NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

Clementine64
Starter
And1: 2,523

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#21 » by Clementine64 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 am

MikeM wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:Ok so just to be sure..being called a White knight is a bad thing right?

And who came up with these terms?

Morality warrior sounds so cheesy aswell.

SJW i have heard of.

Bro, they cheered when the dude's calf strained again and Ibaka had a dunk. When they realized he was done for the game they cheered him off the court. Most people would react that way (especially drunk in a crowd).

If you want to pass moral judgment on other people for a brief mistake that they rectified immediately after, then you're a white knight, yes.

Warriors fans cheered as Fred Vanvleet lied on the floor with a broken tooth and pool of blood next to him. The hyprocisy im seeing from Americans is very disturbing.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#22 » by djsunyc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 am

Read on Twitter
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#23 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 am

Vlade Divac wrote:
iamtheking wrote:Hot take, but the reason why warriors executives and players were crying is cause they believe they are the reason why kd suffered that injury.

Especially bob myers, he already started playing the sympathy card right off the bat. Has it ever happened like this before?

That is exactly why he cried. He does not care about KD, he cares how to avoid his responsibility and play emotional card.

That...sounds really far fetched..he might actually be upset he let him play and potentially limit Durants playing career. That would make me emotional aswell probably. Knowing i could have stopped it.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,227

Post#24 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 am

Clementine64 wrote:
MikeM wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:Ok so just to be sure..being called a White knight is a bad thing right?

SJW i have heard of.

Bro, they cheered when the dude's calf strained again and Ibaka had a dunk. When they realized he was done for the game they cheered him off the court. Most people would react that way (especially drunk in a crowd).

If you want to pass moral judgment on other people for a brief mistake that they rectified immediately after, then you're a white knight, yes.

Warriors fans cheered as Fred Vanvleet lied on the floor with a broken tooth and pool of blood next to him. The hyprocisy im seeing from Americans is very disturbing.

So are we saying People did not cheer about KD being injured? Sure Both teams have crappy fans.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#25 » by rilamann » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am

ILOVEIT wrote:The amount of pressure on Toronto and guys like Lowry in game 7...having been up 3-1 two minutes from winning it all? No..they don't want to have ANY part of that folks.

If Warriors win game 6 they win the series IMO.

If the Warriors win game 6, I could totally see the Raptors laying an egg in game 7. Not saying that I would necessarily predict that if it goes to 7, but if happened I can't say that I would surprised. Especially going up against a 3 time champion that has obviously been in all these types of scenarios and situations.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,387

Post#26 » by svart » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am

MikeM wrote:

SJW i have heard of.

They cheeres louder after the ibaka’s play was over. I just watched it again.

It needed the raptors players to quiet them down.

You can spin it however you like, it is stil a **** reaction.

I am saying this for a week, it is sad to sacrifice everything for the sake of a championship. It is only a game of basketball, for christ’s sake, i don’t understand where all this hate and frustration come from.

If you want to win regardless of the cost, you don’t deserve to win it. When you forget sportmanship, fair play, why bother watching? Just to be able to show off with a title and a ring? I am watching sports for a long time, i understand passion, i understand love for the team, hell, even hate towards an hystorical rival at some extent. But these days is just seems everybody hetes everybody, it’s really stupid.

I made peace with the fact that this ship is lost, but after tonight’s game i really hope the Raps will be teached a lesson by the basketball gods. :D

( actually i still think the raps will win it, but man, would it be nice to be proven wrong)
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#27 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am

Thee is not much you can do when they hit 20 threes all defended pretty good at the extremely high percentage. When you get outscored by 36 on threes, losing by one very encouraging.
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,966

Post#28 » by Young Stapler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am

Wild generalizations going as far as saying that all Canadians are somehow represented by a number of fans who waved and cheered an injury. A poster in P7 said Canadians had exposed themselves that they are not as polite as people think because of this incident.
All Canadians? Really? :noway:
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#29 » by shza » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 am

These Raps fans trying to normalize/rationalize/excuse/talk-bout-what-about-Fred-f*cking-Van-Vleet this are nearly as deplorable as the ones who proudly cheered an injury to one of the best basketball players in the world. Possibly worse, since they don’t have any “we didn’t realize” excuse of their own.

The only acceptable response—which some have voiced—is: “I’m embarrassed for those fans, there’s no excuse for them, and they don’t speak for me.”
shza
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by shza » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:45 am

svart wrote:
MikeM wrote:

SJW i have heard of.

They cheeres louder after the ibaka’s play was over. I just watched it again.

It needed the raptors players to quiet them down.

You can spin it however you like, it is stil a **** reaction.

I am saying this for a week, it is sad to sacrifice everything for the sake of a championship. It is only a game of basketball, for christ’s sake, i don’t understand where all this hate and frustration come from.

If you want to win regardless of the cost, you don’t deserve to win it. When you forget sportmanship, fair play, why bother watching? Just to be able to show off with a title and a ring? I am watching sports for a long time, i understand passion, i understand love for the team, hell, even hate towards an hystorical rival at some extent. But these days is just seems everybody hetes everybody, it’s really stupid.

I made peace with the fact that this ship is lost, but after tonight’s game i really hope the Raps will be teached a lesson by the basketball gods. :D

( actually i still think the raps will win it, but man, would it be nice to be proven wrong)

Poetic justice would be Kawhi announcing that part of his decision to leave is shame over that reaction.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,697

Post#31 » by durden_tyler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:47 am

Warriors favored by 4 points in Game 6.

Let's see how that line moves but more excited to see how the books grade the Game 7 line.

On a non-betting note, Leonard's composure is his best asset but thinking if that at all changes in a Game 7 in the NBA Finals.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Clementine64
Starter
And1: 2,523

Post#32 » by Clementine64 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:48 am

shza wrote:These Raps fans trying to normalize/rationalize/excuse/talk-bout-what-about-Fred-f*cking-Van-Vleet this are nearly as deplorable as the ones who proudly cheered an injury to one of the best basketball players in the world. Possibly worse, since they don’t have any “we didn’t realize” excuse of their own.

The only acceptable response—which some have voiced—is: “I’m embarrassed for those fans, there’s no excuse for them, and they don’t speak for me.”

Many Americans r saying f Canada for cheering when they did the same thing is what we call hypocritical. Both sides were wrong to cheer an injury, but the disgusting hyprocisy must be pointed out so that both sides learn proper behaviour.
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#33 » by TheGOATWill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am

Under the category of questionable decision by Nurse aside from the timeout, how about the decision to lift Ibaka for Gasol coming down the stretch. Ibaka seemed to have it going on both ends.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Post#34 » by GameChannel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 am

Toronto fans apologizing by using the excuse of real fans, You're not sorry at all. You know why?cuz you're still making excuses for the "real fans".. the ones who were priced out. Dude! The entire Jurassic Park outside the arena was cheering upon his injury. There's video proof!!

I was at the Mississauga Jurassic Park and almost everyone of those idiots cheered as well.

And if you were truly sorry, you would not use the counter narrative (false one at that) that the Warriors should be blamed etc. They didn't force KD to play. If they really wanted to force him to play, they would have done that in Game 4.

Stop with this nonsense. Own up to the classless fanbase that is the Raptors fans. I'm a Torontonian born and raised. I know a thing or two about Toronto Sports Fans. Majority of them are by and large a bunch of classless idiots who think the entire world is out to get them.
shza
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by shza » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 am

durden_tyler wrote:Warriors favored by 4 points in Game 6.

Let's see how that line moves but more excited to see how the books grade the Game 7 line.

On a non-betting note, Leonard's composure is his best asset but thinking if that at all changes in a Game 7 in the NBA Finals.

Dude is an android — it’s not composure, it’s programming (really, disposition). Hate the way he’s been officiated, but no denying he’s a monster and the fools acting like he wasn’t in the same tier as KD, Steph and Giannis (really, Giannis!) could t have been more wrong.

I don’t think he’s shakeable.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#36 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:
iamtheking wrote:Hot take, but the reason why warriors executives and players were crying is cause they believe they are the reason why kd suffered that injury.

Especially bob myers, he already started playing the sympathy card right off the bat. Has it ever happened like this before?

That is exactly why he cried. He does not care about KD, he cares how to avoid his responsibility and play emotional card.

That...sounds really far fetched..he might actually be upset he let him play and potentially limit Durants playing career. That would make me emotional aswell probably. Knowing i could have stopped it.

Not really. Maybe a bit... but you will see tomorrow what is going to be a theme on all these shows; GSW win or Warriors responsibility to let him play. All podcasts I listened were very sceptical about true nature of his injury, almost all were mentioning Achilles. Use common logic, guy did not play for a whole month, and they did not even put him on minutes restriction?!? He played 12 minutes of 14 total?!?
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,697

Post#37 » by durden_tyler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:53 am

shza wrote:

Dude is an android — it’s not composure, it’s programming (really, disposition). Hate the way he’s been officiated, but no denying he’s a monster and the fools acting like he wasn’t in the same tier as KD, Steph and Giannis (really, Giannis!) could t have been more wrong.

True true. Despite the poor shooting today, he still went to work late 4th and gave them that (not so) comfortable lead. So all i ask is to see Kawhi in that Game 7 and see if he performs as well again.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#38 » by Maroko » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 am

Raptors be like when KD was out

SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#39 » by SwaggyB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 am

You realize the spread isn't set to be the actual expected outcome of the game right?
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#40 » by NapoleonII » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 am

infinite11285 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

Well, did the doctors clear him? I mean it has to be on them ultimately. The guy had a calf injury and clearly playing on it lead to this which is pretty bad, but you never know with these things.

No, we do know.

Several people who saw Kevin practice said he had no business being on an NBA court -- Jalen Rose included, who expressed as much on national television. When the Warriors officially ruled it a calf injury, many had doubted the legitimacy of the report due to the fact KD unequivocally grabbed his lower Achilles against Houston; the same exact spot he grabbed today. Couple tonight's injury that with the fact Kerr, "had no idea", supposedly, of Kevin's progression through the injury, or a SPECIFIC timetable for his return, and it looks like an intentional misinformation campaign by the Warriors. It just smells like Kevin was "cleared" after great "convincing" to get him on that court for the sake of another ring.

Either KD was lead astray by the medical staff, or he was in on the misinformation campaign. I sincerely hope the Warriors didn't put KD's career on the line for a ring. To me, this entire ordeal smells fishy.

Return to The General Board