Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here 

Post#841 » by Egg Nog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm

binjumper wrote:Mods must on vacation still keeping this thread open. Nothing is good is coming from it. Guess mods raptors fans too lmao.

This is great though...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hey-toronto-help-support-kd039s-charity-foundation
Middle Child
Pro Prospect
And1: 811

Post#842 » by Middle Child » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Can’t believe some of you are still defending this behavior.

Scum at its finest. I cannot believe sports is doing this to people.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#843 » by binjumper » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Middle Child wrote:Can’t believe some of you are still defending this behavior.

No one is defending that behavior. Selective reading much. All people are saying is a select few bad apple shouldn't represent the whole. Jesus is that such a wrong statement to make?
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Post#844 » by GameChannel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Yorkex wrote:I have about 50 people on my Facebook that have never posted anything basketball related or talked about ball in person but yet every game they find themselves downtown. It has turned into a circus with maybe 3 in 10 being actual Raptors fans or NBA fans in general. Even my mom is talking about Raptors.
When masses gather, there is always going to be idiots involved as well. Real fans can't even afford tickets lool

Context: It is well-established with a lot of Raps fans on these forums that I am a Torontonian who is a lifelong Spurs fan and doesn't support the Raptors in any capacity. My friends, coworkers, my own brother know it too and rub it in my face whenever the Raps win cuz they know I despise Kawhi for what happened with the Spurs.

Now the story: This one guy at work came to me today and this is how the conversation went:

He: So.. you ready to celebrate tonight???
Me: Tonight? what's happening tonight?
He: Raptors are winning the championship baby! We the North! Kyle Leonard is the King of the North!!
Me: Oh, is the game tonight? I thought it would be tomorrow or on Friday.. ? and the guys name is not Ky...
He: Is it? I thought the game will be tonight.. *checks phone* Nevermind, it is tomorrow.. still, in your face! Kyle Leonard will win it!!!
Me: ...... ??

Tells you all you need to know about the bandwagon.. it is very strong!
Sabas11
Senior
And1: 385

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#845 » by Sabas11 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Courtside wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Don't think so, nor do I think the OP knows what he's trying to convey.

That doesn't represent the level of class of our fans, but it's still an impressive spectacle.

It's multiple things, though I concede the thread title is slightly clickbaity. The General Board crowd warrants it, IMO.

1) Look how many fans across the country are watching - this is a new phenomenon and deserves attention on its own.

2) With all the bad vibes about Toronto fans, based on two small events, I offer this as a counter to generate good vibes.

This shouldn't get merged to the "Raptor fans cheering" thread because it has nothing to do with the Durant injury. I wanted to show that Raptor fans are mobilizing across the country to show support to the team, and to counter those who say "trash fans don't deserve to win" - which has been said plenty here. Look at all those fans across all those venues and cities and tell me they aren't putting on a great show of support, worthy of being rewarded with the team's first Championship?

so you admit that this was a flex thread

Is he under arrest?
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#846 » by Sisqo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm

No one is defending it yet you still come here and repeat yourself because you just want to be heard.
Yes some of the fans were ****, what else are you looking for someone to say? I'm not even sure
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#847 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Middle Child wrote:I cannot believe sports is doing this to people.

It's crazy, I mean I'm a sports guy through and through and always have been but I can't believe how serious some people take sports. You got people being assaulted and stabbed over their fandom, Jesus.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#848 » by Black Mage » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:14 am

The Warrior wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
Not sure if you're trolling or an absolute idiot or scum or both. Do you not know that bar video is used for any major celebration as an Internet joke? I think the pathetic posters who are salty and have nothing better to talk about are all back on realgm after warriors won a game.

Raptors are a class organization and a few young fans cheering in the moment and then feeling sympathy for kd is normal considering how many fans are there in total. No one shed a tear when fvv was on the floor bleeding and warriors fans were cheering, the hypocrisy is unreal.

I think the main thing were forgetting is that the Warriors org are a bunch of selfish pricks who may have ruined kd career, they should be held accountable for his injury.

Also, for those who know, ya'll stay salty and mad.

I think loyal Mr. Derozan would beg to differ with your definition of "class organization." Even Ujiri copped to the dirty deal and said he believes it was a "miscommunication" when he talked to Demar about the team's future upcoming season while secretly dangling him in the Kawhi trade. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24150340/toronto-raptors-president-masai-ujiri-apologizes-miscommunication-demar-derozan

You're right, the Raptors should take a page out of Philly's book in finding excellent high character individuals like Bryan Colangelo.

Given your obvious attempt to change topics I'll take it that you agreed with my point and that the raptors aren't such a magnanimous organization as you originally pretended them to be. Thanks for agreeing with me! :wink:
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#849 » by yoyoboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:13 am

Egg Nog wrote:
binjumper wrote:Mods must on vacation still keeping this thread open. Nothing is good is coming from it. Guess mods raptors fans too lmao.

This is great though...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hey-toronto-help-support-kd039s-charity-foundation

Hopefully KD sees that. It could cheer him up a little.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#850 » by GameChannel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Black Mage wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
I think loyal Mr. Derozan would beg to differ with your definition of "class organization." Even Ujiri copped to the dirty deal and said he believes it was a "miscommunication" when he talked to Demar about the team's future upcoming season while secretly dangling him in the Kawhi trade. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24150340/toronto-raptors-president-masai-ujiri-apologizes-miscommunication-demar-derozan

You're right, the Raptors should take a page out of Philly's book in finding excellent high character individuals like Bryan Colangelo.

Given your obvious attempt to change topics I'll take it that you agreed with my point and that the raptors aren't such a magnanimous organization as you originally pretended them to be. Thanks for agreeing with me! :wink:

It's the same organization that along with their GM and fans chanted "**** Brooklyn" during the playoffs. What do you expect? Like I said, Toronto is home for me. I'd like the city to win a chip but I'd hate to see majority of this bandwagon ignorant and arrogant fanbase, the org or Kawhi to win one.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#851 » by whysoserious » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm

GameChannel wrote:
Yorkex wrote:I have about 50 people on my Facebook that have never posted anything basketball related or talked about ball in person but yet every game they find themselves downtown. It has turned into a circus with maybe 3 in 10 being actual Raptors fans or NBA fans in general. Even my mom is talking about Raptors.
When masses gather, there is always going to be idiots involved as well. Real fans can't even afford tickets lool

Context: It is well-established with a lot of Raps fans on these forums that I am a Torontonian who is a lifelong Spurs fan and doesn't support the Raptors in any capacity. My friends, coworkers, my own brother know it too and rub it in my face whenever the Raps win cuz they know I despise Kawhi for what happened with the Spurs.

Now the story: This one guy at work came to me today and this is how the conversation went:

He: So.. you ready to celebrate tonight???
Me: Tonight? what's happening tonight?
He: Raptors are winning the championship baby! We the North! Kyle Leonard is the King of the North!!
Me: Oh, is the game tonight? I thought it would be tomorrow or on Friday.. ? and the guys name is not Ky...
He: Is it? I thought the game will be tonight.. *checks phone* Nevermind, it is tomorrow.. still, in your face! Kyle Leonard will win it!!!
Me: ...... ??

Tells you all you need to know about the bandwagon.. it is very strong!

Is this the appropriate time to drop a Cool Story Bro?
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#852 » by everdiso » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm

An emotional moment got out of hand, and the fans immediately apologized.

This is already forgotten everywhere but on RealGM.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
JAYZGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,528

Post#853 » by JAYZGOAT » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:13 pm

everdiso wrote:An emotional moment got out of hand, and the fans immediately apologized.

Nah, American media will never forget stuff like this. I'm sure you heard about Philadelphia throwing snowballs at Santa in the 60s lol or 50s or whenever it was.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#854 » by Steelo Green » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:24 pm

GameChannel wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
The Warrior wrote:

It's the same organization that along with their GM and fans chanted "**** Brooklyn" during the playoffs. What do you expect? Like I said, Toronto is home for me. I'd like the city to win a chip but I'd hate to see majority of this bandwagon ignorant and arrogant fanbase, the org or Kawhi to win one.

Odd statement.

You're making a holistic judgment of a fan base that you cannot quantify?

There are horrible fans everywhere, the racist Boston fans have multiple articles written about them (Bob Ryan is a good example), LA for obvious reasons et al.

Kawhi to win? Why? Because of how he left SA?

There are millions of Raptors fans, some good, some bad, but plenty are good and deserve it just as much as any other fan base. There are terrible people in every city, and bandwagon fans too, so by that logic, no one deserves a title.
Raptasticvoyage
Freshman
And1: 59

Post#855 » by Raptasticvoyage » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 pm

I honestly can't believe the nasty comments about Canadians I have just read here. This is a game and it's fun to get emotional... I get that. But wow. Of course it was ridiculous in hindsight for anyone to have cheered KD's injury. I imagine those that did feel bad about it now. My take is they were cheering because it meant the Raptors had a better chance to win. That is all. I doubt highly that they were pleased to see an althlete in pain and with the prospects of a long recovery. Very mean spirited to generalize about an entire country's population.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#856 » by FNQ » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 pm

No one is defending it. It’s not indicative of Raptors fans in any way, it’s just some people being crappy people.

How is there 43 pages to something that’s such a simple answer? It’s just like the KD thread - people need villains to justify all their feels. Grow up already
kb24k
Junior
And1: 355

Post#857 » by kb24k » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm

everdiso wrote:An emotional moment got out of hand, and the fans immediately apologized.

This will not go away.
And all this effort of some raptors fans trying to defend or downplay this behavior like the quoted example doesn’t help either. The same with those who downplay the number of those bad apples

I’ve seen a lot of reasonable responses from raptors fans on this board. If those were majority I think the thread would not be on the 43rd page.
JimmerAllStar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,743

Post#858 » by JimmerAllStar » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Is it true that Canadians see this as a Canada vs USA competition? In reality, it's mostly American players vs mostly American players. I don't see one Canadian on the Raptors team. Maybe the assistant trainer intern is Canadian, but that's it.
kb24k
Junior
And1: 355

Post#859 » by kb24k » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:56 pm

JimmerAllStar wrote:Is it true that Canadians see this as a Canada vs USA competition? In reality, it's mostly American players vs mostly American players. I don't see one Canadian on the Raptors team.

That seems to be true since the whole country is rooting for them, and I don’t get it either. It’s not like they have their own competition like in Europe. Toronto is just another team that plays in the same league as the American teams
wraith985
Sixth Man
And1: 1,168

Post#860 » by wraith985 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 pm

JimmerAllStar wrote:Is it true that Canadians see this as a Canada vs USA competition? In reality, it's mostly American players vs mostly American players. I don't see one Canadian on the Raptors team. Maybe the assistant trainer intern is Canadian, but that's it.

It's exactly the same with the NHL, but in reverse. Hockey is mostly Canadian players vs mostly Canadian players, but for some reason there's a huge emphasis on "last Canadian team in the playoffs" or whatever. Once the last Canadian team left this year, Don Cherry pointed out explicitly on air that St. Louis was the team with the most Canadians on its roster and therefore the country should cheer for them. I think it's just a Canadian thing.

Return to The General Board