NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
82
34%
Raps in 6
136
56%
Raps in 7
23
10%
 
Total votes: 241

radeonboy
Starter
Posts: 2,154
And1: 2,384
Joined: Apr 10, 2007

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#201 » by radeonboy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:30 am

NinjaBro wrote:

Skip and Shannon more rational than all the snakes here overreacting and trying to trash Toronto. :nonono:



SSSKKKKKKKIIIIIIIPPPPPPP!!!! #2 was smart to say NO.
radeonboy
Starter
Posts: 2,154
And1: 2,384
Joined: Apr 10, 2007

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#202 » by radeonboy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:32 am

ShotCreator wrote:Bob Meyers fake cried.


What a pointless press conference, what was Bob trying to achieve hosting it? He didn't give anything of substance.
User avatar
Rapaz
Head Coach
Posts: 6,072
And1: 19,468
Joined: Jun 12, 2014

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#203 » by Rapaz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:30 am

radeonboy wrote:
ShotCreator wrote:Bob Meyers fake cried.


What a pointless press conference, what was Bob trying to achieve hosting it? He didn't give anything of substance.

Image
HerrOKC
User avatar
Black Jack
Veteran
Posts: 2,947
And1: 3,875
Joined: Jan 24, 2013
Location: A long way from Starbucks homey
     

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#204 » by Black Jack » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:33 am

Ganji wrote:
Read on Twitter


This isn't going away is it....I think Bill/Bob might actually go down over this.
Thank you, KD

this my word: viewtopic.php?p=50106699#p50106699
User avatar
Son Goku 25
RealGM
Posts: 18,440
And1: 31,998
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
 

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#205 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 am

Klay has been the 2nd best player in this series, really impressed.
Read
User avatar
duppyy
RealGM
Posts: 14,748
And1: 8,183
Joined: Aug 04, 2004
Location: ???????, ??????
       

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#206 » by duppyy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:10 am

Is it Thursday yet? :(
HBK_Kliq_33
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,795
And1: 1,582
Joined: Jul 05, 2018

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#207 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:Klay has been the 2nd best player in this series, really impressed.


Agreed. Both Warriors wins were because of Klay, not curry.
will
RealGM
Posts: 15,320
And1: 11,141
Joined: Jan 08, 2006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant
Contact:
         

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#208 » by will » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:19 am

LETS GET THIS RAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
radeonboy
Starter
Posts: 2,154
And1: 2,384
Joined: Apr 10, 2007

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#209 » by radeonboy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 am

Rapaz wrote:
radeonboy wrote:
ShotCreator wrote:Bob Meyers fake cried.


What a pointless press conference, what was Bob trying to achieve hosting it? He didn't give anything of substance.

Image


Now you're following me around the forums? I've got real estate in your head apparently.

Image
User avatar
TrustFundBaby
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,210
And1: 12,725
Joined: Oct 17, 2012
 

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#210 » by TrustFundBaby » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:33 am

ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:Wish there was some way both franchises lost the finals this year. Between scumbag GS front office/medical staff/coaching and the cheering of a torn achilles. Both sides deserve to lose somehow.


The salt

Worry about not treadmilling
User avatar
TrustFundBaby
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,210
And1: 12,725
Joined: Oct 17, 2012
 

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#211 » by TrustFundBaby » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 am

yoyoboy wrote:I never thought this would happen, but I've switched who I'm cheering for and hope the Raptors blow this.

I'm the furthest thing from a Warriors fan and I think the FO was completely negligent for okaying Durant playing this soon. But watching the Raptors fans inside and outside the arena going nuts when Durant went down was pretty disgusting. And then you've got the incident of the dude getting sucker punched twice by two Raps fans. Also I've got a friend I used to go to school with who lives in Toronto now, and he was at the game and said any GS fans who went to the game were heckled and insulted all game long past what he saw as the acceptable level. Raptors fans on this board have been pretty obnoxious lately in my opinion, as well, and it's been a little annoying to see the exaggeration of how well Kawhi is playing (to the point of even downplaying the performances of their own guys, who have been awesome!) and all these assertions that he's maybe having the GOAT peak and clearly better than LeBron ever was. One, there's zero argument for that, and it's especially strange to see that as if Raptors fans didn't get an up close and personal look at how LeBron destroyed them the past few years in the postseason. With all of this in mind, I don't think the Raptors fanbase are "bad fans," I just think they've become spoiled by this playoff run after years of not really coming close or feeling like they had a legitimate chance to win it all, and their excitement has gotten the best of them. Seeing them knocked down a peg or two after tasting that sweet championship and falling just short will be sort of a learning lesson. Finally, Durant's injury and the knowledge that he'll never be close to the same player again is pretty heartbreaking, and I don't want his short-lived return to be for nothing. There's no doubt in my mind GS would have lost last night without the good minutes KD gave them yesterday (11 points on 5 shots, +6) and now you've got a team that has to be extra motivated and rallying around and for him. If they threepeat, Durant absolutely helped achieve that.


Haha LBJ stans shook. Kawhi is gonna beat the big bad warriors that routinely slapped LBJ don't worry
User avatar
RaptorsLife
RealGM
Posts: 48,298
And1: 82,155
Joined: Feb 16, 2015
Location: Brampton
   

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#212 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 am

I’m glad the finals are finally exciting. Last 2 years of Lebron and cavs getting destroyed made June less exciting

If warriors comeback and win. They deserve it and raptors choked

Karma all this other bull **** doesn’t exist.
Raptors til death
User avatar
BBallchallenged
Junior
Posts: 424
And1: 338
Joined: Apr 01, 2016
   

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#213 » by BBallchallenged » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:49 am

TrustFundBaby wrote:
Haha LBJ stans shook. Kawhi is gonna beat the big bad warriors that routinely slapped LBJ don't worry


How about we wait until they actually win something?
User avatar
TrustFundBaby
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,210
And1: 12,725
Joined: Oct 17, 2012
 

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#214 » by TrustFundBaby » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 am

BBallchallenged wrote:
TrustFundBaby wrote:
Haha LBJ stans shook. Kawhi is gonna beat the big bad warriors that routinely slapped LBJ don't worry


How about we wait until they actually win something?


Warriors without KD can't hang for a full 48 mins with these Raptors
User avatar
RaptorsLife
RealGM
Posts: 48,298
And1: 82,155
Joined: Feb 16, 2015
Location: Brampton
   

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#215 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:51 am

BBallchallenged wrote:
TrustFundBaby wrote:
Haha LBJ stans shook. Kawhi is gonna beat the big bad warriors that routinely slapped LBJ don't worry


How about we wait until they actually win something?

Dude the people who already predicting raptors wins confidently won’t be showing face if warriors wins in 7

We might as well act cocky. Nobody will be here to answer anything if that happens lol
Raptors til death
User avatar
Smash3
RealGM
Posts: 10,442
And1: 6,452
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#216 » by Smash3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 am

Raptors are so incompetent, they’re up by 6 with the ball with 3 minutes to end the season.

Lowry missed a 3, throws the ball away and misses the buzzer beater.
Rip City
G: Kyrie Irving | D.J. Augustin
G: Courtney Lee | Jonathan Simmon
F: Kevin Durant | Justin Jackson
F: Marvin Bagley | Jeff Green
C: JaVale McGee | Dwight Powell
LoveMyRaps
General Manager
Posts: 8,401
And1: 15,419
Joined: Jun 10, 2013
       

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#217 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:25 am

Smash3 wrote:Raptors are so incompetent, they’re up by 6 with the ball with 3 minutes to end the season.

Lowry missed a 3, throws the ball away and misses the buzzer beater.


An ''incompetent'' team magically made the finals I guess?
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Image
User avatar
Smash3
RealGM
Posts: 10,442
And1: 6,452
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#218 » by Smash3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:41 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Smash3 wrote:Raptors are so incompetent, they’re up by 6 with the ball with 3 minutes to end the season.

Lowry missed a 3, throws the ball away and misses the buzzer beater.


An ''incompetent'' team magically made the finals I guess?


Kawhi has been the difference, and he was the difference capping of a 10-0 run for only raps incompetence to bumble it all away.
Rip City
G: Kyrie Irving | D.J. Augustin
G: Courtney Lee | Jonathan Simmon
F: Kevin Durant | Justin Jackson
F: Marvin Bagley | Jeff Green
C: JaVale McGee | Dwight Powell
mudsak
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,777
And1: 1,426
Joined: Aug 12, 2016
 

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#219 » by mudsak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 am

The thing that blew me away more than anything about this game was when Nick Nurse called that timeout with 3min to go?!?!?!....
The Raps were peaking on their first run that produced a lead, Kawhi was completely taking over the game.... up by 6, momentum, Kawhi on fire, and Raps coach takes a time out?!? WTF was that?!? Unbelievable.

People can point at that last shot by Lowry all they want, but Nick Nurse botched that game with an ill advised time out imo. The time out killed the best momentum/energy they had all game long, and gave GS the perfect opportunity to re-gather their composure. GS came out after that time out and nailed 3 big shots in a row and stole the game. Worst time out I've ever seen by a head coach.
svart
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,314
And1: 1,034
Joined: Jul 02, 2014
   

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#220 » by svart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 am

TrustFundBaby wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:I never thought this would happen, but I've switched who I'm cheering for and hope the Raptors blow this.

I'm the furthest thing from a Warriors fan and I think the FO was completely negligent for okaying Durant playing this soon. But watching the Raptors fans inside and outside the arena going nuts when Durant went down was pretty disgusting. And then you've got the incident of the dude getting sucker punched twice by two Raps fans. Also I've got a friend I used to go to school with who lives in Toronto now, and he was at the game and said any GS fans who went to the game were heckled and insulted all game long past what he saw as the acceptable level. Raptors fans on this board have been pretty obnoxious lately in my opinion, as well, and it's been a little annoying to see the exaggeration of how well Kawhi is playing (to the point of even downplaying the performances of their own guys, who have been awesome!) and all these assertions that he's maybe having the GOAT peak and clearly better than LeBron ever was. One, there's zero argument for that, and it's especially strange to see that as if Raptors fans didn't get an up close and personal look at how LeBron destroyed them the past few years in the postseason. With all of this in mind, I don't think the Raptors fanbase are "bad fans," I just think they've become spoiled by this playoff run after years of not really coming close or feeling like they had a legitimate chance to win it all, and their excitement has gotten the best of them. Seeing them knocked down a peg or two after tasting that sweet championship and falling just short will be sort of a learning lesson. Finally, Durant's injury and the knowledge that he'll never be close to the same player again is pretty heartbreaking, and I don't want his short-lived return to be for nothing. There's no doubt in my mind GS would have lost last night without the good minutes KD gave them yesterday (11 points on 5 shots, +6) and now you've got a team that has to be extra motivated and rallying around and for him. If they threepeat, Durant absolutely helped achieve that.


Haha LBJ stans shook. Kawhi is gonna beat the big bad warriors that routinely slapped LBJ don't worry


Yoyoboy was one of the good posters when we went against Cleveland, even when they lost. There are a lot of Lebron stans around here, but i don’t think he is one of them, he always tried to stay objective.
So you’re argument is invalid.
It is time to accept that you have some scumbags within your fanbase who cheered for an injury and that some people don’t like it. Evey team has probably, yours were just cought with the pants down. But stop trying to spin it, it’s pathetic already.

Return to The General Board