WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|WARRIORS WIN 4-0

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who wins the series?

Warriors in 4
57%
Warriors in 5
27%
Warriors in 6
8%
Warriors in 7
1%
Blazers in 7
5%
Blazers in 6
2%

Total votes: 117

DaTRUTHk11
Sophomore
And1: 119

Re: WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|Warriors lead 3-0 

Post#1801 » by DaTRUTHk11 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 am

lol blazers are pathetic. Worst team ever to make a Conference Finals. Hope to never see this s*** team ever again. McCollum and especially Lillard were absolutely trash down the stretch. Both are undersized combo guards that will never be part of championship winning team. This was a game where GSW had three starters down with Iguadola one of the teams best defenders out and Klay Thompson shot like s**t.

Nurkic isn't coming back to playing professional basketball in the US so time to TEAR it down. If you get lucky McCollum may be able to get you a late 1st round pick and maybe Lillard can get you a 2nd rounder though at this point its doubtful. LOL at the fake rib injury...giving up before the game.
Vladimir777
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,121

Re: WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|Warriors lead 3-0 

Post#1802 » by Vladimir777 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 am

youngthegiant wrote:Steph seriously named his son Canon....

Are you actually serious?

Like, the literary canon? Does he know what that word means?
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,251

Post#1803 » by Mk0 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 am

Myth wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:Portland went farther than pundits thought they would, especially without Nurk. It stings, but there are positives to take into next season.

Congrats to the Warriors, they were down in manpower and points and kept finding ways to win. They went right back into next-man-up and played their game with the good habits long set in. As maligned as the Blazers are, they fought and earned their way to get to the WCF, and the Warriors fought to win it.

Yeah, plenty of pros to take from this for Portland.
- Weren't expected to get out of the 1st round, made WCF
- Beat Nuggets which had Jokic while Blazers had no defensive Cs to throw at him
- Meyers Leonard may have made it easier to trade his salary
- Aminu was disappointing, which isn't overall good, but hopefully this means Portland doesn't make many moves to retain him. I'm fine retaining him cheap, but he just cancelled any raise he earned throughout the year
- Mo Harkless was good in the 1st round. He floundered a bit after that, but like Leonard, he may have slightly increased trade value
- CJ proved he is is worth his contract
- Kanter looked like he was earning a raise, but ultimately was problematic once we got to the Warriors. Makes me hope that Portland can retain him cheap, but makes it clear that we shouldn't overpay him, which Portland was likely ready to do after the first 2 rounds.
- Blazers showed they have enough in them to get decent leads 3 games in a row vs Warriors. Getting leads is half the battle. Now they just need to learn to hold them.

Great post. This is exactly the way to look at the situation.

People are crapping all over Portland right now and it isn't fair. Stotts deserves some criticism, but all in all these guys had a very good post season and it told you a lot about a group who people wanted to split up a year ago.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#1804 » by woosah » Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 am

I need Yanni and crew to stop playing around with Barney and take control of this thing tomorrow. Give me the finals i want dagnabit!!!!
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Vladimir777
Bench Warmer

Post#1805 » by Vladimir777 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

Ice Trae wrote:Crazy how quick these gif memes come out :lol:

Right?! People are crazy in this world.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,251

Post#1806 » by Mk0 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

Vladimir777 wrote:

My neice Nikon and nephew Fujifilm wish they were lucky enough to be named Canon
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Heat4lyf
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#1807 » by Heat4lyf » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

the warriors can play better without KD but their ceiling is not better without KD, but it appears like that for a few reasons

1. they play a better brand of basketball- ball movement, more opportunities for other players
2. with KD the offense runs through him nowadays not steph/draymond, KD doesnt make guys better like steph/draymond do
3. Warriors without KD play much harder because they have to, with KD they relax a bit more because they know if **** hits the fan they still have KD to save them

if the warriors had to play like this over the course of a season + playoffs theyd be gassed , but they literally were on cruise control and still secured the 1st seed in the west
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#1808 » by youngthegiant » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

Vladimir777 wrote:

Canon Jack Curry lol
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#1809 » by clyde21 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

any chance a kid named Canon Curry won't be able to shoot?
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,492

Re: I’m not impressed at all 

Post#1810 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

Krazykiwi wrote:By the Warriors winning 4-0 in the WCF. The way Portland playing right now is not even a playoffs team in the west. Lilliard being hurt ,CJ playing below then average, Despite all that, the blazers outplayed the Warriors like 3 games in a row but they just CHOKED massively toward the end every game allowing Golden State to hang around . If they had a healthy Lillard and the Blazers of the previous rounds , that would not have happened. Score might be tied 2-2 or Blazwrs up 3-1.
Blazers is one of the worst WCF teams ever. Name a worse team that made the WCF in the last 15 years .

Like Clockwork.

Your face everytime Warriors win :lol: :lol:
My2CentsR
Senior
And1: 303

Post#1811 » by My2CentsR » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 am

rockmanslim wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:Image

:lol: BleacherReport is relentless

I wanted GS to win but I definitely feel a little bad for Seth. He's in Curry's shadow in every public aspect, even his name. Hopefully he can beat Steph in a video game or something. I know they both get to play in the NBA, but ouch.
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#1812 » by TheGOATWill » Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 am

Draymond extension gonna be complicated this summer or next.
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Re: I’m not impressed at all 

Post#1813 » by BayWarrior » Tue May 21, 2019 4:15 am

Krazykiwi wrote:By the Warriors winning 4-0 in the WCF. The way Portland playing right now is not even a playoffs team in the west. Lilliard being hurt ,CJ playing below then average, Despite all that, the blazers outplayed the Warriors like 3 games in a row but they just CHOKED massively toward the end every game allowing Golden State to hang around . If they had a healthy Lillard and the Blazers of the previous rounds , that would not have happened. Score might be tied 2-2 or Blazwrs up 3-1.
Blazers is one of the worst WCF teams ever. Name a worse team that made the WCF in the last 15 years .

What a horrible take, so your saying Portland is the worst WCF team of all time but if they were playing their best they would be at least tied 2-2 with the champs?
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,273

Post#1814 » by shi-woo » Tue May 21, 2019 4:16 am

Myth wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:Portland went farther than pundits thought they would, especially without Nurk. It stings, but there are positives to take into next season.

Congrats to the Warriors, they were down in manpower and points and kept finding ways to win. They went right back into next-man-up and played their game with the good habits long set in. As maligned as the Blazers are, they fought and earned their way to get to the WCF, and the Warriors fought to win it.

- Beat Nuggets which had Jokic while Blazers had no defensive Cs to throw at him
- Aminu was disappointing, which isn't overall good, but hopefully this means Portland doesn't make many moves to retain him. I'm fine retaining him cheap, but he just cancelled any raise he earned throughout the year
- Mo Harkless was good in the 1st round. He floundered a bit after that, but like Leonard, he may have slightly increased trade value
- Kanter looked like he was earning a raise, but ultimately was problematic once we got to the Warriors. Makes me hope that Portland can retain him cheap, but makes it clear that we shouldn't overpay him, which Portland was likely ready to do after the first 2 rounds.
- Blazers showed they have enough in them to get decent leads 3 games in a row vs Warriors. Getting leads is half the battle. Now they just need to learn to hold them.
You missed the most important take away for POR, which is Zach Collins looks like he's going to be a real solid starter once he fills out more

Sent from my D6708 using RealGM mobile app
Strepbacter
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,366

Post#1815 » by Strepbacter » Tue May 21, 2019 4:17 am

yoyoboy wrote:
Strepbacter wrote:And I thought the 2017 and 2018 Celtics were weak conference finalists...

The 2017 Celtics were really weak. But the 2018 Celtics were a ridiculous defense and definitely a better team than this Portland squad. I guess being without Nurkic hurts, but there's really no excuse for how bad CJ and Lillard's hero ball was.

Please. The 2018 Celtics were missing their two best players, were led by a couple of teenagers, and were 18th in ORTG, and that includes all the games with Irving. They had a pitiable 1.5 SRS after the Irving injury. They were a historically conference finalist, just like the 2019 Blazers. There's no way in hell they "definitely" beat this Blazers team. They're on the same level.
Vladimir777
Bench Warmer

Post#1816 » by Vladimir777 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:17 am

Mk0 wrote:
Vladimir777 wrote:

My neice Nikon and nephew Fujifilm wish they were lucky enough to be named Canon

True, I guess it is a camera company, too. I’m a lot nerd, so I always relate it back to that. :lol:
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#1817 » by GTR11 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:17 am

8-)
Dr_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o

They were missing best one on one d player and let's not underestimate Iggys playmaking ability. Dre and Klay clearly big time beneficiaries from KD's upsence. They became players they used to be, also role players get more touches and shot attempts which boost their confidence big time. That is huge and should not be over looked.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,441

Post#1818 » by Myth » Tue May 21, 2019 4:18 am

Mk0 wrote:
Myth wrote:

Great post. This is exactly the way to look at the situation.

People are crapping all over Portland right now and it isn't fair. Stotts deserves some criticism, but all in all these guys had a very good post season and it told you a lot about a group who people wanted to split up a year ago.

I'm honestly not even mad at Stotts. Blazers lost their chance 3 games in a row, but the simple fact that we had a chance in those games with a Lillard playing horrible (ribs or not) while having a roster consisting of Meyers Leonard and Even Turner playing heavy minutes. He crapped the bed with the defensive strategy on Curry in game 1, but actually made pretty decent adjustments from game to game. Starting Leonard? Would have been the last thing I tried. I would have went Collins personally, but it worked better than I ever expected. Many coaches would not make that sort of a rotation shift.
Vladimir777
Bench Warmer

Post#1819 » by Vladimir777 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:18 am

clyde21 wrote:

any chance a kid named Canon Curry won't be able to shoot?

I cannot believe that’s his name! What is with famous people naming their kids **** names? I’m actually curious why it’s a thing.

“Canon” is a word that has a TOTAL different meaning to “cannon.” How is he not aware of that? Or am I just crazy? It’s the latter, isn’t it? :banghead:
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,298

Post#1820 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue May 21, 2019 4:20 am

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board