Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend

Moderators: Prez, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy

Showdown
Rookie
Posts: 1,094
And1: 724
Joined: Feb 15, 2019

Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#1 » by Showdown » Wed May 15, 2019 11:09 am

Read on Twitter
Showdown
Rookie
Posts: 1,094
And1: 724
Joined: Feb 15, 2019

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#2 » by Showdown » Wed May 15, 2019 1:39 pm

.
User avatar
LukaMagic
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 475
Joined: Jul 05, 2010

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#3 » by LukaMagic » Wed May 15, 2019 1:44 pm

He really lost his marbles this time. He should be institutionalized. Long overdue.
User avatar
GusT15
Rookie
Posts: 1,102
And1: 2,484
Joined: Feb 17, 2019
   

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#4 » by GusT15 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Image
Percentsign
Senior
Posts: 539
And1: 525
Joined: Jun 01, 2014

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#5 » by Percentsign » Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm

I'm at work, so I can't play the sound. What is that video? Looks like a scene from a found-footage horror movie.
VCBC
Senior
Posts: 696
And1: 1,110
Joined: Apr 15, 2019

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#6 » by VCBC » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 pm

As a Knicks fan, tv SAS does not represent our fanbase, New Yorkers and anything remotely associated with the state of New York.

As for real life SAS, he's actually a normal, good dude.

You all are getting played and working to a T
User avatar
GusT15
Rookie
Posts: 1,102
And1: 2,484
Joined: Feb 17, 2019
   

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#7 » by GusT15 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Percentsign wrote:I'm at work, so I can't play the sound. What is that video? Looks like a scene from a found-footage horror movie.


It sounds like a horror movie as well.

A pretty bad horror movie where the girl that showed her b**bs 20 mins ago is crying and screaming at the sight of the killer before she gets killed.

In which case Screaming A. Smith is a girl that 20 mins ago took off her bra.
Crackerjack465
Senior
Posts: 685
And1: 596
Joined: Aug 07, 2009
     

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#8 » by Crackerjack465 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Can we trade him to New Orleans in the AD proposal? Knicks fans don't want him.
Bolivar
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 3,368
Joined: Aug 28, 2014
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#9 » by Bolivar » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Image
jamaalstar21
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,520
And1: 2,694
Joined: Jul 21, 2016
 

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#10 » by jamaalstar21 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:55 pm

usually, i only come onto a thread like this to chastise people who post SAS stuff, but this video is AMAZING!!!!!!
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
Posts: 7,049
And1: 4,876
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#11 » by NYKHardKnock » Wed May 15, 2019 2:04 pm

He’s in absolute crack. The Knicks are in an incredible spot. He forgets the Knicks were tied with 2 other teams for the first pick and could’ve easily fell to 5..

I don’t understand this guy
Gooner
Analyst
Posts: 3,490
And1: 3,339
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
 

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#12 » by Gooner » Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 pm

That man is a showman par excellence.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
Posts: 7,578
And1: 2,693
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#13 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:He’s in absolute crack. The Knicks are in an incredible spot. He forgets the Knicks were tied with 2 other teams for the first pick and could’ve easily fell to 5..

I don’t understand this guy


No, he's not on crack. Alot of Knicks fans feel that way. Knicks fans wanted Zion and that he was the prize of this draft.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
Posts: 7,049
And1: 4,876
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#14 » by NYKHardKnock » Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:He’s in absolute crack. The Knicks are in an incredible spot. He forgets the Knicks were tied with 2 other teams for the first pick and could’ve easily fell to 5..

I don’t understand this guy


No, he's not on crack. Alot of Knicks fans feel that way. Knicks fans wanted Zion and that he was the prize of this draft.
So did 14 other teams. Sorry bud it doesn’t work out that way. Be happy you aren’t selecting beyond 4. Were 1 of the 4 worst four teams that didn’t fall back.
Coeur
Analyst
Posts: 3,038
And1: 466
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#15 » by Coeur » Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm

That guy is such an idiot. He will prob be surprised when Kyrie and KD sign somewhere other than the Knicks.


I actually look forward to his speech after the knicks free agent class is jj reddick, fariq aminu, and Meyers leanord
GameOver25
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 3,843
Joined: Aug 27, 2009
Location: Off Season
     

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#16 » by GameOver25 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm

LOL, Screamin Stevein, that was hilarious...
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 30,667
And1: 18,971
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#17 » by E-Balla » Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Ok this is premium content.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
Posts: 7,578
And1: 2,693
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#18 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:He’s in absolute crack. The Knicks are in an incredible spot. He forgets the Knicks were tied with 2 other teams for the first pick and could’ve easily fell to 5..

I don’t understand this guy


No, he's not on crack. Alot of Knicks fans feel that way. Knicks fans wanted Zion and that he was the prize of this draft.
So did 14 other teams. Sorry bud it doesn’t work out that way. Be happy you aren’t selecting beyond 4. Were 1 of the 4 worst four teams that didn’t fall back.


No, you can't tell people how they should feel, when they've dealt with disappointment after disappointment. It's hard to sell RJ Barrett to a fan base that never had a player of the caliber of Zion. How about you be happy and let other's feel how they should feel. Today is not the day to be on your high horse.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
Posts: 7,578
And1: 2,693
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#19 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Coeur wrote:That guy is such an idiot. He will prob be surprised when Kyrie and KD sign somewhere other than the Knicks.


I actually look forward to his speech after the knicks free agent class is jj reddick, fariq aminu, and Meyers leanord


Scott Perry is not signing those dudes.
User avatar
SeniorWalker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,939
And1: 772
Joined: Jan 14, 2009
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#20 » by SeniorWalker » Wed May 15, 2019 2:18 pm

SAS is quite good at what he does.

I used to make fun of him all the time but soon I realized I was the idiot, not him. He knows what he is doing and who he is appealing to. That's why he makes the money he does. He's not for the analytics/stat crowd, or even the true basketball lifers who play and watch in detail..... and he doesnt pretend to be. Criticizing him for that is like criticizing a studio pop musician for not being able to play jazz. That's not his job.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."

Return to The General Board