Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Merc85
Freshman
And1: 122

Re: Woj: Celtics and Lakers Engaged with Pelicans on Anthony Davis Trade 

Post#61 » by Merc85 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Middle Child wrote:
Merc85 wrote:#4 , Zo and Ingram enough? If I was the Lakers I would hold on to kuzma

You can find another Kuzma.

#4, Zo, Ingram, Kuzma and whatever it takes to get AD.

What's the rest of the team then?
OnlyOneWay2Play
Junior
And1: 399

Post#62 » by OnlyOneWay2Play » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:I feel like AD would be a good fit in Boston. They could give up Tatum, Smart and their 'treasure trove' of picks. A lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, AD and Horford would be pretty hard to beat

Don't see how they have the assets to pull this off while keeping Brown.

They will keep Brown for sure if they trade for Davis. They aren't trading Brown/Tatum/Smart and all the picks. I'm actually willing to bet on that.

Yeah because at the end of the day, the Celtics aren't going to offer anything. They are just serving as the fake leverage for NOP to try to screw the Lakers. You really think there is ANY chance AD stays to play with a capped-out roster of:

Rozier
Brown
Hayward
Horford (34 next summer)
Baynes

That's all that will be left when Kyrie walks and BOS gives up Tatum + Smart + picks (bare minimum to beat the LAL package) for AD. Good luck with that squad next summer when AD leaves :lol:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Post#63 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
TreyKincade wrote:As a Laker fan. I absolutely hope the Celtics land AD.

..why

HE thinks the Lakers are then a lock to sign him next year plus they keep their assets.

It's short-sighted though. At Lebron's age, it's a huge mistake to waste another year. They are much better off paying the price and getting AD now while Lebron is still good enough.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#64 » by LofJ » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 pm

itrsteve wrote:You can’t win on RGM, either you put your chips in the middle and get chastised for taking a risk or get criticized for maintaining a treadmill team.

Can’t say I support this, but I bet he knows more than we do right now.

Kyrie opt’ing out and 3-way rumors on the same day Rich Paul is kicking smoke?

This is quality theatre kids.

The NBA: Where drama happens
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#65 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Don't see how they have the assets to pull this off while keeping Brown.

They will keep Brown for sure if they trade for Davis. They aren't trading Brown/Tatum/Smart and all the picks. I'm actually willing to bet on that.

I just don't see how that matches up with LA's offer then.

It matches up pretty easily. Quantity doesn't mean quality. Smart is at 13 mils a year and first team all-defense, Tatum is by a mile the best young player in the deal and he's done a fairly decent job staying healthy. Williams has pretty decent potential at 6'10, 7'3 wingspan and freakishly athletic. We have #14 and MEM pick which is nearly for sure bound to be top 10 next year or the year after that which might be top 5. Ingram is hurt and is the 4th year of his deal, Ball has missed 1 season of 2, what else do they have, Kuzma who's a chair on defense? And then #4 depends on how Griffin sees the pick. That's up to him.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,116

Post#66 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Celtics shouldn’t be deterred for this reason:

LAL is desperate. You could tell but how hard Lebron’s lackeys are playing this game.

I have zero doubt Davis wants to go to LAL, but Lebron isn’t going to waste another year. Lebron is getting to the age where every year matters. So if they don’t get Davis, they won’t keep the cap space open till next offseason. They will use it to try to make a run next year.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,188

Post#67 » by levon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:Celtics shouldn’t be deterred for this reason:

LAL is desperate. You could tell but how hard Lebron’s lackeys are playing this game.

I have zero doubt Davis wants to go to LAL, but Lebron isn’t going to waste another year. Lebron is getting to the age where every year matters. So if they don’t get Davis, they won’t keep the cap space open till next offseason. They will use it to try to make a run next year.

Lakers won't be suitors in 2020, but that doesn't mean there won't be 4 other legitimate suitors, including the Clippers and Knicks. AD will hit FA in 2020.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,605

Post#68 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

I just don't see how that matches up with LA's offer then.

It matches up pretty easily. Quantity doesn't mean quality. Smart is at 13 mils a year and first team all-defense, Tatum is by a mile the best young player in the deal and he's done a fairly decent job staying healthy. We have #14 and MEM pick which is nearly for sure bound to be top 10 next year or the year after that which might be top 5.

Based on what though? I think a pretty fair way to look at this is

Ingram = Tatum (I actually have Ingram > Tatum)
#4 > Smart
Lonzo > #14
Kuzma > #20
2021 LAL pick < MEM pick
BVB24
Veteran
And1: 6,035

Post#69 » by BVB24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Read on Twitter
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,056

Post#70 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Middle Child wrote:
Merc85 wrote:#4 , Zo and Ingram enough? If I was the Lakers I would hold on to kuzma

You can find another above average starter making <$2MM/year who will fit under the cap on a team with 3 max stars? Really? I’d be very interested to know who they are.

Lonzo, Ingram, the #4 pick, and a future first is already better than what any other team can offer. No need to gut your team of useful starters who can win you a championship that don’t even really offer tangible benefit to New Orleans.

What are the Pelicans going to do with Hart or Kuzma? Miss the playoffs until they ultimately walk in free agency? Those are assets that have MUCH more value to LA than New Orleans and the Lakers should hold on to them no matter how many bluffs the Pelicans give. If you really think you need to give up one more asset to get across the finish line, make it a protected 2023 first that fits with the Pelicans’ timeline and doesn’t prevent you from winning a championship right now.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,354

Post#71 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:

..why

HE thinks the Lakers are then a lock to sign him next year plus they keep their assets.

It's short-sighted though. At Lebron's age, it's a huge mistake to waste another year. They are much better off paying the price and getting AD now while Lebron is still good enough.

Your last paragraph is why no lakers fan should celebrate if the Celtics get AD even if they trade a lot of their assets. People take Lebron’s age for granted. I already said this he’s on a decline, he already got hurt. Its a tall order at age 36 in the spring of 2021 to be 1A option to win a championship. Lebron needs help asap or else the lakers will be at best a strong team but not the elite team that wins it all imo
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#72 » by California Gold » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:Celtics shouldn’t be deterred for this reason:

Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if LeBron says he wants to be traded somewhere else if they miss out on this trade. From what it sounds like there aren't many FAs that want to go there so this trade is really what it comes down to. I don't think LeBron is going to waste another year playing with the same group + the #4 pick. He knows that wouldn't be enough to win the west.
JC28
Junior
And1: 79

Post#73 » by JC28 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm

zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So if he goes to LA, LA will be gutted completely.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,260

Post#74 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Jazz9 wrote:Lakers are gonna trade the whole team and end up with LeBron+AD and a bunch of journeymen...

LeBron loves journeymen and they'd still have cap space after the trade so they would have plenty to fill out the roster.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#75 » by -G- » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
-G- wrote:

Lakers fans hoping the fight is over not including both Ingram and Lonzo.

If Im a Lakers fan, Lonzo or Kuzma are not guys Im going to be willing to walk away from a trade for AD for. Would any Lakers fan be happy if they find out NO was down to make the trade, the Lakers just needed to add Kuzma, but the Lakers walked because of that?

If Im the Lakers I would be more than willing to do #4, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and 2021 1st round unprotected.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be willing to do that, but I think the Lakers have some leverage given the Pelicans want to get a deal done by the draft it seems, and I'm not buying the Celtics being a real threat. I don't think the Lakers will give up all of that. At best, it's #4, Ingram, Lonzo, and another 1st.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#76 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:

..why

It's a secret for now :D
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#77 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:29 pm

JC28 wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wasnt this always going to be the case after what they offered last year?
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,188

Post#78 » by levon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter

A Lakers insider reported that this was agreed upon as of yesterday. Windhorst is saying a framework is in place.

The Vegas odds predicted Kawhi to Tor 6 days before it went public. Lebron's friend was talking about getting AD to LA without surrendering Kuzma. This all corroborates.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,165

Post#79 » by Slim Charless » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Merc85 wrote:
Middle Child wrote:

What's the rest of the team then?

Would they another max available? If so Kemba Walker would work with those 2.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#80 » by bulliedog8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:31 pm

JC28 wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Could still go for someone like butler. Then surround the team with exceptions and vet min ring chasers.

Pg Caruso
Butler bolluck (2yrs 4 mil)
Lebron Corey Brewer
AD Morris (mle?)
Noah (vet min) Wagner

Something like that

Return to The General Board