him starting on a championship roster.

Lebron fans need to cut it out... the lakers package isn’t anywhere close to what the knicks and Celtics could offer. If griffin takes a lakers deal it just means nobody else offers anything quality.

Kuzma also made it very clear that he doesn't want to be in a small market. He's unlikely to sign long-term (once he's eligible) if he has offers from other major markets.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,776

Post#149 » by Rafael122 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:09 pm

If Ingram's medicals check out then the Lakers have the best offer.

After last night, that Memphis pick doesn't guarantee you anything. For one, it's top 6 protected. They will more than likely trade Conley and just let the bottom fall out and be bad enough that a top 6 is all but locked up. If the pick is unprotected in 2021, based off last night, the Hawks had the 5th best odds and dropped 3 spots.

The Lakers offer has the best combo of players and guaranteed picks.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#150 » by walk with me » Wed May 15, 2019 4:09 pm

drekwins wrote:
walk with me wrote:It’s literally pathetic how lakers and Lebron fans are running around the net and trying to build a fake case for how great Ingram and the lakers assets are

Lakers assets suck

Kuzma also made it very clear that he doesn't want to be in a small market. He's unlikely to sign long-term (once he's eligible) if he has offers from other major markets.

Wasn’t even aware of that... hurts the lakers package even more
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#151 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:13 pm

This was exactly why when everyone said how the pelicans would regret rejecting the lakers off before the deadline....this is why U wait....for the potential then of the Knicks Celtics and now the lakers pick being 4. AD to LAL prob gets them in the playoffs and a worse draft pick and then they would be the team dealing with Ingram’s health issues.
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#152 » by Shoe » Wed May 15, 2019 4:17 pm

drekwins wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
I agree. Especially watching these playoffs, I am of the belief that if they're getting Durant and Kyrie they will need high level role players rather than another superstar. Keep Robinson, and angle for guys like Danny Green and Harkless who can defend and hit the 3 via trade. Then, they can keep some of their young players as bench pieces and continue to round out their roster with exceptions.

AD will have diminishing returns next to two other ISO heavy players.

What about these playoffs has convinced you the Knicks would be better off without Anthony Davis? Kyrie looking totally lost without LeBron? Durant missing games with injury? I could easily see the Knicks losing to the Bucks, Raptors, Warriors, and Lakers with AD.

I couldn’t help but laugh when I read “and Lakers”. LA fans...

Lakers fans are delusional. Knicks fans are too if they think Kyrie, Durant and role players can stroll to a title. LeBron and AD can beat those Knicks.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#153 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 15, 2019 4:22 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I think the Boston package is clearly the best, especially if it includes both Tatum and Brown. Throw in Smart, 14, 20 and the Memphis 2021 pick and your looking at a near unheard of haul.

NO can rebuild overnight basically. Sign Noah Vonleh to a 1+1TO MLE. Do absolutely everything possible to trade 14+20+? for Bol Bol, who would compliment Zion so, so well.

PG - Jrue Holiday / Marcus Smart
SG - Jaylen Brown / Marcus Smart
SF - Jayson Tatum / E'Twaun Moore
PF - Zion Williamson / Jayson Tatum
C - Noah Vonleh / Bol Bol / Jahlil Okafor

That's a Eastern playoff team next season IMO. The type of young, exciting, high energy team that Boston was in 2018.

I agree but if Kyrie leaves I doubt the Celtics make the trade.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Shoe wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Shoe wrote:
What about these playoffs has convinced you the Knicks would be better off without Anthony Davis? Kyrie looking totally lost without LeBron? Durant missing games with injury? I could easily see the Knicks losing to the Bucks, Raptors, Warriors, and Lakers with AD.

Lakers fans are delusional. Knicks fans are too if they think Kyrie, Durant and role players can stroll to a title. LeBron and AD can beat those Knicks.

Who said stroll to a title? But if you can get Kyrie and Durant you’re in a much better situation then you are now or have been in 30 years. The alternative to not getting those two players isn’t pretty
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,555

Post#155 » by Capn'O » Wed May 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Shoe wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Shoe wrote:

Excuse me??? Who said anything about strolling or titles? The Knicks work BEGINS after Kyrie and KD sign. It's a really narrow window to becoming a contender from there and I happen to disagree that simply cashing in all your assets for one more star is the best route forward. Basketball is a 5 on 5 games with significant subs.

Feel free to disagree but be respectful and comprehend what's being said.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,827

Post#156 » by Karate Diop » Wed May 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Outside of Tatum the Celtics offer isn't that good... Nobody is clamoring for Jaylen Brown, they have no other prospects of note, and the Memphis pick isn't the golden ticket every one of the Celtics picks was supposed to be.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Karate Diop wrote:Outside of Tatum the Celtics offer isn't that good... Nobody is clamoring for Jaylen Brown, they have no other prospects of note, and the Memphis pick isn't the golden ticket every one of the Celtics picks was supposed to be.

Tatum still averaged 20 ppg in a ecf he regressed some but still is a very good prospect and Kyrie wasn’t the easiest to play with. Plus he had a great series against the Pacers. The Grizzlies pick is a very valuable asset and Brown is a nice player.

That’s a nice package. Sure it’s flawed but so is every other offer.

All the Lakers guys are question marks. I know this is a Knicks board so everyone loves the young guys but there’s huge question marks with our young guys. It’s not like there a sure thing there far from it.

Tatum has regressed some but he’s by far the most proven commmodity out of all the Lakers Knicks and Celtic assets
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#158 » by OdomFan » Wed May 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Anthony Davis for Lebron. Followed by the Lakers signing Leonard or Irving
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#159 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Wed May 15, 2019 4:41 pm

As of today, the Pelicans have a better "big three" than any of those teams.
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#160 » by Shoe » Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Shoe wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Excuse me??? Who said anything about strolling or titles? The Knicks work BEGINS after Kyrie and KD sign. It's a really narrow window to becoming a contender from there and I happen to disagree that simply cashing in all your assets for one more star is the best route forward. Basketball is a 5 on 5 games with significant subs.

Feel free to disagree but be respectful and comprehend what's being said.

I am respectful and I comprehend what's being said. If you watch the playoffs and come away thinking the Knicks don't need Anthony Davis, you are woefully wrong. The Sixers needed significant subs because Simmons, Butler, and Harris are not in the same stratosphere as Durant and Davis. Kyrie looked lost. You're playing with fire if Kawhi re-signs with the Raptors and Masai has a bunch of expirings to work with. You said it yourself that it's a narrow window. Knicks fans are just getting sentimental with their assets; it happens to every fanbase. Lakers fans are the most egregious though because Rich Paul would guarantee AD sign a 4 year extension. Absolutely would dump every single once of their young players to avoid another PG / Kawhi situation.

Return to The General Board