NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,479

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#41 » by durden_tyler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:56 am

SwaggyB wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Warriors favored by 4 points in Game 6.

Let's see how that line moves but more excited to see how the books grade the Game 7 line.

On a non-betting note, Leonard's composure is his best asset but thinking if that at all changes in a Game 7 in the NBA Finals.
You realize the spread isn't set to be the actual expected outcome of the game right?

Of course. Like the Raptors were favored to win the series after gaining that 3-1 lead.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,415

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#42 » by NapoleonII » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 am

The player's union needs to investigate GSW front office and medical staff from top to bottom.
L3GEND4RY
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#43 » by L3GEND4RY » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 am

Dubs in 7.

Signature by freshcontrast
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#44 » by SwaggyB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 am

durden_tyler wrote:
SwaggyB wrote:

Let's see how that line moves but more excited to see how the books grade the Game 7 line.

On a non-betting note, Leonard's composure is his best asset but thinking if that at all changes in a Game 7 in the NBA Finals.
You realize the spread isn't set to be the actual expected outcome of the game right?

Of course. Like the Raptors were favored to win the series after gaining that 3-1 lead.

Not really the same.. I don't think you get it.
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,324

Post#45 » by Bolivar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:07 am

Without commenting on the injury issues, I think it's nice and meaningful that KD really left his mark in the series. His 3/3 from three-pointers early in the game is what gave Golden State control of the game and let them avoid the common finals scenario where home team goes on a run, takes a commanding lead and at that point even the Raptors couldn't have choked it.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,479

Post#46 » by durden_tyler » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am

SwaggyB wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
SwaggyB wrote:You realize the spread isn't set to be the actual expected outcome of the game right?

Not really the same.. I don't think you get it.

Maybe not. But i know betting Warriors, when they were down 1-3, makes me feel happy that this one is going to seven games. So i have a fighting chance of winning that big bet. ;)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Cavaliers2
Sixth Man
And1: 1,958

Post#47 » by Cavaliers2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am

NapoleonII wrote:The player's union needs to investigate GSW front office and medical staff from top to bottom.

Too bad KD didn't doubt the Warriors medical staff like Kawhi did with the spurs...
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#48 » by LKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:20 am

I'd still like to see the Raptors win.. but I'm glad the Warriors pulled it out. Losing the title and KD like that on the same night would have been awful. I'm glad they got a least something positivel out of tonight. Guessing the Raptors close it out in 6 but a good showing either way for the reigning champs
LKN
General Manager

Post#49 » by LKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 am

GS is still going to lose. Lost in the KD mess is the fact that Looney is gone again.. that means horrible defense featuring Cousins is hear to stay for the rest of the series.

Toronto really crapped the bed tonight.... not even getting up shots in multiple times in crunch time
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,988

Post#50 » by Coco Costanza » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:31 am

GameChannel wrote:Toronto fans apologizing by using the excuse of real fans, You're not sorry at all. You know why?cuz you're still making excuses for the "real fans".. the ones who were priced out. Dude! The entire Jurassic Park outside the arena was cheering upon his injury. There's video proof!!

I was at the Mississauga Jurassic Park and almost everyone of those idiots cheered as well.

And if you were truly sorry, you would not use the counter narrative (false one at that) that the Warriors should be blamed etc. They didn't force KD to play. If they really wanted to force him to play, they would have done that in Game 4.

Stop with this nonsense. Own up to the classless fanbase that is the Raptors fans. I'm a Torontonian born and raised. I know a thing or two about Toronto Sports Fans. Majority of them are by and large a bunch of classless idiots who think the entire world is out to get them.

You don't sound like you're from Toronto at all.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#51 » by Matty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:37 am

Honestly as a fan it would have been hard celebrating a title to the fullest tonight after that incident. Dealing with injuries that sidelined me from doing my hobbies the past half year has given me a fuller perspective on the players side of things, not that I didn't see it already. I was actually hoping right before the game that regardless of the results everyone came out safely including the fans because you never know with live events in the biggest stage. It hurts seeing my team lose but it's good seeing those other guys fight to see another day as a token of appreciation for what KD did in game 5.

That being said I don't want to see a game 7.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 994

Post#52 » by GameChannel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:40 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
GameChannel wrote:Toronto fans apologizing by using the excuse of real fans, You're not sorry at all. You know why?cuz you're still making excuses for the "real fans".. the ones who were priced out. Dude! The entire Jurassic Park outside the arena was cheering upon his injury. There's video proof!!

I was at the Mississauga Jurassic Park and almost everyone of those idiots cheered as well.

And if you were truly sorry, you would not use the counter narrative (false one at that) that the Warriors should be blamed etc. They didn't force KD to play. If they really wanted to force him to play, they would have done that in Game 4.

Stop with this nonsense. Own up to the classless fanbase that is the Raptors fans. I'm a Torontonian born and raised. I know a thing or two about Toronto Sports Fans. Majority of them are by and large a bunch of classless idiots who think the entire world is out to get them.

You don't sound like you're from Toronto at all.

Just because I don't blindly follow the mob doesn't mean I'm not from Toronto. I love my city. Doesn't mean I can't call the BS I see from Toronto Sports fans.

Guess what? Some of us follow teams from before Raptors existed. In my case, the Spurs. Belonging to a city doesnt mean you have to be a fan of everything that comes with it.

And I see enough bandwagon fans who are buying raps merchandise and getting together in bars and on the streets chanting we the north just so they can post their **** on Instagram and be part of the cool crowd. The couldnt care less about the raps if they become a lotto team tomorrow.
Guest202
Sixth Man
And1: 1,245

Post#53 » by Guest202 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:42 am

NapoleonII wrote:The player's union needs to investigate GSW front office and medical staff from top to bottom.

Rushed back Cousins, Looney, and KD. KD needs to sue them for $500M+.
kazyv
Junior
And1: 456

Post#54 » by kazyv » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:42 am

sounds like easy money to me. the warriors defense has been **** 90% of the series. raptors have been getting whatever they want on offense. you can't win like this
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#55 » by shza » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:43 am

LKN wrote:GS is still going to lose. Lost in the KD mess is the fact that Looney is gone again.. that means horrible defense featuring Cousins is hear to stay for the rest of the series.

Toronto really crapped the bed tonight.... not even getting up shots in multiple times in crunch time

You’re right about the gravity of losing Looney again and the fact that he is a better basketball player than this version of DMC (#5allstars #so-unfair).
dred926
Senior
And1: 449

Post#56 » by dred926 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:48 am

Kyle lowry will make up for his ugly 4th quarter.... he will get shoved again .
xfactor99
Junior
And1: 397

Post#57 » by xfactor99 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 am

LKN wrote:GS is still going to lose. Lost in the KD mess is the fact that Looney is gone again.. that means horrible defense featuring Cousins is hear to stay for the rest of the series.

I'm not optimistic about the rest of the series but Looney is playing Game 6 apparently.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#58 » by Chandan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 am

That's why i wasn't really impressed with the whole Jurassic part and best fans in the world narrative when some of our posters kept trying to force it down the GB's throat. Sure the numbers and hype seems impressive. But the majority are just bored people who jumped onto the bandwagon overnight. They have no idea how to conduct themselves as sport fans.
I was not upset that KD got injured, nor did i felt happy about it. My thought right when KD got injuried (before there were even any waving gestures) was "uh oh I know exactly what this fan base that lack awareness and basic etiquette is going to do, I hope we dont all get lumped together and embarrassed as a whole"
LKN
General Manager

Post#59 » by LKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 am

xfactor99 wrote:

I'm not optimistic about the rest of the series but Looney is playing Game 6 apparently.

Really? Interesting... he looked pretty jacked up out there... but I guess its just a pain thing
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#60 » by Showdown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:02 am

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board