Update: Kyrie “Prepared” to Sign with Brooklyn Nets

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Re: Update: Kyrie “Prepared” to Sign with Brooklyn Nets 

Post#221 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 am

Prokorov wrote:
DowJones wrote:I don't understand why Kyrie is going to Brooklyn. It just doesn't make sense. Does he just want to live there? if he struggled to lead Boston, how is he going to lead Brooklyn?

brooklyn doesnt have 3 ego maniac rookies who think they are gods and a cancerous locker room

its the complete opposite of boston... a bunch of humble young guys who worked hard to get a second chance to prove themselves.

This sounds exactly like what Boston fans said after he forced his way out of Cleveland...
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#222 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 am

kan_t wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

Hmm, Nets don't have much on the books (around $25-30m) but Russell's cap hold will be like $21m and Irving and Harris would be getting $32m-ish maxes. That's putting them a little up over the cap at best (not factoring in other cap holds), so it might not work that easily. Missing something?

you are missing that kyrie and tobias will sign short of their full max.

Any source indicates that they would?

common sense
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#223 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 am

Prokorov wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
he never wanted to be in boston, of course he was unhappy there.

He was also unhappy playing in Cleveland going to the finals every year. Guy won't be happy wherever he goes.

He wasny un happy in cleveland, it just rans its course. 4 straight finals... and i mean, its cleveland, not exactly a place rich 25 year olds want to be long term. Lebron and his circle im sure wears on guys too. he wanted to leave but he wanst unhappy

boston was different...of course he was unhappy. he didnt want to be there and had 2 spend 2 years in a cancerous locker room with ego maniac young players htat accomplished nothing

Those ego manical youngsters got to the ecf before Kyrie got there. They got to the ecf when he was hurt, and were within a bad fourth quarter of getting to the finals.

Maybe Kyrie is the issue? I wanted him back because he is a great talent. But he isn’t an easy person to deal with. Boston will unload on him after he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#224 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
DowJones wrote:I don't understand why Kyrie is going to Brooklyn. It just doesn't make sense. Does he just want to live there? if he struggled to lead Boston, how is he going to lead Brooklyn?

brooklyn doesnt have 3 ego maniac rookies who think they are gods and a cancerous locker room

its the complete opposite of boston... a bunch of humble young guys who worked hard to get a second chance to prove themselves.

This sounds exactly like what Boston fans said after he forced his way out of Cleveland...

cleveland didnt have egomaniac young players creating a cancerous locker room

boston isnt a team of humble guys who busted their buts to make things work after being dumped by other teams
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#225 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

44 wins.

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#226 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 am

Prokorov wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Prokorov wrote: very easily.
Hmm, Nets don't have much on the books (around $25-30m) but Russell's cap hold will be like $21m and Irving and Harris would be getting $32m-ish maxes. That's putting them a little up over the cap at best (not factoring in other cap holds), so it might not work that easily. Missing something?

Dunno, man, seems pretty unlikely. Why would Harris give back money to leave a team that's at least as good as the one he's going to? Can't read their minds but I wouldn't be staking my summer on that plan if I was the Nets FO.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#227 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 am

Prokorov wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

cleveland didnt have egomaniac young players creating a cancerous locker room

boston isnt a team of humble guys who busted their buts to make things work after being dumped by other teams

Yeah they had Lebron being a jerk to him, Boston was a hardworking crew ready for a leader to take them to a title.
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,190

Post#228 » by Lilseb93 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 am

That would be good for the sport if a team like the Nets made a splash like that.
Heat Culture :hug:
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#229 » by Lunartic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:27 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:how does this team do against this years Raptors or Warriors?

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
DLo/Levert
Joe Harris/Prince
Tobias Harris/Pick 27
Jarrett Allen/Ed Davis/ Pick 31

edit: if they sign Tobi I believe the law states they must also sign Bobi, so add Boban to that roster

Swept in 3

That team wouldn't even make the playoffs in the healthy west
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#230 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 am

jfs1000d wrote:[
Those ego manical youngsters got to the ecf before Kyrie got there. They got to the ecf when he was hurt, and were within a bad fourth quarter of getting to the finals.

you say that like it is some kind of feat.... hell the only reason they won is cause kyrie led them to home court in those series. 1-8 on the road in the playoffs with the 1 win a OT win vs philly where philly blew it late. celtics beat a 8 seed bucks team and a philly team with no bench or veterans... and it was horford who got them past philly anyhow.

kyrie won a title and did it as his teams second best player and hit the biggest shot of the series.

Maybe Kyrie is the issue? I wanted him back because he is a great talent. But he isn’t an easy person to deal with. Boston will unload on him after he leaves.

kyrie is a great player and teammate. you put anyone with unchecked cancer ego maniac young players and it wont go well. rozier admitted as much
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#231 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
HotelVitale wrote: Hmm, Nets don't have much on the books (around $25-30m) but Russell's cap hold will be like $21m and Irving and Harris would be getting $32m-ish maxes. That's putting them a little up over the cap at best (not factoring in other cap holds), so it might not work that easily. Missing something?

Dunno, man, seems pretty unlikely. Why would Harris give back money to leave a team that's at least as good as the one he's going to? Can't read their minds but I wouldn't be staking my summer on that plan if I was the Nets FO.

because he wants to play for the nets and thats what is required to make it work.

winning isnt all that matters to these guys
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#232 » by amory87 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 am

Prokorov wrote:
amory87 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
he never wanted to be in boston, of course he was unhappy there.

Seems like a statement from someone who hasn't been paying attention to Kyrie these past couple years. He pretty clearly doesn't want to be in Boston now, but he pretty clearly was excited when he first got there, based on his press conference with Hayward. No one asked him to tell the fans he was going to re-sign before this season started, no one asked him to make a commercial with his dad acting like Boston was some kind of special place for him to continue his basketball career. Those are things Kyrie did on his own.

I think Kyrie is borderline more trouble than he's worth. Maybe he's exactly as much trouble as he's worth. But he's a pain in the ass, and nets fans are about to realize that

i know first hand he didnt want to be there from day 1... which is why i said on day 1 he didnt wnat to be there and there was a 0.0% chance he wouldnt be back. people called me fools, but i knoew it to be fact.

Fair enough, let's say you're right. In that case he's just a liar and you need insider sources to have any idea where his head's at. To me, that's not a recipe for a successful leader. And whether or not he's playing as the best player on a team or the 2nd best, he's going to have a leadership role.

Again, as i said before good for the nets. I have nothing against them, and neither should any Celtics fan. But Kyrie's got a ton of downside no matter how you slice it.
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#233 » by jfs1000d » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 am

Prokorov wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:[

you say that like it is some kind of feat.... hell the only reason they won is cause kyrie led them to home court in those series. 1-8 on the road in the playoffs with the 1 win a OT win vs philly where philly blew it late. celtics beat a 8 seed bucks team and a philly team with no bench or veterans... and it was horford who got them past philly anyhow.

kyrie won a title and did it as his teams second best player and hit the biggest shot of the series.

kyrie is a great player and teammate. you put anyone with unchecked cancer ego maniac young players and it wont go well. rozier admitted as much

Mikhail,

Enjoy him. Second best player on a title team. Exactly. The only reason Boston is dying to keep him is because of Anthony Davis. That’s it.

He had a great year in Boston. He blew up the season. I hope you are happy with him. Celtics will still be better than the Nets.

kan_t
Pro Prospect
And1: 726

Post#234 » by kan_t » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kan_t wrote: Not sure how they could sign both Irving and Tobias and be able to keep Dlo, Joe Harris and Diwiddie plus the picks.
very easily.

They have about 46M cap space with Dlo cap hold. But to some Nets fans it's common sense that Irving and Tobias would give up 10M each so they could keep Diwiddie, Joe Harris and all the picks. I don't know but I would like to see how it plays out.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#235 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 am

Prokorov wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Prokorov wrote: you are missing that kyrie and tobias will sign short of their full max.

because he wants to play for the nets and thats what is required to make it work.

winning isnt all that matters to these guys

Right, playing for the team you like is what matters to them.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#236 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 am

amory87 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
amory87 wrote:Seems like a statement from someone who hasn't been paying attention to Kyrie these past couple years. He pretty clearly doesn't want to be in Boston now, but he pretty clearly was excited when he first got there, based on his press conference with Hayward. No one asked him to tell the fans he was going to re-sign before this season started, no one asked him to make a commercial with his dad acting like Boston was some kind of special place for him to continue his basketball career. Those are things Kyrie did on his own.

I think Kyrie is borderline more trouble than he's worth. Maybe he's exactly as much trouble as he's worth. But he's a pain in the ass, and nets fans are about to realize that

i know first hand he didnt want to be there from day 1... which is why i said on day 1 he didnt wnat to be there and there was a 0.0% chance he wouldnt be back. people called me fools, but i knoew it to be fact.

Fair enough, let's say you're right. In that case he's just a liar and you need insider sources to have any idea where his head's at. To me, that's not a recipe for a successful leader. And whether or not he's playing as the best player on a team or the 2nd best, he's going to have a leadership role.

Again, as i said before good for the nets. I have nothing against them, and neither should any Celtics fan. But Kyrie's got a ton of downside no matter how you slice it.

there is 0 risk or downside to kyrie outside of his injury history.

kyrie never lied, he was straight up with ainge. all that talk was him doing the celtics a solid so that his impending free agency wouldnt be a distraction.

its going to keep coming out just how big of a cancer rozier and brown are and how big an egomaniac tatum is... its why ainge is willing to deal them for a rental of AD knowing AD will leave... cause he knows he cant build around those 3
Bird4Three
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,515

Post#237 » by Bird4Three » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 am

LMAO at people thinking the Celtics are getting screwed or even care if Kyrie leaves.

Newsflash-they don’t!!!

They gave away not very much to give him a chance, it didn’t work out, and now he’s gonna go elsewhere. They still have the young talent, still have picks, and still have options. It doesn’t matter. They also did better without him, just in case you have forgotten.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#238 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am

kan_t wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Prokorov wrote: very easily.

They have about 46M cap space with Dlo cap hold. But to some Nets fans it's common sense that Irving and Tobias would give up 10M each so they could keep Diwiddie, Joe Harris and all the picks. I don't know but I would like to see how it plays out.

If the Nets choose to keep Russell along with max free agents, Dinwiddie is gone.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#239 » by amory87 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:39 am

Prokorov wrote:
amory87 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

there is 0 risk or downside to kyrie outside of his injury history.

kyrie never lied, he was straight up with ainge. all that talk was him doing the celtics a solid so that his impending free agency wouldnt be a distraction.

its going to keep coming out just how big of a cancer rozier and brown are and how big an egomaniac tatum is... its why ainge is willing to deal them for a rental of AD knowing AD will leave... cause he knows he cant build around those 3

Well, I just can't believe he was straight up with Ainge. Ainge isn't an idiot. He's been saying all year until now that Kyrie would re-sign long term, and he'd have no reason to keep doubling down on that if he wasn't very confident in what he was saying. Now he looks like a fool.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#240 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:39 am

Lunartic wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:how does this team do against this years Raptors or Warriors?

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
DLo/Levert
Joe Harris/Prince
Tobias Harris/Pick 27
Jarrett Allen/Ed Davis/ Pick 31

edit: if they sign Tobi I believe the law states they must also sign Bobi, so add Boban to that roster

Swept in 3

That team wouldn't even make the playoffs in the healthy west

The Nets won 42 games with LeVert and Dinwiddie on the shelf for a good portion of the season. You add two max free agents to the team you don't think they can break 50 games? LOL alright buddy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to The General Board