If you're the Pelicans, who can offer better package for AD?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

What package does NO take over the others?

Knicks
28%
Lakers
31%
Celtics
42%

Total votes: 307

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: If you're the Pelicans, who can offer better package for AD? 

Post#81 » by blueNorange » Wed May 15, 2019 6:42 am

i'm afraid knicks will trade mitchell robinson for davis.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,130

Post#82 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 15, 2019 6:42 am

HEAT33 wrote:Yeah if I’m pelicans I go trade with the Knicks

Draft Zion and Barrett and build around them

Take all young talent the picks and expirings from Knicks

Send AD and try send Holiday or get a 3rd team to take him

With all the young talent you hope 2 or 3 pan out to be good/great players and then you have cap space to sign maybe 1 or 2 stars the next season

Barrett's not good enough to build around and their young talent is mediocre outside of Mitch. Unless 2-3 future firsts are included in that deal I don't see why the Pelicans would entertain that.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#83 » by Tomjas » Wed May 15, 2019 6:59 am

Barrett has become seriously overrated in the last 24 hours
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,130

Post#84 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am

LKN wrote:I can't believe people think the Lakers package is the best.

Lonzo Ball can't stay healthy and he still can't shoot.
Ingram has blood clot issues.
These guys are also further along in their rookie deals.
#3 pick way more valuable than #4

I think their package is by far the worst.

I think I'd take a Knicks package if I were the NO GM unless they really like Tatum

1. True but it's not like he's going to be the centerpiece of the trade. Even with injury stuff and not being able to shoot, he's a fine complementary asset and at worst can be a high level backup PG. He's not any worse as a secondary piece than guys like Brown or Smith Jr.

2. By all reports after surgery Ingram will be ready for next season, so barring anything unforeseen he should be fine. And he's by far the best asset in any of these deals, like, don't really see how that's even debatable.

3. Ball, Kuzma and Hart are all from the 2017 draft. None of those guys are further along in their rookie deals than Tatum, Smith Jr. or Brown. And Ingram's only a year behind those guys.

4. Not really. This draft is pretty much a crapshoot after Zion, it's not a three man draft, it's a one man draft. If the Pelicans get ,say, Darius Garland instead of RJ Barrett I don't think they would be mad, particularly given Garland actually addresses a position of need.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#85 » by Sulico » Wed May 15, 2019 7:31 am

It's obviously Celtics out of those 3.

Lakers have nothing of value. It's so bad that if those "assets" they have wouldn't be on rookie contracts, Lakers would need to add draft picks to move them for expirings. Maybe Hart have some value in him, but you obviously not getting AD for Hart and 4th pick in 3 players draft.

Knicks have 3rd pick, and I could see a small chance NO wanting to pair Zion with his Duke buddy, but that's a stretch.

Celtics have enough assets obviously, but they have their own issues now, and I'm not even sure they go for AD or that AD commits to stay with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if some dark horse like LAC emerges and snatches AD, or even AD stays and ultimately decides his future next offseason.
Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Post#86 » by Tai » Wed May 15, 2019 8:16 am

Best2EverDoIt wrote:I don't see Boston trading for him period. Even if Kyrie were to stay, they arent going to give up Tatum, Brown and Smart for him let alone 3 first rounders to boot lol. I wouldn't even trade Tatum straight up for him honestly.

What the Celtics have to give up I would concede is in dispute, but don't kid yourself if Kyrie stays; Celtics will push hard for AD.

To be frank, I argue Lottery night was a plus for the Celtics; Knicks didn't get #1 pick and can't trade it for AD, the Celtics keep the Memphis pick to possibly trade for AD, and despite the Pelicans getting the #1 pick, AD still wants to be traded.

Not saying this assures AD's coming to Boston, or that even Kyrie stays, but some of the stars that had to align did so.
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
badass316
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,075

Post#87 » by badass316 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 am

I think the most valuable asset in pool are the #3 pick (Knicks) and Tatum (Bos).

It's true that the Lakers offer got better with the #4th pick, but aside from Kuz, and possibly a healthy Ingram it doesn't look too appealing. Ball is worthless, he's practically a bust and injury prone to boot.

If I were the Pels I'd go with the Boston door. Tatum, Brown, Smart, #14 Pick, Memphis 2020, Bos 2021, and Bos 2023. If they can get more future 1st's then they should take it and rake Boston for as much as humanly possible.
pac213up
General Manager
And1: 3,797

Post#88 » by pac213up » Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 am

Knicks are not really part of the conversation IMO. Celtics and Lakers can both make strong offers. Celtics have more parts to deal with but also think Ainge is going to offer only two of Smart, Brown, Tatum. Also not too impressed with the #4 pick in this years draft. I like the potential of the Memphis pick more as a GM on the rebuild. So Celtics have the better offer to make, just depends on how much Ainge wants to spend.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#89 » by robbie84 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:08 am

Funcrusher wrote:

I think I'd take a Knicks package if I were the NO GM unless they really like Tatum

1. True but it's not like he's going to be the centerpiece of the trade. Even with injury stuff and not being able to shoot, he's a fine complementary asset and at worst can be a high level backup PG. He's not any worse as a secondary piece than guys like Brown or Smith Jr.

2. By all reports after surgery Ingram will be ready for next season, so barring anything unforeseen he should be fine. And he's by far the best asset in any of these deals, like, don't really see how that's even debatable.

3. Ball, Kuzma and Hart are all from the 2017 draft. None of those guys are further along in their rookie deals than Tatum, Smith Jr. or Brown. And Ingram's only a year behind those guys.

4. Not really. This draft is pretty much a crapshoot after Zion, it's not a three man draft, it's a one man draft. If the Pelicans get ,say, Darius Garland instead of RJ Barrett I don't think they would be mad, particularly given Garland actually addresses a position of need.

Lonzo Ball is basically worthless at this point. Let's be real.
And the majority of replies here suggests that Tatum is the overwhelming most valuable asset. Ingram and Tatum were close, but Ingram's clots are a huge question mark moving forward ala Chris Bosh.
To suggest that Smith Jr and Brown have the same value as Lonzo Ball is the delusion of a true Lakers homer- you are completely off with that one man.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#90 » by evilpimp972 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 am

robbie84 wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:

Lonzo Ball is basically worthless at this point. Let's be real.
And the majority of replies here suggests that Tatum is the overwhelming most valuable asset. Ingram and Tatum were close, but Ingram's clots are a huge question mark moving forward ala Chris Bosh.
To suggest that Smith Jr and Brown have the same value as Lonzo Ball is the delusion of a true Lakers homer- you are completely off with that one man.

Yeah you're right. DSJ is the worst of the 3. No defense, no playmaking, just a chucker who doesn't provide anything else. DSJ shouldn't be in the discussion.
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#91 » by agentofatlas » Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 am

Boston. Not because I think Tatum and Brown are future superstars or something, I just think they slot in better with Zion in a line up. The picks are just a bonus to me.

Jrue-Brown-Tatum-Zion-Whoever looks good to me.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#92 » by Rockice_24 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 am

People need to stop posting NYK trades with their pick, Robinson, and the Mavs 2021 1st.

They cant do that because they either ruin their chance to sign 2 max guys if they for trade him now or wont be able to match salaries after they sign 2 guys.

The Knicks have to offer basically everyone they have under contract just to match salaries assuming they want to form a big 3. I heard they have to wait for August for some reason too but I can recall why. Everyone from Mitch, Trier, Knox, Frank, dsj all have to go just to match so let's stop posting trades that can never actually happen.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,135

Post#93 » by Froob » Wed May 15, 2019 10:16 am

Celtics, but I can’t see them offering that because Kyrie is leaving barring a big 180 soon..

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#94 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 am

Best package is Tatum and other assets

Close 2nd is Mitchell Robinson, 3rd pick, and other assets.

The Lakers don't even come close, in my opinion. It's a 3 player draft, and their young players are underwhelming
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#95 » by HEAT33 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:22 am

I think the Knicks
I think they silly enough to be willing to take on Holidays contract while giving them Robinson

A core of Zion, Barrett, Robinson is a great young core with huge potential....

Sign 2 max contract the following year

If 2 of the 3 potential young players pan out, then they would be a good team IF they can land 2 great max players.

I think Barrett and Zion can be a great duo
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
Carlos_Danger
Junior
And1: 623

Post#96 » by Carlos_Danger » Wed May 15, 2019 11:22 am

Boston. I think people are overreacting to their loss to the #1 seed in the east and entire league and Tatum and Brown not having a great series, along with the team as a whole.

I like not only Tatum, but also Brown, over every current NBA player the Knicks and Lakers could offer, as well as R.J. Barrett and whoever would go #4 in the draft.
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#97 » by crows2 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:29 am

You’d think that the Pelicans would demand the Lakers somehow turn pick 4 into RJ Barrett if they were going to accept their package.
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#98 » by ADMVP » Wed May 15, 2019 11:47 am

crows2 wrote:You’d think that the Pelicans would demand the Lakers somehow turn pick 4 into RJ Barrett if they were going to accept their package.
You mean Ja. We most likely aren't sending him to LA, we don't want Lonzo or Ingram. We don't want #4. If yall can flip Lonzo, BI, and #4 for #2, then you'd probably have a deal.
Knicks and Celtics have the better offers.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#99 » by Gooner » Wed May 15, 2019 11:48 am

I've been saying that he will go to the Lakers since LeBron signed there. Everything that happened in the lottery points to things going in that direction.
AmusingFiddle
Rookie
And1: 315

Post#100 » by AmusingFiddle » Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 pm

Knicks? Come on man Kevin Knox? Really guys enough already. On what planet is their package better. Future picks from Boston? Really? They are crap picks.

Lakers offer the best combination of talent and picks.

Celtics they have decent young talent and mediocre picks.

New York on decent pick and mediocre young talent.

There other teams like Denver that can trump a NY offer.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to The General Board