WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|WARRIORS WIN 4-0

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who wins the series?

Warriors in 4
57%
Warriors in 5
27%
Warriors in 6
8%
Warriors in 7
1%
Blazers in 7
5%
Blazers in 6
2%

Total votes: 117

deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,252

Re: WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|Warriors lead 3-0 

Post#1861 » by deneem4 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 am

Edrees wrote:
deneem4 wrote:
Young Stapler wrote:But but but if Denver was playing they would play way better than Portland.
But but but if OKC was playing they would play way better than Portland.

Good to know! Next time try to actually beat Portland and then maybe your statement might become reality.

DEnver was jus too young and 1st timers

If Denver played GS they'd still be too young. Playing GS wouldn't have magically given Denver age, wisdom or experience

Yea they most likely would’ve of lost too... but they’re a more talented and well rounded team...that’s there advantage over Portland vs golden state...Portland is guard heavy with better experience...than Denver...but Denver have better all around talent....Portland did seem to have the coaching benefit
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,067

Re: WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|WARRIORS WIN 4-0 

Post#1862 » by Sgt Major » Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 am

happy summer, Nurk
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Beacon
Junior
And1: 164

Re: WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|WARRIORS WIN 4-0 

Post#1863 » by Beacon » Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 am

Wonder how would Utah do if they are in Portland's bracket...
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,443

Re: WCF | P2: (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers|Warriors lead 3-0 

Post#1864 » by Jables » Tue May 21, 2019 9:05 am

shza wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:Steph seriously named his son Canon....

And I went to an Ivy League college where one of my classmates (a white guy from the South) was named Canon. 24 years ago. What’s your point?

Wow, a white guy at your college was called Canon, that's amazing. Really cool.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1865 » by will » Tue May 21, 2019 11:05 am

TheGOATWill wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:Image

KD as lil Chris. The internet is glorious.

While rocking the Kyle Lowry 7 cap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The deuce-deuce was not necessary in this series.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#1866 » by California Gold » Tue May 21, 2019 12:40 pm

Blazers getting swept just shows how incredibly weak the rest of the West was compared to Golden State.
MintFresh
Junior
And1: 195

Post#1867 » by MintFresh » Tue May 21, 2019 1:08 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:Draymond has been amazing. He lost that weight and he's been back to his old self.

I never thought we would see this Draymond ever again
Percentsign
Senior
And1: 652

Post#1868 » by Percentsign » Tue May 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Look at the bright side -- Portland vs Milwauke / Toronto is one boring Finals. At least we can root against the evil empire, Golden State.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,935

Post#1869 » by Effigy » Tue May 21, 2019 2:25 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
Effigy wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I hate the Warriors, but I want them to win this because Portland doesn't deserve this win. Ugly, stupid basketball should not be rewarded with a win.

GS playing with higher IQ than Portland, by far.

Yeah. Very high IQ travel by Curry there.

Better than a 45ft 3pt shot by Lillard. I actually really like the Blazers which is why their stupid offense is killing me. Lillard is so much better when he drives to the basket. He kills my Magic every time he does it.

Really? You'd rather a guy on your team commit a travel and turn the ball over than take a shot? Huh. That is.... well that's an unusual strategy, but ok.

A shot, no matter how bad, could go in. And long shots create long rebounds, so you could get the ball back. A travel is a turnover, period. No positives at all.
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#1870 » by pootbrah » Tue May 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Harden2Dwight wrote:Blazers getting swept just shows how incredibly weak the rest of the West was compared to Golden State.

We really could have/would have/should have won the last 3...... but we didnt so fair call. I actually didnt watch the game today because i decided it wasnt good for my health after the two 18 point blown leads game 2 and 3.
My2CentsR
Senior
And1: 303

Post#1871 » by My2CentsR » Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm

monopoman wrote:
My2CentsR wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:
:lol: BleacherReport is relentless

I wanted GS to win but I definitely feel a little bad for Seth. He's in Curry's shadow in every public aspect, even his name. Hopefully he can beat Steph in a video game or something. I know they both get to play in the NBA, but ouch.

Damn, most people outside of GS fans are rooting against the Warriors pretty rare to find fans of other teams that are really pushing for GS.

Lol, it didn't have anything to do with GS in the first 3 years. I just really, really disliked Lebron so I rooted for every team that was going up against him since he moved to Miami. After that they just grew on me b/c they're fun to watch and Steph seems likable.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#1872 » by CS707 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Effigy wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
Effigy wrote:
Yeah. Very high IQ travel by Curry there.

Better than a 45ft 3pt shot by Lillard. I actually really like the Blazers which is why their stupid offense is killing me. Lillard is so much better when he drives to the basket. He kills my Magic every time he does it.

Really? You'd rather a guy on your team commit a travel and turn the ball over than take a shot? Huh. That is.... well that's an unusual strategy, but ok.

A shot, no matter how bad, could go in. And long shots create long rebounds, so you could get the ball back. A travel is a turnover, period. No positives at all.

A travel? That seems like an incredibly petty criticism in the grand scheme of things.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#1873 » by MrPerfect1 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:14 pm

nymets1 wrote:The sweep was big, Now Igoudola and KD get time to rest up. Igoudola and KD should be ready for Game 1 if they are anywhere close to 100%. I be shocked if either guy misses game 1. You get time off in between games during the NBA finals and since this is the last series of the season, They better be playing if they anywhere near 100%.

KD and Iggy get the same amount of rest as if they had lost and GS won either Game 5 or 6
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#1874 » by baller16 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,846

Post#1875 » by The Explorer » Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 pm

I don't know why teams don't try pressing Green from the backcourt. He's their pg and has been pushing the pace - if team's trap him around half court and rotate, they'll have a better chance at defending. Its actually baffling how opposing coaches haven't solved their offense after so many years, with or without KD.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,187

Post#1876 » by Outside » Tue May 21, 2019 8:45 pm

The Explorer wrote:I don't know why teams don't try pressing Green from the backcourt. He's their pg and has been pushing the pace - if team's trap him around half court and rotate, they'll have a better chance at defending. Its actually baffling how opposing coaches haven't solved their offense after so many years, with or without KD.

I get the sentiment, but I think that's a suicidal tactic. Pressing in the backcourt means not falling back on defense, and not falling back on defense against the Warriors is a recipe for disaster. Instead of Draymond pushing the pace to force the action before the defense can set up, you'd have Steph and Klay spotting up for transition threes or passing to Looney and Iguodala for dunks.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,121

Post#1877 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Outside wrote:
The Explorer wrote:I don't know why teams don't try pressing Green from the backcourt. He's their pg and has been pushing the pace - if team's trap him around half court and rotate, they'll have a better chance at defending. Its actually baffling how opposing coaches haven't solved their offense after so many years, with or without KD.

I get the sentiment, but I think that's a suicidal tactic. Pressing in the backcourt means not falling back on defense, and not falling back on defense against the Warriors is a recipe for disaster. Instead of Draymond pushing the pace to force the action before the defense can set up, you'd have Steph and Klay spotting up for transition threes or passing to Looney and Iguodala for dunks.

HE's also grabbing and going immediately after rebounds, not really much time to do anything about it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,129

Post#1878 » by Edrees » Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 pm

deneem4 wrote:
Edrees wrote:
deneem4 wrote:
DEnver was jus too young and 1st timers

If Denver played GS they'd still be too young. Playing GS wouldn't have magically given Denver age, wisdom or experience

Yea they most likely would’ve of lost too... but they’re a more talented and well rounded team...that’s there advantage over Portland vs golden state...Portland is guard heavy with better experience...than Denver...but Denver have better all around talent....Portland did seem to have the coaching benefit

I know but what I"m saying is if Denver's inexperience is what led them to lose to a team that has less talent than th in Portland, imagine how their inexperience fares against a team that actually has better talent than them!

I think their inexperience would look even worse.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#1879 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue May 21, 2019 9:57 pm

DaTRUTHk11 wrote:lol blazers are pathetic. Worst team ever to make a Conference Finals. Hope to never see this s*** team ever again. McCollum and especially Lillard were absolutely trash down the stretch. Both are undersized combo guards that will never be part of championship winning team. This was a game where GSW had three starters down with Iguadola one of the teams best defenders out and Klay Thompson shot like s**t.

Nurkic isn't coming back to playing professional basketball in the US so time to TEAR it down. If you get lucky McCollum may be able to get you a late 1st round pick and maybe Lillard can get you a 2nd rounder though at this point its doubtful. LOL at the fake rib injury...giving up before the game.

Wow, what a ridiculous (for lack of a more vulgar word) post. Are you still embarrassed by the way your Celtics went out this year? Is Irving going to get you anything? Nope! Dont take your anger out on the Blazers. Look in the mirror.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,175

Post#1880 » by Impuniti » Tue May 21, 2019 10:04 pm

Eh.. This would be a horrible decision. So you want the ball in Steph's hand in a 4v3? If you thought Green on a 4v3 results in a lot of points, just imagine someone who can pass just like him while being one of the best scorers of all time. If they did this for an entire quarter, I can see the Warriors scoring 45-50 points during that time.

Return to The General Board