How would you describe your feelings toward what happened to Lebron in the last season?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

How would you describe your feelings toward what happened to Lebron in the last season?

I feel sorry for him
14%
I feel happy about it
47%
I don't care about it
38%

Total votes: 76

Bush4Ever
Sophomore
And1: 194

Re: How would you describe your feelings toward what happened to Lebron in the last season? 

Post#21 » by Bush4Ever » Wed May 22, 2019 2:29 pm

I'm relatively indifferent to it.

I think people who giggled in glee over an athlete's relative misfortune are kind of weird.

I'd rather celebrate the good of my team (Celtics) when applicable and find appreciation in all the great talent the league has today, which is greater than any point I've personally seen in real-time (I'm 34).
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,741

Re: How would you describe your feelings toward what happened to Lebron in the last season? 

Post#22 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 pm

The proper way to describe it is schadenfreude. It’s a German word because there isn’t an English word for it. Intense schadenfreude.
ReKon
Senior
And1: 429

Post#23 » by ReKon » Wed May 22, 2019 2:38 pm

I really don't care about it to be honest...

Because it's LA all the main stream media are going to report everything that happens. And as we saw recently with Zion they are going to try to push and sometimes enforce some sort of narrative. Hence why I don't care about main stream media and why I am not interested in what happens to LeBron or the Lakers... A multimillionaire athlete and a multibillion $ business that is.

I have been focusing more on what my team and Giannis does this season as he took the leap to put himself in the discussion for best player in the league.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#24 » by picc » Wed May 22, 2019 2:46 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:From a lakers fan standpoint- I don’t know how I’d feel knowing that arguably the GOAT Came to my team at the end of his career for reasons other than basketball. I know I’d be thrilled to have him but it’s bittersweet and that’s why this summer is so huge.

I know exactly how I felt about it. Pretty goddamn pissed.

Of course, i dont speak for all laker fans. Some of us just want to win regardless of principles, or how its done, or just dont have any ill feeling toward him at all. Which is normal.

Im just not one of those fans.

But aside from that, no opinion on the matter.
Carlos_Danger
Junior
And1: 623

Post#25 » by Carlos_Danger » Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Don't care. Actions have consequences and the consequences of choosing to join the Lakers were very, very predictable.

Clown show ownership, management, and roster even before signing questionable journeymen free agents last summer.

Should have joined another team in free agency. If location was important, pretty sure there's even another franchise in LA itself. Also pretty sure they play their games in the exact same arena. And don't have a clown show owner, management, or roster.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#26 » by NBAFan93 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 pm

For LeBron himself I feel kind of bad. Getting older sucks and so does finally hitting a wall and/or being faced w/ the reality that you aren’t invincible and capable of elite accomplishments in all situations. Might be the first time that he’s realized he can’t lead ANY team deep into the playoffs.

When I think of the pro-Lakers media machine that masquerades as “national sports coverage”, when they are really only care about one or two franchises, I am happy it happened. Serves those idiots right for forcing LeBron to the Lakers for all these years...
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#27 » by Warriorfan » Wed May 22, 2019 3:20 pm

It was Lebron's choice

I believe after his career is over he will be scoring champ, NBA owner and a billionaire so more power to him.
Lowtech801
Senior
And1: 177

Post#28 » by Lowtech801 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:08 pm

I don't get what there is to feel sorry about. He's the greatest player since Jordan. He's lived up to the hype from when he was coming into the league. But he also bought into his hype too much when he decided to go to the Lakers. Either that or winning became secondary to growing his other businesses. Maybe it works out in the end and they end up with another superstar and an allstar and get another ring or two. He's never gonna surpass Jordan but he might want to do a little more to keep others from surpassing him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,260

Post#29 » by PhilBlackson » Wed May 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Indifferent/don't care.

I mean don't get me wrong it is kinda nice with how entitled he's been pretty much his entire career that he didn't just get his way because he said so, so it was nice to see him somewhat humbled.

But I'm not "rooting" against him and hopeful that he crashes and burns. He's an absolute all-time great and as fans of this game we should love and appreciate the level of talent he is and puts on display year in and year out. Appreciate it while it's happening not only when he's washed up and walks away.

Having said that again I just want to see him have to deal with adversity like everyone else. No strong arming the Pelicans as he tried to mid-season with a trade package AT THE TIME was not worthy and it would be nice if great players weren't just easy pickings as they have been. Just want things in the NBA to be fair as they can be for everyone in the league. No "superteams"....great teams sure, but super where they're so unfairly lopsided with talent (as I know he's trying to make happen by recruiting Kawhi & successfully so with AD). Don't raise this to being even more ridiculous lack of parity, that's all I care about with LeBron & his camp. Other than that all the best to his success on his endeavours outside of the game, just don't ruin THIS game is all I think people ask.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#30 » by gflem » Wed May 22, 2019 11:27 pm

I voted happy not because I am a Cavs fan, but due to his roster meddling the Lakers quit on him, and after leaving Cleveland the first time he literally (almost) threw his teammates under the bus. Irony is its own reward.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#31 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 am

Got whate he deserved. Thought he could bolt to Hollywood and that a trash team would be easily made ibto a contender by coercing other players to force their way there for scraps.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,932

Post#32 » by Joshyjess » Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 am

I think you should change the question to "How would you describe your feelings toward what happened BECAUSE of Lebron..."
He brought that mess on himself, then he added to it by trying to arrange things to get Davis signed before the deadline. I can't remember the last time I saw a player make such an amazing mess. Rather impressive actually. But yeah, I'm pretty pleased. It made for some fun daytime drama (not that my Celtics weren't providing enough drama on their own).

Return to The General Board