Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,605

Re: Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks 

Post#61 » by BloodNinja » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:46 am

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. If you're not first you're last.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#62 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:04 am

Was yelling it all series the 76er had the series won but played like complete morons. Take into account the raptors role players were at all time trash outside of Kawhi when they figured to put Embiid on Siakam.

Compare how easily Ben Simmons can get to the rim compared to Greek Freak. Simmons had the speed, ball handling and in air agility Greek makes up for with length. Simmons was also an athletic monster who found ways to get around Gasol and Ibaka WHEN HE TRIED! You had Jimmy Butler who was playing so well they had to take Kawhi off Simmons and on him which gave him a instance matchup advantage. That man beasted game 6 and played like a straight weenie game 7.

Joel Embiid man that was the most selfish crap I’ve ever seen. You could tell from game 1 they did not need to force the issue with Embiid to win the series. Play elite defense and fluster Siakam and get some hustle points. All they had to do and then what happens they let him go one on one with Marc Gasol leading to late shot clock and bad turnovers.

People then supported Brown getting a vote of confidence!?!?!?
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#63 » by LakerLegend » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:29 am

Basketball is a game of matchups.

Philly might have been a tougher matchup for Toronto but everything else tells us Milwaukee was a better team.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#64 » by Lalouie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:58 am

sixers have better vet help
pau is way too old. brook and hill are only ok. they don't provide a one really special thing as well as butler redick harris.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#65 » by freethedevil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 am

VinBaker6 wrote:Doesn't sound like it was simply a match up issue.

From Zach Lowe's article

He literally says "the fast pace they play was in our favor."

That is by definition, a matchup issue. :lol:
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#66 » by freethedevil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:08 am

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I was honestly more scared playing Philly than I was playing the Bucks and a Durantless Warriors. I can still be proven wrong in the next two games but that's just how I felt.

Many would feel this way. The bucks were fools gold.

fools gold took the likely champs to a 1 ppg 6 game series. Here come the hottakes. :lol: :lol:
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#67 » by freethedevil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:10 am

BigShaq34 wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Many would feel this way. The bucks were fools gold.

The Bucks were one free throw away from winning game 3 and they would be playing the warriors right now. I don't understand all of the cockiness from Raptor fans.

when you lose 4 straight you weren't very close

sixers gave the tougher challenge

4 straight by 6 ppg? Shall we ignore how the raptors lost 2 straight? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess the 2016 warriors "weren't even close" to the 2016 cavs. All these awful takes.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#68 » by C_Money » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:12 am

Yeah I watched every minute of both series and he’s absolutely right.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#69 » by freethedevil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 am

Matty wrote:You could take the best 10 out of GS minus KD and Bucks and I still think a healthy Embiid and a Ben Simmons with a midrange would be more daunting to defend for the Raptors.

If that core stays together I can see them being the next dynasty in the league.

yeah,tbh, as of right now, philly would be my (extremely premature) pick for 2020 champions. I can definitely see the bucks or the raptors doing it. I do wonder who will emerge from the west. even if warriors came back from this it looks like this is their last hurrah. But i'm not sure who in the west would challenge them yet.
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,492

Post#70 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:36 am

everdiso wrote:They did give the champs their toughest series. And it was a toss up.

:-?
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#71 » by Tomjas » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 am

Sixers should have won that series

Simmons didn’t turn up in game 4 when they had the chance to bury the Raptors

In game 7, virtually everyone Toronto player bar Kawhi and Ibaka choked offensively before Embiid/Jimmy screwed up for 3 minutes in 4th quarter

Should never have gone down to last shot
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,541

Post#72 » by SFour » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:25 am

Raptors only had 6 usable players in the Sixers series...the starters & Ibaka...against the Bucks the Raptors were able to use 8 players which made things A LOT more easier, especially for Kawhi.

All you have to look at is the Raptors bench production in the Sixers series compared to the Bucks series..
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,541

Post#73 » by SFour » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:29 am

freethedevil wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:Doesn't sound like it was simply a match up issue.

From Zach Lowe's article

He literally says "the fast pace they play was in our favor."

That is by definition, a matchup issue. :lol:

It definitely was a matchup issue...FVV was unplayable because the Sixers didn't use a real backup PG, they used either Simmons or Butler to handle the ball...FVV has no chance going up against those two giants.

Against the Bucks, FVV and Powell were actually playable & were effective which made things a lot more easier for the starters.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,427

Post#74 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 am

I think the Sixers are a better team in the playoffs than the Bucks, but the Sixers do match up really well with Toronto.

If they had a competent backup center, they would have won that series.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#75 » by Antinomy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:00 am

Sixers series was 4 blowouts & 3 close games.

Danny Green was an abomination in the Bucks series so I’m not sure what he’s talking about. VanVleet & Powell were the ones who killed us in that series, in addition to fact that the Raptors completely outshot us from 3. 4 guys. Gasol, Lowry, Powell & FVV all shot above 40% from 3 with VanVleet shooting an absurd 57% from downtown.

Bledsoe shot 29% from the field with Mirotic not far behind at 34%, but wait, they also shot 17% & 19% from 3 respectively!

Not to mention that Kawhi somehow managed to shoot more FTs in that series than Giannis, which is laughable in all honesty.

With basically every variable swinging towards Toronto, it took Bledsoe & Mirotic to submarine the team & FVV to have an all-time shooting performance for them to slide by.
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Post#76 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:21 am

VanVleet going god mode is pretty much the main reason the Raptors beat the Bucks. Green was trash though, maybe he is just pissed he couldn’t do anything against the Bucks. Series was much closer that the 6 game series suggests. I felt like the Raptors man handled the Sixers in the games they won. However, all but one game against the Bucks was a struggle. Plus the Bucks just obliterated the Raptors in game 2. I’m getting tired of so many fans dismissing the Bucks so quickly.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#77 » by GordanFreeman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:16 am

Danny Green needs to break his 3 pointers-in-a-game record tonight to make up for all the duds he's put up so far.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#78 » by Clay Davis » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:45 am

I like how he literally never said the Sixers were better than the Bucks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Joerezz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#79 » by Joerezz7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:03 pm

Danny Green is right. Bucks are trash. Just a good regular season team. Greek freak is overrated and got exposed by the Raptors. Sixers are a much better team than the Bucks
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

There is nothing inherently different about winning in the Finals compared to winning other playoff seriess,
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#80 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:22 pm

There starting 5 had a crazy net rating in the playoffs, even with Tobias Harris playing like Tobias Funke
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to The General Board