Commish for a day: Move around the teams to different cities.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Commish for a day: Move around the teams to different cities. 

Post#21 » by THE J0KER » Sat May 18, 2019 12:55 am

The Real Dalic wrote:All these people trying to move an Orlando team that's doing well financially? Okay.

Let's try moving all your favorite teams to different cities. Sound good?

The only team I would move is the Clippers, because it's really not fair that places like Seattle don't have one team, but LA has two.
LA is 5x bigger than several NBA cities, NY even 10x, so it is OK for such big cities and markets to have two teams.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#22 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sat May 18, 2019 1:17 am

Scott Hall wrote:Yeah I'd love to see the Clippers moved to Anaheim, San Diego, Las Vegas or even back home to Buffalo

New Orleans just doesn't seem like a good sports market or a place where a lot of people have a lot of money.
I think I've encountered less then 10 Pelican fans on the internet since they've come into existence.

New Orleans is Saints country. I’m not sure how they feel about the Pelicans, but they do show up for the Saints,
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#23 » by Scott Hall » Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 am

Mind_Odyssey wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Yeah I'd love to see the Clippers moved to Anaheim, San Diego, Las Vegas or even back home to Buffalo

New Orleans just doesn't seem like a good sports market or a place where a lot of people have a lot of money.
I think I've encountered less then 10 Pelican fans on the internet since they've come into existence.

New Orleans is Saints country. I’m not sure how they feel about the Pelicans, but they do show up for the Saints,

It's not hard to show up for 8 home games a year... The other big 3 sports takes way more dedication and money
SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#24 » by SouthJersey » Sat May 18, 2019 1:28 am

I would change the Pelicans name, not the city. What a boring name
JoeBarryCaroll
Junior
And1: 319

Post#25 » by JoeBarryCaroll » Sat May 18, 2019 1:31 am

amcoolio wrote:Raptors to Seattle/Western Conference
Timberwolves to Eastern Conference

You're going to move the Raptors out of Canada?? Holly crap man, you're gonna start a war with the North if you do that.

The Raptor fans support their team, they should definitely not be moved.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#26 » by Stillwater » Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 am

IDK but moving a franchise weak market or not is terrible for said city.
If it gets any worse for attendance in some of these small markets,
I could see maybe New Orleans heading to Vegas.
I think the Clippers should stay.
Memphis due to it's proximity to other nba teams isn't a great option to be moved even though it's not a huge centralized market.
A lot of their fans are from neighboring cities.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,729

Post#27 » by CycklopsGT » Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 am

The Brooklyn Nets are now the New York Nets.
The New Orleans Pelicans are now the New Orleans Cajuns.
The New York Knicks are now the Vancouver Knicks.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#28 » by donkeylips » Sat May 18, 2019 2:07 am

Raptors to Vancouver, lakers to Minnesota, thunder to Seattle, clippers to San Diego, knicks to New Jersey
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#29 » by LivingLegend » Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 am

Move the Cavs to Columbus. Its insanity that the state capitol which is the largest city in the state, centralized between CLE/CIN and has a top 15 population in the country was given the scraps on professional sports teams in the state with the NHL/MLS/NCAA.

I get that OSU football completely dominates the sports scene, but putting a NBA team with those fans in that city would be huge.

Cleveland is only big enough to support 2 pro teams, not 3 in reality. Move one of them down to Columbus and be done with it. Cleveland has a population of 385k and Columbus has a population of 890k that is projected to pass 1M in the next 5 years.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#30 » by NBAFan93 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:05 am

LivingLegend wrote:Move the Cavs to Columbus. Its insanity that the state capitol which is the largest city in the state, centralized between CLE/CIN and has a top 15 population in the country was given the scraps on professional sports teams in the state with the NHL/MLS/NCAA.

I get that OSU football completely dominates the sports scene, but putting a NBA team with those fans in that city would be huge.

Cleveland is only big enough to support 2 pro teams, not 3 in reality. Move one of them down to Columbus and be done with it. Cleveland has a population of 385k and Columbus has a population of 890k that is projected to pass 1M in a few more years.

My experience w/ frequent travel to both of these places for competitions and tournaments is that Cleveland “downtown” is like 20x the “downtown” of Columbus. Columbus is more like Ohio State surrounded by and ton of really large suburbs that are still technically “Columbus” but aren’t a city, w/ a few taller buildings and a convention center being called a downtown, when its barely that. Cleveland is actually a city w/ subways, buses, good and bad areas, “districts”, etc. And aren’t Columbus’ “pro” teams Ohio State - in both football and basketball?
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#31 » by Reeko » Sat May 18, 2019 3:09 am

Clippers to Edmonton
Nets to Montreal
Pelicans to Sarnia
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,276

Post#32 » by Black Jack » Sat May 18, 2019 3:21 am

Warriors back to Oakland where they belong.

Pelicans to SF which is infinitely richer.

Your favorite team to San Jose, which can easily support a team as well.

Clippers to Inglewood ASAP.

Wizards to Seattle, after forcing an ownership sale to Bezos.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#33 » by LivingLegend » Sat May 18, 2019 3:24 am

NBAFan93 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Move the Cavs to Columbus. Its insanity that the state capitol which is the largest city in the state, centralized between CLE/CIN and has a top 15 population in the country was given the scraps on professional sports teams in the state with the NHL/MLS/NCAA.

Cleveland is only big enough to support 2 pro teams, not 3 in reality. Move one of them down to Columbus and be done with it. Cleveland has a population of 385k and Columbus has a population of 890k that is projected to pass 1M in a few more years.

My experience w/ frequent travel to both of these places for competitions and tournaments is that Cleveland “downtown” is like 20x the “downtown” of Columbus. Columbus is more like Ohio State surrounded by and ton of really large suburbs that are still technically “Columbus” but aren’t a city, w/ a few taller buildings and a convention center being called a downtown, when its barely that. Cleveland is actually a city w/ subways, buses, good and bad areas, “districts”, etc. And aren’t Columbus’ “pro” teams Ohio State - in both football and basketball?

Columbus' downtown is larger than Cleveland. Its not a beast of a downtown area like major major cities, but its definitely larger than Cleveland (Ive lived in both). The biggest difference is the entire downtown area in Cbus is accessible. Cleveland has a downtown that only about 65% of it that gets used by the public when visiting because....well...the other portion is extremely sketchy.

Yes, Cbus is dominated by massive suburbs that surround the city. They both have 'boroughs' for every Tremont there is a Grandview and for every Ohio City there is a Upper Arlington. The difference is Grandview/UA are huge compared to Tremont/OC.

Plus with the amount of businesses that were founded/headquartered in Columbus like Wendys, White Castle, Bob Evans, BW3s, Express, Victorias Secret, Bath and Body Works, Abercrombie, Scottslawn, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Nationwide Insurance, ect the city is constantly growing at a extremely rapid pace and will expand further. Cleveland, not so much at the same rate.
Noctilux
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,236

Post#34 » by Noctilux » Sat May 18, 2019 3:28 am

Thunder (Sonics) back to Seattle, Pelicans to Havana, Cuba, Grizzlies to Vegas, and Clippers to Tupelo Mississippi.
ATLHoops97
Sophomore
And1: 310

Post#35 » by ATLHoops97 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:15 am

Move NO to Seattle and just get rid of Memphis and Charlotte.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#36 » by CS707 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:23 am

I don’t want the Clippers anywhere near my Raiders.

Return to The General Board