Knicks big 3 vs GS big 3

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Re: Knicks big 3 vs GS big 3 

Post#41 » by Coeur » Sat May 18, 2019 2:55 am

infinite11285 wrote:Who’s on the rest of the roster with KD, AD, and KI? Is there any cap left?

Not that there is a chance they put these 3 together. But even if they did

Kyrie/________
______/______
Solomon Hill
KD/_______
AD_______
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#42 » by James40 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:57 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Is it just me or would the potential Knicks big 3 be way better than the warriors?

KD > Curry
Kyrie > KLay
AD > Dray

Knicks could be championship favorites next year. Just add a bunch of ring chasing vets.

Wat

Believe it or not, according to Vegas the Knicks are 15-1 favorites to win the NBA Championship next year, the Raptors are 30–1.

Someone there knows something.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#43 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat May 18, 2019 3:01 am

knicks512 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
knicks512 wrote:And assuming all goes perfectly, we don't have a Draymond Green. I still think we'd absolutely be in the conversation, but that's a big piece to be missing.

...you'd have an AD?

Just to clarify since apparently you couldn't glean this off my post:

Big 4 > Big 3

I do think our 3 would be better, but the 4th makes a big difference.

Sorry but who's the big 4 on the warriors assuming knicks snake the cupcake?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#44 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat May 18, 2019 3:01 am

James40 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Is it just me or would the potential Knicks big 3 be way better than the warriors?

KD > Curry
Kyrie > KLay
AD > Dray

Knicks could be championship favorites next year. Just add a bunch of ring chasing vets.

Wat

Believe it or not, according to Vegas the Knicks are 15-1 favorites to win the NBA Championship next year, the Raptors are 30–1.

Someone there knows something.

Knicks and raptors have approximately the same odds for this years championship IMHO.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,374

Post#45 » by drekwins » Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 am

dautjazz wrote:Could they even afford 3 players that will command north of 30M each? AD makes 27M next season, what is NY going to send to match salaries in a trade? They got under $30M on the books for next season (not counting Noah), and they don't have anything enticing enough to take on all the Knicks players to even up the salaries. Not to mention they probably wouldnt have the roster spots to accommodate a trade like this. What was the last major free agent to sign in NY? In the last 25 years it was Allan Houston and Amare Stoudemire (14 years apart). Maybe they get one or two free agents to sign, but the likelihood of this all happening is VERY low.

Yes they could.. from a cap persepctive, it works. But the order of the transactions makes a difference. If they trade for AD first, Kyrie and/or Durant would have to sacrifice 1-2 million off their deals. If they sign KD and Kyrie first, no sacrifice is required.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,986

Post#46 » by ITGM » Sat May 18, 2019 3:12 am

infinite11285 wrote:Who’s on the rest of the roster with KD, AD, and KI? Is there any cap left?

DeAndre Jordan (for the MLE),Trier, Dotson...
GregOden
Starter
And1: 2,499

Post#47 » by GregOden » Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 am

KD and Kyrie are both ball stoppers, is AD gonna play PG?
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#48 » by dautjazz » Sat May 18, 2019 3:29 am

ITGM wrote:

DeAndre Jordan (for the MLE),Trier, Dotson...
DJ just averaged 11/13, and he'll be 31 this upcoming season, I doubt he doesn't try to get one more pay day while he can.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#49 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat May 18, 2019 3:33 am

Threads like this will make Knicks fans have a major heartbreak, even worse than a sudden break-up, when none of these FAs/players are with the team. Zion is already out of the picture, who's next?

Jinx thread at its best :lol:
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,938

Post#50 » by Ice Trae » Sat May 18, 2019 3:35 am

Kyrie going to the Lakers tho
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#51 » by dautjazz » Sat May 18, 2019 3:45 am

drekwins wrote:
dautjazz wrote:Could they even afford 3 players that will command north of 30M each? AD makes 27M next season, what is NY going to send to match salaries in a trade? They got under $30M on the books for next season (not counting Noah), and they don't have anything enticing enough to take on all the Knicks players to even up the salaries. Not to mention they probably wouldnt have the roster spots to accommodate a trade like this. What was the last major free agent to sign in NY? In the last 25 years it was Allan Houston and Amare Stoudemire (14 years apart). Maybe they get one or two free agents to sign, but the likelihood of this all happening is VERY low.

Yes they could.. from a cap persepctive, it works. But the order of the transactions makes a difference. If they trade for AD first, Kyrie and/or Durant would have to sacrifice 1-2 million off their deals. If they sign KD and Kyrie first, no sacrifice is required.

The Pelicans turned down the entire Lakers roster (minus Lebron) for AD midway last season, I doubt they will doing the Knicks any favors. The Pelicans don't HAVE to make a trade, they can play it out and see if AD has a change of mine, and if Zion is the real deal from day one, then they could become a very good team real quick. The Pelicans were 30-36 through their first 66 games last year, that's with AD's injury and his trade request, if AD weren't on a minutes restriction and with Zion, they would be a 50-60 win team. That could be enough to change AD's mind, we've seen stranger things.

Now if the Pelicans go the route of trading AD, I'm positive there are better partners out there. There are obviously the Celtics rumors. They got a plethora of young talent and picks they can throw at the Pelicans. The Knicks don't have a package like Tatum, Brown, Smart, and two first round picks to offer.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,374

Post#52 » by drekwins » Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 am

dautjazz wrote:
drekwins wrote:

The Pelicans turned down the entire Lakers roster (minus Lebron) for AD midway last season, I doubt they will doing the Knicks any favors. The Pelicans don't HAVE to make a trade, they can play it out and see if AD has a change of mine, and if Zion is the real deal from day one, then they could become a very good team real quick. The Pelicans were 30-36 through their first 66 games last year, that's with AD's injury and his trade request, if AD weren't on a minutes restriction and with Zion, they would be a 50-60 win team. That could be enough to change AD's mind, we've seen stranger things.

Now if the Pelicans go the route of trading AD, I'm positive there are better partners out there. There are obviously the Celtics rumors. They got a plethora of young talent and picks they can throw at the Pelicans. The Knicks don't have a package like Tatum, Brown, Smart, and two first round picks to offer.

Two simple thoughts:

First, they don't have to do the Knicks any favors. There are a lot of holes in the LAL offer.. most notably, Ingram (extension, blood clots, 22 years old and it's very questionable how good he is). In addition, Lonzo and Kuzma both indicated that they do not want to play in that market. Barrett is the more attractive than anyone that the LAL have to offer, by far, and would potentially lead to NO having a better shot of retaining Zion for a second extension (which couldn't be done with CP3, Baron or AD).

Second, Boston is in a very different situation than before. Their guys are all alluding to massive issues within the locker room. Kyrie looks like he is 100% gone. AD has said that he wont resign with Boston. Ainge is stubborn but even he knows that without Kyrie, they don't have a shot of keeping him. Are they really going to let Tatum and Brown go without a commitment from Kyrie OR if he has already indicated that he's leaving? I just can't see it. They'd go from having the most assets in the league to none within 1 year.

It all comes down to the FACT that AD's agent stated that he'd sign an extension with NY, LAL, LAC and MIL. That gives those 4 teams no reservations in trading for him. Anyone else not on that list has to proceed with caution and are unlikely to commit as much as LAL or NY. The Knicks have a lot to offer. If you don't like all of the young guys, keep in mind that they could add as many as 5 1st round picks to the deal... they have 2 extra first rounders from Dallas.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#53 » by freethedevil » Sat May 18, 2019 4:25 am

yeah i don't know how spending all your cap space on three guys who can't run an offence is going to work out
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#54 » by NY 567 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:28 am

No one is coming here. Our fanbase is going to be very shocked and sad when we get Terry Rozier and Brook Lopez

Return to The General Board