If you Steph, do you want Durant back?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

You are Steph, what do you want?

I dont want Durant, I want to showcase my MVP level talent as much as I can.
45%
I just want win as much ships as I can, give me all time great teammate
55%

Total votes: 228

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: If you Steph, do you want Durant back? 

Post#101 » by jason bourne » Wed May 22, 2019 4:04 am

Durant is an egomaniac. I can see Steph not missing him nor any other Warrior. Maybe Quinn Cook will as he's his best friend on the team. KD will do what is good for him and will want his jersey retired and a statue even if he leaves. The best Warriors fans can hope for is an opt-in and trade in order to get something back.

ETA: Can you remember when KD ever talked about the team or about teamwork?
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#102 » by gmoney411 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:05 am

michaelm wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
michaelm wrote:I think you underestimate how much Curry likes winning.

I think you probably have no idea how much Curry likes winning.

“I think” implies it is my opinion.

It implies it's your opinion about the poster's knowledge of how much Curry likes winning for sure. But unless you yourself know how much Curry likes winning it's a somewhat interesting thing to have an opinion about. But I can't say it's not your opinion.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#103 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 am

KD could've stayed with OKC and won just one title and be so highly regarded its insane. Just like Dirk did with the Mavs. The difference between KD and his :My moms the real mvp" and the way he acts now on social media is honestly disturbing.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,430

Post#104 » by Doctor MJ » Wed May 22, 2019 4:28 am

michaelm wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I know this must have been asked and talked about a lot, but lets see how that poll looks.

I'm assuming this is a question of what Curry wants deep down.

I think that Curry is a pretty wise dude and as such wasn't entirely sure whether the Warriors losing their beautiful game was due to Durant or not until this playoff run. Now it's really quite clear, and if I'm literally anyone on the Warriors, I don't want to give this up, even if it ends up costing them a series now and then.

It isn't even about personal glory - though that would be a factor to - so much as it is about the Golden State identity. I think everyone in the locker room, other than KD, wants to be remembered for playing like they are right now. This is a team that aesthetically iconic like the '14 Spurs, the SSOL Suns, the Showtime Lakers, the '70s Knicks, etc. The KD led team is just an overwhelming collection of talent.

I think you underestimate how much Curry likes winning.

I can tell. He's doing a lot of it lately.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#105 » by GYK » Wed May 22, 2019 4:32 am

I don't find him selfless. he's a screen runner. the team absolutely waits for him to get off screens and gives whenever open. Durant takes some, nowhere near as much, of those touches. what he does changes is time of possession. which isn't a Curry's favor. the longer he can run and cause confusion the better look he gets. Durant is easily in scoring position getting up a shot.
if I'm Curry I do want the FMVP. it's the only thing he doesn't have. so I could see that sticking in his craw. on the other hand making sure you win rings build the legend.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#106 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 am

Stadium5 wrote:KD ruined the league for non warrior fans....robbing himself and curry in the process. Replace KD with literally any other all star and they win the same amount of rings. Ofcourse I wouldn't want KD back if I'm Steph. People are gonna look back on these past 3 years and roll their eyes about those titles

Your post made me realize something I forgot. KD was heavily recruited by Draymond. Steph wanted him on board as well, especially after that bitter defeat to the Cavs. If LeBron hadn't upset the 73 win Warriors, KD wouldn't have joined them. So you could say it's LeBron's fault. Or even Steph's unselfishness' fault
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#107 » by Drygon » Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 am

Curry had his best playoffs with Durant. His best finals with Durant.

Hell he even had a higher TS% with Durant than his 73-9 win MVP season.

People have to remember that Curry also benefits from having Durant. Sweeping the Blazers doesn't change that.

It's insane on how many open pindown screens Curry gets with Durant on the floor.

I'd definitely have Durant as my teammate if I was Curry.
the_dinks
Sophomore
And1: 154

Post#108 » by the_dinks » Wed May 22, 2019 6:10 am

Boring answer but it probably depends a lot more on their personal relationship than we're giving credit to. At least, it would for me.
Time for Change
Bench Warmer
And1: 727

Post#109 » by Time for Change » Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 am

I don’t know how he feels emotionally, but logically he would want Durant to stay. Makes for an easier regular season, less stress, allows you to rest, keeps you healthy for the playoffs.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,606

Post#110 » by Peregrine01 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:35 pm

It’s a good question and it goes beyond what Steph thinks about his own legacy/glory.

I think going into the KD signing, he and other Warriors probably thought that KD would fit seamlessly into their system. But going back to last year’s WCF, it’s become evident that that seamless fit hasn’t materialized. In fact, at times during this year’s and last year’s playoffs it seems like KD had hijacked the whole identity of this team.

I don’t think any of the Warriors had foreseen that and they probably still hold out hope that KD would accept and become part of the Warriors way. But this last stretch of games without him reminded not only us of what they once were and could be but themselves as well. I don’t think that they want to give that up.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,601

Post#111 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Guest202 wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Warriors are so much more likeable without Durant. He just ruined it tbh.

Makes it all the better when KD announces he's staying with GSW during the The Larry O'Brien ceremony next month. Extend their reign for another 3 to 4 years. Haters will break the internet. :banghead: :lol:

That would shock me. Such a move would signal security and not giving a damn what fans think, a complete opposite traits of what KD is showing. I wonder if KD is somewhat regretful he joined this team even with titles. He knows a lot of fans dont respect his rings and him for that matter, and hes very insecure about that.
dynamic duo
Analyst
And1: 10,486

Post#112 » by dynamic duo » Wed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm

curry and co were historically anti-competitive for begging another top 3 player to join their 73-9 win team. if curry believes he can win with these cats and wants to boost his individual legacy he should try to win it all without durant while he's still in his prime.

and if durant goes back it only further cements what we already know. he is the single most anti-competitive player in sports history and no one else comes close.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#113 » by SuigintouEV » Wed May 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Curry would want Durant back, because Curry ain't about Curry.

Curry fans do not want Durant back, because we know he can and will win without Durant. Spend the cap space on a solid starter, sure, but not Durant.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#114 » by Lalouie » Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 pm

if gsw can get a cousins(ok it hasn't quite worked out as well as expected) they can get another. they have to shore up their depth, and draymond, curry, klay are their top priority.

a well placed couple or 3 players and signing the big3 and gsw can get along without kd. the safety net factor is not talked of enough, but seriously kd provides this luxury, and that is why gsw wants kd. but gsw has already prioritized klay and curry and draymond so that says it all.

i got this weird feeling all this anticipated movement will not happen as expected. kd and kyrie are not going anywhere by themselves. they will go to somewhere that everything is in place or will be immediately. kd, kawhi, and kyrie are all with very good teams right now and they're all played on ring teams. i cannot see them playing on cr@p teams. kd must surely see kyrie as not so good a teammate as he had hoped. like if kd says he doesn't want to play with kyrie, kyrie ain't going to nyc by himself even though, yeah, he's dumb enough to pull that move.

the only player in a bad situation is davis and things seems so tenuous everywhere else that the pels may be,,,,,not so bad maybe?

Return to The General Board