Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here

Moderators: Dirk, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy, ken6199, Domejandro, Prez, BombsquadSammy, bwgood77, zimpy27

WebEmbiid
Ballboy
Posts: 11
And1: 5
Joined: May 12, 2019

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#801 » by WebEmbiid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
WebEmbiid wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
At the end of the day, freedom and lives are not at stake in sports. I understand the importance though but it doesn't make it right to be disgusting human beings even in instances of actual war. Is rape, torture, killing innocent civilians etc. right in war as well?


I understand you're upset, you have a right to be.

But the Toronto crowd redeemed themselves after the initial reaction, everything was in the heat of the moment.

Where do you think arena based entertainment originated from?


Heat of the moment, I understand. Fans waving goodbye to a man laying on the ground who suffered a severe injury is not in the heat of the moment and not understandable. Fans chanting in excitement f**** KD when it is clear the man was injured is not okay. That fan who wrote that disgusting snapchat caption is a scumbag.

The classy fans I respect. Like I said in previous posts, I do not like to generalize. There were disgusting actions from people that day, and respectful actions as well from the same fanbase.

Imagine your son or daughter breaking their leg in a sports game and having opposing parents cheering and laughing at your child.

I don't care that sports evolved from arena based entertainment..Why do you think we dont fight to the death anymore for people's enjoyment?


:D
User avatar
everdiso
Analyst
Posts: 3,691
And1: 4,705
Joined: Nov 18, 2008

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#802 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 pm

levon wrote:
everdiso wrote:Image

arent these t-rexes?


Image
"Enjoy the moment, stay here, stay together, we're good." - Kawhi L.
SF_Warriors
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,813
And1: 2,149
Joined: Jul 12, 2012

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#803 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm

WebEmbiid wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
WebEmbiid wrote:
I understand you're upset, you have a right to be.

But the Toronto crowd redeemed themselves after the initial reaction, everything was in the heat of the moment.

Where do you think arena based entertainment originated from?


Heat of the moment, I understand. Fans waving goodbye to a man laying on the ground who suffered a severe injury is not in the heat of the moment and not understandable. Fans chanting in excitement f**** KD when it is clear the man was injured is not okay. That fan who wrote that disgusting snapchat caption is a scumbag.

The classy fans I respect. Like I said in previous posts, I do not like to generalize. There were disgusting actions from people that day, and respectful actions as well from the same fanbase.

Imagine your son or daughter breaking their leg in a sports game and having opposing parents cheering and laughing at your child.

I don't care that sports evolved from arena based entertainment..Why do you think we dont fight to the death anymore for people's enjoyment?


:D


Arena based fighting was an atrocity but it wasn't war either...and since it is outdated I am sure celebrating and mocking an injured opponent is as well..
User avatar
YogurtProducer
RealGM
Posts: 11,016
And1: 12,448
Joined: Jul 22, 2013
Location: Saskatchewan
       

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#804 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 pm

It’s kinda impressive through all of these crowds probably pushing into the hundreds of thousands there’s only been 1 major incident with the guy sucker punching that warriors fan.

I was at the Regina party and it was an awesome time. Outside of the fact they planned for 5000 and 14000 showed up and you could tell. They didn’t have nearly enough vendors open and not enough of the stadium was accessible. Still an awesome time
User avatar
tradejosehesux
Rookie
Posts: 1,030
And1: 1,804
Joined: May 12, 2010
Location: Beaches
       

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#805 » by tradejosehesux » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm

#WETHESCUMBAGS
Image
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 33,203
And1: 36,356
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
     

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#806 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:59 pm

is this just a weird attempt to flex how many crowds of people u have?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
SFour
RealGM
Posts: 21,221
And1: 32,878
Joined: Apr 07, 2012
   

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#807 » by SFour » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm

but that one Warriors fan got sucker punched, therefore all Canadians are trash
User avatar
everdiso
Analyst
Posts: 3,691
And1: 4,705
Joined: Nov 18, 2008

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#808 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 pm

clyde21 wrote:is this just a weird attempt to flex how many crowds of people u have?


Image
"Enjoy the moment, stay here, stay together, we're good." - Kawhi L.
User avatar
An Unbiased Fan
General Manager
Posts: 9,884
And1: 3,565
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
       

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#809 » by An Unbiased Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 pm

7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
User avatar
Cobra Kawhi
Junior
Posts: 311
And1: 1,065
Joined: May 13, 2019
 

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#810 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:is this just a weird attempt to flex how many crowds of people u have?


Don't think so, nor do I think the OP knows what he's trying to convey.

That doesn't represent the level of class of our fans, but it's still an impressive spectacle.
Pharmcat wrote:He's going to clips . It's a forgone conclusion


SKTFaker wrote:I'm going to laugh when Kawhi leaves.

This team with Gasol/siakam/lowry ain't winning much.
Prince187
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,546
And1: 1,520
Joined: Mar 21, 2007

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#811 » by Prince187 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 pm

And I bet you all of them were cheering when Durant got injured
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,027
And1: 24,172
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#812 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Honestly I really have no clue what this thread is about. Does many fans mean they don't have horrible fans? Im actually really confused by what is trying to be conveyed with this thread. I would get it if people were trying to say Toronto had a small fan base, then this would make more sense, but I don't think anyone is saying that.
User avatar
Effigy
RealGM
Posts: 11,052
And1: 7,286
Joined: Nov 27, 2001
     

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#813 » by Effigy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Courtside wrote:

HALIFAX:

Image



Was this one taken right after the KD injury?
OfficialRef
Senior
Posts: 548
And1: 736
Joined: May 05, 2014
       

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#814 » by OfficialRef » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 pm

whats the point of this thread?
User avatar
The Regime
RealGM
Posts: 16,435
And1: 6,034
Joined: Feb 04, 2011
 

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#815 » by The Regime » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Honestly I really have no clue what this thread is about. Does many fans mean they don't have horrible fans? Im actually really confused by what is trying to be conveyed with this thread. I would get it if people were trying to say Toronto had a small fan base, then this would make more sense, but I don't think anyone is saying that.


weird flex by OP to get back at all the people who were criticizing Rap fans for their game 5 shenanigans (cheering KD injury, shouting insults at Stephs mom, ect)

i guess he's trying to prove how good of a fanbase they have despite the negative publicity the last couple days?
udfa
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,518
And1: 1,461
Joined: Apr 06, 2017

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#816 » by udfa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:18 pm

I wish we could get a clip of the reaction to the KD injury from each of the locations photographed in OP. No doubt 100% of the photos would show ecstatic celebration by a substantial portion of the crowd.
dhsilv2
RealGM
Posts: 14,837
And1: 5,219
Joined: Oct 04, 2015

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#817 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:20 pm

They say a sucker is born everyday, and whoever is selling their merch found some suckers :) That's all I got out of this.
User avatar
Courtside
RealGM
Posts: 15,483
And1: 7,815
Joined: Jul 25, 2002

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#818 » by Courtside » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
clyde21 wrote:is this just a weird attempt to flex how many crowds of people u have?


Don't think so, nor do I think the OP knows what he's trying to convey.

That doesn't represent the level of class of our fans, but it's still an impressive spectacle.


It's multiple things, though I concede the thread title is slightly clickbaity. The General Board crowd warrants it, IMO.

1) Look how many fans in so many different cities are watching - this is a new phenomenon and deserves attention on its own.

2) With all the bad vibes about Toronto fans, based on two small events, I offer this as a counter to generate good vibes.

This shouldn't get merged to the "Raptor fans cheering" thread because it has nothing to do with the Durant injury. I wanted to show that Raptor fans are mobilizing across the country to show support to the team, and to counter those who say "trash fans don't deserve to win" - which has been said plenty here. Look at all those fans across all those venues and cities and tell me they aren't putting on a great show of support, worthy of being rewarded with the team's first Championship?
Jazz9
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,485
And1: 2,544
Joined: Mar 29, 2009

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#819 » by Jazz9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm

...ok?
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,027
And1: 24,172
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#820 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:23 pm

The Regime wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Honestly I really have no clue what this thread is about. Does many fans mean they don't have horrible fans? Im actually really confused by what is trying to be conveyed with this thread. I would get it if people were trying to say Toronto had a small fan base, then this would make more sense, but I don't think anyone is saying that.


weird flex by OP to get back at all the people who were criticizing Rap fans for their game 5 shenanigans (cheering KD injury, shouting insults at Stephs mom, ect)

i guess he's trying to prove how good of a fanbase they have?


I get that, but what does fanbase size have to do with the negative actions? Again the pictures seem like they would be great rebuttals if people were questioning fanbase size or dedication. You would think to rebuttal the negative actions from the other night, they would post pictures of people in TOR jerseys doing kind gestures or something.

Ill repeat what I said the other night, I think its dumb to generalize an entire fanbase over some dumb individuals actions. Criticize the individuals, don't try and paint a broad image. Because every fanbase has idiots and every fanbase can be criticized.

Return to The General Board