2019 NBA Finals Thread, Part 3: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | SERIES TIED AT 1

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who's getting those rings?

Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 6
14%
Warriors in 7
6%
Raps in 4
18%
Raps in 5
20%
Raps in 6
16%
Raps in 7
19%

Total votes: 200

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,187

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread, Part 3: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | RAPS LEAD 1-0 

Post#21 » by Tron Carter » Fri May 31, 2019 1:30 pm

was last night at least fun to watch for warriors fans? ya know, with all the ball movement and no kd?
R.I.P Black Mamba
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread, Part 3: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | RAPS LEAD 1-0 

Post#22 » by Klayforspicy » Fri May 31, 2019 1:41 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

theyre gonna keep moving this date back. Ill believe it when i see it.

If KD comes back I'll have great respect for him.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#23 » by Anti Chalmers » Fri May 31, 2019 1:45 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol imagine Warriors being down 3-0 and KD coming back to carry them for another championship
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,865

Post#24 » by Duffman100 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:46 pm

Anti Chalmers wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol imagine Warriors being down 3-0 and KD coming back to carry them for another championship

KD's dream moment.

The gives the middle finger and leaves for NY.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,865

Post#25 » by Duffman100 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:47 pm

will wrote:Clay's shot. Damn, son. The small amount of time and space required for him. Incredible.

And Curry, obviously. You can't give EITHER one a second of daylight.

I thought FVV did a fantastic job of just gluing to curry.
GusT15
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,272

Post#26 » by GusT15 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Brandon_Roy wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Game 4 marks exactly one month from his injury and that would mean the tear in his calf muscle was actually a Grade 2 calf strain and not a Grade 1 as they first said.

I don't think they missed the length of the torn muscle in the MRI so reports that the injury was worse than Warriors said it was will be proven accurate.

One month for a grade 2 is a totally reasonable recovery time.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#27 » by will » Fri May 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
will wrote:Clay's shot. Damn, son. The small amount of time and space required for him. Incredible.

And Curry, obviously. You can't give EITHER one a second of daylight.

I thought FVV did a fantastic job of just gluing to curry.

Touche.

Slithering around. Those two buggers. FVV on Curry. Danny G on Clay.

One game at a time.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,221

Post#28 » by niQ » Fri May 31, 2019 1:56 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Brandon_Roy wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Game 4 marks exactly one month from his injury and that would mean the tear in his calf muscle was actually a Grade 2 calf strain and not a Grade 1 as they first said.

I don't think they missed the length of the torn muscle in the MRI so reports that the injury was worse than Warriors said it was will be proven accurate.

Would he risk re-injuring it again though? I mean, he's got a BIG contract waiting for him, wherever he goes... Calf muscles are funny...
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#29 » by Klayforspicy » Fri May 31, 2019 1:58 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Brandon_Roy wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Its a lot to ask to come back from a grade 2 sprain/tear and then play in an NBA finals against very physical defensive team, but obviously their medical team has a better grasp on the situation ..
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#30 » by Vlade Divac » Fri May 31, 2019 1:58 pm

One theme which was very present in all GSW players and coaches post game interviews was light note along the lines of - unfamiliarity with deeper understanding what Raptors are and nuances of their game. Felt like they were all shell-shocked and surprised.

That is the most amateurish excuse I've ever seen. I know that most posters on this board outside of Toronto and most of "experts" of ESPN, DO NOT watch Raptors and have preconceived notions of Raptors being chokers and only a regular season team. For NBA fans here its laughable but acceptable, but for professional "experts" it only defines their expertise. But seriously it is complete another level if an NBA team, coaches and players don't have it now when every single **** play is analyzed into oblivion. That just tells you how cocky and overconfident the bunch from Oakland is. LOL to them.
peralta
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#31 » by peralta » Fri May 31, 2019 2:05 pm

when they were flashing the score on the screen I swear i thought i saw the Rockets logo used for the Raptors..maybe i was trippin lol
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,851

Post#32 » by No-more-rings » Fri May 31, 2019 2:05 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think Warriors might be in trouble if this is the case. I don't think they'll lose 3 in a row, but going down 2-1 seems likely and that'll be tough to come back from against a team like this.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,221

Post#33 » by niQ » Fri May 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Boo Klay, I hope you have a terrible day.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,337

Post#34 » by SpreeS » Fri May 31, 2019 2:07 pm

Baski wrote:
knuckles862 wrote:
Baski wrote:
Nah that's not what happened. What happened was that Kawhi got trapped so much that his cast like Siakam was allowed to get great shots and go off, while Curry simply failed to do the same. No such thing as getting carried here. Ask Ws fans they'll tell you.

Carried was a stretch but the last part isn't true curry passed out of the trap but other than Klay the warriors have no other shooters available. While everyone on the raptors is capable of shooting

I would've agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but I've been taught that this is how it works. When a star struggles and is trapped/doubled, you gotta give all credit for his teammates stepping up to him. When his teammates shoot like crap, that isn't an excuse because he simply failed to leverage his gravity enough. I'm as shocked as you are but thems the rules in Curryland.
Who knows maybe Klay and the others will play better and then all the credit can go to Curry again, but for this game at least, Kawhi simply helped his team more than Curry did :-D

Hahahaha... what are you eating or smoking?

TOR players who cannt shoot from 3 - none
GSW players who cannt shoot from 3 - Livingston, Bell, Looney. Also all 8 TOR main rotation players are better shooters than Green and Iggy.
GusT15
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,272

Post#35 » by GusT15 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:10 pm

Brandon_Roy wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Brandon_Roy wrote:theyre gonna keep moving this date back. Ill believe it when i see it.

Its a lot to ask to come back from a grade 2 sprain/tear and then play in an NBA finals against very physical defensive team, but obviously their medical team has a better grasp on the situation ..

I mean,they did clear Cousins 1 month and a half after a torn quad muscle so it wouldn't surprise me if they clear KD as well.

But yeah,just like Cousins,we are talking minutes restriction and KD not at 100%.Obviously not the 10 minutes Cousins played yesterday but it will require careful monitoring for sure.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#36 » by Baski » Fri May 31, 2019 2:13 pm

SpreeS wrote:
Baski wrote:
knuckles862 wrote:
Carried was a stretch but the last part isn't true curry passed out of the trap but other than Klay the warriors have no other shooters available. While everyone on the raptors is capable of shooting

I would've agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but I've been taught that this is how it works. When a star struggles and is trapped/doubled, you gotta give all credit for his teammates stepping up to him. When his teammates shoot like crap, that isn't an excuse because he simply failed to leverage his gravity enough. I'm as shocked as you are but thems the rules in Curryland.
Who knows maybe Klay and the others will play better and then all the credit can go to Curry again, but for this game at least, Kawhi simply helped his team more than Curry did :-D

Hahahaha... what are you eating or smoking?

TOR players who cannt shoot from 3 - none
GSW players who cannt shoot from 3 - Livingston, Bell, Looney. Also all 8 TOR main rotation players are better shooters than Green and Iggy.

Nope. It was simply a case of Kawhi unleashing his gravity powers while Curry didn't. it's really that simple
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,746

Post#37 » by metafisical » Fri May 31, 2019 2:14 pm

peralta wrote:when they were flashing the score on the screen I swear i thought i saw the Rockets logo used for the Raptors..maybe i was trippin lol

You were trippin'.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
cavs4life03
Starter
And1: 782

Post#38 » by cavs4life03 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:16 pm

It's only game 1 but Toronto needs to stay focused. Loved what I saw yesterday.

Sent from my LM-V350 using RealGM mobile app
young players + cap space + draft picks = bright future
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#39 » by TheGOATWill » Fri May 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Great energy throughout by Toronto. Got every 50/50 ball. The difference in the game to me. I worry about them being able to sustain it. They looked gassed at the end. This is going to be a great series.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#40 » by Vlade Divac » Fri May 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Jalen and Stephen A. are going hard on each other about the series on ESPN's First Take. Jalen and Max Keleman are discussing like they are die hard Raptors fans. Jalen flat out said Raptors are better!

Return to The General Board