Are the Dubs going to beat the Bucks/Raptors?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Are the Dubs going to beat the Bucks/Raptors?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 253

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Are the Dubs going to beat the Bucks/Raptors? 

Post#101 » by Stillwater » Sat May 18, 2019 12:30 am

Nothing would surprise me I guess, but the Bucks top to bottom and to some degree most of the Raps starters are much better defenders than Portland and I think the series will be more like the Clippers and both Bucks and Raps have the offense to take it 7 and give them a decent shot at the upset.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,666

Post#102 » by ChuckChilly » Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 am

Dobber-16 wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:Yes. I still dont think any of the Eastern teams left have a chance if the Warriors are fully locked in.

If the Bucks are locked in they will beat the Warriors.

So what’s your point?

This is the first time Giannis has been out of the first round. To just assume the Bucks will beat the Warriors because they have "it" right now seems a bit naive. The Bucks do have a deeper team, but the Warriors still have the best talent collectively. With that said, the Warriors best beats the Bucks best. Thats my point.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#103 » by freethedevil » Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Bucks are currently on pace to having a top 5 all time playoff run. But the warriors won 73 games two years ago. I'm sure they'll be fine.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#104 » by Pachinko_ » Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm

There will be some interesting discussions if the Bucks make it through. I think the Bucks D has some very particular weaknesses that match really badly with the Dubs specific offensive strengths. And on the other hand the Dubs roster doesn't look very suitable to defend someone like Giannis. It almost feels like both those teams were simply not designed with eachother in mind, and will have to do stuff they're not used to doing if they're gonna play eachother in a 7 game series. It will be very interesting from a strategy perspective.

But lets get there first.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#105 » by freethedevil » Sat May 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:There will be some interesting discussions if the Bucks make it through. I think the Bucks D has some very particular weaknesses that match really badly with the Dubs specific offensive strengths.

Allowing three point shots? Yeah bucks solved that vs the celtics by switching everything.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#106 » by Pachinko_ » Sat May 18, 2019 3:16 pm

freethedevil wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:There will be some interesting discussions if the Bucks make it through. I think the Bucks D has some very particular weaknesses that match really badly with the Dubs specific offensive strengths.

Allowing three point shots? Yeah bucks solved that vs the celtics by switching everything.

Well sort of, we switched for a while particularly to defend the Horford/Kyrie P&R which torched us in game 1.
And regardless if we switch or not we always give something up, whether it's the 3 or the long 2 or a combination, which is where Golden State thrives. The first priority of the Bucks D is always to take away the paint, not the long shot so much, but the paint is not the Dubs' strong point anyway.
Regardless, there is no solving that thing, especially against GS. It'll be a game of numbers and tendencies.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#107 » by freethedevil » Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Regardless, there is no solving that thing, especially against GS. It'll be a game of numbers and tendencies.

You don't have to solve it. The warriors defence is nowhere near as good as the raptors and is going to fall to pieces. Unless they're planning on hitting 120 a game, i don't see how they're gonna win.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#108 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 18, 2019 3:26 pm

GS is just too tough. I think either Milwaukee or Toronto could get a couple wins and stretch it out to 7, but I think the firepower and finals experience will be too tough to take down.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to The General Board