KD Possibly Out Unless Finals Go to Game 6. **Official Warriors Sweep War Wagon**

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Your position?

Poll ended at Fri May 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Go Warriors!
51%
I still want them to lose.
34%
I hope they are down by Game 6 of the Finals and KD comes back to save them.
5%
I have no opinion.
10%

Total votes: 166

JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Re: KD Possibly Out Unless Finals Go to Game 6. **Official Warriors Sweep War Wagon** 

Post#41 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon May 20, 2019 10:44 pm

If the Warriors win without him, he's surely taking his ring and bouncing. No chance he stays in that scenario. I think in general him leaving makes the Warriors a more likeable team. KD would definitely have a chance to get another ring if he goes East.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Re: KD Possibly Out Unless Finals Go to Game 6. **Official Warriors Sweep War Wagon** 

Post#42 » by xdrta+ » Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:If the Warriors win without him, he's surely taking his ring and bouncing. No chance he stays in that scenario. I think in general him leaving makes the Warriors a more likeable team. KD would definitely have a chance to get another ring if he goes East.

And I'm sure their goal is to be likeable, especially for all the savants on realgm.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#43 » by michaelm » Mon May 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Perhaps we could re-visit this when Durant’s own trainer/someone who has actually examined him and seen the MRI results etc says it.

Obviously this is a possibility, but he has also come back from 2 previous calf injuries more quickly than after 6 weeks.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,307

Re: KD Likely Out Unless Finals Go to Game 6. **Official Warriors Sweep War Wagon** 

Post#44 » by shi-woo » Mon May 20, 2019 10:57 pm

NY 567 wrote:Bucks are far too deep and they'll have the best player in the series. It'll be an easy series to call. Not impressed with them beating the injured an mediocre Blazers, especially considering they could have easily lost games 2 and 3. Another elephant in the room is that the Warriors bench has been uncharacteristically good since Durant went down, which I don't think is likely to continue.
I disagree, and have for the past two years. Warriors have had a great bench, they just feed all their starters instead.

Livingston is still a match up nightmare for most teams.

Jerebko is a very solid player, and I loved watching him is Boston.

Cook and Bell have showed the ability to step up.

They are all match-up dependent, but all give solid minutes. Obviously missing KD and Boogie hurts their depth, but I've always thought GS had one of the better benches this year

Sent from my D6708 using RealGM mobile app
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#45 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:If the Warriors win without him, he's surely taking his ring and bouncing. No chance he stays in that scenario. I think in general him leaving makes the Warriors a more likeable team. KD would definitely have a chance to get another ring if he goes East.

And I'm sure their goal is to be likeable, especially for all the savants on realgm.

Where did I say that? (I didn't).

Them being more likeable without KD (truth) and whether or not they care about being liked are two completely different things.
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Re: KD Likely Out Unless Finals Go to Game 6. **Official Warriors Sweep War Wagon** 

Post#46 » by taikibansei » Tue May 21, 2019 12:13 am

MindState wrote:
NY 567 wrote:Bucks are far too deep and they'll have the best player in the series. It'll be an easy series to call. Not impressed with them beating the injured an mediocre Blazers, especially considering they could have easily lost games 2 and 3. Another elephant in the room is that the Warriors bench has been uncharacteristically good since Durant went down, which I don't think is likely to continue.

KD had to beat LeBron twice just to get in the conversation of being better then him.

Giannis automatically becomes better then KD and Curry by just getting to the finals once.

Something doesent add up here.

KD didn't beat LeBron, the Warriors did. Durant went over three years without beating LeBron James in a head-to-head matchup, a streak that included Christmas Day when the Cavaliers topped Golden State and the newly acquired Durant. At that point, Durant was 4-18 in his career against LeBron James. Oh, and Durant's team was favored in many instances...and just lost.

As of 2016, there was only one franchise (Boston) that James averaged more points against than Durant's Oklahoma City, and Durant received most of that punishment. In the two players’ 17 regular season games, James averaged 29.4 points on 52 percent shooting from the floor and 38 percent from behind the three-point line, while putting up seven rebounds, seven assists, and 2.2 steals per game.

Durant went to GS so that he could finally win against LeBron James. That's why he's never been in any conversation period.

Giannis, on the other hand, is a young buck (pun intended) on an amazing run, currently leading a team and determined to prove himself. I'll believe he's beatable if his team loses four times against somebody this postseason. Until then, yeah, he's in the conversation of being the best player now.
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
jumpman28
Pro Prospect
And1: 658

Post#47 » by jumpman28 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:30 am

packforfreedom wrote:I still want Milwaukee to win. The revenge of the small market in on!

I'm cheering for Milwaukee if it ends up GS vs Bucks
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#48 » by inquisitive » Tue May 21, 2019 12:43 am

Is KD worried about possibly re-injuring his calf that could affect his free agency and offseason thus taking his time ?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#49 » by freethedevil » Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 am

they're getting wrecked with kd. People act like this team wasn't clearly playing worse than the raptors or the bucks when they had kd. I want KD so there's no dumbass senitment about how kd going out was the bucks/ratpors ony hope.
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,781

Post#50 » by makubesu » Tue May 21, 2019 1:16 am

Dare to dream a little bigger guys. KD is out, but Cousins comes back, and wins FMVP
Vladimir777
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,121

Post#51 » by Vladimir777 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:44 am

People outside of the Bay Area want Golden State to win, even without KD? Haven’t they won enough?
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,963

Post#52 » by thebigbird » Tue May 21, 2019 1:55 am

Vladimir777 wrote:People outside of the Bay Area want Golden State to win, even without KD? Haven’t they won enough?

I think we just want them to win because of the chaos it would cause if they won without KD. I don't have a rooting interest in any of the teams left, so I just want to watch the world burn.
Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

Post#53 » by Krazykiwi » Tue May 21, 2019 2:00 am

dlts20 wrote:I have a feeling that this board will have a massive meltdown if GS goes down 0-3 or 1-3 in the finals without KD...lol

“Curry has dislocated left ear this is why they are down 0-3”
Vladimir777
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,121

Post#54 » by Vladimir777 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 am

thebigbird wrote:
Vladimir777 wrote:People outside of the Bay Area want Golden State to win, even without KD? Haven’t they won enough?

I think we just want them to win because of the chaos it would cause if they won without KD. I don't have a rooting interest in any of the teams left, so I just want to watch the world burn.

I gotchya.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#55 » by MrPerfect1 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:07 am

Seeing how much everyone is saying GS might be better without him, If Durant is Out, I don't want to hear any "Well they would have won if Durant wasn't hurt"
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#56 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 21, 2019 2:29 am

MrPerfect1 wrote:Seeing how much everyone is saying GS might be better without him, If Durant is Out, I don't want to hear any "Well they would have won if Durant wasn't hurt"

"Everyone" isn't saying it. A few people who don't know much about the Warriors might be saying it. Doesn't make it true.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#57 » by Son Goku 25 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:30 am

KD bout to join Kawhi in Toronto
Read
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#58 » by Dupp » Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 am

They are still scum, but silver lining if they win now.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#59 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 am

Warriors minus KD vs. a healthy Bucks team would be a really fun series. I’m rooting for that to happen. Think Warriors still win
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,729

Post#60 » by CycklopsGT » Tue May 21, 2019 3:48 am

Sweepy sweepy boys. Onto the Finals we go.

Return to The General Board