Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship.

Moderators: Domejandro, zimpy27, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Yuri Vaultin, PockyCandy, Prez, ken6199, Dirk

The Warrior
Analyst
Posts: 3,051
And1: 6,180
Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Location: Kawhi's forever home in Toronto
 

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#661 » by The Warrior » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 am

Pacernation wrote:I just wonder if there will be a statue of green injuring klay, sponsored by the fine folks of Toronto who showed their sportsmanship when kd went down. Time will tell..
Thank you for being the team that allowed us to overcome our first round demons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Hero
RealGM
Posts: 35,905
And1: 51,193
Joined: Apr 05, 2012
Location: Edward Gardens
 

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#662 » by Hero » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:59 am

Warriors fans need to start behaving. What's with trying to diminish the Raptors win.
binjumper wrote:
Pacernation wrote:I just wonder if there will be a statue of green injuring klay, sponsored by the fine folks of Toronto who showed their sportsmanship when kd went down. Time will tell..


:crazy: :crazy: Green did nothing wrong. Shitnation.

Do not use derogatory term to attack opposing fan. - Ken
Image
Green Backpack
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,785
And1: 2,800
Joined: Nov 04, 2005
     

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#663 » by Green Backpack » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Oh man, I had some DOT today - delayed onset tears. Still can't believe the Raptors won a Championship after watching so many games for so many years.
User avatar
sca
Head Coach
Posts: 6,624
And1: 7,571
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Turkey
 

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#664 » by sca » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Pacernation wrote:I just wonder if there will be a statue of green injuring klay, sponsored by the fine folks of Toronto who showed their sportsmanship when kd went down. Time will tell..

You're just mad that an expansion team won the title before your team could. :lol:

Don't worry, though, your G-League affiliate, Fort Wayne Mad Ants, have won the title in 2014, so it's not like you don't have any trophies.

Image
The apex of the Pacers franchise.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
User avatar
Coco Costanza
Pro Prospect
Posts: 849
And1: 2,413
Joined: Jan 13, 2018
   

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#665 » by Coco Costanza » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Pacernation wrote:I just wonder if there will be a statue of green injuring klay, sponsored by the fine folks of Toronto who showed their sportsmanship when kd went down. Time will tell..


Are all Pacers fans this lame? This is such a dumb, bad take.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
User avatar
Maroko
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,500
And1: 11,001
Joined: Dec 22, 2012
Location: Paris
     

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#666 » by Maroko » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:56 pm

mood

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Lamak
Analyst
Posts: 3,496
And1: 517
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
   

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#667 » by Lamak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:27 pm

I've been hearing a lot more spirited NBA discussion about the future of the NBA after the Raptors win and seeing a lot of Raptors jerseys.
Brooklyn Nets
User avatar
Chanel Bomber
Starter
Posts: 2,277
And1: 3,135
Joined: Sep 20, 2018
 

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#668 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:27 pm

One thing that I feel doesn't get the attention it deserves is how Kawhi iced the game with the 3 straight free throws.

He misses one, and the Warriors still have a 2% chance to tie the game with a heave at the buzzer. Curry came close to hitting one at the end of the first quarter of that same game. The game wasn't over yet until Kawhi made those free throws. Cold-blooded.
User avatar
JaysRule15
RealGM
Posts: 22,801
And1: 117,888
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: Malvern Crew
       

Re: Raptors win the 2019 NBA championship 

Post#669 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Uncle Dennis wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
you dont need to get all emotional because the title is tainted


Your tears taste amazing brother! I'm getting emotional because we **** won, what are you getting emotional about? :lol:


you won nothing though. the title will not be recognized as legit. its too bad the raps did not get a chance to win the title


lmao this is hilarious coming from a Nets fan who's team gambled away everything in order to win a quick cheap title and paid the price for it. I hope y'all are still celebrating that first round win over the Raps in 2014 :lol:
Image
User avatar
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
Posts: 8,025
And1: 11,835
Joined: Jan 26, 2018
 

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#670 » by Uncle Dennis » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Green Backpack wrote:Oh man, I had some DOT today - delayed onset tears. Still can't believe the Raptors won a Championship after watching so many games for so many years.


I had premature onset tears, was slightly emotional when they made the finals. :lol:
User avatar
JaysRule15
RealGM
Posts: 22,801
And1: 117,888
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: Malvern Crew
       

Re: Raptors win the 2019 NBA championship 

Post#671 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:59 pm

An Unbiased Fan wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:As for the injuries, it sucks but it's hardly that unfair. Warriors beat the Cavs without Kyrie and Love. They still got to take that trophy home and keep it forever. Same for the Raps. They earned it

76ers would have won with a healthy Embiid. Warriors were still winning without KD, and if Klay doesn't go down they take this.

A win is a win, but this was very unimpressive. Raps backed into a title


Yeah because the Raps were playing totally healthy :roll: Lowry playing with a broken hand that requires surgery. Kawhi playing with a bad knee and limping off the court. Siakam playing through a calf strain that messed up his shot. Danny Green playing through a dislocated finger. OG (Raptors' best defender off the bench) not playing at all. Just because Raptors never used the injury narrative like other teams, don't just assume that they were healthy.

"Warriors were still winning without KD, and if Klay doesn't go down they take this."


You must have missed the two times the Raps already beat the Warriors in the series with Klay playing. This series would've been over in Game 5 if Raps hadn't blown that 6 point lead last two minutes because they failed to execute and missed open shots.
Image
DMeu
Ballboy
Posts: 46
And1: 42
Joined: May 02, 2018

Re: Raptors win the 2019 NBA championship 

Post#672 » by DMeu » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:13 pm

JaysRule15 wrote:
An Unbiased Fan wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:As for the injuries, it sucks but it's hardly that unfair. Warriors beat the Cavs without Kyrie and Love. They still got to take that trophy home and keep it forever. Same for the Raps. They earned it

76ers would have won with a healthy Embiid. Warriors were still winning without KD, and if Klay doesn't go down they take this.

A win is a win, but this was very unimpressive. Raps backed into a title


Yeah because the Raps were playing totally healthy :roll: Lowry playing with a broken hand that requires surgery. Kawhi playing with a bad knee and limping off the court. Siakam playing through a calf strain that messed up his shot. Danny Green playing through a dislocated finger. OG (Raptors' best defender off the bench) not playing at all. Just because Raptors never used the injury narrative like other teams, don't just assume that they were healthy.

"Warriors were still winning without KD, and if Klay doesn't go down they take this."


You must have missed the two times the Raps already beat the Warriors in the series with Klay playing. This series would've been over in Game 5 if Raps hadn't blown that 6 point lead last two minutes because they failed to execute and missed open shots.


Well said!

Posters on msg boards love to **** on teams, throw around the "asterisk" word, but the reality is we were also not 100 percent, and had Kawhi fully went down, we didn't have the luxury of still having a 73 win team intact (until Klay went down towards the end of game 6) some posters are acting like KD was the only superstar they had, and the rest were scrubs.

Also, unlike posters on here, NBA players don't value titles any less because of injury circumstances, the Raps still had to go through 3 other teams to get there, and beat the bucks with Kawhi in rough shape.
John Murdoch
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,060
And1: 3,690
Joined: Sep 16, 2013
         

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#673 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Up there wih 2011 mavs , 04' pistons
Blackification wrote:I **** hate that crackhead corey brewer
NapoleonII
Veteran
Posts: 2,984
And1: 2,829
Joined: Aug 31, 2007

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#674 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Pacernation wrote:I just wonder if there will be a statue of green injuring klay, sponsored by the fine folks of Toronto who showed their sportsmanship when kd went down. Time will tell..


The new stadium in SF should have a KD statue with a throbbing/snapping achilles...

They risked his long-term health for a better shot at a ring while increasing their chance at resigning him because he's damaged goods now.

Truly the "light years ahead" franchise of Late-capitalism.
Suppe
Junior
Posts: 306
And1: 602
Joined: Nov 10, 2014

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#675 » by Suppe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 pm

John Murdoch wrote:Up there wih 2011 mavs , 04' pistons


Do not compare what Dirk did against a fully STACKED Miami Heat team to the hobbled Warriors the Raptors beat.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
Posts: 12,507
And1: 7,476
Joined: Jun 09, 2003

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#676 » by B-Ball Freak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Damn, this feels good
User avatar
Cobra Kawhi
Senior
Posts: 650
And1: 1,961
Joined: May 13, 2019
Location: In therapy
 

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#677 » by Cobra Kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Suppe wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:Up there wih 2011 mavs , 04' pistons


Do not compare what Dirk did against a fully STACKED Miami Heat team to the hobbled Warriors the Raptors beat.


The raptors greater accomplishments was the road to the finals.

Either of Philly or the Bucks would have defeated the warriors. That was not an easy road. Philly if anything was the finals in my mind. They had the greatest assembly of talent.

Kawhi was hobbled and Lowry played with a broken thumb all playoffs. This gets ignored.
MavCarter wrote:Congrats on the 4th championship

MavCarter wrote:hope you cheer just as hard after the buzzer goes off in game 7 and the arena is dead quiet while golden state celebrates their 4th championship in 5 years
User avatar
ZemGOAT
Veteran
Posts: 2,702
And1: 5,074
Joined: Nov 02, 2017
Location: FL
Contact:
 

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#678 » by ZemGOAT » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Knowing it's the last game in Oracle made it 10x better
Cyrusman122000
Analyst
Posts: 3,479
And1: 2,782
Joined: Jun 21, 2013
   

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#679 » by Cyrusman122000 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:One thing that I feel doesn't get the attention it deserves is how Kawhi iced the game with the 3 straight free throws.

He misses one, and the Warriors still have a 2% chance to tie the game with a heave at the buzzer. Curry came close to hitting one at the end of the first quarter of that same game. The game wasn't over yet until Kawhi made those free throws. Cold-blooded.


He learned from game 6 in 2013 :wink:
Cyrusman122000
Analyst
Posts: 3,479
And1: 2,782
Joined: Jun 21, 2013
   

Re: Toronto Raptors win 2019 NBA Championship. 

Post#680 » by Cyrusman122000 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Congrats Raptor fans!

It still is crazy to me to hear “ world champion Toronto Raptors”

Didn’t think I would ever hear that this soon haha

Return to The General Board