Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#441 » by Yogatti » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:16 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:If the Clippers did it, then yes I think they’d have a pretty good chance to as well.

:lol: if you really think that.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#442 » by sule » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:28 pm

rockmanslim wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:
Cris Carter also said he believes Kawhi is going the Clippers.

4:11 Cris talks about how he knows Kawhi personally through his agent.

7:24 Cris thinks it's Kawhi to the Clips.

Carter who said last week it's Raptors no doubt?

The same Carter who said the Raptors are in the drivers seat two weeks ago or he was sure Kawhi won't report?

Guy is a clown.

Ok? Tell that to sule, who brought up Carter in the first place.

He doesn't have to tell me anything, since he didn't post anything I already didn't know. Carter is a clown. If you believe his predictions, you're a clown too.

Carter accidentally said something insightful into Kawhi's history of decision-making, which is what I was pointing to. I purposefully didn't post the garbage stuff you replied to me with b/c it's garbage opinion that clowns unfamiliar with Cris Carter would quote to make a point.
Blacksheep25
Rookie
And1: 1,301

Post#443 » by Blacksheep25 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Toronto has signed a free agent of any note exactly never. I mean, we’re taking about if they can keep a guy who Canadians are treating like he cured cancer. He seems to love his teammates. Love the medical staff. Seems fond of the FO. Oh, and he just won a championship. Every third kid born in Canada this week is probably names Kawhi.

If you have to worry about keeping that guy, what’s cap space two years from now? You’ve never signed a soul. I live in an undesirable market. When dudes start talking cap space I want to smack them. Show me assets. We’re going to need the draft or a trade.

The Clippers have never been a FA destination either, but they have that Miami pick and way more assets to couple with a team that when you add Kawhi might be just a little worse, if at all. They can add another star if they wanted to. Spend it on depth. It’s LA.

Assets though, that’s the key if you aren’t the Lakers or Miami.
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#444 » by Lukeem » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:35 pm

The only reason for kawhi to go to clippers would be to be closer to where he grew up during the season.

Definite possibility - but for someone that is pretty damn focused during the season I’d be a bit surprised if this is a huge priority.

Raptors are champions and can run back a much better team next year. Kawhi is only question mark.

Gasol is only older player with injuries he had that slowed him down a lot this year and raptors having the top medical staff he could come back and look closer to the start of the year version of himself which is a scary good addition.

OG anunoby is 21 and showed signs of a breakout season but had a horrible year for luck. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him in contention for MIP next year even if he doesn’t make any significant gains in offseason skill wise (which isn’t out of the question)

Siakam works like a beast and all he needs to do is add a consistent jump shot and a little more bbiq on D and he’s a better player than any current clipper already

All these dumb reports that keep dropping pretending to have an inside track to kawhis mind are full of **** and have constantly been proven wrong

Nothing means anything until kawhi signs somewhere or says something himself
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#445 » by Ramed Nazored » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 pm

The Raptors have a far superior roster, franchise, and fan base. I'm riding with Kawhi from here on out, but to leave this so you can go play with Lou Williams and friends on an after-thought team would be ridiculous.

This raptor roster without Kawhi is miles better than the Clippers roster.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,259

Post#446 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:55 pm

"...probably the most fun I've ever had in a basketball season..."

9:00 minute mark.

[
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#447 » by will » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Woj been reachin since joining ESPN.
HOOOMAN
Starter
And1: 3,186

Post#448 » by HOOOMAN » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm

They said he wouldnt report

Then he didn't want to play in Toronto

Then he was leaving for la

Then he might stay

Then toronto had the advantage

Now he's going to la

How are you supposed.to trust these reports. Who cares.. we'll find out in 3 weeks
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#449 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.

you think Brooklyn would beat Warriors 2 times in a playoff series :roll:

If the Clippers did it, then yes I think they’d have a pretty good chance to as well.

Nets barely made the playoffs in the east
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#450 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:24 pm

WOJ has become a mouthpiece for NBA GMs. Notice a crap ton of blatant Celtics pieces fed by Ainge coming from WOJ himself. Now, he is on the ass crack of the LA Clippers GM and publishing fake news. It wasn't too long ago that WOJ was a quality realgm poster who regularly posted quality Bulls related posts. Sham was the same way. Both of them use realgm forum to propel their sports coverage career.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#451 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:The Raptors have a far superior roster, franchise, and fan base. I'm riding with Kawhi from here on out, but to leave this so you can go play with Lou Williams and friends on an after-thought team would be ridiculous.

You only won 10 more games in a weaker conference while having a superstar. Please knock it off with this BS. Lowry and Gasol are inconsistent but older. You barely got a pulse out of VanVleet until the conference finals and Powell/OG could hardly crack the damn rotation.

Siakam is nice but he’s about to get paid major money soon and a high risk to be overpaid. The clippers have the better young core and foundation going forward.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#452 » by itsme23 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Kawhi should stay with raps. It’s honestly the most easiest decision to the majority of normal people.

Kawhi is not normal. Everyone knows that. You cannot control what he values.

If he goes he goes. Raps the best team in 2019 and there’s teams that’s been in the league 50 plus years never won a championship.

If Kawhi doesn’t want to repeat with his current team and do it again. That’s on him.

Would respect him more if he stays but it is what it is.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#453 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:29 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Stop it the raptors are a bottom half east team without Kawhi
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#454 » by phraoh » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:32 pm

If the Clippers would sign Kawhi, they would be a better team than the Raptors next year. Kawhi and another major free agent would sign that, which would be enough to put them in a position to win the West. I really am so happy the Raptors won, after all those years struggling in the playoffs, but let's not get carried away. Its just the way the NBA is....Kawhi leaves and Raptors will struggle to make the playoffs, and if they make them will be eliminated pretty quickly. Look at what happened to the Heat and Cavs when Lebron left.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,862

Post#455 » by Effigy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:43 pm

Blacksheep25 wrote:Toronto has signed a free agent of any note exactly never. I mean, we’re taking about if they can keep a guy who Canadians are treating like he cured cancer. He seems to love his teammates. Love the medical staff. Seems fond of the FO. Oh, and he just won a championship. Every third kid born in Canada this week is probably names Kawhi.

If you have to worry about keeping that guy, what’s cap space two years from now? You’ve never signed a soul. I live in an undesirable market. When dudes start talking cap space I want to smack them. Show me assets. We’re going to need the draft or a trade.

The Clippers have never been a FA destination either, but they have that Miami pick and way more assets to couple with a team that when you add Kawhi might be just a little worse, if at all. They can add another star if they wanted to. Spend it on depth. It’s LA.

Assets though, that’s the key if you aren’t the Lakers or Miami.

They signed Hedo.
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#456 » by Roco14 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 pm

TheNewEra wrote:

What? The raptors minus Kawhi are def better than the clippers. Lowry 5X all star and one of the highest BBIQ. Siakam future all-star. Gasol former defensive player of the year and all-star. FVV top 3 in votes for 6th man of the year. Is it a championship team on it's own? Hell no, but what I just listed is better than Shai, Harrell, Gallinari and Beverly.

No disrespect but your only truly impactful player is Lou Williams and he'd be the 3rd or 4th best player on the raps.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#457 » by Madhouse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:48 pm

TheNewEra wrote:

I assume this is sarcasm. has to be.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#458 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Roco14 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

What? The raptors minus Kawhi are def better than the clippers. Lowry 5X all star and one of the highest BBIQ. Siakam future all-star. Gasol former defensive player of the year and all-star. FVV top 3 in votes for 6th man of the year. Is it a championship team on it's own? Hell no, but what I just listed is better than Shai, Harrell, Gallinari and Beverly.

No disrespect but your only truly impactful player is Lou Williams and he'd be the 3rd or 4th best player on the raps.
Harrell put up similar production as Siakam. Gallo had a better season than any Raptor outside of Kawhi arguably. You forgot Gallinari? Lou was our 3rd best player. Stop the **** hyperbole man. Raptors trolls have no bounds to this ****. Remember when OG was the next Jordan basically the season before getting his own threads?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#459 » by Ramed Nazored » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:00 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:The Raptors have a far superior roster, franchise, and fan base. I'm riding with Kawhi from here on out, but to leave this so you can go play with Lou Williams and friends on an after-thought team would be ridiculous.

You only won 10 more games in a weaker conference while having a superstar. Please knock it off with this BS. Lowry and Gasol are inconsistent but older. You barely got a pulse out of VanVleet until the conference finals and Powell/OG could hardly crack the damn rotation.

Siakam is nice but he’s about to get paid major money soon and a high risk to be overpaid. The clippers have the better young core and foundation going forward.

You're delusional. The Raptors lost a massive amount of man games to injury this year and won 59. Then they went on to win a title. The clippers do NOT have a nicer young core, or any core to speak of for that matter. Shamet? Harrell? Gallinari? SGA? Lou Williams?

Last time I checked, the raptors came into your house this year WITHOUT Kawhi and absolutely humiliated your team. It was a total blow out. And that was before the Gasol trade.

OG was out the ENTIRE playoffs until the finals. Of course he wasn't cracking the rotation at that point. Siakam is a better player than ANYONE ON YOUR ENTIRE ROSTER. That's a fact.

Your team is deeply mediocre. Deal with it. The Raptors are champions. This raptor team, even without Kawhi, would absolutley dust your squad in 7 games. Yo
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#460 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:00 pm

Roco14 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Lowry is one of the most inconsistent chokers in the league. Kawhi carried his bum ass and just because he played well 2-3 games out of a series means little. Siakam is a good player but soon to be a max player off a solid year. I’ll take the team friendly and upside of the clippers young core. Let’s see if he becomes potentially overpaid quickly. See how Gasol holds up for a whole season and FVV isn’t touching Harrell or Williams

Return to The General Board