Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend

Moderators: Prez, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy

Spens1
RealGM
Posts: 12,848
And1: 3,409
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
     

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#61 » by Spens1 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
they probably will and rightfully so.


Why? Unless you know for sure you're getting Kyrie it makes no sense.

I mean for us its great because we get our guy at 4 (well, if Magic is to be believed).


because garland is better


I really like Garland but if the Knicks took him over Morant that would be a big mistake.
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,261
And1: 1,726
Joined: Dec 30, 2018

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#62 » by CycklopsGT » Wed May 15, 2019 11:07 pm

From a sports commentator to a character from SAW.

...that's what you get for rooting for the Knicks.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
Posts: 7,577
And1: 2,693
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#63 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 15, 2019 11:08 pm

jpengland wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:He’s in absolute crack. The Knicks are in an incredible spot. He forgets the Knicks were tied with 2 other teams for the first pick and could’ve easily fell to 5..

I don’t understand this guy


No, he's not on crack. Alot of Knicks fans feel that way. Knicks fans wanted Zion and that he was the prize of this draft.



14% chance.

Landing 3 was a better than average result for NY


Of course 3 is better but it was Zion or bust. Zion is box office and this franchise needed somebody like him to rejuvenate the fanbase.
RJ Barrett and the other guys might be good but today is not the day to be insensitive towards Knicks fans. From missing out on Steph Curry in the draft to missing out on LBJ in FA to missing out on Zion in the draft. It feels like there's a proverbial black cat roaming around MSG.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
Posts: 7,577
And1: 2,693
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#64 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed May 15, 2019 11:08 pm

CycklopsGT wrote:From a sports commentator to a character from SAW.

...that's what you get for rooting for the Knicks.


And who do you root for?
User avatar
LKN
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 5,592
Joined: Jun 04, 2018
       

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#65 » by LKN » Wed May 15, 2019 11:10 pm

Aren't the Knicks way better off if they can sign superstars? Zion is still unproven. Even if they just got KD and traded for AD or something (and/or signed kemba/kyrie) that would be by far the best thing that they've had in forever... and way better off than having Zion
User avatar
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 12,246
And1: 15,318
Joined: Jul 29, 2014
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#66 » by Domejandro » Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 pm

LKN wrote:Aren't the Knicks way better off if they can sign superstars? Zion is still unproven. Even if they just got KD and traded for AD or something (and/or signed kemba/kyrie) that would be by far the best thing that they've had in forever... and way better off than having Zion

Except getting Zion was the metaphorical golden key to getting Anthony Davis. New Orleans getting Zion is literally the worst case scenario for New York.
Image Click his face if you like Democracy.
User avatar
LKN
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,649
And1: 5,592
Joined: Jun 04, 2018
       

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#67 » by LKN » Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Domejandro wrote:
LKN wrote:Aren't the Knicks way better off if they can sign superstars? Zion is still unproven. Even if they just got KD and traded for AD or something (and/or signed kemba/kyrie) that would be by far the best thing that they've had in forever... and way better off than having Zion

Except getting Zion was the metaphorical golden key to getting Anthony Davis. New Orleans getting Zion is literally the worst case scenario for New York.


I wouldn't say worse case.... Lakers getting Zion would be the worst case.

Pels getting Zion actually might help because they will now feel less pressure to try and get a centerpiece established player and might have interest in a more draft pick heavy deal (which the Knicks can offer)
User avatar
SalmonsSuperfan
Junior
Posts: 292
And1: 280
Joined: Feb 14, 2019
 

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#68 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Wed May 15, 2019 11:23 pm

LukaMagic wrote:He really lost his marbles this time. He should be institutionalized. Long overdue.

please. he IS the institution. this man is everything a sports "journalist" should be.
when i shoot my shot that **** wetty like i'm cheick [diallo]
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,261
And1: 1,726
Joined: Dec 30, 2018

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#69 » by CycklopsGT » Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:From a sports commentator to a character from SAW.

...that's what you get for rooting for the Knicks.


And who do you root for?

Switch to Brooklyn. You should've done that years ago.
camby23
Ballboy
Posts: 19
And1: 5
Joined: Feb 23, 2019

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#70 » by camby23 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Just 2 days ago:



How you can treat him seriously?
User avatar
Tron Carter
RealGM
Posts: 11,694
And1: 9,789
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#71 » by Tron Carter » Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 am

Spens1 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
Why? Unless you know for sure you're getting Kyrie it makes no sense.

I mean for us its great because we get our guy at 4 (well, if Magic is to be believed).


because garland is better


I really like Garland but if the Knicks took him over Morant that would be a big mistake.


I disagree. the modern nba point guard demands off dribble shooting and garland has that over morant in spades. I do not trust morant’s jump shot at the next level.

mute point thought because Memphis is taking morant.
Image
User avatar
Optms
RealGM
Posts: 13,986
And1: 5,026
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#72 » by Optms » Thu May 16, 2019 12:22 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:He’s in absolute crack. The Knicks are in an incredible spot. He forgets the Knicks were tied with 2 other teams for the first pick and could’ve easily fell to 5..

I don’t understand this guy


This sounds like you settled for mediocrity a long time ago TBH.
User avatar
Effigy
RealGM
Posts: 11,686
And1: 8,577
Joined: Nov 27, 2001
     

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#73 » by Effigy » Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 am

Crackerjack465 wrote:Can we trade him to New Orleans in the AD proposal? Knicks fans don't want him.


You’ll have to attach some draft picks.
LakersLegacy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,277
And1: 2,225
Joined: Apr 27, 2015
   

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#74 » by LakersLegacy » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 am

Showdown wrote:
Read on Twitter


At the end he went full LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!

The way his voice cracked. Sounded like mental illness.
60odbye Kobe
User avatar
Phreak50
Veteran
Posts: 2,727
And1: 3,915
Joined: Feb 01, 2014

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#75 » by Phreak50 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 am

jpengland
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,264
And1: 4,424
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
   

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#76 » by jpengland » Thu May 16, 2019 3:47 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
jpengland wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
No, he's not on crack. Alot of Knicks fans feel that way. Knicks fans wanted Zion and that he was the prize of this draft.



14% chance.

Landing 3 was a better than average result for NY


Of course 3 is better but it was Zion or bust. Zion is box office and this franchise needed somebody like him to rejuvenate the fanbase.
RJ Barrett and the other guys might be good but today is not the day to be insensitive towards Knicks fans. From missing out on Steph Curry in the draft to missing out on LBJ in FA to missing out on Zion in the draft. It feels like there's a proverbial black cat roaming around MSG.


But again, there should never have been even a remote expectation that you would get the number one pick.

There was never more than a 14% chance.
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 99,982
And1: 49,657
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Billy Crystals lap
 

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#77 » by Dupp » Thu May 16, 2019 4:42 am

He’s actually got mental issues
Neato wrote:I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for being a neato
User avatar
oldschooled
Starter
Posts: 2,470
And1: 2,193
Joined: Nov 17, 2012
 

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Hello darkness my old friend 

Post#78 » by oldschooled » Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 am

Stephen A Smith is an all time showman
Frank Dux wrote:
LeChosen One wrote:Doc is right. The Warriors shouldn't get any respect unless they repeat to be honest.


According to your logic, Tim Duncan doesn't deserve any respect.

Return to The General Board