Update: Kyrie “Prepared” to Sign with Brooklyn Nets

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,252

Re: Update: Kyrie “Prepared” to Sign with Brooklyn Nets 

Post#321 » by John Murdoch » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Could be best for both parties. Kyrie moves on to his hometown nets where he will be more appreciated , and celts go back to how they were before him with an 11 deep approach and Tatum in a larger role. Butler is the guy i would target for Celts
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#322 » by BullyKing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 pm

John Murdoch wrote:Could be best for both parties. Kyrie moves on to his hometown nets where he will be more appreciated , and celts go back to how they were before him with an 11 deep approach and Tatum in a larger role. Butler is the guy i would target for Celts

With what cap space?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Re: Woj: Kyrie and Longtime Agent Part Ways; Will Sign with Roc Nation Sports 

Post#323 » by DeRoma » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:
Netsultimatefan63 wrote:1. Nets haven’t signed anyone yet.

2. It’s crazy how fast haters go from “Nets are getting none of the premier free agents” to “haha good luck dealing with Kyrie Nets fans”

3. Haters will always hate. There will always be posters who will put down the fan base of the team they despise. No matter who they sign or how good the team is, they will find a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why would anyone despise the nets - i feel like most people are rather indifferent to them.

Think almost everyone wishes them success after what they went through the past several years.

it's more like coddling a **** team expecting them to be irrelevant for the next decade. When they completely turn it around in 3 years.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,441

Post#324 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm

I hope the same folks talking **** now keep that same energy in 5 months. Please.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,543

Post#325 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Great news for the nets, wonder if d'angelo will stay or go, is my only question
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Update: Kyrie “Prepared” to Sign with Brooklyn Nets 

Post#326 » by Paradise » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:07 pm

shtolky wrote:
facothomas22 wrote:Well this means that Anthony Davis will be traded to the Nets,instead of the Knicks. Sorry Knicks fans! Yall probably will be trash or atleast 1 more year,tho yall do have a good young core. with players like Kevin Knox,Mitchell Robinson,and RJ Barrett. A roster with Kyrie Irving,Anthony Davis,Jared Allen along with another star free agent could make the Nets one of the top teams in the NBA next year.

And how exactly is Brooklyn trading for AD?

LeVert, Allen are two young players with all-star potential that actually made the playoffs. Dinwiddie, Kurucs or Harris then get added but we’d definitely fall short with the requirements of two 1st round picks. We can only offer 2022, 2024 1sts and six assortments of 2nd round picks between 2019-2022.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#327 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:55 pm

TacoLord wrote:Member when all the Celtics fans assured us Ainge would re-sign Kyrie? I member...

I mean, he publicly declared it in front of all the fans to begin the season and made a commercial talking about how he wanted to have his number retired in Boston— can you really blame us for buying that?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: Woj: Kyrie and His Longtime Agent Have Parted Ways 

Post#328 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:08 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Let go of the AD dream Danny.... its over.

Is Tatum worth trading though ?
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#329 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:08 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:Great news for the nets, wonder if d'angelo will stay or go, is my only question

If the nets plan on signing another star alongside Irving then he is gone because they need the cap space

If not you're looking at aa Russell and Irving backcourt.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#330 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:Great news for the nets, wonder if d'angelo will stay or go, is my only question

He’s gone unless they max him with Irving ?
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,956

Re: Woj: Kyrie and His Longtime Agent Have Parted Ways 

Post#331 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Let go of the AD dream Danny.... its over.

Is Tatum worth trading though ?

Not for a one year rental of AD and nothing else. If Kyrie had stuck to his word about resigning, that would be one thing, but as things are shaping up, no way you trade Tatum for AD in Bostons current situation.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,662

Post#332 » by nedleeds » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:

You are welcome. Nets fans should be thrilled to sign one of the 15 best players in the NBA. How will they sleep at night.

Enjoy years 3 and 4, dude hasn't finished the season 2 of the last 4 years and has 45 year old knees. I'd happily take him on a 1+1.

Is what it is. Nets can load manage because they'll have solid depth and they also only play their guys 30 MPG. Kyrie was probably a mid 30's type player previously and probably barely took any nights off. That could help keep him fresh because they did it with Russell who had some issues himself and he played a full season.

It's not a 10 year deal like baseball so it's worth the risk.

I think for the Nets it's worth it. Since coming to Brooklyn they haven't had a marketable in their prime star. D Will went full cheeseburger pretty fast, and KG / Pierce was past it's time.

There's a chance his knees hold up also, nothing is certain but he has a fractured knee held together with screws and his full torque style makes me worry about his knees. That being said he's an elite shooter, so between proper rest and maybe the other 2 competent ball handlers (LeVert and Spencer) he can play a bit like he did in Cleveland off ball.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#333 » by Soulyss » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Oh man... I really liked how the Nets were building this team, I don't think Kyrie is the answer... He just feels like a toxic guy for a young team.
demcanes26
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#334 » by demcanes26 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Synciere wrote:
demcanes26 wrote:
BudenFerry wrote:The trailblazers weren't considered a contender for a single second this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using RealGM mobile app

So true, and if Kyrie signs there, they would be considered Portland East. You don't win big with 6'3 point guards being your best player. Yeah, you can win a series here, and there, but for the most part you have a limited ceiling.

Except you do win with 6'3" guards being your best player. Isiah Thomas and Steph Curry say hi. Regardless, teams win, not individual players, and the Nets are building a pretty strong core, but I'm not sure Kyrie is what's needed for them. That said, he's too good to pass up.

You named two small guards in 60 years of NBA basketball. Curry hasn't even won finals MVP. Now name all the centers and wings who have lead their teams to titles. Just in the last 5 years, during the dominance of the Warriors, Curry has never been the best player in the finals.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#335 » by MikeM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:49 pm

It's like people just got hit with the Men In Black memory eraser and forgot Kyrie's whole Celtics tenure. Are we sure Kyrie is even a positive?
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#336 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:52 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
TacoLord wrote:Member when all the Celtics fans assured us Ainge would re-sign Kyrie? I member...

I mean, he publicly declared it in front of all the fans to begin the season and made a commercial talking about how he wanted to have his number retired in Boston— can you really blame us for buying that?

Blame is the wrong word, but Kyrie walked away from a title contender. I wouldn't exactly put it past him even if the Celtics were exactly as good as advertised and someone else got more press than he did.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,406

Post#337 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Kyrie is a closer, a weapon. You need someone like Lebron or Giannis to wield him.

You can't build a franchise on him.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#338 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:57 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Blame is the wrong word, but Kyrie walked away from a title contender. I wouldn't exactly put it past him even if the Celtics were exactly as good as advertised and someone else got more press than he did.

Sure, but mocking Celtics fans for being confident that Kyrie would stay feels a little over the top given his public statements and his commercial.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#339 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:00 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Sure, but mocking Celtics fans for being confident that Kyrie would stay feels a little over the top given his public statements and his commercial.

I wasn't trying to mock you guys, or defend people who do. I just think Kyrie is living on another planet, and was the most likely guy to pull a Deandre Jordan.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#340 » by Soulyss » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:14 pm

MikeM wrote:It's like people just got hit with the Men In Black memory eraser and forgot Kyrie's whole Celtics tenure. Are we sure Kyrie is even a positive?

He is very talented, and in a veteran locker room where he isn't the "ALPHA" he can be a positive, I just see disaster for the Nets.

Return to The General Board