Kevin Durant Achilles Injury Mega-Thread (Keep discussion here, please)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 18,977

Re: Kevin Durant Achilles Injury Mega-Thread (Keep discussion here, please) 

Post#1141 » by Pharmcat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:41 am

clyde21 wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
EVeRy OnE iS UNiTeD

ya'll were **** cheering the injury last night, acting like you give two **** about KD.

Which of these facts do you disagree with?

- He was cleared to by play by the Warriors
- He was cleared to play BY HIS OWN STAFF
- He went through full practice without issue
- He himself said he was ready to play

Lol, you keep repeating yourself to try change the subject and try to make us mad or something?

Fact is, Warriors did a s*** thing and f'ed up. Learn to accept it.

how am I changing the subject? im literally giving you the facts about the subject.

i'll ask you again, since you seem to be ignoring them on purpose:

Jalen Rose said one of the practice did not go well, people should have listened to him .
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#1142 » by zhenyasj » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 am

13th Man wrote:
zhenyasj wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Good points. Very interesting. Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Sure, I'll play along:
There's always been something off about Raptors fans that has rubbed me the wrong way and now I know why. It starts from the top and trickles all the way down from the organization that doesn't show loyalty to players that made it relevant. Then there's lack of basketball knowledge and constant insecurity about being irrelevant in the US dominated basketball market.
Kawhi deserves better than this.

C'mon you can do better than that, none of that strikes a nerve. The insecurities come from all you guys trying to seek out apologies from us. Just LOL. The Warriors are 100% to blame for KD's injury, we owe you nothing.

Apologies for what? Nobody owes anything to anybody, but trolling is unnecessary.
HollowEarth
Starter
And1: 2,071

Post#1143 » by HollowEarth » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 am

lakerz12 wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
It's both. They failed to sit him because they weren't smart enough to figure out that he shouldn't play.

The two go hand in hand.

It was their responsibility to figure out that he shouldn't play and to force him to sit. They failed to do both.

Thankfully we have so many posters on RealGM that are smarter than trained medical professionals. Maybe the Warriors will hire some of you guys during the off season after this debacle. :nod:

Terrible argument.

We're not claiming we could do their job, we're only claiming that they should be held responsible for not doing theirs!

Check out all the jokes in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1849653

That's prior to KD getting injured. Now we know the outcome of playing Durant. Outcome bias is affecting people's responses. Loads of folks in this thread are saying that it was obvious Durant shouldn't play.

Yeah, it's obvious now. Maybe, it'll come out in the future that something sinister happened. For now, I'm just going to mourn. I hope Durant can bounce back from this. If not physically, then emotionally.
TrustFundBaby
Head Coach
And1: 19,762

Post#1144 » by TrustFundBaby » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:48 am

zhenyasj wrote:
13th Man wrote:
zhenyasj wrote:This board has gone to hell with these clown posts. For some reason 90% are coming from Toronto fans. Stop trolling and enjoy finally being relevant.

Sure, I'll play along:
There's always been something off about Raptors fans that has rubbed me the wrong way and now I know why. It starts from the top and trickles all the way down from the organization that doesn't show loyalty to players that made it relevant. Then there's lack of basketball knowledge and constant insecurity about being irrelevant in the US dominated basketball market.

Complains about troll posts on the GB

Posts this ****

Can't make this up
mkot
General Manager
And1: 1,234

Post#1145 » by mkot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 am

radeonboy wrote:

Agree with Shannon 1000%

Player union needs to establish a team of doctor of their own for player to go to when needed.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer

Post#1146 » by zhenyasj » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 am

TrustFundBaby wrote:
zhenyasj wrote:
13th Man wrote:

Sure, I'll play along:

Complains about troll posts on the GB

Posts this ****

Can't make this up

Sarcasm is being lost on somebody. Read the original quote I was responding to.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,110

Post#1147 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:54 am

Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
Lol, you keep repeating yourself to try change the subject and try to make us mad or something?

Fact is, Warriors did a s*** thing and f'ed up. Learn to accept it.

how am I changing the subject? im literally giving you the facts about the subject.

Jalen Rose said one of the practice did not go well, people should have listened to him .

if the practices didn't go well there's no way he would've been out there

i mean, do you really think his people would even allow that? come on. :roll:
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#1148 » by Pharmcat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 am

clyde21 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

durant needs to evaluate "his people" and whose interests they have in mind, because it sure as heck doesnt seem like it was Durants. Where was his agent all this time coming to his defense to give a more definitive timeframe and answers than what GSW was providing? Other than Perkins and Rose, and what Max and Shannon was saying on TV, it seems like no one had Durants best interests in mind. Durant should really reconsider his inner circle and make some changes
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#1149 » by Hero » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 am

A day after and no update on the injury?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1150 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 am

Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

durant needs to evaluate "his people" and whose interests they have in mind, because it sure as heck doesnt seem like it was Durants. Where was his agent all this time coming to his defense to give a more definitive timeframe and answers than what GSW was providing? Other than Perkins and Rose, and what Max and Shannon was saying on TV, it seems like no one had Durants best interests in mind. Durant should really reconsider his inner circle and make some changes

or maybe you're just making things up as you go along and you have no clue what happened?

yea, I'm leaning towards that.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,460

Post#1151 » by Bankai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:03 am

zhenyasj wrote:
13th Man wrote:
zhenyasj wrote:Sure, I'll play along:

C'mon you can do better than that, none of that strikes a nerve. The insecurities come from all you guys trying to seek out apologies from us. Just LOL. The Warriors are 100% to blame for KD's injury, we owe you nothing.

Apologies for what? Nobody owes anything to anybody, but trolling is unnecessary.

What trolling? He just said that Shannon Sharpe and other Analysts pin this on the Warriors because such and such and he agrees with it.

I know it's the "cool thing" or mob mentality to hate on Raptor Fans right now, but let's not go there please.
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#1152 » by Pharmcat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 am

clyde21 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

or maybe you're just making things up as you go along and you have no clue what happened?

pretty sure Jalen was proven right when Durant blew out his achilles in game 5. Did he make stuff up too? :roll: :roll: :roll:
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#1153 » by MeloRoseNoah » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 am

Hero wrote:A day after and no update on the injury?

Yes, complete tear of Achilles tendon. 12 months min for recovery.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#1154 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 am

Guess all the hype over KDs return paid off in big ratings. 37% increase in ratings between game 4 and 5 - biggest ever jump between a game 4 and 5...and excludes Canadian ratings:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254157/Ratings-For-Game-5-Of-Finals-Jumps-37-Percent-From-Game-4

I feel sleazy even being a part of it even though I would have been watching either way.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1155 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 am

Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

pretty sure Jalen was proven right when Durant blew out his achilles in game 5. Did he make stuff up too? :roll: :roll: :roll:

proven right about what? that Durant's team trotted him out there even though he didn't couldn't get thru practice? :lol:
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#1156 » by Pharmcat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:38 am

clyde21 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

proven right about what? that Durant's team trotted him out there even though he didn't couldn't get thru practice? :lol:

That he wasnt ready to play and shouldn't have been out there
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#1157 » by enigmatics » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 am

ccameron wrote:Going forward this sucks for KD, but at the moment, the way this whole series has played out, I can't think of a scenario that would do more for his popularity right now that this.

1) This series has showed how much KD meant to the Warriors
2) The Achilles injury puts to rest any question that his injury wasn't serious
3) Ultimate selfless move by playing, risking likely injury, even though it could seriously affect his free agency, he has almost no chance of winning FMVP,
4) Everyone and the media is now coming to KD's defense in this whole situation as someone wronged by the organization, and the Warriors have no choice but to agree and say how selfless Durant is or else they look even worse
5) KD did this for the team despite the fact that the Warriors org hasn't really stood up for him recently, and now if he leaves GS he will be perfectly justified, and if he stays he is being loyal despite the fact that the organization has not treated him well, whereas before if he left he was selfishly looking for individual accolades, and if he stayed he was continuing to take the easy way out.

This is honestly doing more for his popularity than even winning a FMVP would. Nothing else could have overcome the longstanding perception that he was the kind of person who would put himself before the team, which has been probably the biggest thing that has bothered him. It's too bad because the rest of his career is thrown into question, and I'm sure he is not happy about it, but I'm sure he is aware of this side of it, too.

No offense, but all that should be filed under "things that don't really matter".

Let's see, popularity contest among fickle media and NBA fans or a Hall of Fame career, possibility of more titles, and sustained high level play for years to come? Hmmmmmmm. The kind of incompetence surrounding his injury basically robbed him of the latter.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer

Post#1158 » by zhenyasj » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 am

Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

That he wasnt ready to play and shouldn't have been out there

Rose was commenting about last Thursday's practice I believe. There were more practices prior to yesterday's game, and people who saw KD go through pre-game warm ups said that he looked good.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#1159 » by enigmatics » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 am

Pharmcat wrote:Jalen Rose said one of the practice did not go well, people should have listened to him .

Raja Bell said the same thing watching him.
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#1160 » by durka » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 am

clyde21 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Are you trying to argue that Durant should have been playing and the injury he had now isn't related to the one that kept him out in the past month?

If you're not then how can you argue against the fact that the warriors completely screwed him by letting him play. Every athlete wants to play in these situations, it's the medical staff that the team pays who are the ones that need to be able to tell them if they are physically able too. The warriors were either incompetent or negligent in this situation.

Genuinely would like to know if you seriously don't think the GSW are at fault here?

Return to The General Board