Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk

CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,261
And1: 1,726
Joined: Dec 30, 2018

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#881 » by CycklopsGT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:51 am

Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
Right. He said they are reacting to the replay. That’s what the noise at the five second mark that you think is a cheer is referring to. It’s not a cheer, it’s a grumbling crowd that didn’t like what they were seeing on the replay. but even if it were a cheer, it’s reacting to the replay they are seeing on the screen of the play, not the image we are seeing of Kawhi rolling around on the floor.

Who’s ‘them’ that physically assaulted Kyrie? You mean Mark Stevens? So you meant to say ‘him’?
When fans don't like something, they boo, brother, they don't make sounds that resemble cheering.

And yes, I'm talking about Mark Stevens, he is part of the Warriors fanbase. He is a representative of their fanbase just as much as those fans who cheered Durant's injuries are representative of Toronto. Unless you're now arguing that a part shouldn't represent a whole?


It doesn’t resemble cheering. You have a hearing problem or you’re in denial. Make a thread with a poll and ask if that’s cheering.

Part doesn’t represent a whole. All Raptor fans didn’t cheer Durant’s injury. I didn’t see anyone here cheer it. But thousands in that arena did. That’s just facts.

You're confusing the sound of non-unanimous cheers with not being cheers. It's DEFINITELY cheering. The crowd BOOS when they don't like what they see. If you acknowledge that the part doesn't represent the whole, then you're already against all the "F Toronto!" people and basically have dismissed this whole issue, as it should be.
User avatar
Effigy
RealGM
Posts: 11,740
And1: 8,632
Joined: Nov 27, 2001
     

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#882 » by Effigy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:04 am

CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:When fans don't like something, they boo, brother, they don't make sounds that resemble cheering.

And yes, I'm talking about Mark Stevens, he is part of the Warriors fanbase. He is a representative of their fanbase just as much as those fans who cheered Durant's injuries are representative of Toronto. Unless you're now arguing that a part shouldn't represent a whole?


It doesn’t resemble cheering. You have a hearing problem or you’re in denial. Make a thread with a poll and ask if that’s cheering.

Part doesn’t represent a whole. All Raptor fans didn’t cheer Durant’s injury. I didn’t see anyone here cheer it. But thousands in that arena did. That’s just facts.

You're confusing the sound of non-unanimous cheers with not being cheers. It's DEFINITELY cheering. The crowd BOOS when they don't like what they see. If you acknowledge that the part doesn't represent the whole, then you're already against all the "F Toronto!" people and basically have dismissed this whole issue, as it should be.



It’s not cheers man. Listen to the KD clip and then listen to the Kawhi clip. It’s not even close to the same. But like I said, even if it HAD been cheers, the commentators specifically point out that they are reacting to what is on the replay screen above that they can see and we can’t. They are EXPLAINING it to you. So no matter how you look at it, it’s not the thing that you seem to want it to be to make you feel better about how Raptor fans reacted. Just let it go man. Some of your fans did that. Not you. I have no idea why you are taking it so personally. And they don’t deserve a pass. They deserve to feel like **** because that was a *****y thing for them to do.
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,261
And1: 1,726
Joined: Dec 30, 2018

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#883 » by CycklopsGT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:18 am

Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
It doesn’t resemble cheering. You have a hearing problem or you’re in denial. Make a thread with a poll and ask if that’s cheering.

Part doesn’t represent a whole. All Raptor fans didn’t cheer Durant’s injury. I didn’t see anyone here cheer it. But thousands in that arena did. That’s just facts.

You're confusing the sound of non-unanimous cheers with not being cheers. It's DEFINITELY cheering. The crowd BOOS when they don't like what they see. If you acknowledge that the part doesn't represent the whole, then you're already against all the "F Toronto!" people and basically have dismissed this whole issue, as it should be.



It’s not cheers man. Listen to the KD clip and then listen to the Kawhi clip. It’s not even close to the same. But like I said, even if it HAD been cheers, the commentators specifically point out that they are reacting to what is on the replay screen above that they can see and we can’t. They are EXPLAINING it to you. So no matter how you look at it, it’s not the thing that you seem to want it to be to make you feel better about how Raptor fans reacted. Just let it go man. Some of your fans did that. Not you. I have no idea why you are taking it so personally. And they don’t deserve a pass. They deserve to feel like **** because that was a *****y thing for them to do.

He said they were reacting to the replay, not specifically to the call, which is very different because the replay includes Kawhi going down. Also, I'm not a Raptors fan, I'm against the ridiculous overreacting to everything that happens in the social media era, which is why I thought Mark Stevens was fined and punished too much also.

EDIT: Here's a bad call by a UFC ref being shown to the crowd on a replay (2:23), that's loud booing. Not grumbling or something that resembles cheers.

;t=2m23s
User avatar
Effigy
RealGM
Posts: 11,740
And1: 8,632
Joined: Nov 27, 2001
     

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#884 » by Effigy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:41 am

CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:You're confusing the sound of non-unanimous cheers with not being cheers. It's DEFINITELY cheering. The crowd BOOS when they don't like what they see. If you acknowledge that the part doesn't represent the whole, then you're already against all the "F Toronto!" people and basically have dismissed this whole issue, as it should be.



It’s not cheers man. Listen to the KD clip and then listen to the Kawhi clip. It’s not even close to the same. But like I said, even if it HAD been cheers, the commentators specifically point out that they are reacting to what is on the replay screen above that they can see and we can’t. They are EXPLAINING it to you. So no matter how you look at it, it’s not the thing that you seem to want it to be to make you feel better about how Raptor fans reacted. Just let it go man. Some of your fans did that. Not you. I have no idea why you are taking it so personally. And they don’t deserve a pass. They deserve to feel like **** because that was a *****y thing for them to do.

He said they were reacting to the replay, not specifically to the call, which is very different because the replay includes Kawhi going down. Also, I'm not a Raptors fan, I'm against the ridiculous overreacting to everything that happens in the social media era, which is why I thought Mark Stevens was fined and punished too much also.

EDIT: Here's a bad call by a UFC ref being shown to the crowd on a replay (2:23), that's loud booing. Not grumbling or something that resembles cheers.

;t=2m23s


Players go down every play. It’s a flopping league. Nobody knew based on the play that he was hurt. Just like nobody thinks all the Raptor fans that were cheering before the foul call were cheering KDs injury. They were cheering the stop. It’s the cheers AFTER the play when his teammates helped him up and he was hobbling when the cheers started. THATS when they started cheering the injury. Just give it up dude. You lost. It happens.
CycklopsGT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,261
And1: 1,726
Joined: Dec 30, 2018

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#885 » by CycklopsGT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 am

Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:

It’s not cheers man. Listen to the KD clip and then listen to the Kawhi clip. It’s not even close to the same. But like I said, even if it HAD been cheers, the commentators specifically point out that they are reacting to what is on the replay screen above that they can see and we can’t. They are EXPLAINING it to you. So no matter how you look at it, it’s not the thing that you seem to want it to be to make you feel better about how Raptor fans reacted. Just let it go man. Some of your fans did that. Not you. I have no idea why you are taking it so personally. And they don’t deserve a pass. They deserve to feel like **** because that was a *****y thing for them to do.

He said they were reacting to the replay, not specifically to the call, which is very different because the replay includes Kawhi going down. Also, I'm not a Raptors fan, I'm against the ridiculous overreacting to everything that happens in the social media era, which is why I thought Mark Stevens was fined and punished too much also.

EDIT: Here's a bad call by a UFC ref being shown to the crowd on a replay (2:23), that's loud booing. Not grumbling or something that resembles cheers.

;t=2m23s


Players go down every play. It’s a flopping league. Nobody knew based on the play that he was hurt. Just like nobody thinks all the Raptor fans that were cheering before the foul call were cheering KDs injury. They were cheering the stop. It’s the cheers AFTER the play when his teammates helped him up and he was hobbling when the cheers started. THATS when they started cheering the injury. Just give it up dude. You lost. It happens.

You don't seem to even be responding to what I'm saying. I showed you what it sounds like when a crowd gets shown a bad call on a replay and you just ignored it and acted like your point was something else. I also told you that I'm not a Raptors fan, I even started a thread earlier rooting for the Warriors to win to spite KD (before he got re-injured). I'm against people overreacting on social media.

KD Possibly Out Unless Finals Go to Game 6. **Official Warriors Sweep War Wagon**
User avatar
Effigy
RealGM
Posts: 11,740
And1: 8,632
Joined: Nov 27, 2001
     

Re: Purposely causing an injury vs cheering 

Post#886 » by Effigy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 am

CycklopsGT wrote:
Effigy wrote:
CycklopsGT wrote:He said they were reacting to the replay, not specifically to the call, which is very different because the replay includes Kawhi going down. Also, I'm not a Raptors fan, I'm against the ridiculous overreacting to everything that happens in the social media era, which is why I thought Mark Stevens was fined and punished too much also.

EDIT: Here's a bad call by a UFC ref being shown to the crowd on a replay (2:23), that's loud booing. Not grumbling or something that resembles cheers.

;t=2m23s


Players go down every play. It’s a flopping league. Nobody knew based on the play that he was hurt. Just like nobody thinks all the Raptor fans that were cheering before the foul call were cheering KDs injury. They were cheering the stop. It’s the cheers AFTER the play when his teammates helped him up and he was hobbling when the cheers started. THATS when they started cheering the injury. Just give it up dude. You lost. It happens.

You don't seem to even be responding to what I'm saying. I showed you what it sounds like when a crowd gets shown a bad call on a replay and you just ignored it and acted like your point was something else. I also told you that I'm not a Raptors fan, I even started a thread earlier rooting for the Warriors to win to spite KD (before he got re-injured).

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1840515


Because the cheering thing doesn’t matter. It’s not a cheer, And I didn’t say it was a loud boo, either. I specifically called it a grumble. So your video is totally pointless. As I said. The commentators explained to you what happening and what they were reacting to. and you still don’t seem to be getting it.
kb24k
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 238
Joined: Jan 30, 2014
       

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here 

Post#887 » by kb24k » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:07 am

Some Raptors fans here are continuing the work from game 5. They are saying play got injured because they didn't get the call. As if it's relevant that well deserved.

Return to The General Board