Who Will Play GS Better, Bucks or Raps?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Who Will Play GS Better, Bucks or Raps? 

Post#1 » by nzahir » Fri May 24, 2019 5:38 am

Who will give GS more of a run in the finals or even beat them between the Bucks and Raps? Give me your reasoning.

Biggest flaw for bucks: Halfcourt offense is a mess, GS is able to stick with shooters.

Biggest flaw for raps: Not enough offensive firepower on a consistent level. Kawhi will be consistently great. But when GS goes on a parabolic run in the span of 3 min, who can Toronto trust to help Kawhi? Lowry and Siakam are inconsistent themselves, let alone FVV, Green, and Marc (idk wtf has happened to him).

Maybe both teams will be able to score easier since GS isn't as long or big on defense, but I am worried for both teams
NiL8r87
Pro Prospect
And1: 832

Re: Who Will Play GS Better, Bucks or Raps? 

Post#2 » by NiL8r87 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:41 am

nzahir wrote:Who will give GS more of a run in the finals or even beat them between the Bucks and Raps? Give me your reasoning.

Biggest flaw for bucks: Halfcourt offense is a mess, GS is able to stick with shooters.

Biggest flaw for raps: Not enough offensive firepower on a consistent level. Kawhi will be consistently great. But when GS goes on a parabolic run in the span of 3 min, who can Toronto trust to help Kawhi? Lowry and Siakam are inconsistent themselves, let alone FVV, Green, and Marc (idk wtf has happened to him).

Maybe both teams will be able to score easier since GS isn't as long or big on defense, but I am worried for both teams

No team GS has played can defend like either team.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Post#3 » by Optms » Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 am

NiL8r87 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Who will give GS more of a run in the finals or even beat them between the Bucks and Raps? Give me your reasoning.

And neither team has played anything like Golden State. Their offense is poetry and virtually unstoppable. That and they're elite defensively. Its a wrap.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,107

Post#4 » by JB2 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 am

Drake
NiL8r87
Pro Prospect
And1: 832

Post#5 » by NiL8r87 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:50 am

Optms wrote:
NiL8r87 wrote:

And neither team has played anything like Golden State. Their offense is poetry and virtually unstoppable. That and they're elite defensively. Its a wrap.

I'd fully expect them to beat either team, I just don't expect it to be a cakewalk. Raps have the ability to put both wings on Curry and Thompson.
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#6 » by -G- » Fri May 24, 2019 5:50 am

Bucks
nzahir
RealGM

Post#7 » by nzahir » Fri May 24, 2019 5:53 am

-G- wrote:Bucks

Y?

I want reasoning
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Post#8 » by Optms » Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 am

NiL8r87 wrote:
Optms wrote:
NiL8r87 wrote:

I'd fully expect them to beat either team, I just don't expect it to be a cakewalk. Raps have the ability to put both wings on Curry and Thompson.

Personally I think the Bucks match up better. They have the defensive length and offensive pace to give the Warriors fits.

The Raptors are just as impressive defensively but because they're so dependent on Kawhi on offense: they cannot put him on Curry without wearing him out. And chasing around Thompson through screens won't help him much either.

Bucks have a better shot but it looks like they won't get to see it unless they can win the series.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,541

Post#9 » by SFour » Fri May 24, 2019 5:55 am

Kawhi....no explanation needed
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,883

Post#10 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 am

Raptors.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#11 » by RaptorsLife » Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 am

Raptors got the defense and the best player in the series
Raptors til death
KrisPol
Junior
And1: 350

Post#12 » by KrisPol » Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 am

Both teams lucky if they win more than 1 game
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#13 » by Scott Hall » Fri May 24, 2019 6:02 am

Casual fans don't realize the Raps are playing 2004 Pistons level defense these playoffs that's how they've
survived slumping players and injuries.

No offense to Portland (without Nurkic), Houston and the Clippers but the Raptors won't be a pushover.
Kawhi and the old Spurs had a 3-1 lead (or so I thought couldn't remember) on the Warriors before he got Zaza'd.

As for the Bucks they actually matchup better with GS then they do the Raps
nzahir
RealGM

Post#14 » by nzahir » Fri May 24, 2019 6:05 am

Scott Hall wrote:Casual fans don't realize the Raps are playing 2004 Pistons level defense these playoffs that's how they've

No offense to Portland (without Nurkic), Houston and the Clippers but the Raptors won't be a pushover.
Kawhi and the old Spurs had a 3-1 lead on the Warriors before he got Zaza'd.

Why don't raps much up as well in your opinion?

Can go small with:
Lowry, FVV/Powell, Green, Kawhi, Siakam

Can go big with:
Lowry, Green, Kawhi, Siakam, Gasol/Ibaka

Hope OG could come back, but not sure, also worry a bit about him on offense.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#15 » by xdrta+ » Fri May 24, 2019 6:08 am

Scott Hall wrote:Casual fans don't realize the Raps are playing 2004 Pistons level defense these playoffs that's how they've

In what universe? Kawhi went out in the first game and the Warriors swept the series 4-0.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#16 » by TheBoi10 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:08 am

Raptors in 5
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#17 » by ken6199 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:10 am

If Buckers won tonight, it would have been Bucks.

But Raptors won, so I say Raptors.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#18 » by Scott Hall » Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 am

xdrta+ wrote:

In what universe? Kawhi went out in the first game and the Warriors swept the series 4-0.

Was it? I know I've heard horror stories of Kawhi giving GS some problems in the past.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#19 » by everdiso » Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 am

Bucks have glad I g holes - Giannis and Bledsoe can't shoot 3s, mirotic/lopez/ilya can't defend the perimeter.

Raps don t have those holes. Everyone can shoot and defend.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Mean_Streets
Pro Prospect
And1: 337

Post#20 » by Mean_Streets » Fri May 24, 2019 6:21 am

Bucks to me seem to match up better than the Raptors, they have more size, more capable defenders on Curry, more depth, and believe it or not they actually have a better Defensive rating than Toronto this postseason.

It has been mentioned before, but the Raptors besides Kawhi don't have a consistent scorer, and they are not very deep.

Return to The General Board