ECF | P2: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | Bucks lead 2-0

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win the series?

Milwaukee in 4
16%
Milwaukee in 5
41%
Milwaukee in 6
21%
Milwaukee in 7
5%
Toronto in 5
1%
Toronto in 6
6%
Toronto in 7
10%

Total votes: 258

Rust_Cohle
Starter
And1: 2,226

Re: ECF | P2: (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors | MIL 1-0 

Post#81 » by Rust_Cohle » Thu May 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Bucks in 5.

Raps bench being some of the worst of this decade compared to their regular season output is astonishing. Philly had no business pushing that series to 7. Bucks will drop a game in Toronto but that's that.

Also doesn't help that the Raps have the worst coach remaining in the playoffs.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#82 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 3:06 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
everdiso wrote:
MelbourneBuck wrote:We won points in the paint, rebounding, fast break points, points off turnovers and got plenty of 3s. Basically what we've been doing all year except we were bricking our shots. Raptors defended well but didn't stop us from playing the game the way we wanted. If you think the only difference was Lopez you weren't watching close enough.

Its really not that hard to give the Raps credit. Not sure why you Bucks fans are so scared of facing reality.

Shots
Open/Wide Open: MIL 51, TOR 59
Tight/Very Tight: MIL 42, TOR 33

Raps simply generated better looks than the Bucks all game. One of the few times all year the Bucks have been held to under 40fg%. That just isn't a "typical bucks game".

The Raptors did very well. They deserve all the credit. Problem is the game lasted 48 minutes and the Raps couldn't keep up with the Bucks. Exactly the same problem the Celtics faced. But if you want to stay in denial it's fine with me.
Everdiso is a troll. He is a Sixers fan who is only here to bait Bucks fans by discounting and denegrating the Bucks any way he can. You are better off ignoring him.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#83 » by Vlade Divac » Thu May 16, 2019 3:07 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
everdiso wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
we came out flat from the layoff thru the first qtr and then just slowly reeled you in before stomping on your head. 19 point ass whupping over the last 3 qtrs.

were shook? I called this in 5 before the series and now im relaxed about it. :roll:

bucks didn't come out flat.

they started out with a bang - Giannis was one-man fast breaking right from the start, and the bucks had 2-3 blocks on the defensive end in the first few minutes.

our timing was off, our shots were off, our flow looked horrible. we may have been overhyped, flat, rusty whatever. point is once we settled in we were your daddy. it was a 19 point systematic ass whupping from there on out.

How old are you? Or maybe old enough but mentally still a child. Don’t embarrass other reasonable Bucks fans on this thread with your childish “mine is bigger than yours” logic and argumentation. Go to your board and trump your chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#84 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm

buckboy wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Significant maturation of Bucks fans in arena, I admit. Last time two years back when we played them they were chanting “U S A, U S A”.

How moronic is that - all Raptors players were Americans but their best is not! LOL

I was there. I was embarrassed.
Who cares what they chanted? You being embarrassed by it says a lot more about you then the chanters.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#85 » by everdiso » Thu May 16, 2019 3:20 pm

can't glean much from this but its interesting to look at.

5-man Units (min 2min)

TOR

Gasol/Siakam/Kawhi/Green/Lowry: 31min, +8.8nrtg
Ibaka/Siakam/Kawhi/Green/Lowry: 3min, -28.7nrtg
Gasol/Ibaka/Kawhi/Lowry/Fred: 3min, -103.6nrtg
Gasol/Ibaka/Siakam/Norm/Fred: 3min, +16.7nrtg
Ibaka/Siakam/Kawhi/Norm/Fred: 3min, -3.3nrtg
Gasol/Ibaka/Kawhi/Norm/Fred: 2min, +16.7nrtg
Ibaka/Siakam/Norm/Lowry/Fred: 2min, -160.0nrtg

Starting lineup was great, and Nurse tried all sorts of ways to mix in his reserves. The one thing that seemed to totally backfire on him was playing Kyle and Fred together, as the team got absolutely demolished any time they were on the court together. Nurse has to quit it with that super-small lineup, I think.

MIL

Lopez/Mirotic/Giannis/Khris/Bledsoe: 14min, -9.4nrtg
Lopez/Ilyasova/Connie/Brogdon/Hill: 6min, +37.4nrtg
Lopez/Giannis/Khris/Brogdon/Bledsoe: 4min, +107.3nrtg
Mirotic/Giannis/Brogdon/Bledsoe/Hill: 3min, +0.0nrtg
Lopez/Giannis/Khris/Brogdon/Hill: 2min, +115.0nrtg
Lopez/Giannis/Khris/Bledsoe/Hill: 2min, -40.0nrtg
Lopez/Mirotic/Khris/Brogdon/Hill: 2min, -10.0nrtg
Lopez/Ilyasova/Mirotic/Brogdon/Hill: 2min, -85.0nrtg
Giannis/Mirotic/Khris/Brogdon/Hill: 2min, +125.0nrtg
Giannis/Mirotic/Khris/Bledsoe/Hill: 2min, -10.0nrtg
Giannis/Ilyasova/Khris/Connie/Hill: 2min, -25.0nrtg

Bud has to stop with this starting lineup. That's not his starting lineup. Brogdon should be starting over Mirotic. Bud's just giving an unnecessary advantage to the raps by doing this.

but that makeshift 2nd most frequent lineup of Lopez/Ilya/Connie/Brogdon/Hill really gave them some important minutes.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#86 » by Matty » Thu May 16, 2019 3:21 pm

Percentsign wrote:Watching last night's Bucks vs Raptors game, I'm really starting to miss LeBron in the East. These 2 teams are boring.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings were poor.

We got a LeBron stan over here

If you don't like basketball just go subscribe to Uninterrupted you will find a whole lot of LeBron content over there.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#87 » by everdiso » Thu May 16, 2019 3:21 pm

rrayy wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:
everdiso wrote:Its really not that hard to give the Raps credit. Not sure why you Bucks fans are so scared of facing reality.

Shots
Open/Wide Open: MIL 51, TOR 59
Tight/Very Tight: MIL 42, TOR 33

Raps simply generated better looks than the Bucks all game. One of the few times all year the Bucks have been held to under 40fg%. That just isn't a "typical bucks game".

The Raptors did very well. They deserve all the credit. Problem is the game lasted 48 minutes and the Raps couldn't keep up with the Bucks. Exactly the same problem the Celtics faced. But if you want to stay in denial it's fine with me.
Everdiso is a troll. He is a Sixers fan who is only here to bait Bucks fans by discounting and denegrating the Bucks any way he can. You are better off ignoring him.

I am most definitely not a 6ers fan.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#88 » by DingleJerry » Thu May 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Though I do grant it's kind of tacky and due to the reputation of the US as kind of cocky or acting better than the rest of the world that it comes off poorly and I wouldn't do it. I also realize it's really no different than a WI person ripping on IL teams and things like that due to regional or state lines. "FIBs" and all that. It's really just something to bust balls or make a joke about and should be taken in good fun. Unless of course some idiot goes over the line heckling, which applies to every opponent fan not just ones from another country.

I saw a decent amount of Tor jerseys and didn't see anything bad towards them. I'm sure there's some bad stories like at all games, but for the most part everyone seemed to just be having a good time.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#89 » by LKN » Thu May 16, 2019 3:27 pm

everdiso wrote:can't glean much from this but its interesting to look at.

5-man Units (min 2min)

TOR

Starting lineup was great, and Nurse tried all sorts of ways to mix in his reserves. The one thing that seemed to totally backfire on him was playing Kyle and Fred together, as the team got absolutely demolished any time they were on the court together. Nurse has to quit it with that super-small lineup, I think.

MIL

Bud has to stop with this starting lineup. That's not his starting lineup. Brogdon should be starting over Mirotic. Bud's just giving an unnecessary advantage to the raps by doing this.

but that makeshift 2nd most frequent lineup of Lopez/Ilya/Connie/Brogdon/Hill really gave them some important minutes.

Interesting they didn't try a Giannis/Mirotic/Middleton/Brogdon/Bledsoe lineup at any point... that seems like a great potential "death lineup" for them...although that lineup with Hill instead of Bledsoe is pretty close.
Matty
General Manager

Post#90 » by Matty » Thu May 16, 2019 3:30 pm

We shot 37% from the field and still had these Bucks in a fetal position for majority of the game. When you count out that horrendous shot clock violation bucket they got in the 2nd quarter it's a 6 point game in which we gave it to them. Boston & Detroit would buckle down under that disappointment but the Raptors are veteran savvy team that knows it's gonna be a long series.

I had Raptors in 6 or Bucks in 7 if we couldn't close it at home, but after last nights result and seeing how shook Milwaukee was even though we played worse, I think we can steal a game 7 there. The crowd is not as intimidating as the to Wells Fargo center.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#91 » by DingleJerry » Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Spoiler:
everdiso wrote:can't glean much from this but its interesting to look at.

5-man Units (min 2min)

TOR

MIL

I agree on the MKE starting lineup. We've been beaten in pretty much every Q1 since the Boston series started. Brogdon looks fine, I think they should go back to that as the opening lineup.
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#92 » by MindState » Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Toronto has proven all playoffs that they live and die off Kawhi scoring 35+ points a game.

If he can score 35-40 they have a chance to win. If he scores anything less then 35 points, they have no chance.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#93 » by DingleJerry » Thu May 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Matty wrote:We shot 37% from the field and still had these Bucks in a fetal position for majority of the game. When you count out that horrendous shot clock violation bucket they got in the 2nd quarter it's a 6 point game in which we gave it to them. Boston & Detroit would buckle down under that disappointment but the Raptors are veteran savvy team that knows it's gonna be a long series.

I had Raptors in 6 or Bucks in 7 if we couldn't close it at home, but after last nights result and seeing how shook Milwaukee was even though we played worse, I think we can steal a game 7 there. The crowd is quiet compared to Wells Fargo center.

That's fine and all. But you realize MKE was shooting like 18% from the 3 for most of the game? I think they ended at 25ish %. So one can easily say this back. MKE shot horribly and way below any normal game, Lowry was absolutely on fire and played amazing. Tor shot a normalish 36% from 3. Yet MKE won and even covered the spread.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#94 » by buckboy » Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm

rrayy wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Significant maturation of Bucks fans in arena, I admit. Last time two years back when we played them they were chanting “U S A, U S A”.

How moronic is that - all Raptors players were Americans but their best is not! LOL

I was there. I was embarrassed.
Who cares what they chanted? You being embarrassed by it says a lot more about you then the chanters.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. It's idiotic. If you can't figure out why, I can't help you.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Post#95 » by Michael Jordan » Thu May 16, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm really impressed with Brook Lopez, he would have been a great C to pair with Lebron. Instead they went after McGee for some odd reason.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#96 » by LKN » Thu May 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Middleton was pretty much trash on offense.. but he played really good defense on Kawhi for the most part.
Matty
General Manager

Post#97 » by Matty » Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
Matty wrote:We shot 37% from the field and still had these Bucks in a fetal position for majority of the game. When you count out that horrendous shot clock violation bucket they got in the 2nd quarter it's a 6 point game in which we gave it to them. Boston & Detroit would buckle down under that disappointment but the Raptors are veteran savvy team that knows it's gonna be a long series.

I had Raptors in 6 or Bucks in 7 if we couldn't close it at home, but after last nights result and seeing how shook Milwaukee was even though we played worse, I think we can steal a game 7 there. The crowd is quiet compared to Wells Fargo center.

That's fine and all. But you realize MKE was shooting like 18% from the 3 for most of the game? I think they ended at 25ish %. So one can easily say this back. MKE shot horribly and way below any normal game, Lowry was absolutely on fire and played amazing. Tor shot a normalish 36% from 3. Yet MKE won and even covered the spread.

I would like to see the spread on contested vs uncontested 3s, but from the naked eye it appeared as though most of the shots you guys took was contested, which will be a common theme this series as we generally defend the perimeter very well.
JimmerAllStar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,743

Post#98 » by JimmerAllStar » Thu May 16, 2019 3:54 pm

It truly is 1 on 7 out there. It's Kawhi vs the Bucks roster.

The Bucks know this. So they're just going to maximize the pace until Kawhi gets tired going into the 4th. Case in point in the 3rd quarter: The Bucks were gassed, so Bud subs in 3 new players. Meanwhile, Nurse keeps Kawhi out there to finish off the quarter.

If Nurse doesn't trust his bench and other players besides Kawhi, this series is over.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#99 » by crkone » Thu May 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Matty wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

I would like to see the spread on contested vs uncontested 3s, but from the naked eye it appeared as though most of the shots you guys took was contested, which will be a common theme this series as we generally defend the perimeter very well.

crkone wrote:Bucks were 11 of 40 on wide open and open 3s, 27.5%. That probably won't happen again, that's about 8.4% off their season average. Raptors were 15 of 38, 39.5%. That could happen again, only about 1.3% higher than average.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,457

Post#100 » by Jaqua92 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:56 pm

I had Raptors in 6 or Bucks in 7 if we couldn't close it at home, but after last nights result and seeing how shook Milwaukee was even though we played worse, I think we can steal a game 7 there. The crowd is not as intimidating as the to Wells Fargo center.
Wow this is some serious reaching

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board