Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series?

Moderators: Prez, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy

Who is the 3rd best player?

Kyle Lowry
34
13%
Khris Middleton
114
43%
Pascal Siakam
90
34%
Malcolm Brogdon
11
4%
Marc Gasol
6
2%
Eric Bledsoe
8
3%
Other
4
1%
 
Total votes: 267

User avatar
Steelo Green
RealGM
Posts: 11,900
And1: 20,537
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#21 » by Steelo Green » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
Reeko wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:think its easily Middleton over Siakam, did you see Siakam in game 7? He looked scared to play basketball and way in over his head. On the even bigger stage I don't trust Siakam. Middleton also does a pretty good job guarding Kawhi based on 1 game earlier this regular season.


He wasn't scared, he just had Embiid guarding him who has the size and surprisingly the quickness to guard him well.


Embiid was giving him space like he's a Ben Simmons type shooter and he refused to take jumpshots. Game 7 he wasn't even looking to score he just gave the ball to Kawhi and set him screens.

To be fair, everyone was awful on O in game 7. Game 7 is a different type of game.

Kobe shot 6/24 against the Celtics, which is terrible, but doesn't necessarily go against the history of game 7s. Everyone is on edge.

Middleton hasn't played a game 7 this season yet.

As of now it's Middleton, but not by much.

Going to be such a fun series.
User avatar
GeorgeMarcus
RealGM
Posts: 12,332
And1: 13,383
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
   

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#22 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm

It's amazing how little respect Lowry gets, even from portions of his own fanbase. The poll demonstrates how much people overrate scoring in their assessments.
"In my hood, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph

The Legend of George Marcus
HBK_Kliq_33
Analyst
Posts: 3,492
And1: 1,477
Joined: Jul 05, 2018

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#23 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
Reeko wrote:
He wasn't scared, he just had Embiid guarding him who has the size and surprisingly the quickness to guard him well.


Embiid was giving him space like he's a Ben Simmons type shooter and he refused to take jumpshots. Game 7 he wasn't even looking to score he just gave the ball to Kawhi and set him screens.

To be fair, everyone was awful on O in game 7. Game 7 is a different type of game.

Kobe shot 6/24 against the Celtics, which is terrible, but doesn't necessarily go against the history of game 7s. Everyone is on edge.

Middleton hasn't played a game 7 this season yet.

As of now it's Middleton, but not by much.

Going to be such a fun series.


Yeah but Siakam has been bad 3 out of the last 4 games, I don't know if it's because his injury or what. 13 out of 40 shooting in those three games.
HBK_Kliq_33
Analyst
Posts: 3,492
And1: 1,477
Joined: Jul 05, 2018

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#24 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:It's amazing how little respect Lowry gets, even from portions of his own fanbase. The poll demonstrates how much people overrate scoring in their assessments.


If you're going to shoot 28% from three, the least you can do is increase your APG from reg season but that's dropped as well. Lowry's turned into a poor man's Rondo pretty much.
spicy6
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,853
And1: 1,730
Joined: Apr 21, 2017
 

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#25 » by spicy6 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 pm

I picked siakam but its debatable between he and middleton. Lowry is hard to watch these days as he usually is in the playoffs anyway. If kawhi ends up staying they need to get some other star to pair up with him, preferably a better PG.
User avatar
Steelo Green
RealGM
Posts: 11,900
And1: 20,537
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#26 » by Steelo Green » Wed May 15, 2019 6:38 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
Embiid was giving him space like he's a Ben Simmons type shooter and he refused to take jumpshots. Game 7 he wasn't even looking to score he just gave the ball to Kawhi and set him screens.

To be fair, everyone was awful on O in game 7. Game 7 is a different type of game.

Kobe shot 6/24 against the Celtics, which is terrible, but doesn't necessarily go against the history of game 7s. Everyone is on edge.

Middleton hasn't played a game 7 this season yet.

As of now it's Middleton, but not by much.

Going to be such a fun series.


Yeah but Siakam has been bad 3 out of the last 4 games, I don't know if it's because his injury or what. 13 out of 40 shooting in those three games.


Yeah, he got hurt in game 3, calf injury and hasn't been 100% since. Hopefully the three days off can get his legs back under him. still ended up with 20 in 5/7 games, but game 4, he was really poor, which is the first game after injury.
Rust_Cohle
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,438
And1: 1,680
Joined: Mar 03, 2014
   

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#27 » by Rust_Cohle » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Middleton for sure, Siakim hasn't been the same since his injury to his calf.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
Posts: 2,693
And1: 1,862
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
     

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#28 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed May 15, 2019 6:42 pm

Giannis/Kawhi

Middleton
Siakam


Bledsoe/Lowry
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
User avatar
GeorgeMarcus
RealGM
Posts: 12,332
And1: 13,383
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
   

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#29 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed May 15, 2019 7:00 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:It's amazing how little respect Lowry gets, even from portions of his own fanbase. The poll demonstrates how much people overrate scoring in their assessments.


If you're going to shoot 28% from three, the least you can do is increase your APG from reg season but that's dropped as well. Lowry's turned into a poor man's Rondo pretty much.


+137 on the court in the playoffs, 2nd best of any player next to Embiid. His impact over the years has been consistently overlooked because of the weird fascination people have with box score metrics, particularly scoring.

Also a 3.1 assist/turnover ratio is really good.
"In my hood, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph

The Legend of George Marcus
User avatar
dacrusha
RealGM
Posts: 11,697
And1: 3,668
Joined: Dec 11, 2003
Location: Waiting for Jesse Ventura to show up...
       

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#30 » by dacrusha » Wed May 15, 2019 7:17 pm

I like Middleton, but he has similar impact on the game as Tobias Harris... and Raptors shut him down something ugly in the 2nd round.

Will be interesting to see what happens in this series.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
User avatar
Qhawe
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,510
And1: 1,270
Joined: Nov 19, 2009
Location: UP NORTH TRIP?
Contact:
     

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#31 » by Qhawe » Wed May 15, 2019 7:23 pm

dacrusha wrote:I like Middleton, but he has similar impact on the game as Tobias Harris... and Raptors shut him down something ugly in the 2nd round.

Will be interesting to see what happens in this series.


I would agree but Kris has some of the best defense out there.
Image

Boogie Williams: Favourite Raptor
User avatar
duppyy
RealGM
Posts: 14,605
And1: 7,992
Joined: Aug 04, 2004
Location: ???????, ??????
       

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#32 » by duppyy » Wed May 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Middleton right now. Though this can change after knee-jerk reactions to game one.
User avatar
SFour
RealGM
Posts: 22,070
And1: 34,960
Joined: Apr 07, 2012
   

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#33 » by SFour » Wed May 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Rust_Cohle wrote:Middleton for sure, Siakim hasn't been the same since his injury to his calf.


I don't think it's the calf that changed Siakam...I think it was game 5 or 6 where the Sixers adjusted and matched Embiid with Siakam, they dared him to shoot open 3s and midrange shots. Siakam was afraid to go at Embiid.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
Posts: 775
And1: 575
Joined: Sep 10, 2015
 

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#34 » by gpoon » Wed May 15, 2019 7:31 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:It's amazing how little respect Lowry gets, even from portions of his own fanbase. The poll demonstrates how much people overrate scoring in their assessments.


If you're going to shoot 28% from three, the least you can do is increase your APG from reg season but that's dropped as well. Lowry's turned into a poor man's Rondo pretty much.


+137 on the court in the playoffs, 2nd best of any player next to Embiid. His impact over the years has been consistently overlooked because of the weird fascination people have with box score metrics, particularly scoring.

Also a 3.1 assist/turnover ratio is really good.


he has also been one of the top for charges taken, loose balls recovered, and deflections per game these playoffs...
HBK_Kliq_33
Analyst
Posts: 3,492
And1: 1,477
Joined: Jul 05, 2018

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#35 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:32 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:It's amazing how little respect Lowry gets, even from portions of his own fanbase. The poll demonstrates how much people overrate scoring in their assessments.


If you're going to shoot 28% from three, the least you can do is increase your APG from reg season but that's dropped as well. Lowry's turned into a poor man's Rondo pretty much.


+137 on the court in the playoffs, 2nd best of any player next to Embiid. His impact over the years has been consistently overlooked because of the weird fascination people have with box score metrics, particularly scoring.

Also a 3.1 assist/turnover ratio is really good.


Hes just on the court with the best player in the world (kawhi) so his + is huge? Id like to see it without Kawhi. Its easy not to get turnovers when you rarely ever look to score and have a usage of 17%. He's a spot up shooter majority of the time or a rare drive to the basket.
6ix
Sophomore
Posts: 150
And1: 114
Joined: Mar 02, 2019
Location: Toronto

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#36 » by 6ix » Wed May 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Siakam or Middleton
gpoon
Pro Prospect
Posts: 775
And1: 575
Joined: Sep 10, 2015
 

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#37 » by gpoon » Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
If you're going to shoot 28% from three, the least you can do is increase your APG from reg season but that's dropped as well. Lowry's turned into a poor man's Rondo pretty much.


+137 on the court in the playoffs, 2nd best of any player next to Embiid. His impact over the years has been consistently overlooked because of the weird fascination people have with box score metrics, particularly scoring.

Also a 3.1 assist/turnover ratio is really good.


Hes just on the court with the best player in the world (kawhi) so his + is huge? Id like to see it without Kawhi. Its easy not to get turnovers when you rarely ever look to score and have a usage of 17%. He's a spot up shooter majority of the time or a rare drive to the basket.


if being on the court with kawhi is what makes his +/- so huge than in theory shouldn't kawhi have the highest +/- since he is always on the court with himself? but he doesn't...
HBK_Kliq_33
Analyst
Posts: 3,492
And1: 1,477
Joined: Jul 05, 2018

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#38 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:42 pm

SFour wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:Middleton for sure, Siakim hasn't been the same since his injury to his calf.


I don't think it's the calf that changed Siakam...I think it was game 5 or 6 where the Sixers adjusted and matched Embiid with Siakam, they dared him to shoot open 3s and midrange shots. Siakam was afraid to go at Embiid.


Siakam was embarrassed by embiid in game 3 and lost his confidence the rest of the series. A different series could change things for him but right now I take Middelton.
HBK_Kliq_33
Analyst
Posts: 3,492
And1: 1,477
Joined: Jul 05, 2018

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#39 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:45 pm

gpoon wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
+137 on the court in the playoffs, 2nd best of any player next to Embiid. His impact over the years has been consistently overlooked because of the weird fascination people have with box score metrics, particularly scoring.

Also a 3.1 assist/turnover ratio is really good.


Hes just on the court with the best player in the world (kawhi) so his + is huge? Id like to see it without Kawhi. Its easy not to get turnovers when you rarely ever look to score and have a usage of 17%. He's a spot up shooter majority of the time or a rare drive to the basket.


if being on the court with kawhi is what makes his +/- so huge than in theory shouldn't kawhi have the highest +/- since he is always on the court with himself? but he doesn't...


Different rotations of players playing with kawhi and Lowry are effecting it but I don't think its even a big gap?
Joshyjess
Pro Prospect
Posts: 829
And1: 1,227
Joined: Jun 20, 2018
         

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#40 » by Joshyjess » Wed May 15, 2019 7:48 pm

If Kris "Hawkeye" Middleton shows up then easily him. If he shoots against the Raptors the same way he usually does against the Celtics, good luck trying to stop him.

Return to The General Board