If you Steph, do you want Durant back?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

You are Steph, what do you want?

I dont want Durant, I want to showcase my MVP level talent as much as I can.
45%
I just want win as much ships as I can, give me all time great teammate
55%

Total votes: 228

gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Re: If you Steph, do you want Durant back? 

Post#41 » by gmoney411 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:11 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
They never combined to have the top offense in the league...

They weren't playing with Klay Thompson either. Having arguably the greatest shooting 2 guard of all time helps team offense.

Curry and Klay did it without KD...if shaq and kobe were the greatest offensive due, I'd expect some better offenses.

What are you using to measure offense? The Kobe/Shaq Lakers had one of the best offenses in the league during the 3 peat run.

Also, Kobe and Shaq have the highest duo scoring average since Will averaged 50 by himself back in the 60s.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#42 » by Baski » Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
ken6199 wrote:Back to help him yes, but leave that FMVP alone. His fans want him to get that FMVP bad (as much as they hate this "no FMVP" slight), and Steph wants it too.

Fans play it off like it's no BFD that he's never won FMVP. But clearly you can see how Steph felt after game 3 of last years Finals.

Those aren't tears of joy after going up 3-0. He wants it badly. That's why he was trying to statpad so much towards the end of game 4.

What makes me laugh is how you see them call the FMVP a garbage award which doesn't hold weight in all time comparisons and the media members who vote for it idiots because he doesn't have one.
And the Nike-Under Armour conspiracy theories are the funniest.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#43 » by CS707 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:28 pm

ken6199 wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:
ken6199 wrote:Back to help him yes, but leave that FMVP alone. His fans want him to get that FMVP bad (as much as they hate this "no FMVP" slight), and Steph wants it too.

Fans play it off like it's no BFD that he's never won FMVP. But clearly you can see how Steph felt after game 3 of last years Finals.

Those aren't tears of joy after going up 3-0. He wants it badly. That's why he was trying to statpad so much towards the end of game 4.

He wants it bad, there is nothing wrong with it. It's an award that will significantly elevate his legacy, filling that one last glaring hole Curry fans (and himself of course) badly want to fill up. No matter how they deny it or brush it off with "nah he plays selfless ball he only care about winning we are all fam", he wants it bad. (which I personally am annoyed with, like, come on just admit it, it's nothing wrong to think that way)

There might be even some unspoken soft agreement in place already, a win-win scenario for both. To KD, 2 FMVP vs 3 FMVP probably won't change a hair at this moment, but it's a huge, huge deal for Curry. If it really comes down to a 50-50 odds to a title clinching game, Warriors up by 20 in 4th, I expect Curry to stay on the court without KD.

Truth. It was funny and a little shameless how badly he chased it last year. He clearly wants it and the fans want it for him.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#44 » by CS707 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:30 pm

To the topic, Curry and his teammates have been going out of their way to publically acknowledge KD and express how important he is to the team since his injury. So that's really your answer right there. Steph wants the rings.
SenZu
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#45 » by SenZu » Tue May 21, 2019 6:40 pm

Baski wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:

What makes me laugh is how you see them call the FMVP a garbage award which doesn't hold weight in all time comparisons and the media members who vote for it idiots because he doesn't have one.
And the Nike-Under Armour conspiracy theories are the funniest.

That's because FMVP means very little realistically, but in terms of media driven narratives and legacy it matters a lot.

What I find funny about that vid is the guy who stole Steph's FMVP is consoling him :lol:
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by gmoney411 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:48 pm

gst8 wrote:To the topic, Curry and his teammates have been going out of their way to publically acknowledge KD and express how important he is to the team since his injury. So that's really your answer right there. Steph wants the rings.

Curry doesn't seem like the type of guy to trash or dismiss a teammate publicly so even if he didn't feel that way I'd bet he'd do the same. Steph has the rings and maybe he wants more of a challenge or enjoys the way the team plays more without KD. That smile comment makes it seem like it's possibility. He probably sees the benefit in both situations.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,532

Post#47 » by dhsilv2 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
They weren't playing with Klay Thompson either. Having arguably the greatest shooting 2 guard of all time helps team offense.

Curry and Klay did it without KD...if shaq and kobe were the greatest offensive due, I'd expect some better offenses.

What are you using to measure offense? The Kobe/Shaq Lakers had one of the best offenses in the league during the 3 peat run.

Also, Kobe and Shaq have the highest duo scoring average since Will averaged 50 by himself back in the 60s.

I'm looking at the team offense which was near the top, but if they're the best ever, then I'd expect them to be first. Not sure why their scoring matters.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by gmoney411 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:54 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

I'm looking at the team offense which was near the top, but if they're the best ever, then I'd expect them to be first. Not sure why their scoring matters.

You aren't sure why the scoring of what I consider to be the greatest offensive duo of all time matters? Really? If you are making statements like that I understand why we disagree.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#49 » by dhsilv2 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:00 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

You aren't sure why the scoring of what I consider to be the greatest offensive duo of all time matters? Really? If you are making statements like that I understand why we disagree.

It's about two guys who make their team score more, not if they do, right? You'd say best scoring duo, not best offense.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by gmoney411 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:09 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

It's about two guys who make their team score more, not if they do, right? You'd say best scoring duo, not best offense.

No I wouldn't. Because they can't make manage the roster, they can't coach the team, and they can't make teammates hit shots.

The Steph and Klay Warriors weren't even a top 10 offense prior to Kerr showing up and Draymond becoming their point forward. Teammates and schemes matter.

Plus it's not like the Lakers had bad offenses. They were number 2 in 2 of those 3 three peat years. And that's with them rotating new players in every year. They had a never 2 offense with Samaki Walker as a starter. It didn't matter as long as they had Kobe and Shaq.
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#51 » by IgorK » Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Of course Steph wants KD back. KD anywhere else = possibility of tougher competition. Do you really think Steph would rather have him join Kyrie and another superstar in NY? Or LeBron and another superstar in LA? Silly question.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#52 » by dan-man » Tue May 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Stadium5 wrote:KD ruined the league for non warrior fans....robbing himself and curry in the process. Replace KD with literally any other all star and they win the same amount of rings. Ofcourse I wouldn't want KD back if I'm Steph. People are gonna look back on these past 3 years and roll their eyes about those titles

Not Curry's problem.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#53 » by dhsilv2 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:31 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

No I wouldn't. Because they can't make manage the roster, they can't coach the team, and they can't make teammates hit shots.

The Steph and Klay Warriors weren't even a top 10 offense prior to Kerr showing up and Draymond becoming their point forward. Teammates and schemes matter.

Plus it's not like the Lakers had bad offenses. They were number 2 in 2 of those 3 three peat years. And that's with them rotating new players in every year. They had a never 2 offense with Samaki Walker as a starter. It didn't matter as long as they had Kobe and Shaq.

Then you aren't judging offense. Curry improves the shooting percentage of every player on the floor when he's out there. That matters. You can't dismiss the team aspect, especially when looking at two players and not just one.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by gmoney411 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:38 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

Then you aren't judging offense. Curry improves the shooting percentage of every player on the floor when he's out there. That matters. You can't dismiss the team aspect, especially when looking at two players and not just one.

Yes I am. Shaq and Kobe made things easier for everybody on their team. They just didn't have other all star teammates. The Warriors roster is great. Iggy and Draymond are better than anybody Kobe and Shaq ever had. Steph and Klay weren't able to make great offenses before those two showed up and they wouldn't have a number one offense without them. Give them starters of Rick Fox, Samaki Walker, and a Fisher caliber center and you'd see a very different offense.

Curry's gravity is undeniable, but Shaq had a ton of gravity and so did Kobe. The difference is you couldn't stop Kobe/Shaq with just good interior defense or good perimeter defense.
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#55 » by Stadium5 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm

dan-man wrote:
Stadium5 wrote:KD ruined the league for non warrior fans....robbing himself and curry in the process. Replace KD with literally any other all star and they win the same amount of rings. Ofcourse I wouldn't want KD back if I'm Steph. People are gonna look back on these past 3 years and roll their eyes about those titles

Not Curry's problem.

Not Curry's fault, but it is his problem. He's good enough to deserve the green light and be the unquestioned first option. No honest fan is going to take these titles with Durant seriously although Curry has a better "what if" case of winning them anyways considering he did it before KD even arrived
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#56 » by dhsilv2 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

Yes I am. Shaq and Kobe made things easier for everybody on their team. They just didn't have other all star teammates. The Warriors roster is great. Iggy and Draymond are better than anybody Kobe and Shaq ever had. Steph and Klay weren't able to make great offenses before those two showed up and they wouldn't have a number one offense without them. Give them starters of Rick Fox, Samaki Walker, and a Fisher caliber center and you'd see a very different offense.

Curry's gravity is undeniable, but Shaq had a ton of gravity and so did Kobe. The difference is you couldn't stop Kobe/Shaq with just good interior defense or good perimeter defense.

Do you know who the lakers had on their team? Those teams were full of high HIGH quality vets. Loaded with shooters.

They just weren't as good offensively. If they had been those teams would have had far better offenses.

But sure coaching is a factor. Are you going to say Phil Jackson wasn't an all time great offensive coach? Are you going to say Marc Jackson was?
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by gmoney411 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:47 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

Do you know who the lakers had on their team? Those teams were full of high HIGH quality vets. Loaded with shooters.

They just weren't as good offensively. If they had been those teams would have had far better offenses.

But sure coaching is a factor. Are you going to say Phil Jackson wasn't an all time great offensive coach? Are you going to say Marc Jackson was?

I know exactly who was on the rosters. It was nobody at the level of Draymond or Iggy (before KD showed up). But if you think so go ahead and name similar level players.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#58 » by alienpick » Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 pm

If I am Steph, then yes I want him back. Its a better team with him on, its more fun, and better championship potential. if I am Steph's Legacy, then no, I want him gone.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Post#59 » by Optms » Tue May 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Stadium5 wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Not Curry's problem.

Not Curry's fault, but it is his problem. He's good enough to deserve the green light and be the unquestioned first option. No honest fan is going to take these titles with Durant seriously although Curry has a better "what if" case of winning them anyways considering he did it before KD even arrived

This actually makes Curry more valuable than most fans realize. Here we have one of the greatest weapons in the history of the game. The basketball equivalent of the Hydrogen bomb.

And yet he's selfless enough to defer to an insecure player so chemistry would not be hindered. There is no player like Curry in the history of the game. None.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#60 » by dhsilv2 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

I know exactly who was on the rosters. It was nobody at the level of Draymond or Iggy (before KD showed up). But if you think so go ahead and name similar level players.

The team had a roster with Rick Fox, ho Grant, Robert Horry as their big men 3 point shooters not to mention Fisher who's another quality shooter. The's exactly what you want around a dominate big man and an iso guard. A group of shooters in a league before that was a thing.

Return to The General Board