GSW just swept the conference finals...

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Re: GSW just swept the conference finals... 

Post#181 » by Bayside » Wed May 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Yes I can totally see your arguement putting a team out with all this talent, accolades, talk of dynasty is going to ruin the opening of the new arena in SF. All the tech companies and billionaires want to tone it down for you.
CycklopsGT wrote:
Bayside wrote:I cant argue with your logic.
CycklopsGT wrote:Yeah, the team sells tickets. If they don't owe people anything, why are they trying to sell tickets to them?

Sent from my SM-N960F using RealGM mobile app

They sell tickets because they're a business that offers the fans something in return for their money. Competition, appreciation of skill, tension, reward, etc. etc. So yes, they do owe the fans something in return for their money, and if you kill the competition of the game, and make the victory less rewarding, you will eventually lose fan interest.

knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,572

Post#182 » by knuckles862 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:13 pm

The Hypnotoad wrote:
knuckles862 wrote:I'm just here to say Steph curry is the best player in the NBA and we need to put some respect on his name. With that said the warriors need KD moreso to keep that awful bench off the floor as much as possible

Every team “needs” KD to keep an awful bench off the floor. The point is Golden state are still good enough to win the championship right now without him. Can you say that about any other team honestly?

I don't feel like the current roster can win the title simply because of the depth Toronto and the bucks both have good benches if kd was replaced with say a few decent role players then ok I'd still say the warriors would win. As is the only way to offset the bench is if kd, boogie, and Andre come back
Bayside
Rookie

Post#183 » by Bayside » Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Shame on the warriors trying to put the best product out there. For competition reasons they need to underperform. The logic is sound. Analytical skills beyond reproach. I have seen the light.

CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,729

Post#184 » by CycklopsGT » Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Bayside wrote:Yes I can totally see your arguement putting a team out with all this talent, accolades, talk of dynasty is going to ruin the opening of the new arena in SF. All the tech companies and billionaires want to tone it down for you.
CycklopsGT wrote:
Bayside wrote:I cant argue with your logic.

They sell tickets because they're a business that offers the fans something in return for their money. Competition, appreciation of skill, tension, reward, etc. etc. So yes, they do owe the fans something in return for their money, and if you kill the competition of the game, and make the victory less rewarding, you will eventually lose fan interest.

I suspect that you might have some type of disability since your response is completely unrelated to mine and you're struggling with the quote function, so please try again and make an effort to read what I said to you.

Bayside
Rookie

Post#185 » by Bayside » Wed May 22, 2019 7:55 pm

CycklopsGT wrote:
Bayside wrote:Yes I can totally see your arguement putting a team out with all this talent, accolades, talk of dynasty is going to ruin the opening of the new arena in SF. All the tech companies and billionaires want to tone it down for you.
CycklopsGT wrote:They sell tickets because they're a business that offers the fans something in return for their money. Competition, appreciation of skill, tension, reward, etc. etc. So yes, they do owe the fans something in return for their money, and if you kill the competition of the game, and make the victory less rewarding, you will eventually lose fan interest.

I suspect that you might have some type of disability since your response is completely unrelated to mine and you're struggling with the quote function, so please try again and make an effort to read what I said to you.

Lol I disagree with you so you throw insults. Engaging with you is pointless as you lack logic reasoning and analytical skills and fall back to ridiculous insults. Best of luck to you and your continuous ranting and raving.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#186 » by freethedevil » Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:Curry averaged 37/8/7

Draymond averaged 15/9/8 with a pair of triple doubles and elite defense

Klay dropped 23/5/4

The idea that this team needs durant to win a title is absurd. Curry is the better player of the two and GSW offense runs so much better without durant just iso'ing (and its much more entertaining as well)

So we're gonna act like the full strength warriors weren't dead even with the actual second best team in the west?
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#187 » by freethedevil » Wed May 22, 2019 9:33 pm

DaPessimist wrote:

Also, have people already forgot KD was literally the best player in the playoffs before he got injured. :crazy:

LMAO. KD wasn't even scoring better than Kawhi.
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,729

Post#188 » by CycklopsGT » Wed May 22, 2019 10:29 pm

Bayside wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:

Lol I disagree with you so you throw insults. Engaging with you is pointless as you lack logic reasoning and analytical skills and fall back to ridiculous insults. Best of luck to you and your continuous ranting and raving.

You didn't disagree, what you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I told you. You said the Warriors "don't owe anyone anything," I asked you then why they charge money, as in engaging in free market voluntary exchange whereby the customer expects something in return. You replied with posts repeatedly misusing the quote function and babbling about someone wanting the Warriors and their fans to "tone it down."

I'm legitimately asking if you have trouble reading English and making posts, because if so I can explain it more clearly.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,437

Post#189 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:31 pm

pr0wler wrote:I don't disagree that the team necessarily needs Durant to win the finals, but he certainly helps. KD carried the Warriors offensively for the majority of the series vs the Rockets, without him the entire series would be in doubt. And without Durant against the Bucks or Raptors is a really close call.

While the Warriors may "look" like a better team without Durant as in, they're more fun to watch, they definitely not as good without him.

He didn't carry anything. There is only one ball to go around, and Durant gets it when he's on the floor since he scores the most easily over single coverage.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#190 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
pr0wler wrote:I don't disagree that the team necessarily needs Durant to win the finals, but he certainly helps. KD carried the Warriors offensively for the majority of the series vs the Rockets, without him the entire series would be in doubt. And without Durant against the Bucks or Raptors is a really close call.

While the Warriors may "look" like a better team without Durant as in, they're more fun to watch, they definitely not as good without him.

He didn't carry anything. There is only one ball to go around, and Durant gets it when he's on the floor since he scores the most easily over single coverage.

Have you ever watched the Warriors play? Because that's not what happens.
Bayside
Rookie

Post#191 » by Bayside » Wed May 22, 2019 10:43 pm

CycklopsGT wrote:
Bayside wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:I suspect that you might have some type of disability since your response is completely unrelated to mine and you're struggling with the quote function, so please try again and make an effort to read what I said to you.

You didn't disagree, what you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I told you. You said the Warriors "don't owe anyone anything," I asked you then why they charge money, as in engaging in free market voluntary exchange whereby the customer expects something in return. You replied with posts repeatedly misusing the quote function and babbling about someone wanting the Warriors and their fans to "tone it down."

I'm legitimately asking if you have trouble reading English and making posts, because if so I can explain it more clearly.

I think you have established in another thread your difficulty with English. They owe it to their fans, shareholders etc to put the best product out there. And they have. You asking players and companies to go against common sense, and their own interest to appease some rabid individuals.

Your argument is that they owe the fans a mediocre product when they can do better because winning gets old and fans lose interest? That's really what you believe? If so cool. I just disagree with that point of view.
valrond1
Senior
And1: 513

Post#192 » by valrond1 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 pm

Last time this team played without Durant, they lost the finals, just saying.
Beating the Blazers is no big deal.

Return to The General Board