Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks

TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Re: Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks 

Post#21 » by TheProfessor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 pm

The thing that made the sixers difficult was Brett Brown, I would trade Nurse for Brown in a second.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Post#22 » by niQ » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Their size was definitely a huge factor. FVV was pretty much unplayable that series. Once Ben Simmons develops a shot, it'll be scary.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#23 » by T-d0t » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 pm

otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I was honestly more scared playing Philly than I was playing the Bucks and a Durantless Warriors. I can still be proven wrong in the next two games but that's just how I felt.

Many would feel this way. The bucks were fools gold.

The Bucks were one free throw away from winning game 3 and they would be playing the warriors right now. I don't understand all of the cockiness from Raptor fans.
I think that the Bucks would be able to force turnovers and get even more open 3s against the Sixers.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#24 » by duppyy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm

niQ wrote:Their size was definitely a huge factor. FVV was pretty much unplayable that series. Once Ben Simmons develops a shot, it'll be scary.

IF he develops a shot, which he won't.

Maybe now that he's not dating a jenner or kardashian he will focus on improving his shot.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#25 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm

TheProfessor wrote:The thing that made the sixers difficult was Brett Brown, I would trade Nurse for Brown in a second.

I like Brown as a person but I don’t think he sets himself apart as a coach. The credit should go to the players (or Brand) more so than Brown.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#26 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:47 pm

The black hole for Bucks is Bledsoe, he got owned by Rozier and Lowry last 2 playoff years. Overall I do think 76ers are more talented though.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,594

Post#27 » by dc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:51 pm

niQ wrote:Their size was definitely a huge factor. FVV was pretty much unplayable that series. Once Ben Simmons develops a shot, it'll be scary.

Grab a Snickers bar for that. Guy's dad was a professional basketball player and he's been around the game since birth. If he hasn't developed a shot by now, it's not looking good.

This isn't Embiid or Hakeem picking up the game in their early teen years.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,392

Post#28 » by phanman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:54 pm

In terms of matching up against us, yes they were. We like to play our two PG lineups with Freddy and Lowry and with the size that the 76ers have in the back court it was a terrible series for both guys, especially Freddy. With Freddy not clicking, we had got almost nothing from the bench.

That said, I'd take the Bucks > the 76ers if they matched up this post season, but in reality all teams are pretty damn close.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,085

Post#29 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:54 pm

otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I was honestly more scared playing Philly than I was playing the Bucks and a Durantless Warriors. I can still be proven wrong in the next two games but that's just how I felt.

The Bucks were one free throw away from winning game 3 and they would be playing the warriors right now. I don't understand all of the cockiness from Raptor fans.

Wasn't meant to be cocky. Any one of these teams could have easily won the title if a few things were their way. Me saying the Sixers scared me more than the Bucks isn't a slight at the Bucks, it was supposed to be a compliment to the Sixers.

Don't agree at all with the Fools Gold comment for the very reason you stated. We barely won game 3, which would have all but ended our season.
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#30 » by TheProfessor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:57 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:The thing that made the sixers difficult was Brett Brown, I would trade Nurse for Brown in a second.

I like Brown as a person but I don’t think he sets himself apart as a coach. The credit should go to the players (or Brand) more so than Brown.

The Embiid/Siakam switch saved the series and I don't know many coaches ballsy enough to that switch. Especially after 1 game. Brown saw the best chance to win and took decisive action. That's literally a coaches job, put your team in a position to succeed. While Nurse someone found it impossible to match Embiid/Gasol's minutes didn't help.

I think Brand deserves to get tarred and feathered, the Harris trade was horrible. Jimmy trade wasn't bad, but much like Kawhi at this point in his career he is more offense than defense type player and to get maximum value out of Jimmy, he needs the ball in his hands much like Simmons/Embiid. I just feel like Brand could done better or been more patient with his assets.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,356

Post#31 » by mkot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 pm

otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

Fact is you guys barely won Game 1 at home and went on to lose 4 straight.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#32 » by BigShaq34 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:09 pm

otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

when you lose 4 straight you weren't very close

sixers gave the tougher challenge
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#33 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm

otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#34 » by BigShaq34 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lmao love the crow they are eating now.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#35 » by sixers4real » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 pm

As a Sixers fan I hope Sixers keep their main core, Bucks do the the same, and Kawhi stays with Raptors. So we can have amazing East playoffs years to go.

I think this Sixers team have a real chance at the Championship in the next 5 years.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#36 » by Showdown » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

This means that Bucks were better because players don't give credits to those that were their competitors because there are always negative feelings between them so they promote weaker players/teams to try to take a shot toward their biggest rivals .
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Post#37 » by udfa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:30 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:Doesn't sound like it was simply a match up issue.

From Zach Lowe's article

I don't see where Green says the Sixers were "better" than the Bucks, just that they were more talented and presented match-up issues for Toronto that Milwaukee didn't.
otmshank1
Junior
And1: 416

Post#38 » by otmshank1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Fair enough, but where was all the fools gold talk when you were down 0-2?
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,443

Post#39 » by Jables » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:07 pm

For the Raptors matchup it's obviously true, Boban arguably lost the Sixers the series but besides that they were looking likely to beat them at one stage, I like the Sixers going forward there is nothing to prove they are better than the Bucks right now though.
otmshank1
Junior
And1: 416

Post#40 » by otmshank1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 pm

mkot wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

Fact is you guys barely won Game 1 at home and went on to lose 4 straight.

Yes, momentum can swing quickly, especially after a deciding game. The Raptors may be on the other side of this soon
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it

Return to The General Board