NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, bwgood77, jamaalstar21, zimpy27

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
82
34%
Raps in 6
136
56%
Raps in 7
23
10%
 
Total votes: 241

User avatar
BombsquadSammy
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 8,133
And1: 16,608
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
Location: Where the rainbow ends
     

NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#1 » by BombsquadSammy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 am

Image
RealGM Warriors Forum--------------------------------------------NBA.com Series Page------------------------------------------RealGM Raptors Forum

RGM FINALS THREADS: #1----#2----#3----#4----#5----#6----#7

SERIES SCHEDULE (All games via ABC national broadcast)
G1: Warriors 109, @Raptors 118
G2: Warriors 109, @Raptors 104
G3: Raptors 123, @Warriors 109
G4: Raptors 105, @Warriors 92
G5: Warriors 106, @Raptors 105
G6: @Golden State, 13 June 2019, 9PM Eastern/6PM Pacific
G7: @Toronto, 16 June 2019, 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific
If necessary
Rest in peace, Kobe. Thank you for your love of the game.

Life is bigger than games; tell the people you love that you love them every damn day.
User avatar
inquisitive
RealGM
Posts: 16,779
And1: 2,663
Joined: Aug 27, 2010

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#2 » by inquisitive » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 am

I believe Raptors will close it out on Thursday but would like to see a game 7
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Tracymcgoaty
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,855
And1: 3,802
Joined: Dec 21, 2015

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#3 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:16 am

Ok so just to be sure..being called a White knight is a bad thing right?

And who came up with these terms?

Morality warrior sounds so cheesy aswell.

SJW i have heard of.
User avatar
MikeM
General Manager
Posts: 8,160
And1: 8,408
Joined: Aug 10, 2006

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#4 » by MikeM » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Ok so just to be sure..being called a White knight is a bad thing right?

And who came up with these terms?

Morality warrior sounds so cheesy aswell.

SJW i have heard of.


Bro, they cheered when the dude's calf strained again and Ibaka had a dunk. When they realized he was done for the game they cheered him off the court. Most people would react that way (especially drunk in a crowd).

If you want to pass moral judgment on other people for a brief mistake that they rectified immediately after, then you're a white knight, yes.
kritical
Junior
Posts: 338
And1: 424
Joined: Nov 02, 2014
 

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#5 » by kritical » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:20 am

I think both teams do great on the road. Raps would most likely win Game 6, however I want it to be won in Toronto.
User avatar
Red Shoelace
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,611
And1: 30,442
Joined: Mar 17, 2018
 

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#6 » by Red Shoelace » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:20 am

I hope KD recovers to 100% health and keeps putting up all time numbers.
Image
iamtheking
Junior
Posts: 385
And1: 494
Joined: Mar 11, 2019

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#8 » by iamtheking » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:23 am

Hot take, but the reason why warriors executives and players were crying is cause they believe they are the reason why kd suffered that injury.

Especially bob myers, he already started playing the sympathy card right off the bat. Has it ever happened like this before?
drat456
Pro Prospect
Posts: 838
And1: 152
Joined: Jul 14, 2013

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#9 » by drat456 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:24 am

Would be shocked if Toronto wins the series
User avatar
Vlade Divac
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,995
And1: 6,635
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Location: North York
       

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#10 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:24 am

Kawhi despite his own 10 point run in 4th was not impressive. Klay and Steph were clutch when it mattered and last possession we had Warriors defended masterfully. All in all we were close but did not deserved to win. On to the next one. We were outscored by 36 from 3. As said earlier in a way I’m glad that we did not win Championship tonight because of reactions of some of our fans, but because of KD’s injury.
Image
Tracymcgoaty
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,855
And1: 3,802
Joined: Dec 21, 2015

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#11 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 am

MikeM wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:Ok so just to be sure..being called a White knight is a bad thing right?

And who came up with these terms?

Morality warrior sounds so cheesy aswell.

SJW i have heard of.


Bro, they cheered when the dude's calf strained again and Ibaka had a dunk. When they realized he was done for the game they cheered him off the court. Most people would react that way (especially drunk in a crowd).

If you want to pass moral judgment on other people for a brief mistake that they rectified immediately after, then you're a white knight, yes.


alright cool i understand now!

just to make it clear If a poster clearly states in his post that he has no problem with Durant getting injured because it gives his team a better chance to win..that is disgusting..people can call me any made up **** they want but that is the truth.
User avatar
inquisitive
RealGM
Posts: 16,779
And1: 2,663
Joined: Aug 27, 2010

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#12 » by inquisitive » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 am

Vlade Divac wrote:Kawhi despite his own 10 point run in 4th was not impressive. Klay and Steph were clutch when it mattered and last possession we had Warriors defended masterfully. All in all we were close but did not deserved to win. On to the next one. We were outscored by 36 from 3. As said earlier in a way I’m glad that we did not win Championship tonight because of reactions of some of our fans, but because of KD’s injury.


Up to that 10 pt burst he really didn’t play well overall
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 18,204
And1: 3,773
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#13 » by rilamann » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 am

You'd think based on law of averages that the Raptors won't win 3 of 3 in Golden State in the NBA finals. You'd also think that based on Karma the Raptors won't win game 7.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:That's also smart.
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 14,114
And1: 5,484
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#14 » by queridiculo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 am

I was rooting hard for the Raptors to close this out in 5, but given the circumstances, and how the Warriors gutted one out after Durant's devastating injury I feel like this series deserves to go the 7 games.

The Warriors are true champions, and despite the constant attempts to diminish what the Warriors have managed to accomplish, they're one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

Anything but a 7 game battle would be a shame as far as I am concerned.
User avatar
Vlade Divac
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,995
And1: 6,635
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Location: North York
       

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#15 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 am

iamtheking wrote:Hot take, but the reason why warriors executives and players were crying is cause they believe they are the reason why kd suffered that injury.

Especially bob myers, he already started playing the sympathy card right off the bat. Has it ever happened like this before?


That is exactly why he cried. He does not care about KD, he cares how to avoid his responsibility and play emotional card.
Image
Tracymcgoaty
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,855
And1: 3,802
Joined: Dec 21, 2015

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#16 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 am

inquisitive wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Kawhi despite his own 10 point run in 4th was not impressive. Klay and Steph were clutch when it mattered and last possession we had Warriors defended masterfully. All in all we were close but did not deserved to win. On to the next one. We were outscored by 36 from 3. As said earlier in a way I’m glad that we did not win Championship tonight because of reactions of some of our fans, but because of KD’s injury.


Up to that 10 pt burst he really didn’t play well overall


People crap on Lowry but he was their best player by far..they would not have been close to this win without him. Fantastic this series. Missed shot doesn't change that.
ILOVEIT
General Manager
Posts: 9,859
And1: 1,558
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#17 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 am

The amount of pressure on Toronto and guys like Lowry in game 7...having been up 3-1 two minutes from winning it all? No..they don't want to have ANY part of that folks.

If Warriors win game 6 they win the series IMO.
Welcome adopted Splash Bro Kevin Durant! Let it rain!
User avatar
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,803
And1: 1,540
Joined: Sep 30, 2008
Location: Calgary
   

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#18 » by SwaggyB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:36 am

rilamann wrote:You'd think based on law of averages that the Raptors won't win 3 of 3 in Golden State in the NBA finals. You'd also think that based on Karma the Raptors won't win game 7.
Sorry, remind me what the Raptors did to get bad karma?
ILOVEIT
General Manager
Posts: 9,859
And1: 1,558
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#19 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:36 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
inquisitive wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Kawhi despite his own 10 point run in 4th was not impressive. Klay and Steph were clutch when it mattered and last possession we had Warriors defended masterfully. All in all we were close but did not deserved to win. On to the next one. We were outscored by 36 from 3. As said earlier in a way I’m glad that we did not win Championship tonight because of reactions of some of our fans, but because of KD’s injury.


Up to that 10 pt burst he really didn’t play well overall


People crap on Lowry but he was their best player by far..they would not have been close to this win without him. Fantastic this series. Missed shot doesn't change that.


It was BLOCKED...not missed ;)
Welcome adopted Splash Bro Kevin Durant! Let it rain!
Tracymcgoaty
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,855
And1: 3,802
Joined: Dec 21, 2015

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#20 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
inquisitive wrote:
Up to that 10 pt burst he really didn’t play well overall


People crap on Lowry but he was their best player by far..they would not have been close to this win without him. Fantastic this series. Missed shot doesn't change that.


It was BLOCKED...not missed ;)


Right blocked! so it was an fantastic defensive effort by Green..give Green his props instead.

Lowry has been fantastic.

Return to The General Board