2019 NBA Finals Thread, Part 3: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | SERIES TIED AT 1

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who's getting those rings?

Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 6
14%
Warriors in 7
6%
Raps in 4
18%
Raps in 5
20%
Raps in 6
16%
Raps in 7
19%

Total votes: 200

tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread, Part 3: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | RAPS LEAD 1-0 

Post#81 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:30 pm

This Is looking real 2004 Finalsish
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,184

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread, Part 3: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | RAPS LEAD 1-0 

Post#82 » by RaptorHooter » Fri May 31, 2019 5:37 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Would Raptors visit White house if they win the championship?

Yeah? The team is all Americans lol

Raptors from England, Congo, Cameroon, St. Lucia/Canada and Spain, so not all American.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#83 » by TheBoi10 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:40 pm

Raptors in 5. Warriors don't have the requiste scoring without KD. Warriors defense can't guard Toronto.

Sixers>Bucks>Warriors w/o KD
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#84 » by Teen Girl Squad » Fri May 31, 2019 5:40 pm

I think the tactical mistake GS made was worrying too much about Kawhi. I think a more logical approach is to play the Steve Nash defense and more or less let Kawhi get his on high volume (which he may not be able to consistently do) and focus on slowing down the rest of the Raptors. A lot of their points came off of defensive breakdowns with all of the focus defenders were putting on him. Not sure what they do offensively differently though. As far as Toronto adjustments goes, there's not much you'd want to do differently, but I'd be concerned that Leonard looks slow out there at times and adjust things to make it easier for him. Everyone going off in game 1 should help the defense spread at least.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,866

Post#85 » by Duffman100 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:45 pm

Teen Girl Squad wrote:I think the tactical mistake GS made was worrying too much about Kawhi. I think a more logical approach is to play the Steve Nash defense and more or less let Kawhi get his on high volume (which he may not be able to consistently do) and focus on slowing down the rest of the Raptors. A lot of their points came off of defensive breakdowns with all of the focus defenders were putting on him. Not sure what they do offensively differently though. As far as Toronto adjustments goes, there's not much you'd want to do differently, but I'd be concerned that Leonard looks slow out there at times and adjust things to make it easier for him. Everyone going off in game 1 should help the defense spread at least.

I'm a litte surprised they didn't start Looney and put him on Siakam. Philly was successful by putting Embiid on him (big body, moves his feet, etc).
Maximus74
Ballboy
And1: 47

Post#86 » by Maximus74 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:46 pm

RaptorHooter wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:

I doubt any of these guys like Trump and Masai is close to Obama. Watch them have a celebration with Obama instead. Besides, the WH serves fastfood to their guests these days.
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time...
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by RaptorHooter » Fri May 31, 2019 5:47 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Teen Girl Squad wrote:I think the tactical mistake GS made was worrying too much about Kawhi. I think a more logical approach is to play the Steve Nash defense and more or less let Kawhi get his on high volume (which he may not be able to consistently do) and focus on slowing down the rest of the Raptors. A lot of their points came off of defensive breakdowns with all of the focus defenders were putting on him. Not sure what they do offensively differently though. As far as Toronto adjustments goes, there's not much you'd want to do differently, but I'd be concerned that Leonard looks slow out there at times and adjust things to make it easier for him. Everyone going off in game 1 should help the defense spread at least.

I'm a litte surprised they didn't start Looney and put him on Siakam. Philly was successful by putting Embiid on him (big body, moves his feet, etc).

Don't forget Siakam injured his calf messing with Embid, he's almost unstoppable at full health.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,471

Post#88 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 31, 2019 5:50 pm

I agree, especially with Iguodala (assuming he is healthy). I'd play Leonard straight up with Iguodala and live with the results.
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach

Post#89 » by Teen Girl Squad » Fri May 31, 2019 5:53 pm

RaptorHooter wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Don't forget Siakam injured his calf messing with Embid, he's almost unstoppable at full health.

Unstoppable is a bit much but as Philly/Bucks learned, you can't treat him as a non-factor and let him get off. Now GS doesn't have anyone quite like Embiid/Giannis to put on him but some combo of Looney/Draymond should help there.
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by RaptorHooter » Fri May 31, 2019 5:57 pm

Teen Girl Squad wrote:
RaptorHooter wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Unstoppable is a bit much but as Philly/Bucks learned, you can't treat him as a non-factor and let him get off. Now GS doesn't have anyone quite like Embiid/Giannis to put on him but some combo of Looney/Draymond should help there.

I meant unstoppable one on one, unless you watched every Raps game you wouldn't believe how much Spicy improved week to week, it's been incredible watching him this year.
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach

Post#91 » by Teen Girl Squad » Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 pm

RaptorHooter wrote:
Teen Girl Squad wrote:
RaptorHooter wrote:

I meant unstoppable one on one, unless you watched every Raps game you wouldn't believe how much Spicy improved week to week, it's been incredible watching him this year.

He's been quite the story this year and it must be really gratifying for Raps fans to have a guy like him show off on the biggest stage. Even with his growth, this is still an outlier game for any player, let alone someone so relatively young. I'm just tempering my reactions to one game and not ready to anoint Pascal as the Raptor's second superstar quite yet. The Warriors definitely underestimated how good he is if you let him make his moves etc...
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#92 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:07 pm

RaptorHooter wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:

Raptors from England, Congo, Cameroon, St. Lucia/Canada and Spain, so not all American.

Yes - am aware
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM

Post#93 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:09 pm

Per Sports media Watch, Game 1 had the lowest ratings in a decade. Yikes
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#94 » by Son Goku 25 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:09 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: Warriors, Spurs, Bucks, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, Sixers fans all jump for joy

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with what other teams fans think or want.

You are in the Finals and up 1-0.

Try focussing a bit more on where your team is and what is at stake and less with what goes through the mind of other teams fans.

Unless you can't enjoy your team's success if it's not in contrast to someone else's misery/expense.

And if that's the case,i can't really relate,so,i guess,enjoy basketball any way you can friend.

:dontknow:

Actually, the opposite. Being a Raptors fan for however long I've been, I know a thing or two about the dark days, so I'm grateful to be in the finals facing arguably the GOAT team built.

I'm just here to stand up for my fellow Raptor fans. Glad you're enjoying the playoffs as well. :D
Read
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by RaptorHooter » Fri May 31, 2019 6:12 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
RaptorHooter wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:

Yes - am aware

Sorry, missed the sarcasm on first read.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM

Post#96 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:15 pm

RaptorHooter wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
RaptorHooter wrote:

Yes - am aware

It wasnt sarcasm, but do you think the team would visist 24 Sussex instead?
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,713

Post#97 » by nzahir » Fri May 31, 2019 6:19 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:Raptors in 5. Warriors don't have the requiste scoring without KD. Warriors defense can't guard Toronto.

Sixers>Bucks>Warriors w/o KD

Not so fast, KD likely back Gsme 3 or 4.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#98 » by soxfan2003 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:22 pm

Maximus74 wrote:
RaptorHooter wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:

I doubt any of these guys like Trump and Masai is close to Obama. Watch them have a celebration with Obama instead. Besides, the WH serves fastfood to their guests these days.

Am I missing something... I suspect these guys don't like Trump but it would be disrespectful I think for Trump or Obama or any US President to offer a trip to the White House for the Toronto Raptors.

I would think Justin Trudeau would be meeting with them somewhere. Trump/Obama whoever offering up a congratulatory tweet would be fine and probably right thing to do but the official government visit should be in Canada if Raptors win it.
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by RaptorHooter » Fri May 31, 2019 6:23 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
RaptorHooter wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Yes - am aware

It wasnt sarcasm, but do you think the team would visist 24 Sussex instead?

Trump doesn't like BB players, I don't think either team will be invited for bergers.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,775

Post#100 » by picc » Fri May 31, 2019 6:23 pm

Chuck and Grant are right. Make one legged Kawhi scorch one legged Iggy for 40 to win.

Return to The General Board