Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series?

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Prez, zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, PockyCandy, Dirk, Domejandro

Who is the 3rd best player?

Kyle Lowry
28
11%
Khris Middleton
111
44%
Pascal Siakam
88
35%
Malcolm Brogdon
11
4%
Marc Gasol
5
2%
Eric Bledsoe
8
3%
Other
4
2%
 
Total votes: 255

bb22
Rookie
Posts: 1,127
And1: 413
Joined: Oct 08, 2012

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#61 » by bb22 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 am

Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.
iggymcfrack
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,817
And1: 3,289
Joined: Sep 26, 2017

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#62 » by iggymcfrack » Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 am

bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.


Prior to this game, Raptors this postseason:

With Lowry on floor: +15.2
With Lowry on bench: -13.7

When his shot’s not falling, he’s still a monster. When it is falling, he’s as good as any point guard in the league.
User avatar
sca
Head Coach
Posts: 6,388
And1: 7,082
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Turkey
 

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#63 » by sca » Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 am

bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.

This couldn’t be further from the truth. The Raptors role players don’t have anyone to blame except for themselves, because Lowry has been creating great looks for them this whole play-offs.
bb22
Rookie
Posts: 1,127
And1: 413
Joined: Oct 08, 2012

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#64 » by bb22 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

iggymcfrack wrote:
bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.


Prior to this game, Raptors this postseason:

With Lowry on floor: +15.2
With Lowry on bench: -13.7

When his shot’s not falling, he’s still a monster. When it is falling, he’s as good as any point guard in the league.


Come on. Prior to this game, he was averaging 12 5 and 7 on 41% shooting (28% from 3). His shot is rarely ever falling. He is nowhere near the elite PGs in the game. Last night's 4th quarter performance reminded me of his solid games against the cavs, where he performed well once the raps started losing ground in the game, but still ended up losing.
Firespo
Ballboy
Posts: 15
And1: 22
Joined: Apr 12, 2019

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#65 » by Firespo » Thu May 16, 2019 7:06 am

He's not the 3rd best player in this series but brook Lopez reminded me just how good offensively he truly is.
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 40,675
And1: 24,907
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#66 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:09 am

bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.


The Raptors were the top 3pt shooting team in the league since Feburary with Lowry and Gasol getting everyone open looks. Lowry has resigned himself to a play-making role pretty much all year as he's lost his own shot.

The Raptors have the playmaking. They just don't necessarily have the shooting talent (they are incredibly streaky, as they've also had bottom-5 shooting months earlier in the year).
User avatar
Magic Is Magic
Ballboy
Posts: 17
And1: 2
Joined: Mar 05, 2019
     

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#67 » by Magic Is Magic » Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 am

It's very close between Middleton and Siakam obviously. (Sorry Lowry, defense matters). I go Siakam. He doesn't shoot the 3 as well but he is a slightly better rebounder and defender with double the steals and blocks while still scoring a couple more points per game.
GreatWhiteStiff
Head Coach
Posts: 7,217
And1: 5,477
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Location: #EmbraceTheTreadmill

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#68 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 am

bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.


Someone already posted plus minus data. Almost invariably toronto raptors perform better with lowry. Markedly so. You are wrong. Take whatever L you need with you and learn from this experience and be better. Good day.
Give Alabi the rock and let him beast!

Image

Stop comparing the combined posters of an internet message board to someone with a mental illness!
User avatar
Dante80
Senior
Posts: 729
And1: 809
Joined: Apr 18, 2017
Location: Athens :: Greece
   

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#69 » by Dante80 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:10 am

I think that it's Middleton over Siakam. Having said that, Siakam IS the MIP this year, and by the time he reaches Midds' age and/or experience he should be a far better player. He has ridiculous upside!
Image
User avatar
LBJKB24MJ23
General Manager
Posts: 7,873
And1: 7,432
Joined: Jan 22, 2014

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#70 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 am

i guess its Brook Lopez lmao
Reaction to trading for Marc Gasol
fedord wrote:Our already soft as charmin front court got even softer. Smh.

LMAO :crazy:
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 49,920
And1: 5,001
Joined: Jun 27, 2005

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#71 » by Ayt » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 am

Brogdon.
Tomjas
Pro Prospect
Posts: 992
And1: 638
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#72 » by Tomjas » Thu May 16, 2019 9:40 am

It’s Lowry

Guy is annoying af but a very good player

He blanked against the Sixers on the offensive end but contributed in other ways

Bucks don’t have a Butler or Simmons to contain him

Biggest problem for Raptors is Kawhi

He is worn down
User avatar
Mauro Pedrosa
Veteran
Posts: 2,554
And1: 3,097
Joined: Oct 15, 2016
Contact:
   

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#73 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 am

BroLo!
iggymcfrack
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,817
And1: 3,289
Joined: Sep 26, 2017

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#74 » by iggymcfrack » Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am

bb22 wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
bb22 wrote:Lowry is only in the conversation because he had his one great game of the series last night. As did Brook Lopez.
Lowry is greatly underperforming for an "all-star". The reason most of the Raps role players are not performing well is because no one is creating shots for them. Kawhi is probably the best 2-way player in the league, but is a poor playmaker for others. This is Lowry's primary role. He needs to do a much better job at involving the players that aren't capable of creating their own shot. But to be a solid playmaker in today's NBA, one has to be a threat offensively.


Prior to this game, Raptors this postseason:

With Lowry on floor: +15.2
With Lowry on bench: -13.7

When his shot’s not falling, he’s still a monster. When it is falling, he’s as good as any point guard in the league.


Come on. Prior to this game, he was averaging 12 5 and 7 on 41% shooting (28% from 3). His shot is rarely ever falling. He is nowhere near the elite PGs in the game. Last night's 4th quarter performance reminded me of his solid games against the cavs, where he performed well once the raps started losing ground in the game, but still ended up losing.


That’s the example of what I was talking about for “when his shot’s not falling”. He’d been shooting really poorly this playoffs, but he was still making the team better when he was on the floor.

For an example of when his shot is falling, you can take either tonight or the three biggest games of the season for Toronto last year when he averaged 22/3/8 on 63/50/86 shooting splits vs. Cleveland. It was one of the most efficient series I’ve ever seen in my life. If Derozan had gotten benched sooner, the Raptors totally could have taken the series.
knuckles862
Starter
Posts: 2,197
And1: 1,634
Joined: Oct 17, 2013

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#75 » by knuckles862 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:31 pm

dacrusha wrote:I like Middleton, but he has similar impact on the game as Tobias Harris... and Raptors shut him down something ugly in the 2nd round.

Will be interesting to see what happens in this series.


Eh I'm sure the sixers would trade Harris for Middleton in a heartbeat. Harris was shooting bricks from everywhere and he was open alot vs the raptors
TheProfessor
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,448
And1: 401
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#76 » by TheProfessor » Thu May 16, 2019 1:16 pm

For the season it has to be Bledsoe, if we are considering form coming into the Milwaukee series. Well then I guess it's Middleton. Dudes giving you 18/7/5 with a TS of 58% and 44% from 3. I would say Siakam but Siakam hasn't been able to hit an outside shot since he tripped Embiid. Plus Siakam does not have the respect of the Refs yet, dude get's hacked and gets no calls. Only time he gets calls is when he misses, saw it the whole PHI series and its starting now in the MIL series. I think next year he starts getting those calls but for this series I dont see it.
donkeylips
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,314
And1: 337
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#77 » by donkeylips » Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Middleton
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
User avatar
Clay Davis
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,335
And1: 1,428
Joined: Nov 06, 2013
 

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#78 » by Clay Davis » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Brook LOPEZ

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using RealGM mobile app
We talkin' 'bout money laundering? In WEST BALTIMORE?!
jirrit
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,909
And1: 2,902
Joined: Mar 01, 2011
Location: Belgium
Contact:
   

Re: Who is the 3rd best player in the Bucks-Raptors series? 

Post#79 » by jirrit » Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Middleton shot 1 for 6 from 3 yesterday. That means he's gonna go 15/20 the next three games.

Return to The General Board