Zion/Mitchell/RJ - Would you build around that?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Re: Zion/Mitchell/RJ - Would you build around that? 

Post#61 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 pm

DaTRUTHk11 wrote:Zion & RJ have chemistry from Duke. Surround them with shooters including a big that can shoot 3's ala Brook Lopez. Never seen his Mitchell dude play but unless hes solid a decent percentage from 3 he needs to get the F**** of Zion/RJ's way.

Kevin Knox is absolutely useless on the Knicks with the addition of Barrett...so I could see him being shipped out for some vets someway or another

Knox/#3/Mitchell and whatever else the Pels want is going to the Pels, if NYK is serious about AD. This will be a serious bidding wars and there will be casualties regardless of which team gets Davis.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,652

Post#62 » by Duke4life831 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Would much rather build and Tatum/Brown and the potential of Robert Williams. Tatum and Brown bring two things I know I can count on, defense and two guys able to spread the floor with their shooting. RJ is a bad defender and that jumper has a long ways to go.

Also I know people went crazy over Mitchell Robinson's ability to block shots (rightfully so), Robert Williams actually blocked shots at an even crazier pace (6.8 vs 5.7 per 100). Robinson had a bigger sample size, but switch places and I'm sure Robinson would've struggled to get consistent minutes with Boston.
alebaba
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,386

Post#63 » by alebaba » Fri May 17, 2019 10:19 pm

Pelican fans really think they can keep Ad because of Zion, news flash, Ad want to win now. Hes not going to want to wait for Zion to become a franchise player.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#64 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 17, 2019 11:14 pm

alebaba wrote:Pelican fans really think they can keep Ad because of Zion, news flash, Ad want to win now. Hes not going to want to wait for Zion to become a franchise player.

Can you quote a single Pels fan on here that thinks we’re keeping AD, or are you arguing against an argument you just made up?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NoBias
Sixth Man
And1: 2,169

Post#65 » by NoBias » Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Don't like Zion and RJ for fit.

I prefer Zion and Garland.

Anyone who chooses Garland in the top 5 will regret it.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#66 » by nzahir » Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Jason Tatum alone is better than the entire Lakers package.

#3 pick alone is better than the entire Lakers package.

We can't use the Lakers to make a bidding war, because the #4 pick is the only valuable asset they have, and the other two teams don't need to use much of their assets to outbid that.

Delusion and hyperbole to the max

I think I’ll take Zach Lowe’s opinion over you guys, he thinks LA deal is best one unless Boston throws the kitchen sink

In what world is RJ Barrett better than the guy picked under him, plus BI, Kuz, Hart, Wagner, 1st or other packages? Barrett was awful in big moments at Duke, can’t shoot it at all. Going to be worse than BI alone

If it’s Tatum, all the top picks(all flopped), future Boston picks and smart, maybe better if u believe in tatum. Tatum looked pretty bad this year. Seemed like a poor mans Melo. Weak handle.

Don’t kid yourselves,

1a Bos if they throw it all
1b Lakers deals above

Knicks
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#67 » by BramptonYute » Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 am

agreed that RJ wouldnt be the best fit, but if NO wants that third overall, Barrett is probably the BPA
awkwardlycool
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#68 » by awkwardlycool » Sat May 18, 2019 12:23 am

Honestly could see the Pels just keeping AD if the Knicks are the best option among East coast teams. Besides Mitch Robinson, none of their players are actually good and if they get quality free agents then their future picks won't mean much either.

Kevin Knox, Frank Nilikina, and DSJ are NOT good. They're bad fits next to Zion and don't contribute to winning basketball. RJ seems like a bad fit as well if they did choose him because of his lack of shooting along with his tunnel vision.

Keep AD and see how the roster looks until the trade deadline.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#69 » by 510TWSS » Sat May 18, 2019 12:27 am

lol I don’t even think the Knicks could offer the best package.

If the Clips shopped SGA I’d take him + Shamet and a pick over the 4th pick and Mitchell.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#70 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat May 18, 2019 1:51 am

DaTRUTHk11 wrote:Zion & RJ have chemistry from Duke. Surround them with shooters including a big that can shoot 3's ala Brook Lopez. Never seen his Mitchell dude play but unless hes solid a decent percentage from 3 he needs to get the F**** of Zion/RJ's way.

Kevin Knox is absolutely useless on the Knicks with the addition of Barrett...so I could see him being shipped out for some vets someway or another

Here's 38 mins of dominance at the center position.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#71 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 18, 2019 1:54 am

nzahir wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Jason Tatum alone is better than the entire Lakers package.

#3 pick alone is better than the entire Lakers package.

We can't use the Lakers to make a bidding war, because the #4 pick is the only valuable asset they have, and the other two teams don't need to use much of their assets to outbid that.

Delusion and hyperbole to the max

I think I’ll take Zach Lowe’s opinion over you guys, he thinks LA deal is best one unless Boston throws the kitchen sink

In what world is RJ Barrett better than the guy picked under him, plus BI, Kuz, Hart, Wagner, 1st or other packages? Barrett was awful in big moments at Duke, can’t shoot it at all. Going to be worse than BI alone

If it’s Tatum, all the top picks(all flopped), future Boston picks and smart, maybe better if u believe in tatum. Tatum looked pretty bad this year. Seemed like a poor mans Melo. Weak handle.

Don’t kid yourselves,

1a Bos if they throw it all
1b Lakers deals above

Knicks

"Tatum looked pretty bad this year."

Maybe compared to his rookie year. But he still looks a lot better than Ingram, and has shown a lot more so far and doesn't have health issues and a looming new contract. Kuzma is the only one of those assets that moves the needle at all, and it's not enough to take the #4 pick in a 3 man draft. The rest of those names you put up there are inconsequential.

The Lakers are a distant third to everyone but the most homerish of Laker fans.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#72 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 am

510TWSS wrote:lol I don’t even think the Knicks could offer the best package.

If the Clips shopped SGA I’d take him + Shamet and a pick over the 4th pick and Mitchell.

Knicks have the 3rd pick. Lakers have the 4th but they don't have Mitchell. Plus NO wouldn't take that off package you suggested cause the have to deal with Davis and the super Clips 4 times a year. You just typing stuff now.

Buttah304
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#73 » by Leslie Forman » Sat May 18, 2019 2:06 am

A random garbage bucket/shotblocking center and low efficiency, high usage scorer.

Yeah that's really title-winning basketball, there.

They're a million times better off trying to change Davis's mind.
510TWSS
General Manager

Post#74 » by 510TWSS » Sat May 18, 2019 3:11 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:

Knicks have the 3rd pick. Lakers have the 4th but they don't have Mitchell. Plus NO wouldn't take that off package you suggested cause the have to deal with Davis and the super Clips 4 times a year. You just typing stuff now.

Not sure about that, stars get dealt within conferences it’s all about the best assets coming back.

CP3 ‘technically’ was traded 3x within the western conference. Harden was traded within the west. Pau was traded from Memphis to LA.

So what u wrote actually was you just typing stuff.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,382

Post#75 » by drekwins » Sat May 18, 2019 3:30 am

igorbianch wrote:
Context wrote:
igorbianch wrote:
Being realistic is very different than being salty.

Realistic? We have what Boston doesn't have- a team that AD wants to sign an extension with.. You want to talk "realism" I find it hard to believe that Ainge will give all of his assets away after losing Irving and not getting an extension from AD. Therefore, based on that
we are ahead. The lakers only have Kuzman and the 4 pick- we have tons more assets that do not include Mitch...Thats "reality" for you :-)

Ingram/#4/Lonzo/Kuzma is way better than Knox/Dennis Smith/Frank/#3.

I agree with Mitch but why wouldn't the Knicks give them both Dallas picks? Those are just extras.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#76 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat May 18, 2019 3:38 am

510TWSS wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

Not sure about that, stars get dealt within conferences it’s all about the best assets coming back.

CP3 ‘technically’ was traded 3x within the western conference. Harden was traded within the west. Pau was traded from Memphis to LA.

OK,I'll let you hold onto the notion that the Pels are going to let Anthony Davis and the Clips throttle them 4 times a year because they want SGA, Shamet amd Miami's 2021. But you know what never happened? The Knicks having the 4th pick in the 2019 draft, or the Lakers having Mitchell Robinson.

Buttah304
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#77 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2019 3:45 am

Although I have no delusions of Barrett becoming a superstar like his ridiculous hype suggested, I do find it equally amusing that people talk about him as if a 18 year old freshman that averaged almost 23ppg at Duke has reached his ceiling lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
510TWSS
General Manager

Post#78 » by 510TWSS » Sat May 18, 2019 4:08 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
510TWSS wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

OK,I'll let you hold onto the notion that the Pels are going to let Anthony Davis and the Clips throttle them 4 times a year because they want SGA, Shamet amd Miami's 2021. But you know what never happened? The Knicks having the 4th pick in the 2019 draft, or the Lakers having Mitchell Robinson.

Well, one thing is if they unload AD and get back young players and picks you’d think they’d trade Jrue for a haul too.

All their guys would be in the early 20’s or teens. Give them time to gel and learn the league. Clips are more built to win now so wins for the pels this season as opposed to future seasons isn’t as critical.

Again, my opinion is that the Knicks package is rather weak and could and should be beaten by teams with better assets
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#79 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat May 18, 2019 4:20 am

510TWSS wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
510TWSS wrote:

Well, one thing is if they unload AD and get back young players and picks you’d think they’d trade Jrue for a haul too.

All their guys would be in the early 20’s or teens. Give them time to gel and learn the league. Clips are more built to win now so wins for the pels this season as opposed to future seasons isn’t as critical.

Again, my opinion is that the Knicks package is rather weak and could and should be beaten by teams with better assets

The assumption is that the Knicks would be acquiring AD for youth and picks IF AND WHEN KD and Kyrie join, otherwise there would be no need for a deal, right? So everything you said from "guys going to the Pels would be in their early 20's" to "Built to win now" would apply just as much to the Knicks as the Clips, PLUS the Knicks have more picks to offer.

So...

how does your original quote square again?

Buttah304
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,668

Post#80 » by Heej » Sat May 18, 2019 4:32 am

You DO NOT want to see Zion and Mitchell on the same team on offense. Then on top of that you want to add Barrett to the mix so the lane is even more mucked up? Then let's add DSJ on top of that to make things even worse. That combo isn't built to support Zion as he grows into an MVP level player.

The Lakers sending over Garland, BI, Hart, and Kuzma legitimately gives them a whole ass starting lineup with decent spacing. Kuzma's shot was off the whole season but teams still played him like he was a shooter. And Garland is literally the perfect player to pair with Zion. His ability to shoot off the dribble and from DEEP basically affords Zion infinite 4 on 3s a la Draymond except he's gonna crush it every single time.

Hell, even a Celtics package looks better fit and spacing wise than the Knicks package. David Griffin would be a fool to take that imo
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord

Return to The General Board