If you Steph, do you want Durant back?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

You are Steph, what do you want?

I dont want Durant, I want to showcase my MVP level talent as much as I can.
45%
I just want win as much ships as I can, give me all time great teammate
55%

Total votes: 228

dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,215

Re: If you Steph, do you want Durant back? 

Post#81 » by dhsilv2 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
You brought up 2003 when the Spurs had the greatest PF off all time, an aging HoF and two young future HoF. You can bring that up but I can't bring up 2014?

I strongly disagree with your assessment of the Lakers roster. They didn't have a perfect mesh of talent. They had two superstars that could have carried almost any decently put together roster to multiple titles.

Team offense isn't determined by two players. The Bulls were still a really good offensive team when Jordan left in 94. You seem to be confusing good offensive duos with good offensive teams.

03 is considered one of the worst supporting casts of all time. 2014 is not. the point was to discuss that teams with weak supporting casks were able to win at that time. Instead you bring in one of the deepest nba teams in the history of the game.

And now you're telling me the bulls in 94 that had a below average offense (league offensive rating was 106.3 and the bulls rating was 106.1) was a really good offense.

But yeah, tell me more about scoring and not offense.

Then go with the 2011 Mavs which is recent NBA and post superteams. And to answer a previous question, I think the teams the 11 Mavericks beat are better than any set of teams the Warriors have ever faced. They beat the Lakers with Kobe/Pau. The Thunder with Durant/WB/Harden. And then the Heat with LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

And the Bulls offense was actually 106.85 in 94 but I was looking at the 95 season which is my bad.

But my other points still stand. You can't define how good an offensive duo is based solely or mostly on how the team performed offensively. And It makes no sense when one duo had a significantly better roster than the other.

It was 106.1....no clue where you're getting that number, but non the less it wasn't a good offense.

If the BEST offensive duo EVER with a roster of shooters around them can't crack +6 offensive rating over the league average, they're not the best offensive due ever. It would be one thing if the team had absolutely nothing around the two players though even then...the two best offensive guys ever would still likely be able to do something like that. but by no means were the lakers lacking offensive talent around them.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#82 » by gmoney411 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
03 is considered one of the worst supporting casts of all time. 2014 is not. the point was to discuss that teams with weak supporting casks were able to win at that time. Instead you bring in one of the deepest nba teams in the history of the game.

And now you're telling me the bulls in 94 that had a below average offense (league offensive rating was 106.3 and the bulls rating was 106.1) was a really good offense.

But yeah, tell me more about scoring and not offense.

Then go with the 2011 Mavs which is recent NBA and post superteams. And to answer a previous question, I think the teams the 11 Mavericks beat are better than any set of teams the Warriors have ever faced. They beat the Lakers with Kobe/Pau. The Thunder with Durant/WB/Harden. And then the Heat with LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

And the Bulls offense was actually 106.85 in 94 but I was looking at the 95 season which is my bad.

But my other points still stand. You can't define how good an offensive duo is based solely or mostly on how the team performed offensively. And It makes no sense when one duo had a significantly better roster than the other.

It was 106.1....no clue where you're getting that number, but non the less it wasn't a good offense.

If the BEST offensive duo EVER with a roster of shooters around them can't crack +6 offensive rating over the league average, they're not the best offensive due ever. It would be one thing if the team had absolutely nothing around the two players though even then...the two best offensive guys ever would still likely be able to do something like that. but by no means were the lakers lacking offensive talent around them.

They did not have shooters around them. Robert Horry shot below 40% for 2001-3. That's not a good shooter and especially in an era where 3s weren't shot at a high level. Rick Fox is not a good shooter. He shot 33% or below from 3 in 5 of his 7 seasons with the Lakers. You can't use stats like offensive rating and then ignore shooting percentages.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,355

Post#83 » by Doctor MJ » Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 am

UcanUwill wrote:I know this must have been asked and talked about a lot, but lets see how that poll looks.

I'm assuming this is a question of what Curry wants deep down.

I think that Curry is a pretty wise dude and as such wasn't entirely sure whether the Warriors losing their beautiful game was due to Durant or not until this playoff run. Now it's really quite clear, and if I'm literally anyone on the Warriors, I don't want to give this up, even if it ends up costing them a series now and then.

It isn't even about personal glory - though that would be a factor to - so much as it is about the Golden State identity. I think everyone in the locker room, other than KD, wants to be remembered for playing like they are right now. This is a team that aesthetically iconic like the '14 Spurs, the SSOL Suns, the Showtime Lakers, the '70s Knicks, etc. The KD led team is just an overwhelming collection of talent.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#84 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 am

Warriors are so much more likeable without Durant. He just ruined it tbh.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#85 » by HEKTOR » Wed May 22, 2019 12:33 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Warriors are so much more likeable without Durant. He just ruined it tbh.

I agree with this.
I think if you're Steph you're good either way - but for his legacy (and KD's) it would be better if KD left for somewhere else.
I think this Warriors team with perhaps a couple of other guys taking KD's spot next year will still be a favorite to win the title.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#86 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 am

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

They did not have shooters around them. Robert Horry shot below 40% for 2001-3. That's not a good shooter and especially in an era where 3s weren't shot at a high level. Rick Fox is not a good shooter. He shot 33% or below from 3 in 5 of his 7 seasons with the Lakers. You can't use stats like offensive rating and then ignore shooting percentages.

You realize their teammates shooting is in part a result of their ability to get them open looks right? Those open looks create higher percentage shot which in turn create a better offense, assuming the stars actively seek open players and are excellent passers. This is why just looking at individual scoring isn't an accurate way to the offensive combo.
Hroz
Pro Prospect
And1: 468

Post#87 » by Hroz » Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 am

Yea I feel you need Giannis back I mean you're going to face Giannis or Kawhi in the finals
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#88 » by dr3am » Wed May 22, 2019 1:03 am

For the love of... Listen no NBA player or professional athlete for that matter care about some clowns on the internet saying how like able a team is with or without a certain player.

KD went to Golden State as a mercenary & he got what he wanted & that’s championships. Of course Steph wants him back. KD is a luxury to that team & extends his career longer.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#89 » by michaelm » Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 am

Ask him.

Even apart from anything else GSW are screwed without him next year with wear and tear and aging of their other core players whom they can also only te- sign with bird rights anyway, and absolutely no salary cap with which to sign any other recognised elite players.
Guest202
Sixth Man
And1: 1,245

Post#90 » by Guest202 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:Warriors are so much more likeable without Durant. He just ruined it tbh.

Makes it all the better when KD announces he's staying with GSW during the The Larry O'Brien ceremony next month. Extend their reign for another 3 to 4 years. Haters will break the internet. :banghead: :lol:
Guest202
Sixth Man

Post#91 » by Guest202 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:25 am

dr3am wrote:For the love of... Listen no NBA player or professional athlete for that matter care about some clowns on the internet saying how like able a team is with or without a certain player.

KD went to Golden State as a mercenary & he got what he wanted & that’s championships. Of course Steph wants him back. KD is a luxury to that team & extends his career longer.

Extends all of their careers. And it's such an overlooked benefit of KD, Curry, Klay and Dray retiring together. Early 30s these men will get fewer injuries, play fresher in the playoffs, and play at a higher level a solid 1-2 seasons longer. Their dynasty reign will extend into 2023. Patriots tier.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#92 » by donkeylips » Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 am

alienpick wrote:
donkeylips wrote:Warriors won’t have a max slot unless they let klay go this offseason or draymond go next off season. To answer the question, I think curry just wants to win

Don't they have all their bird rights? They can go over cap to resign them all.

I meant they won’t have a max slot to sign a different free agent
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#93 » by michaelm » Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 am

Doctor MJ wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I know this must have been asked and talked about a lot, but lets see how that poll looks.

I think that Curry is a pretty wise dude and as such wasn't entirely sure whether the Warriors losing their beautiful game was due to Durant or not until this playoff run. Now it's really quite clear, and if I'm literally anyone on the Warriors, I don't want to give this up, even if it ends up costing them a series now and then.

It isn't even about personal glory - though that would be a factor to - so much as it is about the Golden State identity. I think everyone in the locker room, other than KD, wants to be remembered for playing like they are right now. This is a team that aesthetically iconic like the '14 Spurs, the SSOL Suns, the Showtime Lakers, the '70s Knicks, etc. The KD led team is just an overwhelming collection of talent.

I think you underestimate how much Curry likes winning.
Vladimir777
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,121

Post#94 » by Vladimir777 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:55 am

If I were either of them, I’d never want to break up. They’re **** unstoppable together. Who cares about what people on the internet or newspapers say when you just keep on winning. It’s pure narcissism if their answers are different.

Then again, we’re talking about professional athletes, haha.

Honestly, none of us know what’s in their heads, so it’s a pointless question.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by gmoney411 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:33 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

You realize their teammates shooting is in part a result of their ability to get them open looks right? Those open looks create higher percentage shot which in turn create a better offense, assuming the stars actively seek open players and are excellent passers. This is why just looking at individual scoring isn't an accurate way to the offensive combo.

I realize those guys played on other teams and weren't consistently good shooters anywhere.

You can look at assists too. Kobe/Shaq and Klay/Curry both averaged around 8-9 combined a game. The Kobe/Shaq duo also has higher combined offensive win shares than any GS duo. You have to be able to point to some actual individual stats to show that the GS duo was the best offensive duo.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by gmoney411 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:41 am

michaelm wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:

I think you probably have no idea how much Curry likes winning.
Guest202
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by Guest202 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:44 am

Cousins and KD re-signing in June will be such comedy. Cousins clearly loves being on this squad and I think KD loves trolling salty haters. Villain KD is the best.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#98 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:54 am

gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:

I realize those guys played on other teams and weren't consistently good shooters anywhere.

You can look at assists too. Kobe/Shaq and Klay/Curry both averaged around 8-9 combined a game. The Kobe/Shaq duo also has higher combined offensive win shares than any GS duo. You have to be able to point to some actual individual stats to show that the GS duo was the best offensive duo.

At this point honestly...you've provided nothing towards your point and your constant just random making things up to argue has reached my limit. All the best man. Keep talking about points per game.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#99 » by michaelm » Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 am

gmoney411 wrote:
michaelm wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:

I think you probably have no idea how much Curry likes winning.

“I think” implies it is my opinion.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach

Post#100 » by gmoney411 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:59 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

At this point honestly...you've provided nothing towards your point and your constant just random making things up to argue has reached my limit. All the best man. Keep talking about points per game.

I just mentioned assists and offensive win shares. But it's against your point so it's "nothing."

I asked you for individual offensive stats regular or advanced to support your point and got actual nothing and a smart mouth comment about points per game which I haven't mentioned in a while. Posters like you make online debates worthless.

Return to The General Board