NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#141 » by Michael Jordan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Is this guy ever gonna cool off???

Klay Thompson in Finals is shooting from three 57.6% with 20 threes made in 3 and half games. That is insane!!!

Thanks for recognizing this. This is also against excellent Toronto defense. He is also one of the better defenders, yet many raptors fans were calling him trash and over rated in these threads and other before the finals. He also is playing injured, one bad enough he missed a game completely.

The Raptors are getting great play from many on their team, and if it continues I expect a title. That said, if the GS MASH unit somehow performs the unlikely, who is top FMVP candidate, Green and Klay, Curry?

It should be Klay because he's defending Kawhi with Iggy while putting up 24+PPG on historic 3pt efficiency. Obviously it all depends on the hero for the next 2 though.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#142 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:52 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:

Klay Thompson in Finals is shooting from three 57.6% with 20 threes made in 3 and half games. That is insane!!!

Thanks for recognizing this. This is also against excellent Toronto defense. He is also one of the better defenders, yet many raptors fans were calling him trash and over rated in these threads and other before the finals. He also is playing injured, one bad enough he missed a game completely.

The Raptors are getting great play from many on their team, and if it continues I expect a title. That said, if the GS MASH unit somehow performs the unlikely, who is top FMVP candidate, Green and Klay, Curry?

He positively CANNOT keep up with these ridiculous numbers, he is human (I think), but if GS wins and he keeps it with more realistic numbers it has to be him!
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#143 » by Mikistan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:58 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:
In his post game on local tv they are going to have an mri and reevaluate. It may be possible we see him again.

P.S.

This investigate the medical staff stuff is crap. People who know nothing trying once again to make GS villians just because an unfortunate incident happened.

Toronto has played Kawhi 35+ min a game with what is obviously an injury too, a year after he even sat out, plus needed load management all year. If he blew out his leg and was done for a year would people scream murder about their medical staff? Are they letting VanLeet play with a concussion when he should be out under the protocol?

Its sports, its the Finals. And the people calling to investigate GS medical are just looking for reasons to hate, which is sad. They know nothing, are not a doctor, are not close to the situation, did not see the workouts, they held him out 6 weeks, the long end of the injury type, are one of the most conservative and respected medical staffs in the league historically, etc.

My wife worked with this staff directly for over 6 months. You dont know anything (typical of rgm).

My dad owns the Timberwolves, my cousin is on the staff for the magic, my brother is an assistant coach for Guangdong, you don't know anything.

So the Timberwolves interact frequently with the Warriors medical staff? Interesting. Never saw their ownership group members hanging around the warriors training facility in downtown Oakland, when my wife was working there. Then dad shared what he learned with you. I stand corrected. There is a Timberwolves management to warriors medical connection during the NBA finals. Wow. Thanks for enlightening me.

Ultimately KD is a smart adult. He knows the risks of playing with a tight or strained calf/archilles. Most on RGM dont have a medical degree and have no access to any KD medical data, yet feel empowered to suggest legal action. Meanwhile, its ok for anyone else to play hurt and take risk, as long as they are not on the reigning champs.

I feel horrible for KD, but also believe life happens for a reason. There are lessons and opportunities for self reflection via his example. Some see heroism, some stupidity. These reactions say more about ourselves than about KD. We wish him a recovery, and given his wealth and the stress of the NBA, maybe this is what is best for his life path. Playing ball does not last forever, and KD has fame and generational wealth already (as apparently you have as well, if you are honest). He will be fine.

Some of us will be poorer for not appretiating his play fully while healthy and maybe we will be missing him next year.

Seeking to assign blame and punish every time their is a tragedy is one of the ills of the modern world. It is a reason our most talented citizens avoid seeking public service and it is a shame. After I made enough money I took a government position with hope of doing good and it was very frustrating trying to serve a very selfish and ungrateful public. I wish you well, but cant agree the Warriors organization wanted to win at the expense of KD, without informing him of all the risks involved. All KD had to do was read tweets to be aware of the risks.

Your organization rolled the dice knowing his "calf strain" was an achilles partial tear, and this is what happened.

Not all injuries are created equal, but this one, after 1 month of non-play and only recently returning to practice was clear as day.

The organization didn't have his back, they could have just said he is injured - instead you have Steve Kerr "Grey area" quotes and constant media pressure about how his teammates are fealing anxious about his return/non-return stories etc etc.

Now he is injured and everyone is saying KD is their beloved brother.

I'm not buying it -

They used their ace in the hole knowing he might be leaving, and pandered to his battered hero reputation/emotions to put him at the floor at the expense of his career.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#144 » by Mikistan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:

He positively CANNOT keep up with these ridiculous numbers, he is human (I think), but if GS wins and he keeps it with more realistic numbers it has to be him!

I mean he can if its midget Lowry defending him, its a 6 foot 7 - 2nd best three point shooter in NBA history being defended by a 6 foot 1 Lowry
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#145 » by PizzaSteve » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Mikistan wrote:
PizzaSteve wrote:
Mikistan wrote:My dad owns the Timberwolves, my cousin is on the staff for the magic, my brother is an assistant coach for Guangdong, you don't know anything.

So the Timberwolves interact frequently with the Warriors medical staff? Interesting. Never saw their ownership group members hanging around the warriors training facility in downtown Oakland, when my wife was working there. Then dad shared what he learned with you. I stand corrected. There is a Timberwolves management to warriors medical connection during the NBA finals. Wow. Thanks for enlightening me.

Ultimately KD is a smart adult. He knows the risks of playing with a tight or strained calf/archilles. Most on RGM dont have a medical degree and have no access to any KD medical data, yet feel empowered to suggest legal action. Meanwhile, its ok for anyone else to play hurt and take risk, as long as they are not on the reigning champs.

I feel horrible for KD, but also believe life happens for a reason. There are lessons and opportunities for self reflection via his example. Some see heroism, some stupidity. These reactions say more about ourselves than about KD. We wish him a recovery, and given his wealth and the stress of the NBA, maybe this is what is best for his life path. Playing ball does not last forever, and KD has fame and generational wealth already (as apparently you have as well, if you are honest). He will be fine.

Some of us will be poorer for not appretiating his play fully while healthy and maybe we will be missing him next year.

Seeking to assign blame and punish every time their is a tragedy is one of the ills of the modern world. It is a reason our most talented citizens avoid seeking public service and it is a shame. After I made enough money I took a government position with hope of doing good and it was very frustrating trying to serve a very selfish and ungrateful public. I wish you well, but cant agree the Warriors organization wanted to win at the expense of KD, without informing him of all the risks involved. All KD had to do was read tweets to be aware of the risks.

Your organization rolled the dice knowing his "calf strain" was an achilles partial tear, and this is what happened.

Not all injuries are created equal, but this one, after 1 month of non-play and only recently returning to practice was clear as day.

The organization didn't have his back, they could have just said he is injured - instead you have Steve Kerr "Grey area" quotes and constant media pressure about how his teammates are fealing anxious about his return/non-return stories etc etc.

Now he is injured and everyone is saying KD is their beloved brother.

I'm not buying it -

They used their ace in the hole knowing he might be leaving, and pandered to his battered hero reputation/emotions to put him at the floor at the expense of his career.

Fair enough. We each have opinions that reflect on ourselves and our internal state of mind. They add nothing, as we know nothing. Only KD can speak for his decision and he has, and will. Only Meyers could have shut him down and he didnt. He regrets it now for sure.

BTW. Vacationing in Minn later this summer with a CEO friend. Any suggestions on site or restaurants? Feel free to PM me. Also, since your dad owns the Timberwolves, why are you a Raptors fan?
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,830

Post#146 » by SK21209 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:17 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how willing everyone is to attribute the worst possible motives to people
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,006

Post#147 » by GameChannel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 pm

For all the fans' Shenanigans, I still think Raps will win game 6.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#148 » by sixers4real » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:45 pm

I always hated KD for making that GS FA move, but i don't ever care for this Finals anymore. I just care for KD's health. That's how quickly things can turn.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#149 » by BigShaq34 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:46 pm

rilamann wrote:You'd think based on law of averages that the Raptors won't win 3 of 3 in Golden State in the NBA finals. You'd also think that based on Karma the Raptors won't win game 7.

so a few fans acting stupid is enough karma for a whole fanbase (a country) to witness an epic chockejob?

that won't happen in a million years.They had to play perfect to scrap by a win by a single point, while we missed everything.

Don't be salty your bucks lost 4 straight
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#150 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm

I don't think the Warriors can win both games with 0 KD. Without him the Raptors are clearly better than the Warriors overall and should have a big advantage only needing 1 win out of 2.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
darkse1d
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,862

Post#151 » by darkse1d » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Green has 6 technicals and one more earns him a suspension.

Even if he murders someone on the court, the refs/nba will refuse to give him a technical and not let him play game 7. Btw there will be a game 7
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#152 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 pm

iamtheking wrote:Green has 6 technicals and one more earns him a suspension.

Even if he murders someone on the court, the refs/nba will refuse to give him a technical and not let him play game 7. Btw there will be a game 7

Right, because the NBA goes out of their way to protect Green. Now, that's funny!
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#153 » by nymets1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:25 pm

I think the Raptors lost game 5 because of the fans clapping/ cheering Durant got hurt which angered anybody associated with the Warriors. Plus I think when the Raptors are on offense, the fans chant "Let's go raptors" "Lets go raptors" way too much which can add more pressure on the raptors when they trying to perform on offense. How about just be quiet when the Raptors are on offense and let them work but they put the "Lets go Raptors" chant on the scoreboard above the court which gets the fans going. They can chant "Lets go Raptors" when the raptors are on defense, Now that helps them out on defense when you need help from the crowd. This is perhaps why guys like Kyle Lowry play better on the road.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#154 » by mademan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:28 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
iamtheking wrote:Green has 6 technicals and one more earns him a suspension.

Right, because the NBA goes out of their way to protect Green. Now, that's funny!

They dont, but they give him more leeway with screaming at officials than anyone not named Lebron. Many other players would get tech's for most of the chit he pulls
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,366

Post#155 » by Patches Perry » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm

This series is 2-2 with Klay playing which makes me think it's closer than it feels. Warriors will be favorites in game 6, and may have a little extra juice trying to play in KDs honor in what will definitively be the last game ever played at Oracle. Game 7 would be tough, but anything can happen in game 7.
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,656

Post#156 » by benhillboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Is it me or is Siakam 0-10 from the corner 3 in this series? He’s been killing the Raptors, blowing usually wide open looks. An abysmal 2-15 overall in the Finals after shooting 68% of his attempts during the regular season from the corner at an excellent .411 clip. What’s worse is I can only recall maybe a couple offensive rebounds off his misses.

He, Iggy, and Draymond have to shoot better from 3 to turn the series in their teams favor I think. The latter have combined for 9-35, better than Siakam, but still porous. I think they allow the disrespect the Raptors show in leaving them insanely open affect their already shaky confidence. Amazingly the Warriors can still score at times due to their crisp passing and Klay and Steph’s movement through even more clogged real estate off the ball.
Haddaway
Junior
And1: 650

Post#157 » by Haddaway » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
SwaggyB wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
Of course. Like the Raptors were favored to win the series after gaining that 3-1 lead.

Not really the same.. I don't think you get it.

Maybe not. But i know betting Warriors, when they were down 1-3, makes me feel happy that this one is going to seven games. So i have a fighting chance of winning that big bet. ;)

I'm so glad I bet on the warriors to win for .1 Bitcoin which is ~ 800$ at the moment. Man, I thought I was cooked when they went up 6.
phraoh wrote:Not sure why all the love for Heat...doubt they get past the first round...this is 2016 not 2006. .. I think Heat are either playing the Hawks or Celtics in the first round, a good chance without home court, and I doubt they beat either of those teams.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#158 » by everdiso » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:41 pm

20-8 on threes ain't gonna happen again.

good on golden state for making it interesting, but this series is over.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#159 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:57 pm

rilamann wrote:You'd think based on law of averages that the Raptors won't win 3 of 3 in Golden State in the NBA finals. You'd also think that based on Karma the Raptors won't win game 7.

Karma is as foolish as believing in Santa Claus
Credits to Jstock12
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#160 » by guille_4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 pm

benhillboy wrote:Is it me or is Siakam 0-10 from the corner 3 in this series? He’s been killing the Raptors, blowing usually wide open looks. An abysmal 2-15 overall in the Finals after shooting 68% of his attempts during the regular season from the corner at an excellent .411 clip. What’s worse is I can only recall maybe a couple offensive rebounds off his misses.

He, Iggy, and Draymond have to shoot better from 3 to turn the series in their teams favor I think. The latter have combined for 9-35, better than Siakam, but still porous. I think they allow the disrespect the Raptors show in leaving them insanely open affect their already shaky confidence. Amazingly the Warriors can still score at times due to their crisp passing and Klay and Steph’s movement through even more clogged real estate off the ball.

Siakam was pretty terrible yesterday. Lowry gets all the blame but Siakam was way worse.

Return to The General Board