NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#81 » by SweetTouch » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:54 am

How much money did paskiascrub have on the warriors last night

Certified bum
Stop being so disrespectful.
millslapper
Senior
And1: 332

Re: 2019 NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#82 » by millslapper » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Leonard is too strong. He will take it late at Oracle.
RapsAndJays21
RealGM
And1: 16,319

Post#83 » by RapsAndJays21 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Finally some drama in this series haha... it was a friendly match for the first 4 games.
Rep T Dot, till they bury me.
RapsAndJays21
RealGM
And1: 16,319

Post#84 » by RapsAndJays21 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 pm

SweetTouch wrote:How much money did paskiascrub have on the warriors last night

Certified bum

LOL.
Rep T Dot, till they bury me.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#86 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm

After KD injury and initial fan reaction game completely changed its complexion and it was not the same. Everyone was shock, especially Raptors players. Felt like the air left the building. They just gave Warriors the win, despite the fact that objectively they did not deserve to win and it’s only fair for this game NOT to be decisive one.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#87 » by TwoStarz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:53 pm

GameChannel wrote:Toronto fans apologizing by using the excuse of real fans, You're not sorry at all. You know why?cuz you're still making excuses for the "real fans".. the ones who were priced out. Dude! The entire Jurassic Park outside the arena was cheering upon his injury. There's video proof!!

I was at the Mississauga Jurassic Park and almost everyone of those idiots cheered as well.

And if you were truly sorry, you would not use the counter narrative (false one at that) that the Warriors should be blamed etc. They didn't force KD to play. If they really wanted to force him to play, they would have done that in Game 4.

Stop with this nonsense. Own up to the classless fanbase that is the Raptors fans. I'm a Torontonian born and raised. I know a thing or two about Toronto Sports Fans. Majority of them are by and large a bunch of classless idiots who think the entire world is out to get them.

Being from the area I whole heatedly agree. I can't and have never been able to stand Toronto fans.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#88 » by laika » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:After KD injury and initial fan reaction game completely changed its complexion and it was not the same. Everyone was shock, especially Raptors players. Felt like the air left the building. They just gave Warriors the win, despite the fact that objectively they did not deserve to win and it’s only fair for this game NOT to be decisive one.

Warrior Field Goal%---46.3
Warrior 3 pt %---------47.6
Warrior Free Throw %-71.4
Warrior free throws-----14

Raptor Field Goal%----44.7
Raptor 3 Pt %-----------25.0
Raptor Free Throw %--77.8
Raptor free throws-------27

Warriors were close to objectively the better team in game 5.
Refs were heavily in favor of the Raptors. They made at least 3 terrible calls in the last few minutes. Missing the obvious Kawhi travel, missing the Cousins goaltend call and a pathetic offensive foul call on a screen that happens every time down the court. Of course there was the big free throw disparity also.
It would have been an utter disgrace if the Championship were decided on calls like that.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach

Post#89 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 pm

TwoStarz wrote:
GameChannel wrote:Toronto fans apologizing by using the excuse of real fans, You're not sorry at all. You know why?cuz you're still making excuses for the "real fans".. the ones who were priced out. Dude! The entire Jurassic Park outside the arena was cheering upon his injury. There's video proof!!

I was at the Mississauga Jurassic Park and almost everyone of those idiots cheered as well.

And if you were truly sorry, you would not use the counter narrative (false one at that) that the Warriors should be blamed etc. They didn't force KD to play. If they really wanted to force him to play, they would have done that in Game 4.

Stop with this nonsense. Own up to the classless fanbase that is the Raptors fans. I'm a Torontonian born and raised. I know a thing or two about Toronto Sports Fans. Majority of them are by and large a bunch of classless idiots who think the entire world is out to get them.

Being from the area I whole heatedly agree. I can't and have never been able to stand Toronto fans.

This is sad! Go to your green pastures and spit on your own, you never belonged among us. Posting clips about fans cheering injury but skipping the part where after they were chanting: K.D., K.D., K.D. Is just filled with hate. I for sure will be first to stand against this and denounce these morons, but also to identify haters like you two who for whatever reason decide to push this heinous agenda. You should be ashamed of yourself!
Vlade Divac
Head Coach

Post#90 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:12 pm

laika wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:After KD injury and initial fan reaction game completely changed its complexion and it was not the same. Everyone was shock, especially Raptors players. Felt like the air left the building. They just gave Warriors the win, despite the fact that objectively they did not deserve to win and it’s only fair for this game NOT to be decisive one.

Refs were heavily in favor of the Raptors. They made at least 3 terrible calls in the last few minutes. Missing the obvious Kawhi travel, missing the Cousins goaltend call and a pathetic offensive foul call on a screen that happens every time down the court. Of course there was the big free throw disparity also.
It would have been an utter disgrace if the Championship were decided on calls like that.

Listen to Windhorst/Lowe podcast and see what they say about Kawhi travel and Cousins foul. I ALREADY stated that GSW deserved to win, but not with the fact that refs were pro Raptors.
milkii
Rookie
And1: 835

Post#91 » by milkii » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 pm

I am entertained. This series has become interesting.

Who is next to be injured?
WebEmbiid
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#92 » by WebEmbiid » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Considering the work load Kawhi took on last night, I wonder if seeing KD go down makes him a bit more reserved in his play.

Maybe even spook him a little.
Firespo
Junior
And1: 533

Post#93 » by Firespo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:24 pm

xfactor99 wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
lambchop wrote:I still can't believe Lowry hit the back of the backboard on the shot for the championship

It was supposedly partially blocked. Would explain it.

It's way funnier to think it wasn't blocked though and Lowry just is the ultimate choke artist lol :lol:
Firespo
Junior
And1: 533

Post#94 » by Firespo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:
laika wrote:

Listen to Windhorst/Lowe podcast and see what they say about Kawhi travel and Cousins foul. I ALREADY stated that GSW deserved to win, but not with the fact that refs were pro Raptors.
lol they clearly were though. The call to take cousins tip in away was one of the worst calls I've ever seen and by that time it was clearly blatant who the refs wanted to win.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,080

Post#95 » by mademan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Firespo wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:
laika wrote:

lol they clearly were though. The call to take cousins tip in away was one of the worst calls I've ever seen and by that time it was clearly blatant who the refs wanted to win.

Its in the rule books, lol. If any part of the ball is above the cylinder, even the smallest amount, its goaltending for the player to touch it.

And that Cousins screen is clearly an offensive foul, and the Raps only got it because Curry got a 3 off the same screen a min ago to tie the game. Dude bumped the chit out of FVV and gave Curry like 5 feet of space. That should be ok to you? lol
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#96 » by Sisqo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:42 pm

TwoStarz wrote:

Man you guys are the equivalent of a male feminist. I was in the building and can tell you that Yes some fans cheered because he got hurt like you see in the video BUT a lot cheered because of the turnover and when they saw he was hurt they clapped after he got up. Fueling this idiotic narrative that EVERYONE was happy he got hurt isn't helping. The people who cheered because he got hurt wether it be in the building outside or in Missasauga are jerks but they hardly represent the whole fan base. Pretending they do is ignorant. I don't support any fan he cheered or waved by to Durant but I also won't jump to lump everyone together in a ugly attempt to virtue signal to other fan bases just for And1's, its gross.

Talk to me when your video proof can explain the reason for each persons cheer, a lot of things happened at once and not everyone is a **** who cheered for the same reason. None of this excuses the ones who did but generalizing doesn't make things better.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,080

Post#97 » by mademan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:43 pm

I dont put it past the Warriors, but theyre gonna need 2 more strong shooting nights to get the win with the Raps struggling.

The warriors scored 106 total last night. They got a third of those points in the 1st quarter. Their offense has been pretty pedestrian without KD this entire series.
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#98 » by Sisqo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Firespo wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:
laika wrote:

That just isn't true, they need conclusive evidence that the call was incorrect and 3 officials and the NBA didn't find any. it looked like the edge of the ball was above the cylinder so they can't reverse the call. If they had more angles maybe but they didn't. They made the right call based on the video they had.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#99 » by Warriorfan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:49 pm

One thing lost in the unfortunate KD reinjury is that Green got another T and 1 more and he misses game 7.

Game 6 in a home crowd in an elimination game played for KD will be emotionally charged.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#100 » by radeonboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:50 pm

People live under a rock and are truly naive of the world if they truly believe that this reaction doesn't happen exactly the way it did any where else. There have been numerous examples of this on both sides of the border in sports history. The common denominator comes down to (some) humans having a tendency to do bad things. Sometimes humans do **** things in the world. WTF you gonna do right?

Clementine64 wrote:
shza wrote:These Raps fans trying to normalize/rationalize/excuse/talk-bout-what-about-Fred-f*cking-Van-Vleet this are nearly as deplorable as the ones who proudly cheered an injury to one of the best basketball players in the world. Possibly worse, since they don’t have any “we didn’t realize” excuse of their own.

The only acceptable response—which some have voiced—is: “I’m embarrassed for those fans, there’s no excuse for them, and they don’t speak for me.”

Many Americans r saying f Canada for cheering when they did the same thing is what we call hypocritical. Both sides were wrong to cheer an injury, but the disgusting hyprocisy must be pointed out so that both sides learn proper behaviour.

Return to The General Board