Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still

Moderators: PockyCandy, ken6199, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, Prez, Dirk, zimpy27, Yuri Vaultin

User avatar
madmaxmedia
Head Coach
Posts: 6,570
And1: 1,966
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Location: SoCal

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#421 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:25 pm

nitocobola wrote:He shouldn't leave toronto, but yeah that's not a surprise. Nba sucks


It sucks, because players who’ve done their time and played hard can exercise their free agency rights and have some control over the futures?

As fans we don’t always like their decisions, but this is not the 60’s or 70’s when owners had all the power and a lot of players worked second jobs in offseason.

Toronto took a gamble knowing the potential outcome, they’ve already won in a significant way and we’ll see what Kawhi decides. We all know he’s a different cat and not driven by the same things as other players, and it’s 100% his prerogative to decide in whatever way he sees fit.
User avatar
Matty
General Manager
Posts: 8,519
And1: 17,418
Joined: Dec 04, 2013
Location: Home of The Golden Asterisk Champions
     

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#422 » by Matty » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Would Shai even want Kawhi in LA. He's Canadian, he'll probably try to make him stay where's he at.
User avatar
trending
Sophomore
Posts: 173
And1: 102
Joined: Apr 20, 2019
Location: midland, ontario
   

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#423 » by trending » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:29 pm

kawhi needs to be on a great defensive team to win anything. lou williams, gallo, sga is a ball hog supporting cast.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
Detroit Pistons 2020 east conference champions.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 7,332
And1: 50
Joined: Aug 27, 2003
Location: Clipperland

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#424 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
loflin3hree5ive wrote:Raps won the title but LAC has a superior five year plan. Raps are at their ceiling now. Clips are flush with future picks, cap flexibility and have a backcourt rotation all locked up on rookie/team friendly deals. Not unlike Toronto LAC has a top-flight FO and coaching staff to maximize that potential. Kawhi seems like a pragmatic person so I think he's coming to the Clippers.


There is just too many fallacies in this post. I think my screen cracked reading this.


Name one
Roscoe Sheed
General Manager
Posts: 7,578
And1: 1,555
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#425 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 pm

trending wrote:kawhi needs to be on a great defensive team to win anything. lou williams, gallo, sga is a ball hog supporting cast.

Sga can play d- long, lanky athletic kid. Shamet can definitely be a very solid 3 and d guy. If they keep Beverley- he is the epitome of 3 and d. Gallo is an underrated defender as well and is a great shooter
Middle Child
Pro Prospect
Posts: 777
And1: 667
Joined: Jan 31, 2019
 

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#426 » by Middle Child » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:35 pm

mademan wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
mademan wrote:
By winning with the best organization who's been winning for 15 years before him?

Or by taking Derozans place on a 60 win team?

Dude's amazing and has been ridiculous for the Raps; but this chit wasnt a 1 man band.


Im sorry how many championships did they win without Kawhi?

I’ll wait.


Still a ridiculous assertion he can win where ever he goes. He replaced the 1st option, who many didnt/dont believe to be a top 30 player, on the 1st seed in the East. He also was a part of a dynastic team in SA who's run spanned over a decade.

Kawhi's a terrific player who can be argued to be the best in the league, but he's also had terrific support.


Clippers are probably better than the Raptors-Kawhi.

If he goes there they can legitimately win it all.

He’s proven it in SA as well. Dude is ELITE.
User avatar
levon
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,905
And1: 5,773
Joined: Aug 04, 2017

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#427 » by levon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:38 pm

Lowry + Siakam + Marc Gasol + Serge Ibaka + FVV + Anunoby + Danny Green
SGA + Lou + Montrezl + Gallo + Bev + (Boban?)

I don't know, all things equal the Raps look better. I don't think Kawhi cares about that though.
User avatar
OdomFan
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,219
And1: 2,967
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
Location: Washington DC
       

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#428 » by OdomFan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Well that's on him if he goes there and never wins another championship.
Image
User avatar
MikeM
General Manager
Posts: 8,062
And1: 8,215
Joined: Aug 10, 2006

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#429 » by MikeM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:41 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
loflin3hree5ive wrote:Raps won the title but LAC has a superior five year plan. Raps are at their ceiling now. Clips are flush with future picks, cap flexibility and have a backcourt rotation all locked up on rookie/team friendly deals. Not unlike Toronto LAC has a top-flight FO and coaching staff to maximize that potential. Kawhi seems like a pragmatic person so I think he's coming to the Clippers.


There is just too many fallacies in this post. I think my screen cracked reading this.


Name one


I don't see how LAC has a superior five-year plan or how the Raptors are at their ceiling (which by the way, even if they are, it's a championship ceiling so how is that bad?)

Raptors have max cap space after next year. Clippers have more picks. Raptors have SIakam.

SGA/Shamet is closer to Anunoby/FVV. Siakam is a huge advantage for Toronto.
User avatar
NUCKER101
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,076
And1: 8,028
Joined: Oct 31, 2013
   

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#430 » by NUCKER101 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.
Image
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
Posts: 13,017
And1: 6,387
Joined: Oct 22, 2004
   

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#431 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:59 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
loflin3hree5ive wrote:Raps won the title but LAC has a superior five year plan. Raps are at their ceiling now. Clips are flush with future picks, cap flexibility and have a backcourt rotation all locked up on rookie/team friendly deals. Not unlike Toronto LAC has a top-flight FO and coaching staff to maximize that potential. Kawhi seems like a pragmatic person so I think he's coming to the Clippers.


There is just too many fallacies in this post. I think my screen cracked reading this.


Name one


Kawhi might not have 5 years.

Kawhi is 32 in 5 years, and he hasn't exactly had the durability of LeBron James. Toronto's plan in year 1 is "run back the team that won the NBA championship". And before you say "asterisk" , Klay and KD are out for most if not all of the season.

By the the time the LAC's five year plan comes about, even if Kawhi, they may be looking for a superstar to lead them to the title.
Concernedcad
Starter
Posts: 2,289
And1: 5,858
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#432 » by Concernedcad » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Normally i would relish the opportunity to troll a potential fanbase but the clippers fanbase is so pathetically small it just doesn't do anything for me. It's like they don't even exist.
User avatar
NapoleonII
Veteran
Posts: 2,969
And1: 2,786
Joined: Aug 31, 2007

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#433 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Siakim, cap space after 2021, Nick Nurse and Masai Ujiri > anything LA has.

All LA has is the beach and Kawhi's family/roots.

I think he really considers leaving but ultimately stays.
User avatar
Yogatti
Senior
Posts: 516
And1: 903
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
 

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#434 » by Yogatti » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:05 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.


you think Brooklyn would beat Warriors 2 times in a playoff series :roll:
User avatar
NUCKER101
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,076
And1: 8,028
Joined: Oct 31, 2013
   

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#435 » by NUCKER101 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Yogatti wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.


you think Brooklyn would beat Warriors 2 times in a playoff series :roll:


If the Clippers did it, then yes I think they’d have a pretty good chance to as well.
Image
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 20,130
And1: 18,661
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#436 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:09 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Ions wrote:Woj can go suck his momma. Pouring salt on our celebration every chance he gets


I do wonder why Woj keeps smacking the Raptors while pushing a pro LA agenda on everything. It's gotten worse since the move to ESPN.


Unbelievable. You started the thread but you wonder why Woj is doing that and that he's gotten worse?!! What a hypocrite. Couldn't even give it one **** day, and I mean you.
ac1011990
Freshman
Posts: 64
And1: 205
Joined: Dec 16, 2018
 

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#437 » by ac1011990 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Middle Child wrote:
mademan wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
Im sorry how many championships did they win without Kawhi?

I’ll wait.


Still a ridiculous assertion he can win where ever he goes. He replaced the 1st option, who many didnt/dont believe to be a top 30 player, on the 1st seed in the East. He also was a part of a dynastic team in SA who's run spanned over a decade.

Kawhi's a terrific player who can be argued to be the best in the league, but he's also had terrific support.


Clippers are probably better than the Raptors-Kawhi.

If he goes there they can legitimately win it all.

He’s proven it in SA as well. Dude is ELITE.


Lol Clips are better then a team that just won the Championship? Yes, I get it, Kawhi was a huge part of why we won but he didn’t do it alone. I think people are underestimating how good this raps team was because of the Warriors injuries. Even with Klay, Raps were up 3-1 and would have most likely won in game 7. There is no superstar player, whos going for a championship, who would take the clips supporting cast over the Raps, absolutely none. 5 years down the road, maybe, but it’s not even close right now.
SearsTower
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,391
And1: 784
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#438 » by SearsTower » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Banner18 wrote:It never ceases to shock me how willing players are to trade legacy for warm weather.


Seriously. Particularly when you consider that they have the summers off to live wherever they want and can retire before 40 years old and then live wherever they want. Reggie Miller is adored by an entire city and now probably lives in LA. You can achieve both.
User avatar
NUCKER101
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,076
And1: 8,028
Joined: Oct 31, 2013
   

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#439 » by NUCKER101 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Ions wrote:Woj can go suck his momma. Pouring salt on our celebration every chance he gets


I do wonder why Woj keeps smacking the Raptors while pushing a pro LA agenda on everything. It's gotten worse since the move to ESPN.


Unbelievable. You started the thread but you wonder why Woj is doing that and that he's gotten worse?!! What a hypocrite. Couldn't even give it one **** day.


Exactly.


Woj was mentioning the Lakers/Sixers as potential destinations for PG13 last year, as recently as a week or 2 before he re-signed with OKC.

I don’t think Kawhi is even sure yet so how could Woj be? Woj is just speculating because his new bosses demand constant content.

There’s a reason why Barkley always makes fun of ESPN and how they work their employees like dogs.
Image
Jazz9
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,639
And1: 2,733
Joined: Mar 29, 2009

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#440 » by Jazz9 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness.


This x1000
If we're talking only basketball, there's zero reason for him to leave Toronto.
It's the perfect situation as proven by the title they just won.

Return to The General Board