Lebron would of won this game

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Re: Lebron would of won this game 

Post#121 » by Son Goku 25 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Please don't compare Giannis to Lebron.

Giannis isn't close to being there yet.
Read
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,296

Post#122 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri May 24, 2019 3:28 pm

BudenFerry wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
BudenFerry wrote:Dude couldn't even make the playoffs

Sent from my Pixel 3 using RealGM mobile app

It’s peculiar that this has so many and-1’s. Lebron’s team wasn’t good enough to hold it together without him was what actually happened. He’s obviously better than Giannis offensively and series’ like this one showcase as much. Him missing games doesn’t mean he wasn’t playing at a high level — in that top tier of basketball. This is a weird take, and unless it’s done tongue-in-cheek, it’s just pushing a lazy, inaccurate narrative.
How was their record once Lebron came back?

The Lakers had a favorable schedule at the beginning of the year which allowed them to accumulate a decent record before failing hard once the schedule got tougher.

A favorable schedule ? That’s just plainly untrue. Through the first 34 games that Lebron played before he went down, the Lakers faced Portland 3 times, San Antonio 4 times, Houston twice, Denver twice, and then Toronto, Utah, and GS once. They also faced Sacramento, Dallas(twice), Memphis(twice) and Orlando(twice) who were all at least at .500 when they played. So they played 9 playoff teams(including Brooklyn) through their first 34 games for a total of 17 games, and then a handful of games against teams that were playing good basketball at the time.

Moreover, there really wasn’t a clear correlation between the quality of competition they were facing and their wins/losses. 2-1 against POR, 1-3 against SAS(winnable games, though), 0-2 vs Houston, 1-1 vs Denver, 0-1 vs TOR, 2-0 vs Utah/GSW. They were inconsistent, but I don’t see how that’s fully Lebron’s fault — the coaching was suspect and they were trying to work out the kinks of a brand new team playing together. They were in most of these games, and in general they were up and down as far as who’d they’d beat and lose to.

He was still injured when he came back; that much was fairly obvious. He wasn’t moving close to the way he normally did/does, and there was some general rust from missing 17-18 games. The team was so heavily reliant on his high-level offensive production, which was made evident by their struggles without him.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#123 » by JellosJigglin » Fri May 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
BudenFerry wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
It’s peculiar that this has so many and-1’s. Lebron’s team wasn’t good enough to hold it together without him was what actually happened. He’s obviously better than Giannis offensively and series’ like this one showcase as much. Him missing games doesn’t mean he wasn’t playing at a high level — in that top tier of basketball. This is a weird take, and unless it’s done tongue-in-cheek, it’s just pushing a lazy, inaccurate narrative.
How was their record once Lebron came back?

The Lakers had a favorable schedule at the beginning of the year which allowed them to accumulate a decent record before failing hard once the schedule got tougher.

A favorable schedule ? That’s just plainly untrue. Through the first 34 games that Lebron played before he went down, the Lakers faced Portland 3 times, San Antonio 4 times, Houston twice, Denver twice, and then Toronto, Utah, and GS once. They also faced Sacramento, Dallas(twice), Memphis(twice) and Orlando(twice) who were all at least at .500 when they played. So they played 9 playoff teams(including Brooklyn) through their first 34 games for a total of 17 games, and then a handful of games against teams that were playing good basketball at the time.

Moreover, there really wasn’t a clear correlation between the quality of competition they were facing and their wins/losses. 2-1 against POR, 1-3 against SAS(winnable games, though), 0-2 vs Houston, 1-1 vs Denver, 0-1 vs TOR, 2-0 vs Utah/GSW. They were inconsistent, but I don’t see how that’s fully Lebron’s fault — the coaching was suspect and they were trying to work out the kinks of a brand new team playing together. They were in most of these games, and in general they were up and down as far as who’d they’d beat and lose to.

He was still injured when he came back; that much was fairly obvious. He wasn’t moving close to the way he normally did/does, and there was some general rust from missing 17-18 games. The team was so heavily reliant on his high-level offensive production, which was made evident by their struggles without him.

All facts. The team was 15-8 when all 3 of Lebron, Lonzo and Ingram played. The record isn't as eye-opening as the fact that they only played 23 games together, capped off by their victory against GS on xmas. That was their last game together.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
JamesDolan
Junior
And1: 231

Post#124 » by JamesDolan » Fri May 24, 2019 4:09 pm

35 year old LeBron hello no.. Prime LeBron maybe

Sent from my SM-S727VL using RealGM mobile app
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#125 » by LipSkinMatter » Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 pm

JamesDolan wrote:35 year old LeBron hello no.. Prime LeBron maybe

Sent from my SM-S727VL using RealGM mobile app

Lebron reverts back to a player very close to his absolute peak during the playoffs, even last season with the Cavs. So unless you think he fell off the cliff this season, this point makes no sense. Also, he isn't 35.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#126 » by mtcan » Fri May 24, 2019 5:02 pm

timO wrote:Lebron was 2-3 vs celtics (without irving and GH) last year.

Giannis has 2 more games too.

Celtics weren't really expected to do anything. Who was Lebron playing against? A bunch of guys still on their rookie contracts. In other words...Lebron was playing against children. If anything else...the Cavs should have swept the Celtics last year...what does that say about old man Lebron?

Giannis is playing against men...guys with playoff experience and have won championships.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#127 » by everdiso » Fri May 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Would HAVE won

Would HAVE won

Not

Would OF won
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."

Return to The General Board