All-NBA Teams announced

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Re: All-NBA Teams announced 

Post#161 » by Vlade Divac » Thu May 23, 2019 11:39 pm

I am so happy for Big Honey!
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,372

Post#162 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 pm

The writers are a joke, how can anyone give Wade or Bagley a vote knowing that there's so much money riding on these All-NBA selections. The players have to get this fixed.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#163 » by RyderMike » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 pm

JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Embid had 40 first team votes 57 second team vote and 4 third team votes. Apparently he got 101 votes on 100 ballots
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,843

Post#164 » by giberish » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 pm

GYK wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:
GYK wrote:I still believe the ALL-NBA teams should be the best 15 players. regardless of position. it should look exactly like the MVP voting.
but good teams.

Who missed out cause it’s not top 15 in your opinion?

no one in particular.
I do feel 1st team was Curry/Harden/George/Durant/GA
2nd Lebron/Lillard/Joel/Joker/Westbrook
Kyrie/Blake with a couple of players possible for 3rd team.
I just think position doesn't matter. 1st team should show the 5 best players every season.

I'd argue that going by positions really helped the guards this year at the expense of centers. Ignoring positions I'd go:
Harden/Giannis/George/Jokic/Durant
Embiid/Curry/Lillard/Gobert/Towns
Irving/LeBron/Kwahi/Blake/Vucevic (or Davis or LMA)

Ended up costing Towns money - to me he easily had a top-15 season but the center competition was very tough for 3 spots. Might make Kemba money.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#165 » by Phreak50 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:56 pm

Aldridge far more deserving than Blake.

He plays PF next to guys like Gasol, Poeltl as C
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#166 » by shza » Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 am

dive135 wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Wouldn’t be mad at him for believing his impact on both ends should of had him out do Kemba. Also winning and his regular season numbers sort of evening out

Yeah - I can appreciate his reasoning for thinking he deserved it.

If he really thinks he is better and deserves more he needs to lead a team, not be the 4th best player on a team. While its a bit unfair to him, since he is one of the best shooters in the game, really how much effort does he put in, it's not like he is leading his team, that's Curry and Durant. He needs to face it, as long as he is on GS he will be nothing more than a spot up shooter, who can't create his own offense and is assisted on almost every shot. Whether he deserves that rep or not.

I mean, he made 3rd team in ‘15 and ‘16 doing the same thing on GS, so I don’t know about all this “he needs to lead” and not be “on GS” in order to qualify. Yes, those years were pre-KD, but GS had three players on All-NBA teams then, just two now.
Young gun 6
Analyst
And1: 6,008

Post#167 » by Young gun 6 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 am

zimpy27 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
He has a reduced role. Everyone in GSW gets underrated because of how stacked the team is. It has frustrated every starter on the team except Curry (mostly the fans feel frustrated for him).

It's a normal human reaction to be upset by that news, teamwork is more of an altruistic greater good achievement that needs a few seconds to be rationalized.

reduced role? he just posted his highest FGA per game of his career. he's the one guy who's role has been unaffected by Durant coming. Steph/Dray have a way more right to complain about reduced anything.

I mean optically. He was the 3rd guy and then went to the 4th guy. Now Dray has dropped off this last RS giving Klay the chance to make an All-NBA team and again he gets overlooked. Last All-NBA team he made was before Durant came and his game hasn't dropped off.

His game has dropped off actually. He barely gave any effort on defense for the first 30 or so games of the season.

Before KD came he shot 43.9% from 3 and that dropped to 40.2% from 3 this year which is a big drop along with his FT % dropping from 87.9 to 81.6.

His PER dropped 4.2, TS dropped 2%, DWS dropped a fair bit since before KD came along with his OBPM, OWS, WS, DBPM, BPM, VORP and ORPM, DRPM and overall RPM.

Pretty much everything in his game as regressed since KD came and it’s not just a reduced (and easier) role doing that, it’s lack of effort/intensity which no one would blame him for when he doesn’t have to be locked in on either side of the court with how stacked the team is.
giberish
RealGM

Post#168 » by giberish » Fri May 24, 2019 12:13 am

shza wrote:
dive135 wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:

If he really thinks he is better and deserves more he needs to lead a team, not be the 4th best player on a team. While its a bit unfair to him, since he is one of the best shooters in the game, really how much effort does he put in, it's not like he is leading his team, that's Curry and Durant. He needs to face it, as long as he is on GS he will be nothing more than a spot up shooter, who can't create his own offense and is assisted on almost every shot. Whether he deserves that rep or not.

I mean, he made 3rd team in ‘15 and ‘16 doing the same thing on GS, so I don’t know about all this “he needs to lead” and not be “on GS” in order to qualify. Yes, those years were pre-KD, but GS had three players on All-NBA teams then, just two now.

GS busted ass all year long in '15 and '16. They were a much better regular season team those years then they were this season. That has to matter for all-NBA voting
giberish
RealGM

Post#169 » by giberish » Fri May 24, 2019 12:15 am

Phreak50 wrote:Aldridge far more deserving than Blake.

He plays PF next to guys like Gasol, Poeltl as C

He played about 90% of his minutes at C. It's a pretty big reach to call him a PF because of a few spot minutes here and there.
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#170 » by shza » Fri May 24, 2019 12:15 am

giberish wrote:
shza wrote:
dive135 wrote:

GS busted ass all year long in '15 and '16. They were a much better regular season team those years then they were this season. That has to matter for all-NBA voting

Of course, don’t disagree and definitely don’t disagree with Dray not making a team this year. I was really just responding to the other poster’s suggestion that Klay couldn’t make a team without going elsewhere, which is contrary to historical fact.
AleksandarN
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,383

Post#171 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 24, 2019 12:18 am

loserX wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:Anthony Davis got zero votes? ZERO? Something doesn't smell right here.

I mean he's no Marvin Bagley.

You are right he is no Bagley. Bagley didn’t give up on the team like AD. Some of those games AD looked he could care less and the effort on the court showed it. No way he deserved one vote. Mind you Bagley didn’t deserve it either
DFan
Rookie
And1: 740

Post#172 » by DFan » Fri May 24, 2019 12:22 am

Congrats to The Joker

:clap:
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#173 » by TheNewEra » Fri May 24, 2019 12:22 am

dive135 wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Wouldn’t be mad at him for believing his impact on both ends should of had him out do Kemba. Also winning and his regular season numbers sort of evening out

But he was putting up these same type numbers before KD got there. Can check his stats they have been amazing for some time and Curry changed the league but Klay was right there with him being the Pippen and making the Splash Bros a legit force.

Before KD I know the importance of role kind of flip flopped between Dray and Klay as 2nd best. The man was a key cog on a championship team it’s not like you can remove Klay and plug in Kemba and they instantly have the same success.

Biggest value is Klay is still even with his insane scoring capable of locking in against a teams best player. We’ve seen Klay have his lockdown moments this post season and he’s accepted the challenge even more with iggy out.
AleksandarN
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,383

Post#174 » by AleksandarN » Fri May 24, 2019 12:23 am

GYK wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:
GYK wrote:I still believe the ALL-NBA teams should be the best 15 players. regardless of position. it should look exactly like the MVP voting.
but good teams.

no one in particular.
I just think position doesn't matter. 1st team should show the 5 best players every season.

It is called All NBA TEAM. Not ALL NBA top 15 players
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#175 » by kuclas » Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 am

1bigfan13 wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:
1bigfan13 wrote:Wow....I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see that Jokic got the 1st team nod over Embiid.

I assumed Embiid's flash and polarizing personality would earn him extra points in the eyes of voters. Jokic was the better player though. And that really showed in the playoffs.

I’m not sure he’s the better player at all - Embiid was sick in the playoffs and the end result for both teams was the same - lost in 7 in the second round - so not sure it showed in the playoffs either.

Jokic got the nod cause of his availability IMO - Embiid missed a lot of games when he didn’t. Embiid defense >>>> Jokic defense. Jokic offense >> Embiid offense. Net result is Embiid +>>.

You mentioned yourself why myself and others would take Jokic over Embiid.

Durability.

True about durability. But it's funny denver fans make excuses for jokic in the playoffs cause his teammates couldn't hit 3 pointers in game 7. Embiid has a teammate who handles the ball most of the time who's never made an NBA 3 pointer. Jokic plays with Simmons he would have 2-3 less assists a game simply cause his open point guard won't shoot.

But embiid biggest impact is on the defensive end. Even with a crappy 2nd round injured/sick/Toronto defense. Embiid posted the largest plus minus in the series by a wide margin. He was out for 2 minutes and Toronto outscore sixers by 12 points in game 7. Embiid defensive presence is more significant than anyone else in the league. When he's out sixers defense collapses. Same cannot be true for jokic.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,532

Post#176 » by dhsilv2 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:48 am

miamiheat319 wrote:Figured I'd be one of the few in here to disagree with a lot of the selections. Even with his subpar defense Towns should've been on the third team at least. But, that's just one of my many grievances with these teams.

He's listed as a center and there are 3 no question not even debatable better choices in Jokic, Embiid, and Gobert. The "center" title is just deep right now.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#177 » by dhsilv2 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:49 am

NBAFan93 wrote:Not liking Gobert over KAT. Guess that got to give someone credit for Utah team success though.

KAT over Gobert would have been the worst snub of all time. When Gobert is out the jazz aren't the same team for a simple reason, Gobert is a top 10 nba player!
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#178 » by GYK » Fri May 24, 2019 12:49 am

AleksandarN wrote:
GYK wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:

no one in particular.

It is called All NBA TEAM. Not ALL NBA top 15 players

how does your post make sense mr. semantics? is it a full team? it's not called All NBA Starting 5. yet here we are. you annoy me.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#179 » by NBAFan93 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:57 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
NBAFan93 wrote:Not liking Gobert over KAT. Guess that got to give someone credit for Utah team success though.

KAT over Gobert would have been the worst snub of all time. When Gobert is out the jazz aren't the same team for a simple reason, Gobert is a top 10 nba player!

And the Wolves without KAT are fine? Lol. I don’t know the exact stats but I imagine there is a significant drop off when he’s out too - or do Wiggins and co. pick up the slack?

Gobert is no way a top 10 player. Sorry.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#180 » by dhsilv2 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 am

warriorschamps wrote:So Paul George was all NBA 1st team, Westbrook was all nba 3rd team, they had a solid center and some other nice pieces and that team couldn't get out of the 1st round? In fact they were only capable of winning one game in the series? lol. Hmm. Something is not adding up.

George was dealing with a rotator injury in the playoffs....nothing crazy at all.

Return to The General Board